As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Dentists: Your teeth's natural enemy.

• Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    I'm going to school to be a dentist! Ask me anything

qSdK9Lol.png

broken image link
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    I'm indifferent to it mostly

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    why dentistry

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    Tef wrote: »
    I haven't been to a dentist in over a decade.

If I get pain or can feel a cavity then yeah, I'll go.

Otherwise, fuck no.

Go to the dentist you silly duffer!

Prevention is better than care

Man, my teeth are fine. My wisdom teeth even came through with zero problems and no pain.

Here's the thing though. You have no idea what is happening below your gum line or in your teeth themselves. You are going to wait until any kind of infection/cavity/whatever hits your nerve endings before you do anything about it?

This is a supremely stupid course of action man

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    crwth wrote: »
    why dentistry

Why not?

As in a few years you can Esquire to your roll of titles and not feel silly about it

• Options
    SyphyreSyphyre A Dangerous Pastime Registered User regular
    My dentist is awesome. Dentists are not the devil. Bad dentists are. Just like bad anything else.

• Options
    edited January 2014
    Brainleech wrote: »
    why dentistry

Why not?

As in a few years you can Esquire to your roll of titles and not feel silly about it

well i feel like other doctors will sometimes give reasons like oh my dad died of such and such disease and that inspired me to get into medicine but i don't know the dental equivalent

dad ate too many tootsie roll pops and i knew i had found my calling

crwth on
    EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    I've only been to a dentist twice since I graduated from high school back in '06, since that's when I lost my dental insurance. One of those trips was to get about half of my molars removed for various cavities and cracks and what not.

I'm like genetically disposed for my teeth to be horrible. Both my parents took real good care of their teeth and they still ended up with dentures by the time they were around 50.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    POKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMANPOKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMAN i can make this march and i will make georgia howlRegistered User regular
    the one part of me that's in good shape is my teeth

i've never had a cavity

unfortunately, when i'm asleep i grind my teeth incredibly hard, and since moving out on my own i no longer have anyone to wake me up while it's happening

so i'm going to be losing those nice teeth before i'm forty probably oops

vQ77AtR.png
    steam | xbox live: IGNORANT HARLOT | psn: MadRoll | nintendo network: spinach
    3ds: 1504-5717-8252
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    why dentistry

Why not?

well i feel like other doctors will sometimes give reasons like oh my dad died of such and such disease and that inspired me to get into medicine but i don't know the dental equivalent

dad ate too many tootsie roll pops and i knew i had found my calling

I get to be called doctor and work with people and my hands AND my brain and I get paid good money and the hours are reasonable as compared to other types of doctors (no emergency calls 5am on a Sunday) and there is a lot of opportunity to eventually have my own practice (goes well with my finance degree)

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    That is cool, Screech! The world needs good dentists.

• Options
    Also my fucking uncontrollable teeth fetish

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    O-oh.

• Options
    My brother got a tooth punched out the other week a bar. Some dude king hit and snapped out a front tooth. Luckily it's been covered by a thing the governor does called victims of crime which is pretty good, but still

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    I would never want to be any kind of doctor or person that works that close to people.

People are gross. Fiddling around inside someone's mouth and digging all the gunk out sounds like a horrible time.

• Options
    farg please work on my teeth in the middle of the night it's the only time i am available

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    My brother got a tooth punched out the other week a bar. Some dude king hit and snapped out a front tooth. Luckily it's been covered by a thing the governor does called victims of crime which is pretty good, but still

May I meet this king of dudes?

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    unfortunately, when i'm asleep i grind my teeth incredibly hard, and since moving out on my own i no longer have anyone to wake me up while it's happening

My dentist made me get a mouthguard last October because of this

Now I've started grinding down the mouthguard instead

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    farg please work on my teeth in the middle of the night it's the only time i am available

Yes of course

When I am actually working if anyone tells me they are from se++ ill give them like a 10 dollar discount and let them take TWO prizes from the prize chest

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    So last week I went to the dentist for the first time in sixteen months or so. I finally have dental insurance thanks to me job, so I got a chance to get my teeth cleaned.

I enjoy trips to the dentist.

But I also enjoy pain, so getting jabbed and such in my mouth is an exciting endeavor.

• Options
    Zonugal wrote: »

I missed a key word there, should have said king hit him! I think you yanks call it a sucker punch?

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    POKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMANPOKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMAN i can make this march and i will make georgia howlRegistered User regular

My dentist made me get a mouthguard last October because of this

Now I've started grinding down the mouthguard instead
    yeah i tried that for like a week

the fit is good but for the week i tried it it felt so strange i wound up sleeping for about an hour and a half, two hours a night, tops

which

isn't sustainable

vQ77AtR.png
    steam | xbox live: IGNORANT HARLOT | psn: MadRoll | nintendo network: spinach
    3ds: 1504-5717-8252
  • Options

I missed a key word there, should have said king hit him! I think you yanks call it a sucker punch?

We gots lots of names for stuff up here in the red, white and blue.

• Options
    So since visiting the dentist I have been flossing and using mouth-wash at least once a day.

I am hopeful I can keep this up.

Although my mild-addiction to soda is going to really test me...

• Options
    i am trying to figure out the etymology of king hit but my brain is coming up with nothing

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    I'm mostly worried I'll grind a hole into the mouthguard

I've really worn the thing down in a little over 2 months of use

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular

How many yachts are you planning on buying? Per month, I mean?

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Going to the dentist in about an hour and a half! before my cleaning in December it had been about 12 years since I went. While my teeth themselves are fine, except for a couple old fillings which are being re-done today, my gums were totally fucked up. Plaque buildup under the gum line, the first stages of gum disease. They said they caught it early enough and got it cleaned up so I shouldn't have any problems, but I need to make sure I go in for regular cleanings now.

So remember kids, make sure to floss! You don't want to see your dentist or dental assistant scraping off big pieces of tarter that feels like old dry rubber cement in your mouth. My mouth has felt so much better since the cleaning too.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options

How many yachts are you planning on buying? Per month, I mean?

actually I'm going with jet skis

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular

Nah, a sucker punch is a quick snap while they're not looking. You can king hit someone right to their face, if their reactions are slow enough.

Also, did this happen in Cott, or on site?

• Options
    Also, it's a good thing he's getting it fixed, at least one of you needs to be attractive.

• Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    I brush and take pretty good care of my teeth, but we didn't have dental insurance growing up and to date I've had to have two root canals. They aren't that bad really.

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    I haven't been in two or three years because I'm in a pretty ok financial position but terrified that if I go every cent I've saved for an eventual house or new car will vanish

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    My dentist is excellent and I wouldn't trade him for anything. And I would drive up to and including 4 hours just to go see him as opposed to someone else.

He did my only root canal and i swear I had no idea he was even working yet I felt so little, and then next thing you know "ok you're done". I didn't even feel the novocain needle. He's good. Real good.

• Options
    I haven't been in two or three years because I'm in a pretty ok financial position but terrified that if I go every cent I've saved for an eventual house or new car will vanish

You... You aren't required to attend a follow up...

• Options
    NoisymunkNoisymunk Registered User regular
    My current dentist flirts with my teeth. It's the best, she's sweet.

Last appointment she had a student shadowing her for the day. The student also began flirting with my teeth.

Never had a cavity, basically the poster-boy for fluoride in drinking water and electronic toothbrushes and flossing on the regular.

brDe918.jpg
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular

You... You aren't required to attend a follow up...

I'm aware

But if there is some horrible problem I'll want to get it fixed

Currently I'm performing what's called the "Hide under the covers" strategy

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    No, because you see, fluoride in the drinking water is how the government is trying to control your mind, man.

Don't you know Hitler did the same thing? Wake up sheeple!

• Options
    NoisymunkNoisymunk Registered User regular
    Marathon wrote: »
    No, because you see, fluoride in the drinking water is how the government is trying to control your mind, man.

Don't you know Hitler did the same thing? Wake up sheeple!

I may be a government stooge but my mouth is healthy.

brDe918.jpg
  • Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2014
    I'm going tomorrow. Bleh.

They always nag me to floss, and at this point I'm just like "nah dog, that ain't happening." I figure they appreciate me being upfront with my utter non-compliance, but I don't really care. Just polish and check for cavities and let me go, please.

a5ehren on