As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft; Omelette du Nerub

• Options
    IsoldaeIsoldae Hats Off To JigglypuffRegistered User regular
    you're staged!

xet8c.gif
  • Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    I don't think it's staged so much as the mage could have won ages ago but kept the warrior alive long enough to do the combo

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: »
    im 100% positive those vids are staged

look at the armor of the warrior and the mage was in fatigue

That's not an unreasonable amount of armor.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    SkyEyeSkyEye Registered User regular
    Is twitch.tv hosed for anyone else or is it just me?

Steam: Autumn_Thunder - SC2: AutumnThundr.563 (NA) - Hearthstone: AutumnThundr.1383

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    SkyEye wrote: »

I can't get to it, AngryJoe tweeted about it being down when he was about to stream.

AMAZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON! *shakes fist*

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    so what's up with battle.net? why is there a super ridiculously long queue, even though it disconnects me often?

• Options
    KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Probably under attack from lizard squad again. Or it's just business as usual on a diablo 3 major patch day.

KafkaAU on
    steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular

I can't get to it, AngryJoe tweeted about it being down when he was about to stream.

it's ddos

blizzard is getting hit too

• Options
    PiptheFair wrote: »

it's ddos

blizzard is getting hit too

I'm aware

I just wanted to make a topical joke

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited August 2014
    i would like it if these ddos cretins were captured and sentenced to the maximum extent of the law

i can't even get IN the queue, its' just flat dead for me

as an aside... it's surprising to me that Blizzard is so exposed to this kind of primitive attack.

if people have this kind of power and aren't worried about the ramifications why not ddos everything all the time

Jasconius on
  • Options
    wrong_buttonwrong_button Registered User regular
    Boo. I actually had some time to play this (or D3) tonight too. Maybe it's a sign that I should start tackling my Steam backlog. Also a sign that some people suck.

• Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    I'm just getting into the game and unlocking the basic cards for each class. So far Paladin is feeling really nice, mostly because I got a flesheating ghoul in a pack and hot damn

And the only other classes I have remotely any cards for are Mage and Hunter, neither feeling this solid

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    flesh eating ghoul with proper support can be an absolute monster

paladin/priest are the best classes to use it since you can protect it with cheap removal/buffs/secrets

• Options
    Plus synergy with the paladin hero power. I ran ghoul before I could afford to craft aldors. It was pretty cool (though the players were less cutthroat then).

Steam: Autumn_Thunder - SC2: AutumnThundr.563 (NA) - Hearthstone: AutumnThundr.1383

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    sarukun wrote: »
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    sarukun wrote: »
    Jasconius wrote: »
    no reason to suspect it's not all lumped into the same system. anything that takes an authenticator.

Other than having actually worked on login servers, no, I suppose not.

Yeah, but the queue was for logging into Battle.net, not for logging into a particular game

So, yes. It did have an impact on all of the games, as Battle.net needs to be connected to launch them.

I could still play on my iPad though, as it does log in to the game directly, unlike the PC version.

That is an important piece of information.

I have literally no idea how the iPad works. My suspicion would be that it too needs to log into battle.net first, considering where it has to look to determine who you are.

This is interesting. You select your region on the iPad, so that takes care of that I guess. During the DDoS nonsense the other night I was able to connect at first with my iPad, using the authenticator (to a >57 minute queue) and then subsequent attempts for the next half hour or so put me right into the queue screen, but later it died at the authenticator screen when I had to re-auth. Maybe you could avoid it if you didn't have an authenticator hooked up, but I've had enough problems with people jacking with my account that I'm not going to unhook mine.

Do NOT remove your authenticator.

• Options
    I have the absolute worst luck opening packs right now. I got ONE NEW CARD in a pack today: my second flame imp.

I have got enormous holes in my collection, but RNG keeps giving me shit I already have. Worst luck.

• Options
    40 dust here I come

• Options
    webberwebber Registered User regular
    I feel your pain. Every pack is just 20 dust. I looked through my collection recently and I am missing a lot of the good rates everyone is playing.

This lucky penny is bullshit.
    Hearthstone - Webber #1330
    3DS: 0920-3235-4071
  • Options
    I've been getting 40 dust packs for ages now but I still somehow managed to have no acolyte of pains

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    I have gotten more king krushes out of packs than acolytes of pain

• Options
    SLyM wrote: »
    I have gotten more king krushes out of packs than acolytes of pain

dust can be used to exchange for goods and services

• Options
    I did craft my first Defender of Argus yesterday.

Feels pretty good.

• Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    I've got a lot of dust to burn but I'm not sure what I should spend it on

have all the core leggos but missing some class ones, only I don't spend too much time on any one class beside druid

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    I just played a hunter in arena, got him down to 2 with me at 15.
    He drops a wolf to pump his board full of critters up to exactly lethal, then instead takes his turn down to time trying to clear my board. So I siphon his one taunt and kill him with my last 2 weenies.

Never hit concede.

mkc.png
  • Options
    Hunter plays UtH. "That didn't quite hit the mark." Plays buzzard, concedes.

O-kay then.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    concede with style by playing a card that does 3 damage to everything when you have only 2 life

• Options
    fuck hunters

• Options
    Is there some sort of bug where your opponent plays a card, and you can see the card appear on screen but its effect doesn't appear on screen, and just appears to float reversed over the battlefield while you can't do anything? Because I've run into that several times over the past few days.

• Options
    Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    Anybody who bnet friends me right after I obliterate him with my hunter netdeck is just going to say bad words at me, right?

mkc.png
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    This reminds me of my new absolutely favorite moment in hearthstone:

I faced a guy back-to-back on my climb on ladder. He won the first game and me the second. After the first he friended me. I accepted and we had a fun little conversation during our game.
    LegendGame.jpg

Then we bonded over the only thing everyone in this thread can agree upon:
    Moralistic.jpg

SkyEye on

• Options
    KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Is there some sort of bug where your opponent plays a card, and you can see the card appear on screen but its effect doesn't appear on screen, and just appears to float reversed over the battlefield while you can't do anything? Because I've run into that several times over the past few days.

Yes, you've been disconnected. Quickly close the game and reconnect back into the game to avoid losing (much) of your turn.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • Options
    I actually have some decent decks now.

But I have GOT to craft a Lightning Storm for my Shaman deck. The value on that card is fucking BONKERS.

• Options
    COULD YOU NOT FUCKING KEEP MY DEATH IN THE BOTTOM THIRD OF THE MY DECK EVERY TIME I FACE DRUID, HEARTHSTONE?

Fucking hell. I take out his war golem, iron bark #1, take him down to five health. Hello, ironbark #2. Kill that. Hello, Ironbark #3. #3 kills my venture co and gets brewmastered back and played again. Then a stormwind champion is played behind him. 20 cards in, my death still hasn't bothered to show up.

Fuck arena druids so fucking hard

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    webberwebber Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    I've picked shaman for the past few times in arena and haven't seen a lightning storm to draft.

The deathlord does get a lot of value though.

webber on
    This lucky penny is bullshit.
    Hearthstone - Webber #1330
    3DS: 0920-3235-4071
  • Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    just pulled a cenarius, putting me up to 4 legendaries

kiiinda tempted to disenchant it though, since i literally never play druid

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    You should take that as a sign that you should play Druid.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    so I'm downloading this and have no idea what I'm doing

• Options
    MrMonroe wrote: »
    so I'm downloading this and have no idea what I'm doing

the tutorial is quite good

• Options
    just faced a miracle rogue with sludge belchers

that was FUCKING stupid

• Options
    Everybody was all

Man, silence is gonna be so good when Naxx drops

Fucking nobody has silences in their decks.

What is this madness.

This discussion has been closed.