Options

[chat]en tenders for lunch

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    so excite 5 pax.
    gonna drink all the booze

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Fossil's canvas gear is super-durable, and you can usually find it at outlets for half off or more.

My messenger bag is in use daily and looks brand-new despite being two years old.

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »
    Just kidding. They totally fit. Shockingly.

I don't know what feels weirder, the fact that I'm in a pants size that I haven't been in since I was in junior high, or that I still want to lose another 50 pounds or so.

Woo!

• Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    TehSloth wrote: »
    Hmmm

I think I need a new duffel bag for carry-on to PAX

anybody have recommendations -- one is coming up on amazon's daily sale thing later today but it's a Kenneth Cole bag and I have been very disappointed with the dubious quality of the shoes I've gotten from KC so I'm skeptical. Needs to be big but sized for carry-on, I've got a couple messenger bags but they're too small.

http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/aaa5/?srp=1

http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/16ad/?srp=3

Needs to be way bigger, this is for like, regular luggage stuff like clothes, I'm just not gonna check a bag.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    cptrugged wrote: »
    Being the "other man" sucks btw. I know it can happen and emotions can run wild. But its nothing but a shitstorm in the end. Play by the rules. If you want to be with someone who is commited to someone else, its not an open situation, an there is deception involved. You need to tell that person they need to make a goddamn choice or they need to start thinking of living a lifestyle that is cool with that sort of thing. Cause even if you get away with the lies, its still a shitstorm.

You can't treat someone the same, when you are lying to them about such a significant thing. There's no way to "get away with it", because it will inevitably change the character of your relationships.

This totally gets rationalized as "If I don't do it, someone else will, nothing I say will fix this situation. Might as well get laid."

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    I suppose a raccoon is what you would get if you took a canid and stuffed it into the niche that a small monkey or large rodent normally occupies.

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    I really wish I had one of these again

l_img_4698.jpg

because of the shoulder straps that lets you carry it like a backpack

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    Who would ever want to put his cock in a woman who would be willing to do that to her husband?

If she'll lie to her husband about fucking you, she'll lie to you about fucking that guy with herpes.

You'll get a lot of white knights that will go against the grain of "Once a cheater, always a cheater" as if there's certain circumstances that make cheating okay.

They're wrong, oh boy are they wrong. You're talking about a moral fault, not a lapse in judgement. They are rationalizing their error as okay, and they will always be able to rationalize their error as okay.

I don't agree with "Once a cheater, always a cheater". People, especially young people, will make stupid mistakes based on emotions and raw urges and shit. So yeah, you can have a lapse in judgement, and you can even learn a lesson that will stay with you for a very long time. But just like any lie, there will always be that shadow over you about a certain trust that was lost. And it can take a very long time to get that trust back with a person who you know was a cheater. Even if you were the one cheating with them.

• Options
    Who would ever want to put his cock in a woman who would be willing to do that to her husband?

If she'll lie to her husband about fucking you, she'll lie to you about fucking that guy with herpes.

You'll get a lot of white knights that will go against the grain of "Once a cheater, always a cheater" as if there's certain circumstances that make cheating okay.

They're wrong, oh boy are they wrong. You're talking about a moral fault, not a lapse in judgement. They are rationalizing their error as okay, and they will always be able to rationalize their error as okay.

I don't agree with "Once a cheater, always a cheater". People, especially young people, will make stupid mistakes based on emotions and raw urges and shit. So yeah, you can have a lapse in judgement, and you can even learn a lesson that will stay with you for a very long time. But just like any lie, there will always be that shadow over you about a certain trust that was lost. And it can take a very long time to get that trust back with a person who you know was a cheater. Even if you were the one cheating with them.

I'm not really worried about 20 year olds and their 4 month long relationship, when I say those things.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Eddy wrote: »

Well it looks good.

The quality is all I care about when it comes to bags like that, though. But if it's been recommended, buy it

how big is it?

12"H x 21 7/8"W x 10 3/8"D (hee hee) [3m x .6m x .3m?]

Foot high, two feet long, foot wide. Good travel size.

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    so excite 5 pax.

Deebs are you going to the fancy pants dinner?

Are you gonna buy me a drink?

You're da bes Deebs.

• Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »

That's a good looking bag, the right size, and I've got a jcrew messenger bag I've been very happy with but probably not looking to drop that kinda cash.

*briefly considers visiting outlet store

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    Deebs, you buy people drinks? :(

• Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    Cinders wrote: »
    Deebs, you buy people drinks? :(

Get your coat Deebs, you've pulled.

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Being the "other man" sucks btw. I know it can happen and emotions can run wild. But its nothing but a shitstorm in the end. Play by the rules. If you want to be with someone who is commited to someone else, its not an open situation, an there is deception involved. You need to tell that person they need to make a goddamn choice or they need to start thinking of living a lifestyle that is cool with that sort of thing. Cause even if you get away with the lies, its still a shitstorm.

You can't treat someone the same, when you are lying to them about such a significant thing. There's no way to "get away with it", because it will inevitably change the character of your relationships.

This totally gets rationalized as "If I don't do it, someone else will, nothing I say will fix this situation. Might as well get laid."

also disgusting.

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular

also disgusting.

also as "it's fully on her if she's gonna be a poop and cheat on her husband"

which is true but also ignores the fact that it's fully on you to be a shitbag or not

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Im going to stay out of this cheating discussion for personal reasons but I am interesting in all your views

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    Im going to stay out of this cheating discussion for personal reasons but I am interesting in all your views

yes I find you quite interesting

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    so excite 5 pax.

You're da bes Deebs.

Yes.

HAHAHAHA. Nope.

Thanks.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    so excite 5 pax.

You're da bes Deebs.

Yes.

HAHAHAHA. Nope.

Thanks.

Scumbag Deebs all up ins.

• Options
    edited February 2014
    Is sleeping with a married person morally questionable?

I suppose so, I would personally avoid doing it

but it pales in comparison to the person who is actually cheating on their husband/wife

I'd put pretty much all the blame on the person doing the cheating personally, it's no ones job to preserve the sanctity of someone elses marriage

Casual on
  • Options
    GIVE US BOOZE DEEBS

• Options
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Casual wrote: »

but it pales in comparison the the person who is actually cheating on their husband/wife

I'd put pretty much all the blame on the person doing the cheating personally, it's no ones job to preserve the sanctity of someone elses marriage

Yea, that's why I never got the whole "dude getting mad and beating up the dude that slept with his GF" thing.

Sure it wasn't cool on that dudes part. But who says he even knew? And even if he did he didn't cheat on anyone! He was just getting down with a lady that wanted to get down!

DemonStacey on
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    GIVE US BOOZE DEEBS

BOOZE OR WE FEED

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    I mean unless the duder was a friend.

Then you can totes punch the shit out of him because wtf bro?

• Options

but it pales in comparison the the person who is actually cheating on their husband/wife

Yea, that's why I never got the whole "dude getting mad and beating up the dude that slept with his GF" thing.

Sure it wasn't cool on that dudes part. But who says he even knew? And even if he did he didn't cheat on anyone! He was just getting down with a lady that wanted to get down!

pretty much

i say this as someone who doesn't sleep around at all so I’m not justifying my actions or anyone elses, but relationships are the responsibility of the people in them

otherwise you're just going around checking for wedding ring tan lines whenever you sleep with someone

• Options
    edited February 2014

but it pales in comparison to the person who is actually cheating on their husband/wife

I have enough respect in myself and my integrity where I would find it incredibly difficult and damaging to my image of self to do or participate in it.

Plus I wouldn't want to hurt my s/o. If I was tempted, and I thought this was something I really wanted, and was sure, I'd have enough respect for myself and my s/o to not break their trust that way. It's still going to hurt them, but cheating has some pretty severe psychological shit associated with it.

I just can't agree with anyone that thinks it's "okay." Is getting laid really that important? It can't wait a few days for you to get your affairs in order?

Yeah sometimes you make mistakes, young people are dumb, I'm not really talking about those people. A 17 year old that's been married for 3 months when their spouse gets deployed into the military isn't what I'm really referencing here.

bowen on
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator Mod Emeritus
    Men beating up the guys who sleep with their missus isn't about assigning blame, it's about male feelings of ownership, public image, following established routes of action, feeling emasculated or whatever and so forth.

• Options
  • Options
    GIVE US BOOZE DEEBS

BOOT STRAPS

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    a friend of mine unknowingly was "that guy" in a relationship

like, he was dating this girl and it turns out she was married, and for some reason the dude was pissed at my friend, instead of, you know, being pissed at the woman who lied to them both

it was like something out of a tv show

anyway it really messed my friend up. it took him a long time to be able to trust someone in a romantic relationship again

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
  • Options
    Bogart wrote: »
    Men beating up the guys who sleep with their missus isn't about assigning blame, it's about male feelings of ownership, public image, following established routes of action, feeling emasculated or whatever and so forth.

And also mention something like, women are seen as infallible in terms of sexual desire. That plays a huge part of it, not just "woman mine."

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »

but my womens

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »
    GIVE US BOOZE DEEBS

BOOZE AND THEN WE FEED

Now Playing:
    Celeste [Switch] - She'll be wrestling with inner demons when she comes...
  • Options
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator Mod Emeritus
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    I have less of an issue with cheating when you haven't told the other person that you're committed to the relationship. There's a scale here. Caveats: assuming a relationship where no one is actually abusive. Your SO just being an asshole or "not treating you right" or whatever? This does not get you a pass.

Young / new relationship? Shitty of you, but OK. Still should tell the other person ASAP

Longterm thing where you're both talking about love and you're committed? You're a liar and made a disgusting shitty decision you should feel ashamed of, tell the other person immediately.

Married? You are, at least in part, a terrible person and everyone you know should be offended by the knowledge that you did this. It's a massive breach of trust and shows utter disregard for other people. You did a shameful thing and you should feel shame. You should be made to feel shame, by everyone who knows you.

Children? You're revolting. Get the fuck out of my sight, you self-centered piece of trash.

If you're the "other man/woman", the same things apply.

This discussion has been closed.