Options

[Phalla] Final Fantasy Tactics: The Durai Report - Day 8: Victory for the MrBlarney Stone!

• Options
    FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    Auralynx wrote: »
    Fiaryn wrote: »
    Bedlam wrote: »
    Im loving this plan.

Cant wait to tell you guys "I told you so", tomorrow.

NO SERIOUSLY SHUT THE FUCK UP WE ARE NOT FALLING FOR THIS FOR THE UMPTEENTH TIME. I KNOW WE DID IT IN PHALLAKINETIC. I DON'T REMEMBER OVER WHO THOUGH. WAS IT THE PSYCHIC BIO ENGINEERED DEATH BEAST? IT PROBABLY WAS.

OH WE HAVE AN OUTED NASTY, LETS INVENT REASONS WHY THIS SOMEHOW DOESN'T MEAN "KILL THE FUCK OUT OF IT" UNTIL WE DISAPPEAR UP OUR OWN ASSES AND VANISH IN A PUFF OF LOGIC. THAT HASN'T BITTEN US IN OUR METAPHORICAL ASS EVERY TIME OR ANYTHING.

Except I'm not inventing reasons not to kill Bedlam. I'm just suggesting that we seer him as well in case bringing the house does not work... in a game where the host has explicitly called this out as a small but resilient mafia, and he's solicited being Day 1'd knowing, one would hope, what would result. And had it granted to him by a couple of people we can reasonably also be suspicious of via a late vote-move.

... and also that we kill MrT, who is giving off an enormous, earth-shaking m-vibe. He's even doing the thing where he doesn't technically lie or dispute anything.

I'LL LEVEL WITH YOU: I THINK YOU WERE MAKING A HALF ASSED ATTEMPT TO SOW DOUBT IN THE VILLAGE AND HOPE THEY'D SECOND GUESS THEMSELVES OUT OF KILLING BEDLAM

I ALSO THINK I WANT TO USE YOUR FUCKING SKULL AS A SPAGHETTI STRAINER. POSSIBLY RELATED TO MY DECISION.

DIE

Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Anyone have a vote count for second here?

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Im loving this plan.

NO SERIOUSLY SHUT THE FUCK UP WE ARE NOT FALLING FOR THIS FOR THE UMPTEENTH TIME. I KNOW WE DID IT IN PHALLAKINETIC. I DON'T REMEMBER OVER WHO THOUGH. WAS IT THE PSYCHIC BIO ENGINEERED DEATH BEAST? IT PROBABLY WAS.

OH WE HAVE AN OUTED NASTY, LETS INVENT REASONS WHY THIS SOMEHOW DOESN'T MEAN "KILL THE FUCK OUT OF IT" UNTIL WE DISAPPEAR UP OUR OWN ASSES AND VANISH IN A PUFF OF LOGIC. THAT HASN'T BITTEN US IN OUR METAPHORICAL ASS EVERY TIME OR ANYTHING.

Except I'm not inventing reasons not to kill Bedlam. I'm just suggesting that we seer him as well in case bringing the house does not work... in a game where the host has explicitly called this out as a small but resilient mafia, and he's solicited being Day 1'd knowing, one would hope, what would result. And had it granted to him by a couple of people we can reasonably also be suspicious of via a late vote-move.

... and also that we kill MrT, who is giving off an enormous, earth-shaking m-vibe. He's even doing the thing where he doesn't technically lie or dispute anything.

I'LL LEVEL WITH YOU: I THINK YOU WERE MAKING A HALF ASSED ATTEMPT TO SOW DOUBT IN THE VILLAGE AND HOPE THEY'D SECOND GUESS THEMSELVES OUT OF KILLING BEDLAM

I ALSO THINK I WANT TO USE YOUR FUCKING SKULL AS A SPAGHETTI STRAINER. POSSIBLY RELATED TO MY DECISION.

DIE

... doubt about what? MrT's the one doing the "just asking questions," routine and trying to get us to throw a blind seer attempt out.

• Options
    Im loving this plan.

DIE

... doubt about what? MrT's the one doing the "just asking questions," routine and trying to get us to throw a blind seer attempt out.

MR. T IS TOO DIRECT ABOUT IT TO NOT BE AN IMBECILE, YOUR BAD OUTCOME SHTICK IS JUST INDIRECT ENOUGH TO MAKE ME FEEL THE MALICE.

• Options
    Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    MrT, Auralynx, and Jpants are all tied in second with one vote.

Blind seering and seering our known mafia are both valid responses, we just need consensus on which one we're doing before moving ahead.

Edit: Scratch that, Mr T is in second with two votes.

Kristmas Kthulhu on
  • Options
    NOTE: THIS DOES NOT MEAN I DO NOT THINK MURDERING MR. T IS NOT AN EQUALLY VALID OUTCOME. BLEED HIM DRY FOR ALL I FUCKING CARE.

• Options
    Does someone else have a contribution to make. This argument is not productive.

• Options
    Buddha73Buddha73 Registered User regular
    bedlam

• Options
    Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    Bedlam is first red with eight votes.

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    I think bedlam has a decent chance of surviving. <15% is 4 people, so he represents a quarter of the Mafia. Whether they're all like that or he is special I don't know

Seering bedlam may not help much. We might get a job name but that won't be helpful. We know his alignment already

• Options
    Phyphor wrote: »
    I think bedlam has a decent chance of surviving. <15% is 4 people, so he represents a quarter of the Mafia. Whether they're all like that or he is special I don't know

Seering bedlam may not help much. We might get a job name but that won't be helpful. We know his alignment already

It all comes down to whether you think we can kill him with more attacks or whether you think we can only kill him if certain conditions are met (for example, seering first).

So far MrT is the only one with public guard votes, at three.

• Options
    CesareBCesareB Registered User regular
    I got you guys a votecount:

Bedlam 8 (MrT, ebum, KK, Auralynx, Mill, Spoit, Megafrost, Assuran)
    MrT 2 (discrider, Auralynx)
    Auralynx 1 (Fiaryn)
    jpants 1 (Phyphor)

I don't really think he's mafia, but if we're all good with the "guard the guy in second" idea I'll vote for MrT in order to make that lead a little wider. MrT, your concerns are valid and I don't like that you're getting pounced on for them. Later in the game it will be important not to waste village resources and I think the earlier we start the conversation about striking a balance between unlocking jobs and catching the mafia the better.

I feel like the green vote only matters if mafia have different jobs than the rest of us, while the blue vote only does, well, anything if we end up with a public nethead. So I'll just go with Auralynx as the person I think most likely to be mafia, and CesareB because why not?

• Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    Private seering Bedlam is a waste IMO. We know his alignment, if he can survive the night, we'll find out his job with it. The thing is we can learn the name of his job with the green vote, while using a private seer on someone else.

I'd suggest we private seer the today's blue vote winner. I think that's shaping up to be MrT right now.

It would also be nice to know the plan for a potential private guard as well. Second place red vote or some other target.

Also how are things shaping up with the red vote and the green vote? We really don't want either one to have a tie, since tied reds are bad and we have a shot at the green vote being useful (figuring out Bedlam's ??????? has got to be useful to us).

• Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    I'm thinking maybe Bedlam might be the same kind of role I had once, years ago. It was a Buffy phalla and I was the big bad, and the only way I could be killed off was to find the other bad guys and kill them first. When all my support was eliminated, I was gone.

I'm not trying to be a downer, but if Bedlam's still alive tomorrow, we might want to look at other options besides the zerg rush of votes. He may yap and yap, but while we're focusing on him, there are other mafia out there doing things. Let's not get tunnel-vision, now.

MrT
    Auralynx
    CesareB

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    If we're red voting MrT for second, then I'll go ahead and set CesareB for ze blue vote major lead.

I take it the plan is to private guard MrT, correct?
    And private seer CesareB?

• Options
    CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    Bedlam
    MrT
    MrT

If Bedlam doesn't die from this why would you think we'd line up to do it again? :P

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • Options
    MegafrostMegafrost Leader of the Decepticons Registered User regular
    Cythraul wrote: »
    If Bedlam doesn't die from this why would you think we'd line up to do it again? :P

Because then we don't kill any village with our red vote. :p

• Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    I've seen crazier things happen.

I've also started up a fresh replay of FFT, because my old memory card with my PS1 Final Fantasy stuff went belly-up on me (third party card, naturally). I always thought this and Ogre Battle would be the last two things on my backlog...

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    MegafrostMegafrost Leader of the Decepticons Registered User regular
    Megafrost wrote: »
    Cythraul wrote: »

Because then we don't kill any village with our red vote. :p

Oh. Right. Second place. Durrrrrrrrrr.

• Options
    MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    Why don't we public guard MrT?

• Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    Does the knight's special ability count as a successful block if they're attacked?

It does.

I apologize for the delay, long day of meetings.

• Options
    Because if you're going to eat the second place vote we want you to get privately guarded for role unlocks and getting the knight self guards activated, MrT. This should make it 8-4, so if future votes could split half and half that'd be appreciative.
    I'm gonna go do that, I need some buddies.

MrT I guess? I have no real opinion on the usefulness of this until we do a class call.
    CesareB

• Options
    vertrouevertroue I am Female Totes Not a SithRegistered User regular
    I am lost what is the plan?
    Public atk bedlam
    Public guard mrt
    Public seer cesareb?

Blood and Fire
    From the Desk of Darth Vertroue Diplomat to the USA.
  • Options
    And with that clarification, even more reason to make sure the private guard works. That's 3 extra shots at getting our third block and the unlock.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    color=red]Mr. T
    color=blue]Mr. T

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Mr. T
    Mr. T

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    MrT
    Uh....do we actually have a consensus on the green vote? bedlam???

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Public guarding MrT is dumb. We want the private guard to guard him. Public guard CesareB is the better plan.

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    I don't think we do, but I'd really like to know what ????? means.

Also, we get the top two. So.

In other news, we need to start face checking what roles people are claiming. When we know who has what roles, somebody like ebum or I can narrow down who's lying about following the party line.

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
  • Options
    Yeah, I was going to go ahead and start making a call when day three starts.

• Options
    Blue/Green vote counts?

• Options
    I guess I'll private guard MrT and public guard

CesareB, then public seer

Bedlam.

Red 1: Bedlam (8)
    Red 2: MrT (7)
    Red 3: Auralynx, Jpants (1)

Green 1: Bedlam (6)
    Green 2: MrT (3)
    Green 3: Auralynx (2)

Blue 1: MrT (7)
    Blue 2: CesareB (5)

• Options
    vertrouevertroue I am Female Totes Not a SithRegistered User regular
    bedlam
    bedlam
    cesareb
    For the rwcord I am still confused.

Blood and Fire
    From the Desk of Darth Vertroue Diplomat to the USA.
  • Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Bedlam
    MrT
    MrT

• Options
    We really should make sure that there is a three vote gap between first, second and third for red and green votes because vote manip may be in play. Blue vote should also have first place leading by 3 votes. Bigger gaps might be better, but it seems like herding cats today, when it comes to village organization.

Also if MrT is going to be the second place for red vote, it makes more sense to private guard him and have the public guard on CesareB.

• Options
    About what are you still confused?

• Options
    CesareB BECAUSE FUCK MR. T
    MrT BECAUSE FUCK MR. T