Options

[Phalla] Final Fantasy Tactics: The Durai Report - Day 8: Victory for the MrBlarney Stone!

• Options
    FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    Megafrost wrote: »
    I'm with Phyphor here. Seering people faster than the mafia can kill them pretty much means we've already won.

Rainfall is really quiet as well.

PRETTY SURE RAINFALL IS LEGIT STRAIGHT UP INACTIVE, THE BORING KIND. DID SHE EVEN VOTE YESTERDAY?

Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    If we could get private see rings to work than sure mill.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    Fiaryn wrote: »
    I'm with Phyphor here. Seering people faster than the mafia can kill them pretty much means we've already won.

PRETTY SURE RAINFALL IS LEGIT STRAIGHT UP INACTIVE, THE BORING KIND. DID SHE EVEN VOTE YESTERDAY?

you don't have to vote.

ardor phalla :rotate:

• Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    I guess I'll vote for this:

Mrt
    Phyphor
    Spoit

• Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    With the advent of frequent logouts and what seems to be other errors message (I'm getting the over capacity one). Could we perhaps consider extending the day? That's going to put a damper on village coordination and this games seems pretty unforgiving when people can't do solid coordination.

• Options
    Egos wrote: »

you don't have to vote.

ardor phalla :rotate:

I AM CONFUSED. CONFUSION MAKES ME ANGRY. ANGER GIVES ME A WARBONER.

• Options
    CesareBCesareB Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Well that plan works for the future, what are we doing today besides converting to mystic?

I suggested a plan earlier to unlock the Monk class (get Knights in first and second in the vote, have those Knights as well as 2-4 others protect one of the vote-winners, put a private kill on one of the other Knights, thus successfully blocking 3 attacks) but nobody seemed to really care...

CesareB on
  • Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    KK
    MrT
    Grunt's Ghosts

Hope this goes through... local internet being a silly goose today...

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    Do some of you not know that I'm responsible for outing a mafia on Day 1 and not getting 9 people who were tied for the red vote killed? Because I'm getting the distinct impression that either you guys think someone else did that, or are being intentionally obtuse with regards to that being an outstandingly good move for the non Blarney Stone guards.

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    What we really need is a role call so we can start whipping these squires into line. Somebody get on that.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    Do some of you not know that I'm responsible for outing a mafia on Day 1 and not getting 9 people who were tied for the red vote killed? Because I'm getting the distinct impression that either you guys think someone else did that, or are being intentionally obtuse with regards to that being an outstandingly good move for the non Blarney Stone guards.

Yeah, it's strange that people would react so badly to someone outing a mafia member. I mean I get it, it does sort of look like collusion that you and jdark and ebum got together and railroaded Bedlam, and if Bedlam hadn't been a bad guy I would understand some amount of suspicion, but until I have reason to believe otherwise I think "a couple of villagers simultaneously decided to break a tie" is more believable than "half or more of the mafia colluded to get one of their own voted out," Bedlam's ability to survive his first attack notwithstanding.

Rainfall
    Phyphor
    KK

• Options
    edited February 2014
    Also I'd hope we make at least SOME progress on unlocking the Monk, so if you have a guard ability and want to try to privately guard one of the vote winners (currently Rainfall and Kristmas Kthulu), that would be wonderful.

CesareB on
  • Options
    Mr TLicious

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Also in case anybody missed it, SWITCH TO MYSTIC

• Options
    vertrouevertroue I am Female Totes Not a SithRegistered User regular
    Rainfall
    Phyphor
    KK

Rainfal if my memory serves me is quiet...but not this quiet.

Blood and Fire
    From the Desk of Darth Vertroue Diplomat to the USA.
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular

Jee 'cause that's different :P

<3@Rainfall

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    So do we have a consensus, on anything?

In the absence of anything else, I'm going to guard phyphor and investigate jdark's death

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MrT
    uh.....KK?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Spoit wrote: »

In the absence of anything else, I'm going to guard phyphor and investigate jdark's death

I don't think that there's any use in guarding phyphor (I mean unless you already have a group arranged, then do whatever the group decided). However, guarding one of the red vote leaders (Rainfall and KK) reduces the kill count and gets us closer to unlocking Monk, which would be peachy don't you think?

• Options
    MegafrostMegafrost Leader of the Decepticons Registered User regular
    MrTKK

Laziest votes ever.

• Options
    KK I guess?

why is christmas and cthulu spelled with a k?

• Options
    yes realize I spelled cthulhu wrong

• Options
    CesareB wrote: »

I don't think that there's any use in guarding phyphor (I mean unless you already have a group arranged, then do whatever the group decided). However, guarding one of the red vote leaders (Rainfall and KK) reduces the kill count and gets us closer to unlocking Monk, which would be peachy don't you think?

(Because honestly, I think that he has more insight and better plans than the other people in the game right now)

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Gonna private guard KK and vote Rainfall. Worst case if we let Rainfall die, we lose a non-contributing villager.

And switch to Mystic. Someone @ me if we need blue/green votes, I'll be writing an LP update for a while.

• Options
    edited February 2014
    Argh, BBCode fail.

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Ok. Going to vote.

Kristmas Kthulu
    Phyphor
    discrider

I'd personally want to know more about the silly goose who seems to make it his personal goal in phalla to be as disruptive as possible while still giving the effect he's helping. You have a long history of playing this instigator role both as village and mafia, discrider.

• Options
    Oh yes. SEERiously, deskrider, it's SEER, not SEE.
    Oh and I guess there's no traction for the JPants red vote so
    rainfall

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    Mill wrote: »
    With the advent of frequent logouts and what seems to be other errors message (I'm getting the over capacity one). Could we perhaps consider extending the day? That's going to put a damper on village coordination and this games seems pretty unforgiving when people can't do solid coordination.

If at least 30% of the playerbase would like to extend the day, we can do that. I can't stay up later, but we could go another day.

• Options
    I CANNOT IN GOOD FAITH NOT ATTEMPT TO KILL Rainfall EVEN IF I AM LITERALLY POSITIVE IT WILL BE USELESS.

Phyphor
    KK

• Options
    I'd be willing to vote yes for an extention

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    I'd vote yes for extension, not sure how many votes we will actually be missing but likely some coordination.

rainfall
    KK
    MrT

SeGaTai on
    PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    stupid edited votes

rainfall
    KK
    MrT

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    Gonna vote yes to extending the day.

• Options
    One more thing, since it looks like everyone will be changing jobs. I suggest that one or both of our green vote winners list their job, after vote close, but before narration. We might as well see how this vote behaves when someone changes jobs.

• Options
    CesareB wrote: »

(Because honestly, I think that he has more insight and better plans than the other people in the game right now)

I do think Phyphor is pretty well on the ball (as he usually is) but if you don't have a group behind you, I don't think you'll rally enough people to actually put your guard into effect. Plus he's actually pretty close to winning the public guard vote anyway.

As for extending the day, I generally think it's a bad idea but then I haven't been experiencing the logout issues some others have. My inclination is that we shouldn't get a free day to organize ourselves unless the issues are pretty severe. How many votes are we missing anyway?

• Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    Changing to KK for a clear second place.

• Options
    extending is fine

• Options
    Day is closed. I'm sorry, but we didn't have enough folks wanting to extend the day it seems. I didn't realize there were forum issues, since I didn't seem to have any either.

• Options
    Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    D'ah, I forgot to vote tonight, but I got my guard in.

We also fell off on activity hard core, so hopefully I'm not dead! I honestly don't know what to say about the people voting for me because they sincerely want me out of the game, but good luck village if this is how some of your teammates honestly behave with their best interests in mind. You're gonna need it!

• Options
    Day 4 – The Black Mage

Olan had wished he would’ve been faster, to elude the church for but a few more days so he could expose them for what ends they would use in order to claim power over the black and white lions during the way. The Stones were vessels for the Zodiac demons to control specific humans, by granting them power and knowledge which normal humans could not access themselves.

Surely the MrBlarney stone possesses power, after all, it turned Bedlam into a demon after he was slain in the melee. The stone likely possesses some knowledge that it can pass onto those who follow it. Perhaps some further research will help determine what knowledge this stone will grant. It’ll likely be something that no single person could possibly know about the actions taken each day.

With every Guard hoping to survive the ordeal, it appeared that there was still some disarray in the ranks. An organized plan with orderly conduct might’ve been one option to help narrow down the suspects while others decided to strike off on their own whether in small groups of by themselves to end this madness. In the end, JPants, Kristmas Kthulhu, Mill and Rainfall lay dead after the thickest of the fighting was done.

Olan shouted out through the door, “I believe the stone has the power to protect the rest of the guards in some fashion! Expect the others to be as tough as Bedlam! I also believe the stone is able to provide extra knowledge to the guards loyal to it! I will look for more clues on the stone. I may have a solution to help against the demons as well, but I need a little more time."

Results of the Public Kill Vote:
    Kristmas Kthulhu was attacked.
    Rainfall was attacked.

Results of the Public Guard Vote:
    MrTLicious was guarded.

Results of the Public Seer Vote:
    Grunt’s Ghosts was a Squire.
    Kristmas Kthulu was a Chemist.

New Job Unlocked!

Black Mage *NEW* - You have 1 private vote each night. It can only be to Kill. Your vote is worth 3. Upon participating in a successful attack action, you will completely nullify any attack from the MrBlarney Stone on yourself that night.

Number of Players Left: 21
    Number of private votes needed for a successful private action: 7

The roster will be updated and PMs will go out shortly.