As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft; Omelette du Nerub

• Options
    SkyEyeSkyEye Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Grobian wrote: »
    Probably picking in reverse alphabetical order. That you still got a fireball out of that is pretty lucky.

That's it! It's why I had to pass on most of the good mage "f" cards. The fireball was up against ancient brewmaster and ... something that began with c. Zombie chow was definitely the carry; when Trump gets around to his Naxx arena tier list I think he'll have it rated at yeti levels of good, despite his chat continuing to insist it's terrible.
    KafkaAU wrote: »
    Given the low curve and number of bad minions, I'm going to guess worst pick instead of best. 8 wins with worst pick though seems pretty unlikely.

It really was lucky. Every single game was very close, with nearly dead opponents a turn or two from stabilizing. Wisps do surprisingly well if you draft aggressively and draw them early (they are the worst possible topdeck, which is why drafting them normally is a terrible idea)

SkyEye on
    Steam: Autumn_Thunder - SC2: AutumnThundr.563 (NA) - Hearthstone: AutumnThundr.1383

• Options
    edited September 2014
    They're dropping the nerf-hammer on leeroy and buzzard.

http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/forum/topic/14279128810

Leeroy (6/2 for 4 --> 6/2 for 5)
    Buzzard (2/1 for 2 --> 3/2 for 5)

The leeroy nerf seems reasonable; it appears comparable to the sylvannas nerf from the beta? The buzzard nerf seems major overkill, but I guess it's what they had to do considering the spider cards they added in naxx already replace themselves and hunter already has serious draw power otherwise with tracking/flare.

SkyEye on
    Steam: Autumn_Thunder - SC2: AutumnThundr.563 (NA) - Hearthstone: AutumnThundr.1383

• Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    Well fuck

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Thetheroo wrote: »
    Well fuck
    You mean FUCK YES

• Options
    Man, I had so much fun playing midrange Hunter with no secrets. I can understand the nerf, but mannnnnnnnn

• Options
    On the other hand fuck miracle rogues so this is a net gain

• Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    Yeah going from 3 leeroys and an evis to 2 and an evis is huge

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    On the other hand I feel like buzzard is probably unplayable now. 5 mana for something the dies to basically every removal spell in the game is just awful

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    3/2 for 5 seems a bit steep. 2/3 for 5 would make it a pretty decent card while still limiting its same turn combo.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    Yeah 3 health at least lets it dodge a bunch of the aoe and super cheap removal

• Options
    webberwebber Registered User regular
    Buzzard is still a really powerful card. Hunters will just have to wait until later to draw big.

I would be happy to draw 3-4 cards on turn 8, 9, or 10.

This lucky penny is bullshit.
    Hearthstone - Webber #1330
    3DS: 0920-3235-4071
  • Options
    The best way to see how big the nerf is is to compare it to gadgetzan. Buzzard typically draws roughly the same number of cards as miracle rogue on the turn their draw engines get played but gadgetzan can be concealed and is a 4/4. A 4/3 for 5 might've been fine but this is probably too much.

• Options
    IMO, the big strength of buzzard hounds wasn't how many cards you drew, it was that you were drawing cards while also clearing a bunch of their board. Unleash the hounds just doesn't work against a full board on turn 8 nearly as well as it does on turn 5

• Options
    webberwebber Registered User regular
    Those are two really good points.

This lucky penny is bullshit.
    Hearthstone - Webber #1330
    3DS: 0920-3235-4071
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    SLyM wrote: »
    IMO, the big strength of buzzard hounds wasn't how many cards you drew, it was that you were drawing cards while also clearing a bunch of their board. Unleash the hounds just doesn't work against a full board on turn 8 nearly as well as it does on turn 5

Except that by turn 8 you'll likely have both your hunter's marks. UtH is actually an awful clear if you don't have marks, which is totally possible early on even with the current buzzard dig.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    But if you don't have the buzzard how are you going to get your marks by turn 8?

• Options
    I disagree. There are plenty of 2 health creatures you can reasonably expect to still have around on turn 5, particularly against zoo. Shattered suns, knife jugglers, flame imps, etc

• Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    how do I do Not Bad in Arena?

I seem to be doing mostly Bad.

• Options
    MrMonroe wrote: »
    how do I do Not Bad in Arena?

I seem to be doing mostly Bad.

Pick good cards.

Also pay attention to your curve. Shitty cards with a good curve will get you surprisingly far.

this is a pretty decent guide:
    http://www.liquidhearth.com/guides/arena-tier-list

• Options
    Arena is dumb, don't play Arena.

• Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    pick mage

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    You get good at arena by playing lots of arena and watching lots of videos of people playing arenas, including drafting. Trump is quite good, so is a lot of Hafu's drafts.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • Options
    TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    Sorry guys, I got Leeroy banned by finally crafting one.

That's on me.

PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    I can't believe how hard they nerfed Buzzard.

• Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    get fucked hunters

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    sarukun wrote: »
    I can't believe how hard they nerfed Buzzard.
    They'll probably buff it later with either the stats or the cost, they just want people to fucking stop with the buzzard combos.

• Options
    VicVic Registered User regular
    It does seem odd though. They buffed unleash the hounds from 4 mana to 2, only to bring it back up to 3 when that turned out to be too much. Now they are nerfing buzzard in a similarly extreme way, and I would be shocked not to see it buffed in a future patch.

They are clearly doing this on purpose, but I am not sure why.

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    im really happy about the changes because hunter and miracle are cancer and need to go away

• Options
    SorCSorC Registered User regular
    I think it's part of their balance methodology. Test the extremes first. If that works out, great, if not they can dial it down. They've done similar balance changes for Starcraft 2 but the extremes don't get though as much because they have pulic test servers for SC2.

11776-1.png
  • Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    If you buff up something to an extreme you change peoples minds on the use of that unit/spell/strategy, and even after you dial it back it's still a concept in peoples heads.

Feels like nerfing goes in the opposite direction.

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    they clearly wanted to kill buzzard

not just nerf it, make it completely unviable

why not just fucking delete the card so it doesn't gimp people in arena

• Options
    buff kidnapper

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    IsoldaeIsoldae Hats Off To JigglypuffRegistered User regular
    rip the miracle

xet8c.gif
  • Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    fucking Paladin deck

who needs this many 1-mana spells?

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    edited September 2014
    fucking Paladin deck

I made a miracle paladin deck after an arena paladin destroyed me with HoP+BoM on an auctioneer

it'd be a lot better if I'd ever played miracle before, but arcane golem + double might + faceless is still fun to pull off on occasion

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    fucking Paladin deck

...rogues?

TheStig on
  • Options
    kripp highlighted the upside of the nerfs, disenchanting leeroy and buzzard for fat dust

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    kripp highlighted the upside of the nerfs, disenchanting leeroy and buzzard for fat dust

isn't buzzard soulbound?

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    well its either 0 or 40 dust

so disenchanting leeroy

:s

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    buzzard is a basic card you can't de it

Beasteh on
This discussion has been closed.