Options

[Lego] Scooby Doo, where are you?

• Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    Went to order some stuff from the Lego store today and it seems they aren't offering the Winter Soldier anymore. If they are, he didn't show up in my cart, the promotion was supposed to go through the 30th.

I has a sad

• Options
    KPCKPC Registered User regular
    xzzy wrote: »
    All those sets came out when I was a broody teenager who was too old for those kid toys.

And now I wish I'd kept on collecting all that stuff.

You're never too old for LEGO, just too poor.

• Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    Marathon wrote: »
    Went to order some stuff from the Lego store today and it seems they aren't offering the Winter Soldier anymore. If they are, he didn't show up in my cart, the promotion was supposed to go through the 30th.

I has a sad

I think it was good until the 30th if supplies last. Going to guess they ran out.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    So I am possibly insane. Due to Target seemingly refusing to stock any new Lego sets besides Star Wars and my massive urge to buy something I bought a set that I already of which I have an older version.

gh5vtkpl5h4n.jpg
    I hate the prequels, but I always liked this fighter. The new one is the closer one and the one in the back was released five years ago. Despite them being massively similar the new one is markedly better. The engines are cosmetically made out exactly the same parts, but the new one has internal structure that keeps the parts from spinning around. The whole thing is way sturdier. Those little antenna on the backs of the engines of the old one keep falling off, an example is how I am outright missing the one on the middle piece. The new one is also heavier and has more internal structure.

4a8n10wktnfz.jpg
    Attack!

An aside, it took me way longer than I thought to get all those battle droids arrayed. Their connections are just the worst and they wear out super fast.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    TurksonTurkson Near the mountains of ColoradoRegistered User regular
    The WSJ has a preview of a Batman V Superman lego set coming out next year. I think the full sets will be shown doing San Diego Comic Con.

BN-JD616_batmob_G_201506291358241.jpg

I don't like Batman's "boots."

oh h*ck
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Turkson wrote: »
    The WSJ has a preview of a Batman V Superman lego set coming out next year. I think the full sets will be shown doing San Diego Comic Con.

BN-JD616_batmob_G_201506291358241.jpg

I don't like Batman's "boots."

Better get used to it. I'm pretty sure that's going to be a trend with superhero sets going forward. Blame the Simpson minifigs and their experimental two colors of plastic molding.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    So I am possibly insane. Due to Target seemingly refusing to stock any new Lego sets besides Star Wars and my massive urge to buy something I bought a set that I already of which I have an older version.

gh5vtkpl5h4n.jpg
    I hate the prequels, but I always liked this fighter. The new one is the closer one and the one in the back was released five years ago. Despite them being massively similar the new one is markedly better. The engines are cosmetically made out exactly the same parts, but the new one has internal structure that keeps the parts from spinning around. The whole thing is way sturdier. Those little antenna on the backs of the engines of the old one keep falling off, an example is how I am outright missing the one on the middle piece. The new one is also heavier and has more internal structure.

4a8n10wktnfz.jpg
    Attack!

An aside, it took we way longer than I thought to get all those battle droids arrays. Their connections are just the worst and they wear out super fast.

I have the very first one that came out in 98 or 99? I'll have to dig it out sometime. It's a lot smaller than the new ones and hasn't aged well.

oh h*ck
  • Options

gh5vtkpl5h4n.jpg

4a8n10wktnfz.jpg
    Attack!

An aside, it took we way longer than I thought to get all those battle droids arrays. Their connections are just the worst and they wear out super fast.

I have the very first one that came out in 98 or 99? I'll have to dig it out sometime. It's a lot smaller than the new ones and hasn't aged well.

Yeah the first one was kinda rubbish. Almost all of those first Star Wars sets did not age at all.

• Options
    McFlynnMcFlynn Registered User regular
    I need to look at the instructions of the new N-1 and see if it'd be possible to make the blue Police Cruiser from the N64 game.

• Options
    McFlynn wrote: »
    I need to look at the instructions of the new N-1 and see if it'd be possible to make the blue Police Cruiser from the N64 game.

I'm going to say yes, assuming they make the yellow parts in Dark Azure. You'd basically just need to modify the engines after that.

• Options
    djmitchelladjmitchella Registered User regular
    I'm not sure if anyone here gets the Lego Club magazine; it's a free magazine intended for kids with comics/stories/puzzles, and of course a bunch of reminders that there are always new Lego sets out to buy. (I suspect you could get it as an adult if you lied about your age, it's not as if they require a birth certificate or anything).

One of the features they have is "Cool Creations", where kids can send in their own models and potentially get them published. So my kids did that. This month's Lego Club magazine (non-copyright=me bits expunged):

wJZsGII.jpg

who's that we find in the middle of the page, grinning away behind his Ghostbusters Ghost Jail?

70ESdkj.jpg

Yup, that's my kid right there.. (one of the ghosts is Peeves from an old Harry Potter set; I can't remember who the other one was)

• Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    He's living my childhood dream.

Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Speaking of childhood dreams, I'm off to Legoland (Windsor) with the kids tomorrow! When I were a lad Denmark was your only option so I never got to go.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    Bought a sealed 14 year old Technic set off of eBay and its missing a rubber tire.

One out of a billion Lego sets are missing parts and I got one that transcends time.

• Options
    I bought the new Imperial Shuttle today.

I really like it. It does a really good job of bridging the gap between accurate and swooshable/playable. Obviously the UCS Shuttle is more correctly sized, but that thing does not even have a ramp or interior besides the cockpit.

Also the last system scale Imperial shuttle was from 2005 and looks laughable in comparison. Also the minifigs are all great. You get Han in his cool Endor camo coat, a Chewie with cool fur print, Leia with her poncho, and the Endor Commandos, both with much improved camouflage printing. One of them is even that bad ass commando with the huge beard from the movie.

• Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    The other day I got a terrible urge....the urge to own every mixel. I realize I'm way late and it will now cost me $$$$$$$ but....I want them

I want them so bad!

Why did I not pick up the initial lines???

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2015
    this is not the chat thread...

Aioua on
    life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Mixels are the shit.

• Options
    Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    I put together the Batman/Riddler chase set today. The Riddler dragster is kind of unimpressive but the Batmobile that it comes with is pretty slick-looking. Does anybody know, though, where Lego's depiction of the Riddler originated from? The minifig has him in this weird zippered jacket thing that I can't ever remember seeing in any other media.

Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    I put together the Batman/Riddler chase set today. The Riddler dragster is kind of unimpressive but the Batmobile that it comes with is pretty slick-looking. Does anybody know, though, where Lego's depiction of the Riddler originated from? The minifig has him in this weird zippered jacket thing that I can't ever remember seeing in any other media.

I think that might be original to that Lego set; basically the Riddler in a racing outfit.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    Fucking all of my money. Just gone.

Those other doctors better be in the Lego Ideas Doctor Who set since dimensions only has Capaldi. Also the Doctor and Doc Brown, both voiced by their actors, together for the first time. There better be some amazing dialog between them!

• Options
    Facts about the doctor stuff

All of the Doctors will be playable in Lego form, even the War Doctor. When your character dies, you'll regenerate as the first Doctor then cycle through the series again.
    Depending on which Doctor you play as, the interior of your TARDIS will change -- playing as the first Doctor will give you an old-school, black-and-white time machine.
    A jukebox in the TARDIS will let you choose whichever version of the Dr. Who theme you want.
    Peter Capaldi (Dr. Who), Jenna Coleman (Clara Oswald), and Michelle Gomez (Missy) will also lend their voices to game.
    Other playable characters available for purchase as physical Lego Minifigs include a Cyberman, Dalek, and K-9.

Those first two points are awesome!

• Options
    edited July 2015
    Check your walmarts for clearance! Its corporate issued clearance time (according to my source) and most walmarts will be getting a large sum of lego clearance.

I only bought Bionicle and Movie sets, but I did see that some bigger Star Wars stuff and the biggest Jurassic World set was at least 30% off. A lot of the swamp sets had big cuts too.

Edit: back when I worked at walmart, whenever these clearance prices were issued, we'd have like a week or two to actually get them done, so your local store might not have them yet, but they will most likely have them.

McFlynn on
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    I picked up a B-Wing on clearance from a local Meijer (The local version of Wal-Mart) and it's a fun building and an awesome looking set once it's done. I'm a huge fan of the B-Wing in movies so I'm kind of biased. I love that it has the rotating cockpit and man it just looks cool.

• Options
    djmitchelladjmitchella Registered User regular
    Speaking of childhood dreams, I'm off to Legoland (Windsor) with the kids tomorrow! When I were a lad Denmark was your only option so I never got to go.

How was it? We're going to be in London for a week and I think our kids would never forgive us if we didn't go to Legoland, but is it actually worth the effort?

• Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    It was awesome! The rides are mainly for younger kids but there are a few bigger ones. But cool LEGO stuff is just everywhere, and it's pretty huge, we were there all day and only did about 2/3rds without too much queuing. And that was without doing any of the building stuff.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    Well, found my next purchase.

19660521682_049e6ebe80.jpg

Available to VIP members only from July 15-31

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Daimar wrote: »
    Well, found my next purchase.

19660521682_049e6ebe80.jpg

Available to VIP members only from July 15-31

Well, they got the panel fit and finish of a real F40 replicated exactly...

• Options
    I wonder how much it would take to replace all the red with black to imitate the Fast n Loud/Gasmonkey Garage F40...

http://flatoutcombr.c.presscdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/f40-black-61.jpg

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    Did any new actual sets come out of comic con, aside from that (really rad looking) Batmobile, the Dimensions stuff, and the obvious Con exclusives?

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Daimar wrote: »
    I wonder how much it would take to replace all the red with black to imitate the Fast n Loud/Gasmonkey Garage F40...

http://flatoutcombr.c.presscdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/f40-black-61.jpg

I dunno. I'm glad that crashed Fazza is back on the road, but black? It's an F40. It should be red. If you want to look like a drug dealer, go buy a black F360. Plus the wheels they put on it are WAY heavier and not as strong as the original forged magnesium units. Spend all that money on some nice coilovers (and yeah, the units they fitted are a pretty decent upgrade on the old Koni reds), and then hang heavy lumps off them?

• Options
    TachTach Registered User regular
    HadjiQuest wrote: »
    Did any new actual sets come out of comic con, aside from that (really rad looking) Batmobile, the Dimensions stuff, and the obvious Con exclusives?

There was a new Ninjago set that was pretty large that I saw on display. Lots of talk about the new Avengers video game.

• Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    Fucking all of my money. Just gone.

Those other doctors better be in the Lego Ideas Doctor Who set since dimensions only has Capaldi. Also the Doctor and Doc Brown, both voiced by their actors, together for the first time. There better be some amazing dialog between them!

Up next in the minifig series, Doctor Who!

• Options
    Pics of the new X-Wing and Millennium Falcon!
    qj0lKwr.jpg
    Ac1kQo3.jpg
    wbHRwM6.jpg
    ttN6k4L.jpg

oh h*ck
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Whoa Chewbacca's lego bowcaster is actually one of those shooty tings but it till has the crossbow arms somehow!

Also the X-Wing finally has a proper X-Wing shaped minifig scale cockpit piece! I do not like the color scheme though. Odd since the ones in the trailer are clearly mostly grey with blue trim.

Finn is also rocking a cool new hair piece. I think.

Librarian's ghost on

• Options
    ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    qj0lKwr.jpg
    Ac1kQo3.jpg
    wbHRwM6.jpg
    ttN6k4L.jpg
    Oof, I do not like the orange on that XWing. And the falcon looks too long and thin. Also that radar dish makes me sad, but I'm sure I'll get used to it. I'm sure I'll get used to all of it. STAR WARS.

g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    Elbasunu wrote: »
    qj0lKwr.jpg
    Ac1kQo3.jpg
    wbHRwM6.jpg
    ttN6k4L.jpg
    Oof, I do not like the orange on that XWing. And the falcon looks too long and thin. Also that radar dish makes me sad, but I'm sure I'll get used to it. I'm sure I'll get used to all of it. STAR WARS.
    Needed something with a lower profile so it doesn't get knocked off while flying through Death Stars. Never know when you're going to need to fly through an Imperial World Killing machine.

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Magell wrote: »
    qj0lKwr.jpg
    Ac1kQo3.jpg
    wbHRwM6.jpg
    ttN6k4L.jpg
    Needed something with a lower profile so it doesn't get knocked off while flying through Death Stars. Never know when you're going to need to fly through an Imperial World Killing machine.
    Oh duh! I forgot the dish got knocked off, so of COURSE they would replace it with a better one.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    qj0lKwr.jpg
    Ac1kQo3.jpg
    wbHRwM6.jpg
    ttN6k4L.jpg
    Have to agree. I don't care for the colors on the X-wing. May just be me, may just be the nostalgia kicking in, but the black/orange doesn't look right on an X-wing. Interesting that it looks like it has 4 spring loaded shooters, as well as at least one of the little 1x1 pop guns. Seems like a lot for a single seat fighter.
    I'm really looking forward to seeing the black and white TIE when it comes out or gets leaked. But then, I've got a fairly well documented TIE addiction. An addiction that needs feeding.

As for the Falcon's dish, I'd be rather surprised if there wasn't a classic version included in the set. Seems like a half dozen or so extra pieces for the old dish would be easy enough to include in a kit that's probably going to be in the $150-200 range (assuming 10 cents a piece, plus Star Wars tax). But then, I'm not Lego, so I'm probably wrong.