As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Reality is merely an [REDACTED], albeit a very [Spooky] one

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Naphtali wrote: »
    #pipe wrote: »
    Yesterday I found a tag on the SCP

Thaumiel

Only four articles, but four seriously deep, balanced and mind bending articles. 2000 in particular starts out seeming like the ultimate Deus Ex Machina, but ends up leaving you thoroughly skeeved.

these were awesome @#pipe

did you see scp-wiki.net/scp-2700, which was linked off of 2400? I really loved that one. God damn it Tesla...

Did anyone see the Document recovered from the Marianas Trench? It seems to be linked to scp2000

Predates 2000, though.

2000 almost a later explanation for the whole creepy setup.

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    chiasaur11 wrote: »
    Naphtali wrote: »
    #pipe wrote: »
    Yesterday I found a tag on the SCP

Thaumiel

Only four articles, but four seriously deep, balanced and mind bending articles. 2000 in particular starts out seeming like the ultimate Deus Ex Machina, but ends up leaving you thoroughly skeeved.

these were awesome @#pipe

did you see scp-wiki.net/scp-2700, which was linked off of 2400? I really loved that one. God damn it Tesla...

Did anyone see the Document recovered from the Marianas Trench? It seems to be linked to scp2000

Predates 2000, though.

2000 almost a later explanation for the whole creepy setup.

Well, yes. I think it works well.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    tumblr_mnob29xJFz1qh8drdo1_1280.jpg

follow

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    there's a movie on netflix called Yellowbrick Road that's pretty decent for spooky fare.

of course, i super duper love horror films so a lot of times my opinions on these matters is to be taken with a grain of salt.

probably my favorite genre, actually. which is a problem as i seem to have exhausted any halfway decent option on netflix.

• Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    Xehalus wrote: »
    tumblr_mnob29xJFz1qh8drdo1_1280.jpg

follow

I will when they move that fell.

Until then, good bye you howling dogs of society and your penthouses.
    I really hope someone gets this

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Meet our Anti-dog.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    This Malaysian airliner thing is kinda spooky to me, but only because LOST was such a big deal for me

• Options
    K3xxx.jpg

• Options
    MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    Not a ghost thing, just really odd timing..

I work midnights, and I bike down a residential road. It's not the friendliest side of town, with a combination of run down houses, abandoned properties, and well maintained houses with elderly people. These houses have a higher than average chance of burning down on this road, mostly due to carelessness, or ancient electricity wirings.

One of these houses catches fire one night. Thankfully, the residents all got out in time. For a few days though, all that remained was a intact front of the house, masking a completly gutted back.

So, one of these nights, I had picked up half of a shift, so a three in the morning, I pedaled casually home. When I reached the burnt out shell of a house, I glanced over at it. It was at this time, the streetlight decided to turn off, with an audible *pop*. Now, I'm used to these street lights doing that, only flicker back on eventually.

But then, out of the dimness of the other street lights, the front door of the corpse of the house creaked open. And by creak, I mean the creak sound found in many a horror film. And even though the door was completly open, there was absolute darkness past the threshold.

If I could have maintained that bike speed as I pedaled away frantically, I would have won the Tour De France.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Muzzmuzz wrote: »
    Not a ghost thing, just really odd timing..

I work midnights, and I bike down a residential road. It's not the friendliest side of town, with a combination of run down houses, abandoned properties, and well maintained houses with elderly people. These houses have a higher than average chance of burning down on this road, mostly due to carelessness, or ancient electricity wirings.

One of these houses catches fire one night. Thankfully, the residents all got out in time. For a few days though, all that remained was a intact front of the house, masking a completly gutted back.

So, one of these nights, I had picked up half of a shift, so a three in the morning, I pedaled casually home. When I reached the burnt out shell of a house, I glanced over at it. It was at this time, the streetlight decided to turn off, with an audible *pop*. Now, I'm used to these street lights doing that, only flicker back on eventually.

But then, out of the dimness of the other street lights, the front door of the corpse of the house creaked open. And by creak, I mean the creak sound found in many a horror film. And even though the door was completly open, there was absolute darkness past the threshold.

If I could have maintained that bike speed as I pedaled away frantically, I would have won the Tour De France.

This is why I will never not own a car. Fuck you hell door Im going 90

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    5f0XNzn.jpg

• Options
    So I heard you guys like creepy shit.

(Can't tell if this is embedding properly, on my phone)

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    it embedded fine

• Options
    also FUCK YOU

• Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    If that's a screamer you have to tell us. It's in the Constitution.

• Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    It's technically not a screamer.

• Options
    17 seconds in and I decided to watch it tomorrow. Big ol' weenie right here.

• Options
    Technically, I only made it to the beginning of the second scene, before deciding to put it off until after work.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    I actually had to bite my lip and force myself to focus on the movie until it finished. The levels of dread building up in me were much more than expected. It didn't help that it played on like one of my most persistent irrational fears since childhood.

I still freak myself out when I get up in the middle of the night to get a drink of water or go to the bathroom.

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Ok I made it to 35 seconds and decided I like being able to go to the toilet at night more than finishing that video.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    It's not that bad.

• Options
    Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    It was pretty tense until the ending.

• Options
    a winning smile

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Seriously though everybody, if you happen to like horror movies, and no I don't mean schlocky shit like Scream, I mean a decent movie, watch Snowtown.

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Is it on Netflix?

• Options
    I don't have Netflix. I'm sure it's a couple of dollars on DVD at Walmart, though.

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Best not watch Snowtown if you like feeling good though.

It will forcefully suck all of that happiness right out of you.

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    That video was pretty good. The dark doesn't scare me living alone, but hearing sounds I can't account for at night most definitely does.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    IgortIgort Registered User regular
    It is scary, and tense, but also quite amusing in it's own way.

• Options
    Ok that wasn't too bad.

• Options
    so i'm outside, smoking a cigarette and stuff. it's dark as shit, it's all cloudy and such, and i feel something furry rub against my legs.

my brother's cat just tried to give me a fucking heart attack.

• Options
    I got up from my computer one night to go to the bathroom and my cat ambushed me from behind some bags sitting on the floor. Nearly jumped out of my skin. She usually "hides" behind shoes or jackets but this time I had no clue she was there.

• Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    I heard there was a creepy thread in here
    E8OVEw1.gif

• Options
    i wish there was a website dedicated to spooky sailor/sea stories. cuz i've been looking for one and can't find shit.

the ocean is spooky as fuck, yall.

• Options
    Open water is something that I have never experienced and would probably be pretty freaked out by. There is nothing under you. For miles.

• Options
    and beneath the ice crust of Europa, an ocean that extends for hundreds of kilometers. deep, dark, never touched by the warmth of the sun, harboring secrets and horrors our tiny brains could never understand.

• Options
    SirToasty wrote: »
    Open water is something that I have never experienced and would probably be pretty freaked out by. There is nothing under you. For miles.

Oh there's stuff under you alright
    tumblr_m8vbgtv4qv1rtigpbo1_500.gif

• Options
  • Options
    evolution can't be reasoned with

it doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear

and it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead

This discussion has been closed.