As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PSO2] Phantasy Star Online 2 New Genesis is essentially PSO3!

• Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    So do I want to do this thing?

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    So do I want to do this thing?

Yes.

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    This weekend then.

• Options
    MadpoetMadpoet Registered User regular
    Did Sega ever announce a change to their policy on foreign players? PSO2 looked interesting, but I lost interest after this: segahates.us/

• Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    So far it's not looking like it. Monkey around with the translation patch and join in anyway though, I haven't heard of anyone getting penalized for using it.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    Skeith wrote: »
    So far it's not looking like it. Monkey around with the translation patch and join in anyway though, I haven't heard of anyone getting penalized for using it.

I mean, put it this way - ship 2/block 20 basically has English as the default language. If they cared, they could ban people left and right without trying at all.

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    If it wasn't for Hearthstone and the new Starbound patch dropping so close together I'd be playing this right now. :(

I was on a few days ago and got to fight Ragne in the forest world. That was a fun random encounter.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    The emergency quest for the fleet being attacked changed.

It now involves Burning Rangers as the BGM.

• Options
    Having trouble with the captcha.

• Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    Having trouble with the captcha.

Come on FFXIV vent i'll help ya, Iv'e gotten a few people through it

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    ScosglenScosglen Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    Madpoet wrote: »
    Did Sega ever announce a change to their policy on foreign players? PSO2 looked interesting, but I lost interest after this: segahates.us/

You see friend partner characters (offline AI version of your character that other people can "hire" for missions) speaking english all the time, there is a de-facto english block on server 2 that is almost always full. Sega hasn't and probably will never directly address the english speaking players, or the ones who use the translation software, but I have to imagine they know about it and they just don't care. There are a lot more aggressive ways that they could filter out dirty gaijin if they really wanted to.

Scosglen on
  • Options
    Awake and back in game. I have no idea what I am doing so I am stuck in this lobby area after the tutorial.

• Options
    Anyone playing this afternoon so I am not so lonely in this lobby I don't understand?

• Options
    Tad late, but my player ID is Polaritie / 12546485 (not sure which it uses for friending) if you want to add me in-game.

• Options
    On that note, I am playing Alsoa Bri

• Options
    drunkenpandarendrunkenpandaren Slapping all the goblin ham In the top laneRegistered User regular
    edited February 2014
    I just got everything all set up here. My player ID is dpandaren, I think, with a character running around called NooMoahk.

Also robots with cowboy hats.

drunkenpandaren on
    Origin: HaxtonWasHere
    Steam: pandas_gota_gun
  • Options
    Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    So, my interest in piqued.

I've just got a few questions:

How is the solo/duo stuff?
    Serious opinions about how playable the translation patch makes the game?
    Likelihood of this being shut down and any/all time I've invested being invalidated?

I usually skirt away from anything where I have to work arcane rituals to play a game, but... God damn it, I'm tired of fantasy.

• Options
    edited February 2014
    So, my interest in piqued.

I've just got a few questions:

How is the solo/duo stuff?
    Serious opinions about how playable the translation patch makes the game?
    Likelihood of this being shut down and any/all time I've invested being invalidated?

I usually skirt away from anything where I have to work arcane rituals to play a game, but... God damn it, I'm tired of fantasy.

1) Not really an issue, there's a couple fights that are easier with someone along (mainly for reviving though). Obviously, everything dies faster in a group.
    2) All the menus, quest objectives, etc. NPC dialogue depends on what type it is, really - random stuff in town not so much.
    3) I'm fairly sure SEGA is making money off of it atm, so...

Edit: That said, I think we've had like two people on ever in the last week, so...

Polaritie on
  • Options
    The patch installation is way easier than it used to be, and it's definitely possible to solo your way through things.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    KamarKamar Registered User regular
    Looking for something to waste some time with, patching this up now with the tweaker.

Probably won't take it too seriously, what with the potential ban-just-cuz thing, but I figure I can have some fun when I'm waiting for new content in the MMOs I do play seriously.

• Options
    drunkenpandarendrunkenpandaren Slapping all the goblin ham In the top laneRegistered User regular
    I've been on like every day at least. Gotta get my FUN money. Also I drag my friends along so we play in a group. This game is literally everything I wanted PSU to be.

• Options
    aunsophaunsoph Registered User regular
    Anyone still playing this? I started about two weeks ago, and I've been playing pretty consistently almost every night. It scratches the same itch Warframe and Dragon Nest do, but somehow it feels less repetitive than the latter.

I've gotten to the early 20s with my Force, and joined a random guild to help me learn the ropes... and while they are helpful and nice, the constant talk about waifus and occasional hentai symbol arts are creeping the fuck out of me.

• Options
    I'm still playing it with friends. Off and on lately though because it's hard to get everyone online at the same time. I just unlocked Fighter so I've been leveling that up. Been kind of wanting to make another account so I can make a full time ranger or force. A FoCast is not going to be the greatest thing ever and I'm like so cheap because ESO made me poor.

• Options
    I would like to play more, but time conspires against me. Also, I would be interested in doing whatever I have to do to get on an English client once they do whatever they are going to do to release it in an English speaking country. It is going to happen eventually.

• Options
    I would like to play more, but time conspires against me. Also, I would be interested in doing whatever I have to do to get on an English client once they do whatever they are going to do to release it in an English speaking country. It is going to happen eventually.

See you in 3141 then.

• Options
    aunsophaunsoph Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Yeah, I wouldn't hold my breath for an English release at this point. Quite frankly, the fan translation patch is really top notch as it is. It translates pretty much all of the item names, a good chunk of their descriptions, almost all quest names and their descriptions and basically the entire story's cutscenes and quests. So all that's really left is some of the lore pop-ups on each tileset, the tutorials and the NPC idle-chatter back at the space station.

I waited more than a full year before finally realizing the English version was for all intents and purposes abandoned, and just decided to play on the Japanese servers anyway. That said, I absolutely refuse to give SEGA any money after being forced to jump through so many hoops to create an account, patch it to English and then being merely "allowed" to play only so much as until a Japanese player dislikes the color of my character's outfit and reports me for not being moe enough.

If they do release an international or NA version though? I'll be a pretty neon space princess, with an awesome neon space house... day one.

Anyway, if anyone wants to do stuff with my currently lvl 23 Force, just add Sophism101 with a message saying you're from PA. Hopefully this weekend I can unlock the Techer sub for her.

aunsoph on
  • Options
    I concur that there will not be an NA release, but I read in an article that they were planning on releasing in some English speaking asian countries, and that the english translation was done.

• Options
    AgentflitAgentflit Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    I still play this occasionally if anyone would like to friend me. I'd join the PA team but I'm already in another. Player ID Agentflit, lv28 hunter.

Agentflit on
  • Options
    Dr. KuddlekinsDr. Kuddlekins Registered User regular
    Got into this a few days ago. Old PSO nut. Nostalgia all up ins. Sent in an application to the PA team.

• Options
    carboxymoroncarboxymoron Registered User regular
    Can anyone tell me the total filesize for this (game + translation patch etc) after install?

• Options
    My folder is ~17GB, but I think I'm a few patches behind. Call it 19.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Grabbed this the other night, took a day to download it all. Used some translator patch front end - gooooood luck typing out that Hirgana captcha to make a Sega account. All the places I read up on getting setup described it as the first boss of the game. I looked real quick at it this morning, but will try it out some more tonight. When I get home, I'll post the translation link. It downloaded, patched, and applied the translation for me. ~21GB.

Anyone still playing? What ship were people on? I'd read ship 2 was the unofficial English one.

edit: whoops, must have misclicked, didn't think the OP had all this info.

Nosf on
  • Options
    You need to find the kanji wiki page and cut and paste the symbols you need.

• Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular

I found a web based Hirgana keyboard that was a lot easier, it let me type the characters and then copy them to the clipboard. I'm certain that some of the cut paste from Wikipedia ones were right, but it still timed out or otherwise denied me.

• Options
    MordrackMordrack Registered User regular
    You do have to be somewhat quick with their capcha. I think you only have 2 minutes or so to input it.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    I was reminding of this recently and am just checking things out.

I see they added a new class, Bouncer. They use either dual swords or jet-boot kick-boxing. So, uh, cool.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    Axen wrote: »
    I was reminding of this recently and am just checking things out.

I see they added a new class, Bouncer. They use either dual swords or jet-boot kick-boxing. So, uh, cool.

Jet-boot kick-boxing fireball-shooting. So, yeah.

There's some wonkiness with their IP routing or something that makes it impossible to connect normally with most NA ISPs - if you check it out and have trouble I can point you to some solutions.

• Options
    AgentflitAgentflit Registered User regular
    Seems everyone can connect normally again, as of a couple days ago.

• Options
    I'd heard that there was a blanket ban on Verizon IPs because of a DDoS, is that true?

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    No, they fucked up their IP routing after one, and it just meant packets from most places outside JP didn't get through.

Apparently, fixed.