Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[DnD 5E] Barrowtown - A 5E PbP (Game's done! Post-game discussion is open!)

1131416181924

Posts

  • NealnealNealneal Registered User regular
    Not seeing anything to the west, Halath proceeds north along the wall.

  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    The maze continues to unfold as you creep around. You don't hear or see anything, and the only smell is the ever-present stink of herd animals.

    Choose north or west again and roll what you want to roll as you continue exploring.

    maze03.jpg

  • NealnealNealneal Registered User regular
    Halath will stick to the plan and continue north. He motions to the others to continue staying close. He creeps along as quietly as possible, while trying his best to keep his keen elven senses attuned to his surroundings.

    Geth roll 1d20+2 for Perception
    Geth roll 1d20+6 for Stealth

    Perception:
    1d20+2 18 [1d20=16]
    Stealth:
    1d20+6 12 [1d20=6]

  • am0nam0n Registered User regular
    Lakor nods and follows along, letting the light-on-their-feet lead the way.

  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    Halath, you proceed north through the dark hallways. Suddenly you hear a snort, and the sound of hooves charging across the stone floor. You see a huge humanoid, fur-covered and carrying a massive axe, charging toward you. Its bull-head is lowered, and its sharp horns strike you hard, right where it hurts - which is everywhere - as the force of the blow knocks you unconscious.

    A minotaur appears! And it charges you, hitting you for 27 damage. I don't think you can make a Strength save if you're unconscious, so you're thrown back 10 feet too. Fun!

    Roll Initiative!

    The Sauce
  • NealnealNealneal Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Now that's the Halath I know and love! I was worried you'd crit and one-shot me.
    Geth roll 1d20+4 for Initiative

    Initiative:
    1d20+4 16 [1d20=12]

    Nealneal on
  • mallenellammallenellam Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Hal draws an arrow and knocks.

    Geth roll 1d20+4 for initiative.

    initiative:
    1d20+4 6 [1d20=2]

    mallenellam on
  • am0nam0n Registered User regular
    Lakor reels back in shock, looking to aid his (almost dead) companion.


    Geth roll 1d20+1 for Initiative

    Initiative:
    1d20+1 19 [1d20=18]

  • MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    "Well, that certainly happened."

    Geth roll 1d20+3 for Initiative

    Initiative:
    1d20+3 11 [1d20=8]

  • silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Seamus pulls out his hammer and shield. "Looks like we're having steak tonight!"

    Geth roll 1d20 for Seamus's Initiative

    Seamus's Initiative:
    1d20 9 [1d20=9]

    V wrote:
    Words will always retain their power. Words offer the means to meaning, and for those who will listen, the enunciation of truth.

  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Round 1

    Even though most of you can't see it from where you are, the bellow of the minotaur and the sight of the horn-wounds in Halath's body are enough to give you a pretty good idea of what you're facing and where it is.

    enc06-round1.jpg

    Lakor - HP 40/40; AC 18
    Status: Normal.
    Halath - HP 3/30; AC 16
    Status: Mage Armor active.
    Minotaur 1 - HP 88/88; AC 14
    Status: Normal.
    Jelenneth - HP 27/27; AC 13
    Status: Normal.
    Seamus - HP 46/46; AC 20
    Status: Normal.
    Tal - HP 29/40; AC 16
    Status: Normal.
    Rhyna - HP 17/21; AC 14
    Status: Normal.

    @am0n‌ is up.

    Denada on
  • silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Do we actually know the layout of the labyrinth? It's pitch black save for the Light on my shield, right? Plus everyone has darkvision.

    V wrote:
    Words will always retain their power. Words offer the means to meaning, and for those who will listen, the enunciation of truth.

  • am0nam0n Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Watching Halath's body thrown limp into a wall, Lakor moves swiftly beside him. "Damnit, boy, now's no time to be resting." Lakor leans down and slaps Halath a few times on the face. "Now get up and fight!" he shouts.

    Move K11 and cast Cure Wounds (Action) and then cast Healing Word (bonus) on Halath. Lakor is secretly a Warlord, shouting to make everyone feel better.
    Geth roll 1d8+6;1d4+6 for Cure Wounds;Healing Word


    After seeing Halath come to his senses, Lakor turns his attention to the beast around the corner, weapon at the ready. "Why don't you pick on someone yer own size?"

    Finish move (I think I can split up my move, right?) and move to J11

    @Nealneal You regain 16 HP. Welcome back.

    Cure Wounds;Healing Word:
    1d8+6 7 [1d8=1]
    1d4+6 9 [1d4=3]

    am0n on
    Elvenshae
  • am0nam0n Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    @Denada also, don't forget that Halath, Jelenneth and Rhyna all have a max and current HP 5 greater than their base due to me casting Aid on them.

    Edit: Actually, I think that means Halath wasn't unconscious. He was 25/25 before Aid, so 30/30 after Aid, meaning he's badly injured, but not down.

    am0n on
  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    am0n wrote: »
    Denada also, don't forget that Halath, Jelenneth and Rhyna all have a max and current HP 5 greater than their base due to me casting Aid on them.

    Thank you, I did forget about that. I'll adjust. That means that Halath would not have been knocked out by the minotaur's charge, so @Nealneal‌ you can make a DC 14 Strength saving throw if you'd like to not be prone.

    Also I'm giving you the full map just for convenience. If there's anything still lurking in a place you haven't been, well, we'll cross that bridge when it gets a surprise attack on you.

    Denada on
    Elvenshae
  • am0nam0n Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    LOL. I just went back and read what I wrote...
    am0n wrote: »
    I cast Aid, giving three of my allies (I think it could include me, also, since it just says creatures) +5 Max HP and +5 current HP. Probably best to cast it on Rhyna, Halath and Jelenneth so they are less likely to be brought down by an unfortunate hit?

    am0n on
    GethThe Sauce
  • NealnealNealneal Registered User regular
    Woo hoo!
    Geth roll 1d20-1 for No Prone Elf

    1d20-1 14 [1d20=15]

  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    So you're not prone, but you're also not thrown 10 feet, which means you're right next to the Minotaur. But hey you're conscious and you get your full turn so that's good.

  • NealnealNealneal Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Slightly stunned by the suddeness and ferocity of the Minotaur's attack, Halath is unsure of what to do. He shakes his head to clear the cobwebs (we call that a concussion) and decides to stab the ugly beast and then run as fast as he can.

    Drop longbow.
    As part of his move action, he will draw his rapier.
    He'll attempt to stab the Minotaur in something vital.
    Then use Cunning Action to disengage, moving to K12, to create space for the tank to get to the minotaur.

    Geth roll 1d20+5 for Rapier vs. Minotaur
    Geth roll 1d8+2d6+3 for Rapier damage vs Minotaur.

    Wow...those damges rolls...I've pissed Orokos off I think.

    Rapier vs. Minotaur:
    1d20+5 17 [1d20=12]
    Rapier damage vs Minotaur:
    1d8+2d6+3 6 [1d8=1] [2d6=1, 1]

    Nealneal on
    am0nAegeriElvenshae
  • NealnealNealneal Registered User regular
  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    The minotaur doesn't even react to the stab of Halath's rapier. Instead it backs up, preparing for another charge.

    @am0n‌ for an OA against the minotaur.

  • am0nam0n Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Lakor... growls... as the Minotaur retreats. "Get back here, ye git." Swinging out with his warhammer, Lakor manages to connect, but appears to have minimal effect.

    Geth roll 1d20+4;1d8+2 for Attack;Damage

    Attack;Damage:
    1d20+4 15 [1d20=11]
    1d8+2 6 [1d8=4]

    am0n on
  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    The minotaur doesn't even pause to acknowledge the gentle tap provided by Lakor's warhammer. It just lowers its head and charges. Things are looking pretty bleak for Lakor, but just at the last moment a shield appears with Seamus's arm attached to it, turning aside the attack.

    M1 attacks Lakor with a goring charge, but I'm going to assume that Seamus uses Protection to apply disadvantage, which causes M1 to miss.

    enc06-round1b.jpg

    @Melding‌ is up.

    Geth
  • am0nam0n Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Caught between the two dwarven shields, Lakor laughs at the creature, "Yer going to have to try harder!"

    am0n on
    Elvenshae
  • MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    Jelenneth moves up to a spot where she can do some damage, having not seen the beast yet but the sounds it makes sound terrible. Finnay getting a look at the minotaur she raises an eye brow "Wow, we are a big one, aren't we?" And with that lunches a small volley of fire.

    Move to L13 and then casting scorching Ray. This might give it partial cover?

    Geth roll 3#1d20+5;3#2d6 for scorching Ray attacks and fire damages.

    I hope that expression is right and i'm not rolling 3 sets of three for some reason.

    either way @silence1186 you're up.

    scorching Ray attacks and fire damages:
    3#1d20+5 3 # 13 [1d20=8] 14 [1d20=9] 23 [1d20=18]
    3#2d6 3 # 10 [2d6=5, 5] 10 [2d6=5, 5] 7 [2d6=6, 1]

  • silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    I wonder why I didn't get a notification

    "Beef is supposed to be on skewers, not skewering us!" Seamus steps beside his Dwarven compatriot, and swings his Warhammer at the beast.

    Move two spaces up, then one over to i11

    Geth roll 1d20+5;1d8+3 for Warhammer attack; Bludgeoning damage

    Warhammer attack; Bludgeoning damage:
    1d20+5 14 [1d20=9]
    1d8+3 9 [1d8=6]

    V wrote:
    Words will always retain their power. Words offer the means to meaning, and for those who will listen, the enunciation of truth.

  • silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    @mallenellam You're up

    V wrote:
    Words will always retain their power. Words offer the means to meaning, and for those who will listen, the enunciation of truth.

  • mallenellammallenellam Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Tal moves to L13 and lets loose the arrow. "Never did like the smell of ... those."

    Geth roll 1d20+9;1d6+5 for Arrow hit; Arrow damage

    Arrow hit; Arrow damage:
    1d20+9 21 [1d20=12]
    1d6+5 7 [1d6=2]

    mallenellam on
  • mallenellammallenellam Registered User regular
    "Rhyna, behind me." Rhyna moves to the square behind, L14.

    @am0n‌, you're up.

  • am0nam0n Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    With the creature's head low from his charge, Lakor brings his warhammer down, swinging towards its head.

    Geth roll 1d20+4;1d8+2 for Attack;Damage

    @Nealneal‌

    Attack;Damage:
    1d20+4 23 [1d20=19]
    1d8+2 5 [1d8=3]

    am0n on
  • NealnealNealneal Registered User regular
    Now regreting the decision to drop his longbow, Halath decides to stay back and let the dwarves take the brunt. He sheathes his rapier and draws and loads his sling, whipping a stone at the beast's massive forehead.

    Geth roll 1d20+5 for Sling stone vs. Hard Head
    Geth roll 1d4+2d6+3 for Sling stone damage


    Sling stone vs. Hard Head:
    1d20+5 9 [1d20=4]
    Sling stone damage:
    1d4+2d6+3 9 [1d4=2] [2d6=2, 2]

  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    Holy crap did one of you actually miss!?

    I'll update tomorrow. Busy weekend.

  • NealnealNealneal Registered User regular
    Of course I missed. Halath is cursed!

    The Sauce
  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    Round 2

    The minotaur yells something in Abyssal, then swings its great axe in a powerful arc at Seamus. Armored as he may be, the strike still hits hard.

    At the start of his turn, M1 uses Reckless to gain advantage on its melee weapon attack rolls. It then hits Seamus for 24 slashing damage.
    *All attack rolls against M1 have advantage until the start of its next turn.*

    enc06-round2.jpg

    Lakor - HP 40/40; AC 18
    Status: Normal.
    Halath - HP 19/30; AC 16
    Status: Mage Armor active.
    Minotaur 1 - HP 45/88; AC 14
    Status: Granting Advantage (sont).
    Jelenneth - HP 27/27; AC 13
    Status: Normal.
    Seamus - HP 22/46; AC 20
    Status: Normal.
    Tal - HP 29/40; AC 16
    Status: Normal.
    Rhyna - HP 17/21; AC 14
    Status: Normal.

    @Melding is up next.

    Elvenshae
  • MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    Jelenneth moves up closer, deciding to take advantage of the beast's lowered defences and the wall of dwarf in front of it. raising her hand she sets out a bolt of strange coloured lightning.

    Move to J12. Cast Witch Bolt.

    Geth roll 2d20k1+5;1d12 for Witchbolt to hit and then do the lightning damage

    Next up is @silence1186

    Witchbolt to hit and then do the lightning damage:
    2d20k1+5 25 [2d20k1=[20], 6]
    1d12 12 [1d12=12]

  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    Minion, roll 1d12 for crit damage.

    crit damage:
    1d12 6 [1d12=6]

  • MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    I guess rolling a 20 means you roll the damage dice again for more damage? are we using that? if so

    Geth roll 1d12 for critical adoings.

    critical adoings:
    1d12 2 [1d12=2]

  • silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Seamus steadies himself from the crushing blow, and, taking a deep breath, pays the beast a blow back in kind.

    Activate Second Wind as a bonus action. Geth roll 1d10+4 for Second Wind self healing

    Attack the Minotaur with my Warhammer Geth roll 2d20k1+5;1d8+3 for Warhammer attack; Bludgeoning damage

    @mallenellam is up

    V wrote:
    Words will always retain their power. Words offer the means to meaning, and for those who will listen, the enunciation of truth.

  • silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    The forums are bugging out on me at the moment.

    V wrote:
    Words will always retain their power. Words offer the means to meaning, and for those who will listen, the enunciation of truth.

  • silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Geth roll 1d10+4 for Second Wind self healing

    Geth roll 2d20k1+5;1d8+3 for Warhammer attack; Bludgeoning damage

    Second Wind self healing:
    1d10+4 14 [1d10=10]
    Warhammer attack; Bludgeoning damage:
    2d20k1+5 17 [2d20k1=[12], 5]
    1d8+3 4 [1d8=1]

    silence1186 on
    V wrote:
    Words will always retain their power. Words offer the means to meaning, and for those who will listen, the enunciation of truth.

Sign In or Register to comment.