Options

[Nintendo eShop] So many classic games, so little time to play them all.

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    $30 for Tropical Freeze is a good deal.

And $40 for Pikmin 3 is decent, although weird that the older game gets a smaller discount

Makes sense since Pikmin 3 is $60 MSRP and DKC TF is only $50.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Drascin wrote: »
    And of course not one of these sales is in Europe, because hey, what do we Europeans know ;_;.

We had a similar Smash sale a month or so ago, but it wasn't that great and only lasted two weeks.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    $30 for Tropical Freeze is a good deal.

And $40 for Pikmin 3 is decent, although weird that the older game gets a smaller discount

Smaller discount? It's $20 off Pikmin 3 and $20 off DKCTF. It's the same discount.

Smaller percentage.

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Wyvern wrote: »
    I won't be playing Tropical Freeze for like three months, but I guess I probably shouldn't pass it up for $30. That's a bigger sale than I was expecting.

I've also been thinking about giving Amazing Mirror a go, so maybe I'll grab that too.

Is Amazing Mirror the one that they gave for 3DS Ambassadors? Because I really hated that game (and I usually like Kirby games). It's super, super confusing. Like, Kirby meets Metroidvania but with no rhyme or reason to how the areas are laid out - that is, you travel around different levels and use mirrors to hop between them, but it's not like they conform to the map layout so it ends up being fairly random where you wind up, and it's impossible to navigate (and I think you need different copy powers to reach some areas). I honestly got completely confused and couldn't figure out what I was even supposed to be doing. I think I found one boss randomly?

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    Tropical Freeze for $30? Oh man I don't think I can pass that up.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    DversedDversed Registered User regular
    I was about to buy Tropical Freeze, but I don't have enough space on the hard drive, soooo. Guess I'm not buying it. :\

• Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    Dversed wrote: »
    I was about to buy Tropical Freeze, but I don't have enough space on the hard drive, soooo. Guess I'm not buying it. :\

Delete some stuff, buy it, then download it again later when you have time. Getting $20 off a First party title is pretty huge. It's still $45 used for a physical copy.

• Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Wyvern wrote: »
    I won't be playing Tropical Freeze for like three months, but I guess I probably shouldn't pass it up for $30. That's a bigger sale than I was expecting.

I've also been thinking about giving Amazing Mirror a go, so maybe I'll grab that too.

Is Amazing Mirror the one that they gave for 3DS Ambassadors? Because I really hated that game (and I usually like Kirby games). It's super, super confusing. Like, Kirby meets Metroidvania but with no rhyme or reason to how the areas are laid out -
    Yeah, that sounds like the one. I didn't really get it either the last time I had a chance to try it, but my Kirby-loving friend swears by it, and an expanded Great Cave Offensive SHOULD be good on paper, so I want to give it another shot with more focus.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    So I picked up Tropical Freeze. Holy crap this game is fun. This is easily way better than DKCR. The controls even feel better (maybe b/c I can actually remap them? :D)

Also god damn the music...

It's a shame I probably won't play it again until forever because there is so much crap coming out in the next couple weeks (starting tomorrow :P)

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    They got the composer for DKC 1/2 to help with TF's soundtrack. Not to say DKCR had a bad soundtrack, but you can definitely notice a difference.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    LanrutconLanrutcon The LabyrinthRegistered User regular
    EU folks: Fantasy Life is out. Grabs it.

Capture.jpg~original
    Currently playing: GW2 and TSW
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    So I picked up Tropical Freeze. Holy crap this game is fun. This is easily way better than DKCR. The controls even feel better (maybe b/c I can actually remap them? :D)

It's a shame I probably won't play it again until forever because there is so much crap coming out in the next couple weeks (starting tomorrow :P)

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Tropical Freeze is the best 2D platformer of all time.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Maz- wrote: »

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Tropical Freeze is the best 2D platformer of all time.

Yo Tropical Freeze, I'm really happy for you, Imma let you finish but Yoshi's Island is one of the best 2D platformer of all time.... one of the best 2D platformers of all time!
    (Sorry couldn't resist)

RidleySaria on
    -- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • Options
    Descendant XDescendant X Skyrim is my god now. Outpost 31Registered User regular
    So, has anyone here bought a bum eShop card?

I picked one up on Wednesday from EBGames and when I tried to activate it I got an error code that isn't even listed on Nintendo's support site. Called them up and it turns out that the card wasn't properly activated so they told me to go back to the store. I went back to EBGames yesterday and they told me there's nothing they can do about it and to call Nintendo back. Nintendo disagrees, but told me to scan both the card and my receipt ant email or fax it to them.

This is a bit much for a $20 card.

What happened when (if ever) you got a card that didn't work?

Garry: I know you gentlemen have been through a lot, but when you find the time I'd rather not spend the rest of the winter TIED TO THIS FUCKING COUCH!
  • Options
    DarkMechaDarkMecha The Outer SpaceRegistered User regular
    Hrm Animal Crossing New Leaf for 20. Tempting...probably not going to be much cheaper like ever.

Steam Profile | My Art | NID: DarkMecha (SW-4787-9571-8977) | PSN: DarkMecha
  • Options
    $30 for DKTF is tempting, since I hear it's better than Returns. But considering I didn't really like Returns, I'd hate to spend the $30 only to find it's not that much better and not even be able to trade it in.

• Options
    Dirty wrote: »
    $30 for DKTF is tempting, since I hear it's better than Returns. But considering I didn't really like Returns, I'd hate to spend the $30 only to find it's not that much better and not even be able to trade it in.

It really depends on what you didn't like about Returns. Tropical Freeze basically improves on everything.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    This week's eShop update

Wii U Download

99Seconds
    Red Riding Hood

Wii U Virtual Console

Castlevania: Dracula X

3DS Retail

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS (available Friday) – note: can download patch 1.0.2 today
    Tenkai Knights Brave Battle (available Oct. 7)

3DS Demo

Color Zen

eShop Sales

Poker Dice Solitaire Future is 30 percent off (reduced from $0.99 to $0.69) until Oct. 30.

Jett Rocket II: The Wrath of Taikai is more than 30 percent off (reduced from $8.99 to $5.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Oct. 23.

Tappingo is more than 30 percent off (reduced from $2.99 to $1.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Oct. 16.

Price Reduction

Just Dance Kids 2014 is being reduced to $19.99 (from $29.99) starting Oct. 6 on Wii U.

Coming Soon

Castlevania: Circle of the Moon – Oct. 9 (Virtual Console on Wii U)
    Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance – Oct. 16 (Virtual Console on Wii U)
    Harvest Moon 2 – Oct. 16 (Virtual Console on Nintendo 3DS)

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Man, there aren't many 2D Castlevanias I don't like, and Konami managed to release 3 of them in one month.

• Options
    I wouldn't be surprised if Aria of Sorrow also sees a release.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    dresdenphiledresdenphile Watch out for snakes!Registered User regular
    Circle and Harmony are the two Castlevanias I missed during the GBA cycle, so those will be good additions to my recently-acquired Wii U.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    COTM has its fans, but I've never met anyone who didn't find HOD disappointing.

• Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    Which ones were those?

• Options

Gameplay wise I really liked HoD, the problem was pretty much everything else.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    I'm one of those Circle of the Moon fans. It was actually my first Castlevania, so I went into it without any expectations, but I still like it in retrospect. Castlevania 3, Circle of the Moon, Aria of Sorrow, and Order of Ecclesia are probably the high points of the series for me. Harmony of Dissonance is the only handheld Castlevania I disliked. (A lot of people were down on Portrait of Ruin, but I mostly liked it.)

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Tenkai Knights Brave Battle
    Is that the not lego nor transformer thing I see a lot in discount areas?
    Not the game though

• Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    CotM is okay, but slow. HoD sucks balls. AoS is awesome. I feel like a fool for never playing the sequel on DS. I hope that hits Wii U VC at some point.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Tenkai Knights Brave Battle
    Is that the not lego nor transformer thing I see a lot in discount areas?
    Not the game though

Tenkai Knights is an anime

Edit: though the anime is to promote the construction brick toyline... So yeah I guess you're right

skeldare on
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Venture IndustryVenture Industry Registered User regular
    It's years like this that make me wish I had bought more of the 20% off eShop cards at Best Buy last November.

3DS: 3866-8020-5336 NNID/PSN: VentureIndustry XBL: Hax0rz
  • Options
    DarlanDarlan Registered User regular
    CotM is the sweet spot for me. It's in the post SotN era where they were refining that fantastic Metroidvania formula, but also before the era of horrible generic anime portraits.

• Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    Might be nice to play CotM on a screen I can actually see. Original GBA was not a friendly system to games with dark palettes.

• Options
    Store still down?

• Options
    ForceVoid wrote: »
    Store still down?

Still down? Was it ever down?

Fake Edit: Just checked and the eShop is up right now.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Oh, had to accept some new terms or something, my mistake.

• Options
    It's years like this that make me wish I had bought more of the 20% off eShop cards at Best Buy last November.

I bought $100 worth and I still wish I had bought more :P I believe at the time they were also doing a promotion where you got like, a $10 gift card if you spent $100 on video game stuff, so it was an insanely good deal stacked on top of the already discounted cards.

• Options
    b1rdmanb1rdman Registered User regular
    I personally liked all the GBA DS era castlevania games. But that's pretty much where I started playing them. I need to go find them at some point and replay. COTM would be nice on the Wii since it sucked on the GBA screen.

steam_sig.png
    3DS: 1118-0304-5441 | PSN: b1rdman385 | steam:b1rdman385 | BattleTag(Diablo 3): Marticus#1981 | NNID: b1rdman
  • Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    So, there is a UK paypal nintendo eshop card, but not one in the US?

Is there an easy way to buy eshop points, in the U.S., using paypal?

• Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    I shouldn't have bought Smash
    I'm super bad at smashing. I get flustered.

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    RockinXRockinX Registered User regular
    I'm only going to use Robin with blue hair. Why? Same reason my FEA avatar has blue hair: "You gotta have blue hair!"

• Options
    RockinX wrote: »
    I'm only going to use Robin with blue hair. Why? Same reason my FEA avatar has blue hair: "You gotta have blue hair!"

This discussion has been closed.