Options

[Nintendo eShop] So many classic games, so little time to play them all.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    I swear we had early ads a few weeks ago that leaked, but maybe the unread bug has thwarted me again.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
    I swear we had early ads a few weeks ago that leaked, but maybe the unread bug has thwarted me again.

And now would be the perfect time for them

Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
      Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
    • Options
      skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
      www.siliconera.com/2014/09/22/shin-megami-tensei-iv-atlus-games-sale
      Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars – $29.99

Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan – $14.99

Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl – $14.99

Devil Survivor Overclocked – $14.99

Shin Megami Tensei IV – $19.99

Code of Princess – $14.99

Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers – $14.99

No reason not to get some of these games.

Nintendo Console Codes
      Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
      PM Me if you add me!
      HAIL HYDRA
    • Options
      SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
      Hmm, tempted by Code of Princess, anybody have any rants or raves about it?

Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
    • Options
      RockinXRockinX Registered User regular
      Well, I was going to buy it in 2012, but as much as I love boobs, I found her outfit way too ridiculous. I bought Ocarina of Time 3D instead.

I had to get used to Alice's outfit in Virtue's Last Reward, but that was a small price to pay for playing such an amazing game.

• Options
      RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
      Code of Princess has far too much slowdown for my liking. As far as beat em ups with eye candy goes, I think Senran Kagura plays better and is overall a lot more fun.

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
    • Options
      NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
      Code of Princess has far too much slowdown for my liking. As far as beat em ups with eye candy goes, I think Senran Kagura plays better and is overall a lot more fun.

Yes, this.

• Options
      PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
      The best things on that list have IV in the title. Overclocked is good too from what I've heard - I only beat the original a few times though.

Steam: Polaritie
      3DS: 0473-8507-2652
      Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
      PSN: AbEntropy
    • Options
      SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
      edited September 2014
      RockinX wrote: »
      Well, I was going to buy it in 2012, but as much as I love boobs, I found her outfit way too ridiculous. I bought Ocarina of Time 3D instead.

I had to get used to Alice's outfit in Virtue's Last Reward, but that was a small price to pay for playing such an amazing game.

Oh wait, I was mixing it up Battle Princess of Arcadias, which is NIS, not Atlus, and features a clothed princess. Neeeever mind!

SwashbucklerXX on
      Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
    • Options
      maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
      Re: Code of Princess

It's a sound game mechanically, but it's over way too quickly and frankly doesn't have a whole lot of variety.

FU7kFbw.png
      Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
    • Options
      Man, the protagonist on the box art for Code of Princess actually looks visibly distressed by her situation.

YL9WnCY.png
    • Options
      edited September 2014
      The figure they released of the main character really highlights how ridiculous the design is.

Spoiler'd for possible NSFWness.

You take that belt off and she's basically wearing a piece of masking tape on her crotch and nipple pasties.

But don't forget the ridiculous metal gauntlets!

Sterica on
      FU7kFbw.png
    • Options
      TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
      edited September 2014
      The figure they released of the main character really highlights how ridiculous the design is.

Spoiler'd for possible NSFWness.

You take that belt off and she's basically wearing a piece of masking tape on her crotch and nipple pasties.

But don't forget the ridiculous metal gauntlets!

That can't be real.

Somebody on DeviantArt made that to sell to perverts through zazzle

Sterica on
    • Options
      I'm actually going to edit the images of that statue to links because I feel like it skirts on the edge of our NSFW policy.

YL9WnCY.png
    • Options
      OneAngryPossumOneAngryPossum Registered User regular
      I'm sure her pubis is exposed for perfectly sound story reasons.

• Options
      VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
      Man you'd think a princess would be able to afford clothing.

• Options
      Vyolynce wrote: »
      Man you'd think a princess would be able to afford clothing.

Or some dignity.

• Options
      edzeppedzepp Registered User regular
      I'm not even totally averse to the idea of ridiculous fantasy armor, but that almost looks like a parody of it. Except they're serious.

• Options
      Rex DartRex Dart Registered User regular
      edzepp wrote: »
      I'm not even totally averse to the idea of ridiculous fantasy armor, but that almost looks like a parody of it. Except they're serious.

There's a running gag with people telling her to put some clothes on. She continues to defend her outfit as "the latest fashion."

No, they're not serious about her armor or anything else in the game. The whole story has a wonderful tongue-in-cheek tone. Great voice work and script. While I might agree that Senran Kagura has a better system, I think Code of Princess could be better if you had a friend to play it with. (The game supports online multiplayer too.)

• Options
      Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
      I thought she just melted down her armour to make that ridiculous sword-shaped stick she's carrying? It's clearly got about the same amount of metal in it…

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
      Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
      DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
    • Options
      BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
      Mr_Rose wrote: »
      I thought she just melted down her armour to make that ridiculous sword-shaped stick she's carrying? It's clearly got about the same amount of metal in it…

The sword is one of the symbols of power for the kingdom and why they were attacked

• Options
      Road BlockRoad Block Registered User regular
      skeldare wrote: »
      www.siliconera.com/2014/09/22/shin-megami-tensei-iv-atlus-games-sale
      Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars – $29.99

Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan – $14.99

Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl – $14.99

Devil Survivor Overclocked – $14.99

Shin Megami Tensei IV – $19.99

Code of Princess – $14.99

Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers – $14.99

No reason not to get some of these games.

You have no idea how excited you just made me. NA only... *Sob

• Options
      BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
      I had a thought the other day when someone was making fun of how rarely Nintendo's games go on sale.
      In that my attitude about digital downloads has changed because of the convenience of just carrying around the system with all the games compared to how I used to carry the system and the games I may of wanted to play then

• Options
      Rex Dart wrote: »
      edzepp wrote: »

There's a running gag with people telling her to put some clothes on. She continues to defend her outfit as "the latest fashion."

Odd, that's exactly what Uchikoshi said about Alice from Virtue's Last Reward. But he WAS serious about it.

• Options
      TDawgTDawg Registered User regular
      Dressing up your female characters in preposterously skimpy outfits and then trying to play it off as a joke doesn't mean the preposterously skimpy outfit is okay. Especially when you are selling figurines of her. There is more to parody than aping what you would like to make fun of and then adding in a few sly comments about it to cover your back.

Of course, I haven't played the game, so I could be wrong, but its hard for me to imagine a context in which that outfit is actually a parody of anime girls in stupid outfits instead of just yet another anime girl in a stupid outfit.

NNID: ohnoTom || 3DS: 1762-3198-2019 || Steam || Take My Good Pokemon
      Let's Plays of Japanese Games
    • Options
      TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
      There is an anime called Queen's Blade.

That armor is too risque for Queen's Blade.
      TDawg wrote: »
      Dressing up your female characters in preposterously skimpy outfits and then trying to play it off as a joke doesn't mean the preposterously skimpy outfit is okay. Especially when you are selling figurines of her. There is more to parody than aping what you would like to make fun of and then adding in a few sly comments about it to cover your back.

Of course, I haven't played the game, so I could be wrong, but its hard for me to imagine a context in which that outfit is actually a parody of anime girls in stupid outfits instead of just yet another anime girl in a stupid outfit.

I think it might be both.

• Options
      skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
      This week's eShop update

Wii U Retail

Hyrule Warriors (available Friday)

Wii U Download

Darts Up
      Angry Bunnies: Colossal Carrot Crusade

Wii U Virtual Console

Mario Golf: Advance Tour

Wii U Demo

Spin the Bottle: Bumpie’s Party

3DS Download

Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal World Duel Carnival

eShop sales

It’s your last chance to save up to 40 percent on select games starring fighters from the upcoming Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS. This week includes games featuring Kirby, Donkey Kong and other classic characters. Check out the games at http://www.nintendo.com/eshop/offers.

Spin the Bottle: Bumpie’s Party is 30 percent off (reduced from $11.99 to $8.39) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Oct. 12 in the Nintendo eShop on Wii U.

Armillo is 37 percent off (reduced from $7.99 to $4.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Oct. 6 in the Nintendo eShop on Wii U.

Swords & Soldiers is 33 percent off (reduced from $2.99 to $1.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Oct. 9 in the Nintendo eShop on Wii U.

Glory of Generals is 30 percent off (reduced from $9.99 to $6.99) until 8:59 am PT on Oct. 9 in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS.

Coming Soon

Castlevania: Dracula X – Oct. 2 (Virtual Console on Wii U)
      Castlevania: Circle of the Moon – Oct. 9 (Virtual Console on Wii U)

Nintendo Console Codes
      Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
      PM Me if you add me!
      HAIL HYDRA
    • Options
      Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
      edited September 2014
      Oh snap, GBA Castlevanias? Yes please! WTB Aria of Sorrow plx (the only one I never owned)

Edit: Can't help but notice both Castlevanias coming in October. Oct = Castlevania month? Would make sense with Halloween and all...

Warlock82 on
      Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
    • Options
      ViskodViskod Registered User regular
      I'm guessing that's the super shitty SNES Dracula X. I have Rondo of Blood from the Wii VC still in there. Totally worth booting up Wii Mode to play that over Dracula X.

I would even suggest to anyone with a passing interest in Dracula X to just go to the Wii VC if it's still available and buy Rondo of Blood there.

• Options
      Yes it is. They don't have TGFX on the Wii U VC so... :P

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
    • Options
      StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
      I have an aneurysm every time they post super awesome GBA games only to the WiiU store.

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
      camo_sig2.png
    • Options
      Care Free BombCare Free Bomb Registered User regular
      I have an aneurysm every time they post super awesome GBA games only to the WiiU store.

Don't worry, they'll probably start putting up some GBA games once the New 3DS comes out

you will need a New 3DS tho

8saxds2jkfoy.png
      3DS: 2019-9671-8106 NNID: RamblinMushroom
      Twitter/Tumblr
    • Options
      darren66darren66 Registered User regular
      edited September 2014
      Don't worry, they'll probably start putting up some GBA games once the New 3DS comes out

But, Nintendo...

darren66 on
      Wii U sucks, but my NNID is da66en. Steam is route66. 3DS is 2938-8099-8160.
      Neo Geo Big Red owners club.
      2009 PAX Puzzle Quest Champion
      I have beat Rygar on the NES and many of you have not.
    • Options
      edited September 2014
      Boo, Nintendo is late updating the sale page:
      http://www.nintendo.com/eshop/offers#week04

Edit: Wow, Tropical Freeze... hmmmmmm.... tempting

Warlock82 on
    • Options
      $30 for Tropical Freeze is a good deal.

And $40 for Pikmin 3 is decent, although weird that the older game gets a smaller discount

YL9WnCY.png
    • Options
      PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular

And $40 for Pikmin 3 is decent, although weird that the older game gets a smaller discount

If you didnt get Pikmin 3 with Mario Kart.

Steam: Polaritie
      3DS: 0473-8507-2652
      Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
      PSN: AbEntropy
    • Options
      WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
      I won't be playing Tropical Freeze for like three months, but I guess I probably shouldn't pass it up for $30. That's a bigger sale than I was expecting.

I've also been thinking about giving Amazing Mirror a go, so maybe I'll grab that too.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
    • Options
      McFlynnMcFlynn Registered User regular
      edited September 2014
      Yeah, I was hoping TF would hit 40.

I was also hoping for a sale on Pikmin 3 dlc but I just looked and its really not that expensive to begin with.

McFlynn on
    • Options
      edited September 2014
      I decided to pass on Pokemon Rumble last week, as I've got a 3DS game bearing a similar name I've yet to play, but dang, I totally meant to buy Pokemon Trozei and it slipped my mind. Damn you Disney Infinity.

For this week, if I remember, I'll likely pick up one or both of the Pac-Man titles, along with KDL3 for my WiiU, KDL2 for my 3DS, and maybe even New Leaf to swap out my cartridge for a digital copy--maybe that'll lead me to playing it more often.

Smaller discount? It's $20 off Pikmin 3 and $20 off DKCTF. It's the same discount.

maximumzero on
      FU7kFbw.png
    • Options
      DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
      And of course not one of these sales is in Europe, because hey, what do we Europeans know ;_;.

Steam ID: Right here.
    This discussion has been closed.