As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

iOS Games: In-App Purchases

• Options
    djmitchelladjmitchella Registered User regular
    Twisty Hollow is sort of like that, a bit? (I've only played it for about five minutes, but it felt like it was going to go more and more in that direction which is why I stopped..)

• Options
    CalicaCalica Registered User regular
    So, Terra Battle.

Are Companions worth the trouble? They appeal to the completionist in me, but so far they seem to exist mostly as a money/item/energy sink.

• Options
    SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    i need more kairosoft

ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    My brother and I got a little hooked on Ascension - Chronicles of the Godslayer (Card game, weirdly enough I never cared much for these before), I've been playing it on his iPad Air 2 or whatever its called.

I've got an old iPad 1 that mostly serve as a music video player while I exercise and stuff, I did try to install Ascension on it and it actually works!? With it being a 2015 release I didnt dare hope for it. (Cant run Boom Beach unfortunately.)

I think the iPad 1 runs with iOS 5.1.1, does anyone else have this update and can recommend me some cool stuff for it? I've looked everywhere on Google for a good 5.1.1 list, but didnt find much.

I'm also hoping to further down the road hooking this IPad up with some sort of app that can control the lighting (Philips Hue is great, but way too expensive) in my appartment, has anyone done anything similar to this? Preferably I want it to control as much as possible, and you just grab it when you enter the door and turn everything on.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Getting back into Vainglory. There's a bunch of new heroes, and an old friend of mine is playing again and got fuckin' GOOD. He carries me now, which is nice, because I am rusty as heck.

Anyone else here play?

• Options
    Maledict66Maledict66 Registered User regular
    Sirialis wrote: »
    My brother and I got a little hooked on Ascension - Chronicles of the Godslayer (Card game, weirdly enough I never cared much for these before), I've been playing it on his iPad Air 2 or whatever its called.

I've got an old iPad 1 that mostly serve as a music video player while I exercise and stuff, I did try to install Ascension on it and it actually works!? With it being a 2015 release I didnt dare hope for it. (Cant run Boom Beach unfortunately.)

I think the iPad 1 runs with iOS 5.1.1, does anyone else have this update and can recommend me some cool stuff for it? I've looked everywhere on Google for a good 5.1.1 list, but didnt find much.

I'm also hoping to further down the road hooking this IPad up with some sort of app that can control the lighting (Philips Hue is great, but way too expensive) in my appartment, has anyone done anything similar to this? Preferably I want it to control as much as possible, and you just grab it when you enter the door and turn everything on.

Ascension is fantastic, cannot recommend it enough. Another similar game you might enjoy is Star Realms - it's another deck building game, but has more interactivity between players and a single player campaign.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Maledict66 wrote: »
    Sirialis wrote: »

Ascension is fantastic, cannot recommend it enough. Another similar game you might enjoy is Star Realms - it's another deck building game, but has more interactivity between players and a single player campaign.

Got to 100% agree here. The only downside of Star Realms is their app is really shitty after the holiness that is Ascension. Playdek did an AMAZING job with Ascension and I wish they were given all card game conversion contracts. Star Realms is just...sort of playable is all. It feels clunky and was probably just a port of a PC build. Clearly not optimized for touch devices.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    LutExIVLutExIV Thieves Guild Chairman In the ShadowsRegistered User regular
    Hmmm... I haven't played HA in forever. I think I bought the Dark Elves and it just kind of died on the vine. Might be interested in getting back in...

26965406221_865f825658.jpg
    Steam/PSN/XBox Live:LutExIV
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Since I somewhat begrudgingly have an iPhone now, is there anything worth playing on it that I can't get anywhere else? I'm not particularly interested in card, board, or strategy games.

jothki on
  • Options
    jothki wrote: »
    Since I somewhat begrudgingly have an iPhone now, is there anything worth playing on it that I can't get anywhere else? I'm not particularly interested in card, board, or strategy games.

The game my wife and I made just got submitted to the App Store for review and is an iPhone exclusive! :)

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »

The game my wife and I made just got submitted to the App Store for review and is an iPhone exclusive! :)

Details?

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    kime wrote: »

Details?

It's a puzzle game about mixing colors to solve levels. Starts easy enough, but then has new mechanics added to vary up the gameplay. Here's the trailer (ignore the 'available now' bit at the end):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQ8DnMRTxRM

Regular game will include the first two worlds (20 levels) and the first four levels of each new world. $0.99 unlocks everything and removes the ads.

We're hoping it clears the review process soon. So excited!

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Also I'm color blind.

• Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    How about plague inc.?

• Options
    Also I'm color blind.

Ah, that sucks. A friend of mine is red/green colorblind so I had him check out a screenshot. He says he can make it out fine and will get the game. How's this look to you?

3545_428505244014420_6972072849465423479_n.png?oh=ac82269238c1147368fadfe1852d91f9&oe=5715E1B8

Can you make out all 6 colors (Red, Blue, Yellow, Orange, Green, Purple)? We're definitely going to add a colorblind mode if the game is popular enough...or maybe just because it should be there.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    That game looks interesting. Be sure to post when it's released :)

Steam profile
  • Options
    Kind of? They're distinguishable against each other, but it might be difficult to tell the difference between a lone blue and a lone purple, for example.

• Options
    Kind of? They're distinguishable against each other, but it might be difficult to tell the difference between a lone blue and a lone purple, for example.

Hmm...in that case, I'd recommend getting the game since it's free and trying it out. If it's hard to play or not your style, no harm no foul.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Love Katamari Damacy?

Then stay the hell away from Tap My Katamari.

https://youtu.be/-xaH8ZiqRIs

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    I am hopelessly addicted to Rise of Heroes. Which is weird because I normally hate F2P. But it's just very well designed and fun.

• Options
    blaze_zeroblaze_zero Registered User regular

Details?

It's a puzzle game about mixing colors to solve levels. Starts easy enough, but then has new mechanics added to vary up the gameplay. Here's the trailer (ignore the 'available now' bit at the end):

Regular game will include the first two worlds (20 levels) and the first four levels of each new world. $0.99 unlocks everything and removes the ads.

Is it possible to get it on the iPad? I don't have an iPhone :(

• Options
    It used to be the case that all iPhone apps could be run on an iPad. Has that changed in recent years?

Steam profile
  • Options
    blaze_zero wrote: »

Details?

Is it possible to get it on the iPad? I don't have an iPhone :(

Not yet. The wife said that getting it onto iPad won't be a simple conversion. Definitely something we want to do though.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    It used to be the case that all iPhone apps could be run on an iPad. Has that changed in recent years?

I think they can at the discretion of the dev, but the user experience suffers.

• Options
    admanb wrote: »

I think they can at the discretion of the dev, but the user experience suffers.

Huh. I could swear I was able to specifically download phone-only apps, and it would just blow up to fit the screen, but otherwise work just like the phone. I didn't think it was something the developers were doing, but I guess I could be wrong!

That may not even be how it works now that, this was years ago.

Actually, a quick Google search makes it seem this is still the case.

Steam profile
  • Options
    KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Yea definitely still the case. It's just the size of the phone screen with all black around the edge and a 2x button you can press to do a digital zoom in to blow it up.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • Options
    hlprmnkyhlprmnky Registered User regular
    Imperfect wrote: »
    Getting back into Vainglory. There's a bunch of new heroes, and an old friend of mine is playing again and got fuckin' GOOD. He carries me now, which is nice, because I am rusty as heck.

Anyone else here play?

I play sometimes but to be honest it's a quandary: I want to play whenever I happen to have time, but then I am stuck solo queueing, with all the aw?eso?me ? funtim??es ???? that entails.

IGN is Callow; I am still hovering around "Not Bad" but I'm happy to play with a group any time I'm online.

_
    Your Ad Here! Reasonable Rates!
  • Options
    Request sent by Imperfect. I don't mind soloQ so much - there's at worst only 2 other players on your team in this game, so if you're good, you can make a much bigger difference than in a lot of other games.

• Options
    Our game passed review! Going live on Thursday!

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Here's a link to the game in our very own Indie Thread. 5 codes with the full game available, get 'em while you can!

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Our game is live! Go download it right now (it's free)! Best way to find it is to search for "Color Dash Sunspark".

Then, force your friends, family, and co-workers to do the same. Don't forget to leave a rating! Every little bit helps! :)

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular
    Dungeon of the Endless is free right now. I haven't played the (iPad only) iOS port, but the PC version was both really great and seemed well suited to touchscreen adaption.

• Options
    TheKoolEagleTheKoolEagle Registered User regular
    So I saw that Kairosoft launched High Sea Saga on IOS a few days ago. Anyone else playing this? If so my friend code is 281,724,162

uNMAGLm.png Mon-Fri 8:30 PM CST - 11:30 PM CST
  • Options
    ChiselphaneChiselphane Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Pathfinder Adventures is out today (ios and android). 'Free to start', with $25 for a season pass which includes all content from Rise of The Runelords (the first box set in the physical series).

I haven't decided if it's worth it yet, but it sure is nice to not have to worry about setup time/cleanup time. And the monetization options are not great, you can buy the character add-on pack for 10,000 in game gold, but can only buy gold in 9,000 or 20,000 chunks. While you can earn gold in-game, it just reeks of typical cash grab mobile nonsense.

Chiselphane on
  • Options
    JacobyJacoby OHHHHH IT’S A SNAKE Creature - SnakeRegistered User regular
    Picked up Warbits recently, which is basically iOS Advance Wars. It's got a nice feature called Tag Matches, where tagged matches become part of a mini-league with leaderboards. If anyone's playing, I've set up the tag PennyArcadeForum (look for ROldford).

GameCenter: ROldford
    Switch: nin.codes/roldford
  • Options
    Clash Royale will be the death of me

• Options
    Spaffy wrote: »
    Clash Royale will be the death of me

I gave it up a while ago because I felt I'd never made any progress with their bizarre systems. I heard there were new units the other day and downloaded it again to see, and it turns out you get gold from *any* win, and you *don't* pay gold to start a match? Oh, well now it doesn't feel like I'm going backwards just because I want to play another round! Guess I'm addicted for life.

Speaking of which...

• Options
    I'm on 3200 trophies. I have... Spent some money.

It really is a superb little game.

• Options
    3200 *how*?

I wibble around 1500 and have trouble climbing higher. Though I might just be bad.

• Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I've made it to 1700 with only $5 spent. It is a grind, if only to get enough XP to hit new castle levels (hint: join a guild). But skill absolutely factors in.