Options

[Mass Effect] Is an awesome game. You should play it.

• Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    I'm amazed no one ever adopted the quarians or even gave them a shitty hand me down planet.

Thats kind of a giant humanitarian crisis floating around in space. Even with the mistakes of the geth going rogue, seems like the kind of thing the races would take notice of.

The Hanar could always use more indentured slaves, right?
    (talking about before the events of ME3 of course)

There were obviously colonizable planets about. Apparently, the Quarians were just "Rannoch or nothing!"

Also, some stuff about weak immune systems.

• Options
    Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    Sheploo is actually really well done in terms of the face model.

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • Options
    President RexPresident Rex Registered User regular
    hippofant wrote: »
    Cambiata wrote: »
    I dunno, they used a lot of 'highly attractive people' face modelling that worked fantastically, the most obvious one being Sheploo. But also Kaiden, Liara, Samara. Maybe it's because those other people are actual models? I don't know. I feel like those models were tweaked a bit more than Strahovski's model was, like they spent more time simplifying/cartoonifying them so that they looked less awkward as 3 d models.

Well. People poop on Ashley's model quite a bit too. And Allers. Samara and Liara are both alien, so it's harder to tell, but personally, I felt Liara's face was fine, but Samara's would weird me out on a human. Kelly, Traynor and Kaidan's faces look... better, but definitely really weird in certain shots. Just looking at the pictures in the ME Wiki, it's more that they look "okay" from the common angles you see them at in dialogue scenes, but for example, you can actually see the line that cuts Kelly's face from her cheek.

For me, a huge part of it is that I know what Yvonne Strahovski looks like on TV, and not the others, so Miranda weirds me out even more. (Also, she's a dyed blonde, so in my mind, she just has a wig on with front and back implants and lawd knows what else....)

Samara looks creepy and spaced out a lot of the time, which is also the sort of thing Allers gets when you looks back at the camera. Some of the problem is eye location. Allers' frequently look like they're rolling up through her head; Samara can usually get away with it. I think Liara is done surprisingly well, but she also seems to look different from 1 to 2 and 3.

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    I'm amazed no one ever adopted the quarians or even gave them a shitty hand me down planet.

Thats kind of a giant humanitarian crisis floating around in space. Even with the mistakes of the geth going rogue, seems like the kind of thing the races would take notice of.

There were obviously colonizable planets about. Apparently, the Quarians were just "Rannoch or nothing!"

They tried a couple times.

They just didn't ask the council first.

In political terms, that's what we call an 'oopsie'.

Kinda left them even less able to colonize planets than before.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    At sort of a crossroads.

A question concerning the citadel DLC and something in the first game.
    I'm at Virmire and I kind of want to go full on evil bastard and just shoot Wrex in the face because I never got to see any of the Wreav stuff in ME3 but I haven't played Citadel before, is it worth leaving Wrex alive to see him in the DLC?

Decisions..hmm.

It's worth playing the Citadel DLC with a save with Wrex, and a save without Wrex.

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Can someone spoiler what happens? I don't want to play through Citadel all over again just without Wrex.

• Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    Can someone spoiler what happens? I don't want to play through Citadel all over again just without Wrex.

All I know is that during the first part
    James is the one that saves you instead of Wrex. Not sure what happens during the party though.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    chiasaur11 wrote: »

They tried a couple times.

They just didn't ask the council first.

In political terms, that's what we call an 'oopsie'.

Kinda left them even less able to colonize planets than before.

Ah. My Google-fu reminds me of this, which I must've read at some point but forgot: http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Ekuna

• Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Ah crap. I lost my save. Forgot to back it up when I bought the new computer.

I figured I'd race through the main story with something that interests me like Vanguard, rather than the boring soldier I played last time.

Also game looks like crap and I've forgotten what mods I used to make it not look crap.

Help!

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    Phoenix138Phoenix138 ArizonaRegistered User regular
    Nocren wrote: »
    Dhalphir wrote: »

All I know is that during the first part
    James is the one that saves you instead of Wrex. Not sure what happens during the party though.

Yeah but
    James doesn't use the People's Elbow to save you so I'm not even sure what the point is.

• Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    Also game looks like crap and I've forgotten what mods I used to make it not look crap.

Help!

I haven't used this, but people in the thread were talking about it before, so it might be what you had: Mass Effect Updated Textures

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    As has been said so many times, I would pay such money for an ME1 with ME2+3 mechanics.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Started replaying. Not sure if I'll keep going, but for now I'm a vanguard. Figured out how to get 1080p running. Somehow it wouldn't let me scroll down to that option, I had to press down on the keyboard. ???? Odd.

Start is slow and the inventory is annoying me in a way it did not the first time around. I guess because I was learning.
    Now that I want to hurry through it...

I just had a quick look and it seems you can do a quick ini tweak to set your inventory limit to whatever you like.
    BioParty.iniEdit

InventoryEdit

[BIOC_Base.BioPlayerSquad]

m_nMaxInventoryItems=150
    m_nMaxInventoryWarningThreshold=135

Determines how large your inventory can get until you are required to reduce new items into omni-gel, and when the game will warn you about reaching the limit.

9999 sounds like a good number...

Fixing the stupid inventory size would go a long way to making a runthrough smooth since you can just pickup whatever you like and only fiddle with the inventory when you feel like it rather than being forced to every five seconds.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    I think it lags if you have too much stuff in your inventory?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I'll burn that bridge when I come to it.

Btw what is causing the aliased glowing outline around the edges of objects when there is light behind them? Can I fix that? It's...really bad.

• Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    I think it lags if you have too much stuff in your inventory?

I've never experienced lag with the inventory, and my typical size is 2000 items.

• Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    I'll burn that bridge when I come to it.

Btw what is causing the aliased glowing outline around the edges of objects when there is light behind them? Can I fix that? It's...really bad.

There's a partial fix for that, depending on the video card you're using.

Here's what I found if you have an nVidia card:

The following nVidia Inspector settings will get rid of the shimmering that occurs with some of the textures due to downsampling:

Antialiasing
    • Mode -- override application settings
    • Setting -- 8x CSAA (4 color + 4 cv samples)
    • Transparency Multisampling -- enabled
    • Transparency Supersamping -- 8x Sparse Grid Supersampling (that's the SGSSAA part in the readme...)

Texture Filtering
    • Anisotropic filtering mode -- User-defined/off
    • Anisotropic filter setting -- 16x
    • LOD Bias (DX) -- -1.375

I haven't had a chance to experiment extensively, but it seemed to work reasonably well for getting rid of shimmering from my Shep's freckles.

Settings found here while I was trying to figure out wtf SGSSAA was: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/17039-How-To-Highest-graphic-quality-on-NVidia-cards-(SGSSAA)

• Options
    PriestPriest Registered User regular
    I have a terrible admission to make.

I've never played any class other than soldier. And I've done ME1-ME3 about 6-9 times.

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Priest wrote: »

I've never played any class other than soldier. And I've done ME1-ME3 about 6-9 times.

I just had a predictive flash!
    It was the word 'Vanguard', appearing over and over again. I wonder what it means.

I actually had a lot of fun with Infiltrator, but I just love snipers.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular

You're missing out.

Playin god with biotic powers is pretty fun.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    Blackbird SR-71CBlackbird SR-71C Registered User regular

Wait

Does that mean you never played multiplayer?

:|
    :|

steam_sig.png
    Steam ID: 76561198021298113
    Origin ID: SR71C_Blackbird

• Options
    Yeah, you owe it to yourself to play an adept or other biotic in ME1 and a vanguard in 2/3.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    PriestPriest Registered User regular
    I just could never get myself not to play a soldier because squadmates in ME1 are terrible shots, and if I needed Biotics, well, that's what blueberries are for. Then I could never will myself to change my class between ME1/2 and 2/3 because it messed with the continuity in my mind, even though it doesn't even matter.

That, and with Bonus powers in ME3, I got a biotic power anywho~

RE: Blackbird & Multiplayer. Nope, never played it. Online multiplayer shooters don't interest me, have no desire to listen to racist, annoying little pissants gloat about how good of a shot they are in a pixelated target range. I even have trouble with the MMO genre these days because of the terrible communities. Which also means that MOBAs are verboten.

• Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    RE: Blackbird & Multiplayer. Nope, never played it. Online multiplayer shooters don't interest me, have no desire to listen to racist, annoying little pissants gloat about how good of a shot they are in a pixelated target range. I even have trouble with the MMO genre these days because of the terrible communities. Which also means that MOBAs are verboten.

Were you aware that the MP in ME3 is actually cooperative and in no way competitive? Not one single person on there has ever slept with my mom. Hell, it's rare to even hear someone talk at all.

• Options
    Kick_04Kick_04 Registered User regular
    After reading the past 3 pages, I've decided going to redownload ME1 & ME2 tonight. I am missing Arrival, Leviathan, Omega, & Citadel for DLC, not sure if I will buy all. Might do Citadel & Leviathan.

ME1 I only beat once, ME2 I beat about 5-6 times, ME3 I beat once... I've done Soldier, Sentinel, & Infiltrator. Infiltrator is normally my favorite class to play, snipe people in the face from across the map.... Think this play through I'll do either Adept or Engineer.

My plan will be to save Wrex & Kaiden in ME1. ME2 I normally save everyone but will probably kill Jack & Jacob and think I'll pick Morinth this time around. The rest of the decisions I'll make as I go.

PSN id - kickyoass1
    PaD id - 346,240,298
    Marvel FF - Lil bill12
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    I just could never get myself not to play a soldier because squadmates in ME1 are terrible shots, and if I needed Biotics, well, that's what blueberries are for. Then I could never will myself to change my class between ME1/2 and 2/3 because it messed with the continuity in my mind, even though it doesn't even matter.

That, and with Bonus powers in ME3, I got a biotic power anywho~

Are you on PC or Xbox? If PC, there are plenty of us you can add to your friends' list and you never have to listen do stupid pugs!

But also: I have never had a truly awful experience with ME multiplayer pugs. Like sometimes people are unskilled, but people swearing and spewing racism or homophobia or sexism? Not once. I think it helps that the multiplayer is not PVP.

Really though, you are super double-plus missing out. I'm not a fan of the online experience 99% of the time, either. Mass Effect multi is special.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    Blackbird SR-71CBlackbird SR-71C Registered User regular
    Out of over 500 hours put into MP, there was exactly ONE match where I had someone who was being a dick. Insulting everyone and being a racist while he was at it.

So I left the match. Never before or after encountered anyone like said person.

steam_sig.png
    Steam ID: 76561198021298113
    Origin ID: SR71C_Blackbird

• Options
    envoy1envoy1 the old continentRegistered User regular
    Take it from me, I had massive misgivings about MP before ME3 came out (even threatening to burn my ME games or some juvenile goosery like that), but it's been an awesome addition to the game. It's all cooperative, it's crazy fun and has a nice learning curve. With PA peeps it's the best.

• Options
    edited April 2014
    I just could never get myself not to play a soldier because squadmates in ME1 are terrible shots

Secretly, the trained pistol is the best weapon in ME1, and you still have access to it as some of the biotic classes.

And as for relying on your teammates, toward the end of ME1, I could run into a prefab on my adept and spam my entire power bar, hurling everyone up, down, around, and by the time I got to my 8th power, my 1st power was recharged.

It is glorious.

SoundsPlush on
    s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    envoy1 wrote: »
    Take it from me, I had massive misgivings about MP before ME3 came out (even threatening to burn my ME games or some juvenile goosery like that), but it's been an awesome addition to the game. It's all cooperative, it's crazy fun and has a nice learning curve. With PA peeps it's the best.

Yeah this is me. I was so worried about the MP. I was sure it would ruin the game. I was sure it would fart all over my lovely single player experience. Turns out the single player was the one who laid the deuce (ie stupid ending), while the MP continues to be the funnest thing ever.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    Just beat ME1 again which means I can move on to the gooey caramel center of the trilogy with the second and third game.

Going to play abit of ME2 and then try my hand at some ME3 multiplayer for the first time tonight. Putting my origin ID in my sig, feel free to add me.

(I'm on the PC version)

• Options
    I'm a vanguard. Jedi with a shotgun.

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    GOD DAMN IT ME2 FUCKING WORK ALREADY

FUCK YOU ORIGIN FUCK YOOOOOUUUUUUU

*twitch*

• Options
    GOD DAMN IT ME2 FUCKING WORK ALREADY

FUCK YOU ORIGIN FUCK YOOOOOUUUUUUU

*twitch*
    Did you try importing your ME1 save with the config tool?

That fucked me right over, Origin wouldn't launch ME2 after that until I tried one of the suggestions on this page

Dragon Age is already unplayable on the service for me, thankfully I was able to salvage this game.

• Options
    edited April 2014
    Welp I'm running through the game right.

I appear to have run straight into death.

I remember doing a lot of missions before this fight.
    Liara's dig site, the big ambush. I'm probably too low level for this. I went straight there because the game said it would be a good idea.
    I'm getting one shotted here.
    The game lied.

Anyone know any tricks? This fight is really brutal and I can't even run away or take cover. I'm not sure what to do because I don't remember enough about the game.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular

Liara's dig site, the big ambush. I'm probably too low level for this. I went straight there because the game said it would be a good idea.
    The game lied.

Anyone know any tricks? This fight is really brutal and I can't even run away or take cover. I'm not sure what to do because I don't remember enough about the game.

run away from the krogan, try to disable/hack the geth snipers ASAP (like, immediately), and avoid the environmental stuff (I think that gas was bad, right?). Equip anti-healing ammo if you've got any.

And drop the difficulty if necessary. That fight, if you go there first like you did, is probably among the toughest in the damned trilogy.

• Options
    edited April 2014
    Bobble wrote: »

The game lied.

run away from the krogan, try to disable/hack the geth snipers ASAP (like, immediately), and avoid the environmental stuff (I think that gas was bad, right?). Equip anti-healing ammo if you've got any.

And drop the difficulty if necessary. That fight, if you go there first like you did, is probably among the toughest in the damned trilogy.

Ah shit.

That means I'm gonna need to like, use their pausing system and control my squadmates and whatnot aren't I.

That means I have to think.

I'm going to need some coffee.

Are the snipers the ones jumping around?

Morninglord on
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    Run around like a little bitch, kill the geth, load up shredder/fire rounds (if you managed to find some) to help against the krogan...

Or is this the fight against the geth BEFORE the dig site with the Armature?

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Uh I'll take a screenshot.

This is the place.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=249299612

This is the abilities of me and my crew.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=249299693

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=249299730

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=249299759

I set my crew to autolevel for this runthrough so I don't have to think too much.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    htmhtm Registered User regular

The game lied.

Yeah, that fight is a pain. Especially since the cutscene isn't really skippable.

The way I do it is to try to use some sort of CC on the krogan leader and then use whatever DPS cooldowns I have to kill the geth rocket troopers ASAP. If you can get the rocket troopers down early, it dramatically reduces your odds of instant death. Then, if you have Wrex or Ashley in your party, sic them on the big Krogan before the CC wears off. They're both fairly sturdy, so if the big Krogan sticks to them and they don't also get nailed by a rocket guy, they can usually survive long enough to kite him a while. While Ashley/Wrex are kiting the big guy around, Shep and your other crewperson should be mopping up the little geth/krogans. Once they're dead, finish off the big guy.

Also, pause and play and is your friend there. Don't try to do it all in real time. Unpause, let a second or so go by, pause again and adjust. Repeat ad nauseam, and you should be able to keep your mans from doing anything stupid and get the optimum re-use out of your cooldowns.