As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Borderlands 2] Pre-Sequel lands on the goddamn moon. Now with Improved Drop Rates!

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    Iolo wrote: »
    Unlocked the third weapon slot. It's so useful.

Indeed. That would be a great pre-order bonus: all weapon slots unlocked from the start of the game.

I would also accept beating the game once to allow subsequent playthroughs to start with all slots available.

:)

When replayed 1 as Brick I went straight to Zombie Island once the fast travel was up and running. I finished the whole thing 2 weapon slots and no mods.

I had totally forgotten that those were earned though main game progression.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    edited March 2016

Indeed. That would be a great pre-order bonus: all weapon slots unlocked from the start of the game.

I would also accept beating the game once to allow subsequent playthroughs to start with all slots available.

Skippable intro would also be nice when you feel like trying another class.

Archsorcerer on
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
  • Options
    daveNYCdaveNYC Why universe hate Waspinator? Registered User regular
    jclast wrote: »
    I'd settle for making it level-dependent instead of story-dependent. It really disincentivizes me from doing sidequests at the proper level because I know in 2 chapters I'm getting another weapon SDU and by that point the side quest is trivial so I never do it.

Scaling rewards that are capped at say lvl 10 would be a thing. So for the first few quests (some quantity) the rewards start at level X and will scale up to your level - 1 or so, with a cap out at 9 or 10.

Lets you goof around and do other things without worrying about outleveling whatever you were going to get as a reward, and without allowing super high level quest rewards into the game (within reason).

Shut up, Mr. Burton! You were not brought upon this world to get it!
  • Options
    Man, that last section of the story mode is jarring. No Live sub means I can't get Shift keys. Could use some purples.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular

Skippable intro would also be nice when you feel like trying another class.

I'd much rather be able to switch classes at will. I'd love a system where most of the statistical progression is shared across characters, but individual characters have their own levels that grant skill points.

Borderlands 3 looks like it might take place on multiple planets, so it would also be neat to be able to reset a planet at will without needing to scrap your progress everywhere else.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Man, the difference between BL2 with and without PhysX is kind of large.

Debris. Debris everywhere.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Finished the story mode. Is the DLC good?

XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    TPS? Claptrap DLC is pretty good. Holo-whatever sucks.

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »
    TPS? Claptrap DLC is pretty good. Holo-whatever sucks.

The Holodome's a simple boss-rush addition to the game based around Athena telling the story a third time and thus only going over the major beats, correct?

• Options
    Like seriously, when PhysX enabled, running any kind of Hellborn Krieg is almost a guessing game of where the enemy is to swing on them.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Is it me or are Stringrays dissapointing? I expected speeder bikes.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    NOPE. They're basically Mantas from UT2k4, and I love 'em.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    I love them. You can do quite a bit of jumping up into improbable places with them. Plus in coop if yours gets blown up you can spawn one off your buddies' Stingray without having the schlep all the way back to a vehicle station.

Iolo on
    Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Borderlands 1 is now free on Xbox 360 and One for XBL gold members until the end of the month. You can also play together between the two

Holy shit I had no idea it was 7 years old. Doesn't feel that long at all

• Options
    The difference between the level of polish between it and BL2 is insane. It's fun, but it's really rough in some areas. The movement towards more voice acting has definitely been a good thing for the series.

• Options
    Borderlands franchise sale on Steam this weekend:

http://store.steampowered.com/sale/borderlands/

I expect most folks here have the base games they want (although TPS is at $16 which is not earth-shaking but certainly a good value). It looks like the character packs and other DLC are on sale too, though, so if you were wanting to pick up Krieg or the Doppleganger, now's a good time. :)

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular

I expect most folks here have the base games they want (although TPS is at $16 which is not earth-shaking but certainly a good value). It looks like the character packs and other DLC are on sale too, though, so if you were wanting to pick up Krieg or the Doppleganger, now's a good time. :)

If you have TPS and like pet classes then you should definitely pick up the Doppelganger. It's the best pet class across all three Borderlands games.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options

If you have TPS and like pet classes then you should definitely pick up the Doppelganger. It's the best pet class across all three Borderlands games.
    it's very likely the best class across all three borderlands games

• Options

It is probably just the group I play with but I really, really like Maya and being able to turn phase lock into a remove instant res. It's honestly the only thing "wrong" with Gaige for me. When I'm her there is nobody to pick everybody else up because I'm the only one in my group that likes sexy space witches.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited March 2016

I do hope we see Timothy again. I think they could do some nice things storywise with a character stuck with Jack's face.

Owenashi on
  • Options

It is probably just the group I play with but I really, really like Maya and being able to turn phase lock into a remove instant res. It's honestly the only thing "wrong" with Gaige for me. When I'm her there is nobody to pick everybody else up because I'm the only one in my group that likes sexy space witches.
    oh i'm not speaking from a favorite stand point or anything

i mean that the doppelganger is straight up probably the most overpowered class in a borderlands game

maybe sal, but even then i'm not entirely sure.

• Options
    edited March 2016
    Gearbox/2k is in on VALVe's bundle initiative, so if you own the first two games, the Borderlands Triple Pack is $4.80 for just TPS. No Season Pass included, but even at 50% off (which it currently is), you're still paying less than $20 combined.

Sorce on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Sorce wrote: »
    Gearbox/2k is in on VALVe's bundle initiative, so if you own the first two games, the Borderlands Triple Pack is $4.80 for just TPS. No Season Pass included, but even at 50% off (which it currently is), you're still paying less than $20 combined.

That is awesome. What's the link for the triple pack on the store, please, @Sorce? I can't seem to find it from the franchise page or by searching, even if I log out.

EDIT: Oh wait, there it is: http://store.steampowered.com/bundle/257/ :)

Iolo on
    Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    Owenashi wrote: »

I do hope we see Timothy again. I think they could do some nice things storywise with a character stuck with Jack's face.

In my fantasy world, we get a Borderlands 3 that has ALL THE WARRIORS from the previous games, with suspiciously similar playalikes for those that are dead. But eh. The cast is, like... close to 20, now? And Gearbox is usually good about giving me someone new to like with every game, so they have zero reason to do that.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Has there been any Next Borderlands news at all?

• Options
    Brolo wrote: »
    Has there been any Next Borderlands news at all?

Sort of?

They acknowledge that BL3 is in development, but it won't be out before the end of next year, if not longer. Or at least, that's what AdmiralBahroo said on one of his videos.

https://youtu.be/FEB1-46qmnY

sig.gif
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    I figure there might be a announcement about it at E3, since that's where games that you won't be playing until at least the one after it get announced.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Admiral Bahroo: "...of that good old raid boss feel that we all know and love..."

:(

Iolo on
    Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
  • Options
    For real. I like interesting boss fights. I don't like boss fights that have only one way to beat them and require a team of 4 to do it.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Yeah, I don't mind a raid boss or two. Crawmerax was good fun. But they saw how much people liked that in Knoxx and went hog fucking wild with that super high-level, high-gear, grindy as fuck aspect of the game to the detriment of just being a badass and running around blowing up spiderants and other mobs.

I mean, BL2 was a monster hit. So maybe that's what the people really wanted. It just wasn't what I wanted after the first couple playthroughs. <sad trombone>

Iolo on
    Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
  • Options
    curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    TPS fixed a lot, and the main issue was shitty drop rates, which SEEMS to have been improved.

I have been itching to play some BL1 at times recently, but i don't have the room in my schedule :\

RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • Options
    Two things I'm really noticing in BL1.
    1) It's dark. In general the artwork is darker, with more muted colors than BL2, and also the nighttime is legitimately on the dark side (as far as non-realistic night light levels goes)
    2) You're soooooo slow. Running feels about the same, but the walking speed is much slower than BL2 (at least it feels that way).

• Options
    edited March 2016
    daveNYC wrote: »
    1) It's dark. In general the artwork is darker, with more muted colors than BL2, and also the nighttime is legitimately on the dark side (as far as non-realistic night light levels goes)
    2) You're soooooo slow. Running feels about the same, but the walking speed is much slower than BL2 (at least it feels that way).

Yeah. I jumped into BL1 last night to run over and trigger the World's Largest Bullet cheevo (hadn't realized I'd missed it.) And even as Lilith, the speediest of the original 4 vault hunters, it just felt like moving from point A to point B on foot took an age.

curly, I agree that TPS fixed a lot of that. But that was made in Australia and not at the the Gearbox mothership in Plano. So I'm worried the lessons learned there won't 'take' when they do BL3 (especially since I don't think TPS' sales blew them away.)

Iolo on
    Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
  • Options
    daveNYC wrote: »

Yeah. I jumped into BL1 last night to run over and trigger the World's Largest Bullet cheevo (hadn't realized I'd missed it.) And even as Lilith, the speediest of the original 4 vault hunters, it just felt like moving from point A to point B on foot took an age.

curly, I agree that TPS fixed a lot of that. But that was made in Australia and not at the the Gearbox mothership in Plano, so I'm worried the lessons learned there won't 'take' when they do BL3 (especially since I don't think TPS' sales blew them away.)

I'm inclined to agree, and it's a damn shame. TPS didn't blow people away for a number of reasons.

1) It launched on 360/PS3 when most had moved on to XB1/PS4. I know a lot play on PC, but as a console gamer it was hard to sell my group on dusting off their PS3s.
    2) It's hard to get excited about a game that slots in the middle of the series instead of a "new" entry.
    3) I don't remember if it was heavily featured in the advertising, but a lot of the accents aren't pleasing to a US ear (or at least not to _my_ US ear. The "joke" that the moon is space Australia isn't worth anywhere near as much as they thought it would be.
    4) Detailing ahead of time that the season pass was one battle arena, one narrative piece, and 2 characters soured me on it. Kudos for being up-front about what it is, but TPS is already the shortest feeling game and then to have the most anemic set of DLC was a giant bummer.

That being said, you look at what 2K Australia added, and I'm going to be really disappointed if we don't have double-jumps, butt stomps, and a stand it for O2 kits in the next game. Cryo is a ton better than slag, and lasers are super fun to use. I finally don't constantly feel like "man, I wish I could still find revolvers from BL1" because I'm happy to find laser weapons now. The grinder is a ton better than just selling vendor trash, and the incidental dialog from the player character is great.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options

That explains Nisha's line at the start. Cool.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    That being said, you look at what 2K Australia added, and I'm going to be really disappointed if we don't have double-jumps, butt stomps, and a stand it for O2 kits in the next game. Cryo is a ton better than slag, and lasers are super fun to use. I finally don't constantly feel like "man, I wish I could still find revolvers from BL1" because I'm happy to find laser weapons now. The grinder is a ton better than just selling vendor trash, and the incidental dialog from the player character is great.

We got the floatiness and Oz kits. They could make underwater areas or a planet. Jack mentioned a place named Aquamarine iirc.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    It's funny, but i am waiting for Borderlands 3 mostly for the plot, even though it was just a dumb shooter at the start. I really want to see all of these characters again, especially Athena, Timothy and Gaige, and maybe Tales... crew.

• Options
    Me too, though I suspect I'll be a sad panda. The BL2 plot was a really great bit of writing, especially since they were able to retcon everything back in the BL1 story. None of it is Bioware's grand opera scale stuff, but it's tight and fleshes out everything nicely, gives people motives and whatnot, and had some decent (low brow) humor.

I'm not sure if they'll be able to hit that sweet spot again, and I'm worried that they'll dial the Handsome Jack up to 11, which might end up getting old.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    The only raid boss I ever did was the TPS one on Playthrough 1, with me about 10+ levels higher than everyone else. It was OK? I didn't feel like I was really in danger. Never even tried any of the others since I don't have a group that plays these and I have no interest in grinding enough to be able to solo them.

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    Dac wrote: »
    Big perk for when I was running Lillith and Brick was their speed feats.

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
This discussion has been closed.