Options

[Lego] Scooby Doo, where are you?

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    So as I'm building this mansion I realise how easy it would be to buy a second one and build a backside of each building to make the whole mansion way bigger.

I must hate money.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    So as I'm building this mansion I realise how easy it would be to buy a second one and build a backside of each building to make the whole mansion way bigger.

I must hate money.

I enjoy reading this out of context for maximum ostentatious value.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    Those new Star Wars sets are pretty disappointing to me, although I could see myself at some point trying to save up for the Falcon and the Tie. The X-Wing looks.... too fragile? And all the other stuff is just way too boxy and plain, although Rey's speeder has some interesting color detail going on.

There are rumors going around about the January 2016 Lego wave including another Microfighter line with Rebels and TFA vehicles, as well as battlepacks from TFA. I might hold out and hit those up instead, and I can get some other toys to more affordably meet my spaceship needs. Hasbro is reviving the Micromachines line for the movie, so maybe they will bring back the old Action Fleet ships. That way I can save my lego dollars for Batman/Superman and Cap: Civil War.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Oh god I want Action Fleet. I loved action fleet.

Also I'm getting the Tie Figher for sure as it looks good with the new canopy piece and those pilots with the molded hoses look great. Not really sure on anything else. Those new order officer hats with the flaps look stupid.

Hopefully there will be a battle pack next year with new Stormtroopers and maybe a micro fighter set with a new resistance pilot with the neat helmet.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    GaryOGaryO Registered User regular
    Even though I'm trying to avoid knowing anything about the new Star Wars (with varying amounts of success), I took a peek at the new sets because I heard about the Falcon and wanted to see what it looked like. I'll get that and the X-wing to round out my rebel fleet (one of every fighter) but all the other sets look ugly. Especially the one with the giant wings. Hopefully the battlepacks are good though

• Options
    McFlynnMcFlynn Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Man, I shouldn't have looked at the lighthouse scooby set. Now I want it.

Skull rockface! C'mon!

McFlynn on
  • Options
    ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    Rey's Speeder looks so fucking dope.

g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • Options
    Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    Apparently Lego is rereleasing the Winter Toy Shop this year, which is interesting

Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    I've been building the Mystery Machine with my daughter and it's been a fun build so far, although I feel really old because I had no idea Lego came with stickers now. The set was missing two pieces, they gave us 2 thin 1x6s instead of 1x4s. Luckily we were able to scrounge up some extra 1x4s and they got covered by the bumper grills so you can't tell they are the wrong color. Still a little annoying though.

• Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    Carpy wrote: »
    I've been building the Mystery Machine with my daughter and it's been a fun build so far, although I feel really old because I had no idea Lego came with stickers now. The set was missing two pieces, they gave us 2 thin 1x6s instead of 1x4s. Luckily we were able to scrounge up some extra 1x4s and they got covered by the bumper grills so you can't tell they are the wrong color. Still a little annoying though.

LEGO's site has a form to fill out for the missing pieces, they'll send replacements. Still, it's good that that didn't stop your build!

• Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    @Carpy Lego is incredibly good at replacing missing pieces. You just go here, fill out the form (you'll need to give them the ID of the set, which is on the box and the instruction manual, and the IDs of the missing parts, which are in the back of the instruction manual), and you're good to go. It does take a couple of weeks, but they'll send you the free replacements without question. I've had to replace a couple of warped pieces, as well as a malfunctioning Technic IR receiver, over the last couple of years, and Lego always comes through.

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Anyone else get the feeling Jurassic World sets are not long for this world? I dunno why, I was planning on grabbing some of em maybe when they hit clearance, but now I got this feeling they'll just quietly vanish in a couple months...

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    Anyone else get the feeling Jurassic World sets are not long for this world? I dunno why, I was planning on grabbing some of em maybe when they hit clearance, but now I got this feeling they'll just quietly vanish in a couple months...

I think so. Some of them went on clearance in US Walmarts last month.

Apparently the normal Jurassic World toyline got the ax or reduced runs or something like that and caused a lot of nerd rage. I doubt that really affects Lego in any way, but it made me notice.

• Options
    GaryOGaryO Registered User regular
    McFlynn wrote: »

Apparently the normal Jurassic World toyline got the ax or reduced runs or something like that and caused a lot of nerd rage. I doubt that really affects Lego in any way, but it made me notice.

See I thought it was because Jurrassic World was a mega-hit and shops couldn't keep up with demand for toys

• Options
    edited August 2015
    GaryO wrote: »

See I thought it was because Jurrassic World was a mega-hit and shops couldn't keep up with demand for toys

I'm not huge into action figures anymore, but what I've heard is that its kind of an amiibo situation. They didn't make that much wave 2 or 3, so scalpers bought them all and put them on ebay. Hasbro supposedly really half-assed a lot of the toys too. Besides Hasbro's uncanny knack for inconsistent paint quality, one of them comes with a cardboard cut out of a soldier instead of actually putting a soldier figure in the box. I think my closest walmart actually put all their JW stuff into the clearance aisle.

But this is largely just internet second hand information. I don't closely follow toys outside of Lego much anymore.

McFlynn on
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Apparently Lego is rereleasing the Winter Toy Shop this year, which is interesting

... I regretted not buying the winter set for several years and finally my wife bought be the toy shop... Literally any other...

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Boo to re-releases!

I mean good for the people who missed it, but I was looking forward to a new one. It's become a Christmas tradition.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    Bought the Spider-Man/Carnage set yesterday. Nice little set, especially the figs if you are a Spidey fan.

I saw a Star Wars Advent Calendar out already. Is that weird?

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    Saw they were down to one Mystery Machine at my town's only place to buy Lego and decided it was time to commit.

• Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    redfield85 wrote: »
    Bought the Spider-Man/Carnage set yesterday. Nice little set, especially the figs if you are a Spidey fan.

A little bit. It's not on their site yet. Do you remember who was Santa?

3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    Toxic Toys wrote: »

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/91V87HGaAwL._SL1500_.jpg

C-3P0

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Daimar wrote: »
    Toxic Toys wrote: »

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/91V87HGaAwL._SL1500_.jpg

C-3P0

Yup, this was it.

bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular

The other problem is the same as the dino hunter sets from two years ago in that the dinosaurs are big molded pieces and drive the price up and you don't get a very good brick to price ratio. Sure I want cool dinosaurs, but I still want a cool build as well, and most of those sets lack that.

• Options
    I built the Mystery Machine today and holy cow that is a great set. 20-something stickers, but still good. I ended up ordering the Mansion just by how much I enjoyed it.

• Options

The US Lego website recently updated that the entire line is out of stock, but they'll all be back sometime next month. (Except for the one thats walmart exclusive here, but that could just be a deal thing.)

Seems they just truly sold them all.

• Options
    ZiggymonZiggymon Registered User regular

The US Lego website recently updated that the entire line is out of stock, but they'll all be back sometime next month. (Except for the one thats walmart exclusive here, but that could just be a deal thing.)

Seems they just truly sold them all.

I wouldn't be surprised if they make a wave 2 and 3 of the Lego Jurassic World sets.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Did it sell poorly or something? Lego stocks on this side of town have been really poorly handled since Xmas.

That lego Cargo train is on sale at work for less than 150 I like the look of it but I really don't want more lego that I will put off until I have room or such

• Options
    ChiselphaneChiselphane Registered User regular
    Finished the Detective Office, the first modular building set I got... and now I want them all.

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Jangbricks did a video on the Temple of Airjutsu.

I have instantly fallen in love. Oh my god... incredible set.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    So people are saying the Wall-E set is getting delayed for a couple of weeks.

• Options
    Found the new Monster Collectible Minifigures at Target.

Got a Fly Guy, Zombie Business Man, Trick-or-Treat skeleton guy, and two Ghost Ladies.

The Ghost ladies are cool because instead of legs they have a crazy molded transparent ethereal floaty piece. The hair is also semi transparent. My Ghostbusters finally have a job!

However most importantly for the future of Lego is this Trick-Or-Treat guy. He's wearing a skull mask tied on with string. The string goes all the way around the head.

The printing wraps all the way around the head. It does not stop in the middle of each side like every head print up to this point.

Lego has finally figured out the 360 degree head printing technology!

• Options
    xzzyxzzy Registered User regular
    noir_blood wrote: »
    So people are saying the Wall-E set is getting delayed for a couple of weeks.

There's apparently a recall going on, the hinge pieces that make up his neck can't support the weight very well and the head flops around like a piece of bacon whenever you play with the model.

I think it's just a simple part swap.. people that already have the set are being told they'll be sent a repair kit that swaps in beefier hinges.

Sucks for Lego though, it's not going to be cheap to fix.

• Options
    Speaking of Wall-E, my TrU broke street date and put it out early. I grabbed one and the manager had to override the computer to let me buy it.

Guess I'm going to need to figure out how to get the repair parts.

• Options
    Neck issue.

I see two points of failure.

First the ratched joints that hold the neck and head up are not strong enough due to the weight of the eye assembly and the whole head can fall forward if not perfectly upright.

Second. Where the head attaches to the neck is on one pin that has no friction. This causes the head to spin totally freely.

I don't see an easy fix for either since those pieces are pretty majorly integrated.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular

Got a Fly Guy, Zombie Business Man, Trick-or-Treat skeleton guy, and two Ghost Ladies.

The Ghost ladies are cool because instead of legs they have a crazy molded transparent ethereal floaty piece. The hair is also semi transparent. My Ghostbusters finally have a job!

However most importantly for the future of Lego is this Trick-Or-Treat guy. He's wearing a skull mask tied on with string. The string goes all the way around the head.

The printing wraps all the way around the head. It does not stop in the middle of each side like every head print up to this point.

are they bagged lego or something? As around here getting the bagged ones is a pain in the ass

• Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    ycKuQsc.jpg

@Kirbith and I assembled the UCS Slave I this past weekend.

It's intimidatingly large.

Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    THEPAIN73 wrote: »
    @Kirbith and I assembled the UCS Slave I this past weekend.

It's intimidatingly large.

But it's an awesome build. Really like the Boba that came with it.
    To be honest, I'd buy the set again if they made it available in Jango Fett colors.

In a largely unrelated topic, anyone know the street date on the Ep7 sets that have been leaked? I need me a black TIE fighter.

• Options
    wonderpugwonderpug Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    In a largely unrelated topic, anyone know the street date on the Ep7 sets that have been leaked? I need me a black TIE fighter.

I don't know if it specifically applies to the Lego sets, but for Star Wars merchandise in general stores have been holding back their inventory for the "Force Friday' toy release event coming this Friday.

• Options
    ZiggymonZiggymon Registered User regular
    wonderpug wrote: »
    see317 wrote: »

I don't know if it specifically applies to the Lego sets, but for Star Wars merchandise in general stores have been holding back their inventory for the "Force Friday' toy release event coming this Friday.

Yeah the Lego store newsletter in the UK states this Friday for the EP7 sets.

• Options
    Brainleech wrote: »

are they bagged lego or something? As around here getting the bagged ones is a pain in the ass

Yea, series 14 minifigures.

I managed to grab the last 3 and only ones I saw at Target/TRU today. Got mad scientist, ghoul, and witch. I really want the trick-or-treat guy, plant guy, and fly guy.

I also picked up the microfighters Snowspeeder. It seemed like TRU and Target both restocked today.

bYf6vNQ.png