Options

Neotoma Presents: The Last Gloss Standing

• Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    oh do I need to straight up state my power? I thought it was just hallowed in general.

what I wrote was what went through Rust's mind right after touching the stone

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Plague? Yeah that could work

If you can dig up a mention in the bible you can use it

what about summoning rabid she-bears

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited April 2014
    a prophet did that though so maybe that would be more of a blessed thing

then again God's the one who did the locusts

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Nah Hallowed is Hallowed. It just seems like some people want to focus more on some specific uses

And speed did you not read my rule post I totally mentioned female black bears
    Edit:But only in the case of cursed baldness

Bluedude152 on
    p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    so should I pick a specific use for my power and write that up somehow, or just keep with what i posted?

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Say I wanted to go paladin type: healing and shielding, but also flaming holy weapon, would that be covered under blessed?

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    Andros Swiftsword (Swordsman +1) (Liar +1) (Rat Snout -1) (Held: )

Andros craves an A and an S into the ticks flesh.

"Good work team! Through my leadership we have persevered."

• Options
    Oghulk wrote: »
    so should I pick a specific use for my power and write that up somehow, or just keep with what i posted?
    Nah don't box yourself in. Anything I posted under the Blessed tag is kosher, just use the powers how you see fit.

Say I wanted to go paladin type: healing and shielding, but also flaming holy weapon, would that be covered under blessed?
    Yours is the power that aids others. Barriers, illusions, rays of light, expelling of foreign bodies, summoning female black bears to kill young children who curse your baldness, and gust of wind that can split the sea. But this great power comes at the cost of great sacrifice.
    Probably

I have a feeling im going to be dealing out the very very bad consequences within a turn at this rate

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    oh, man i completely misread that thing as well.
    I thought we had to get like a focus or something.
    Cool. Cool cool cool.

• Options
    edited April 2014
    Nope

Just got to choose between blessed or hallowed

Bluedude152 on
    p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    DE?ADDE?AD Registered User regular
    Neo, does this mean you'll be joining back in on Silver?

Or better yet, A Van?

• Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    [Dom José Marcos Sempavor de Évora do Ouro (Zezé)] [Fiery +1][Noble +1][Missing Arm]
    I: Cavalry Sabre

From the grit of the dirt floor José leaps up. The shares hallucination did not bring as much shock as the taste in his mouth now spat on the dirt. In the silent moment when everyone comes to terms with what they just saw José walks over to the crystal. He only stares at it with suspicious eyes until Jerry speaks up. Taking it more as a suggestion than a warning he places a hand on the surface of the crystal.

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    Duuuuke pick between the powers

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Jeremiah Candlebrough

"Oh god why?!", Jerry wails as he throws himself to the ground.

• Options
    Dr. Samuel D'imirius[Charlatan +1][Doctor? +1]B]Hallowed[/B

The good doctor's knees buckle. Not as if the world has shifted no. Much more like, a great an terrible weight had been placed upon his back that he had best to brace himself, lest he be crushed by it.

"I am...I am burdened with glorious purpose."

For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places.

~Ephesians 6:12

• Options
    eh, not the best post. but something I guess.
    DE?AD wrote: »
    Neo, does this mean you'll be joining back in on Silver?

Or better yet, A Van?

Hmmm. Still have no idea to be useful in Silver. But I'm in.
    Still in the Van too. Out of ideas for what do next in that game as well.

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    [Jennie Crais] [Cowgirl +1] [Whip Master +1] [Blessed]
    i: handmade whip

Jennie takes a moment to look at her hands. Just to make sure they're still there. She's not sure why the wouldn't be, but it somehow helps assure her that she's still in one piece after...whatever that was.

"So...did you all see that too? Or was I the only one that went temporarily crazy?"

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Everyone is hallowed

Its a disco inferno

Edit: Actually, stilts do you got the wrong one. You chose hallowed, but colored it light blue. Thats the color for blessed

Bluedude152 on
    p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    I had to get in quick to get the best seats in this handbasket

• Options
    Yeah, whoops, meant to type Blessed.

Just got back from a long work shift, so I'm kind of out-of-it.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Shit happens

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    so how do we do the order for players and such?

• Options
    Thats the nice part

You don't worry about it!

First come first serve

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Lily Black [Pretty+1] [Smith+1] [Blessed]
    I: Smithing hammer

Lily's hand comes away from the crystal, shock upon her face, and she staggers and catches herself on the table. Tightening her grip on her hammer, she finds comfort in the feeling as her knuckles whiten.

"No, Jennie. Ah reckon you ain't."

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    "AGGH!"

He can fill the warm liquid dribbling down his face, seeping through his lips. He can taste the iron on his tongue. But no matter how many times he dabs his lip the handkerchief stays clean.

"Sir, I keep trying to tell you, you're not bleeding. Your nose isn't broken. Here, look." She takes out a compact mirror and puts it up to his face. No blood, no bruise, no sign of injury at all. Even now he can feel the skin around his nose swelling, the incredible pain of the cartiledge snapped out of place. And the constant feeling of dripping blood. He bats the mirror away and continues down the hall.

"What the fuck did he do to me then?!" he growls. Instinctively he spits to clear the blood out of his mouth. The blood that's not there.

"Neurological manipulation is the entire basis of the experiment, sir. When Breaker Eagle's AR projection punched you in the face, your brain interpreted that as real. In fact, the force of the neurological attack was so strong, that now your brain is generating new sensory experiences to be consistent with that feeling. Hence, you feel like you have a broken nose, even though you don't."

"I'll fucking kill him. Piece of shit scrambled my god damn brain. I--" a coughing fit interrupts him. He doubles over, and she stops, a hand resting on his back. His hand reaches for his neck and adjusts the valve connectd to his throat. In a moment, he finds a setting that lets him breathe more easily. He closes his eyes and breathes in.

"Jennifer, how did he even get to me. How in the hell did he manage to survive destroying his own nanites?" She takes a small step back, an unreadable expression flashing across her face.

"W-well, sir, I haven't had time to fully review the data." She pauses. He's not going to take that for an answer. "But, as far as I can tell, he was able to tap into some lower-level processes as soon as his nanites detected the damage. Fundamentally, Breaker Eagle's a program running on a state-of-the-art computer. He can carry out billions of processes a second. If he's not interfacing with his human body, his reaction time is exponentially higher than that of a human being. So, as soon as the program realized its error, it managed to use its network connection to jump onto our servers, and then transmit itself to Blade Jaguar's nanites. And from there, it was easy for him to reverse the process to hack your own connection and attack you. With how spotty the connection was, with the thunderstorm and everything, the whole thing was a million to one shot. The short answer is, he just got lucky."

"Like hell he did." He's even speaking in a voice as though his nostrils were closed. "By the time I'm done with him, he'll wish he had peacefully offed himself. Fucker. And as for you," he points a finger at Jennifer, accusingly. "After this presentation I want you to clear out your fucking desk. You are done." He storms down the hall, and she stops for a moment, a lump caught in her throat. Her brow furrows, and her lips tighten.

"We'll see about that."

Tarantula stares at your group, mouth open slightly, jaw set. "You're a bunch of idiots. Did we like, fuckin' score too highly on the Competence and Attention Span scores when they made us, so they turned that shit down for you guys or something?

"Anyway, since me and Mosquito are the two most senior members here, we're obviously the ones in charge. Since you dorks are gonna be the ones doing the actual missions, I guess we're going to need to pay for those personal EMP field. I agree with Jaguar that we should funnel most of the budget out from Mayfield's creepy weird, uh, simulator... thing." If Rachel had been programmed with a memory of having seen The Matrix, she probably would have made a reference to it right there. She hasn't, though. Seems like we're mostly in agreement about finding a better base than this dump, but we need to decide if we're headed back to America or bookin' passage to Africa. Getting to South Africa's obviously going to be a lot harder, but on the other hand, you guys won't be wanted... treason... committers, there. Treasoners? Whatever, you know what I mean."

Need at least 3 people to sign up for [Quartering of Troops], and everyone else, vote on whether you're going on [Freedom of Expression] or [The Right to Bear Arms]. You can't do both because I don't wanna update three different missions at once.

Also I forgot to toss a thank you to @GoldenSeducer for playing the voice of Spotlight Mosquito

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    also unless i hear otherwise I'm assuming that @Tommy2Hands and @MacGuffin have both dropped out

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Lily's hand comes away from the crystal, shock upon her face, and she staggers and catches herself on the table. Tightening her grip on her hammer, she finds comfort in the feeling as her knuckles whiten and then burst into a brilliant blue flame.

We lose too many good apprentices this way.

• Options
    discrider wrote: »
    Lily's hand comes away from the crystal, shock upon her face, and she staggers and catches herself on the table. Tightening her grip on her hammer, she finds comfort in the feeling as her knuckles whiten and then burst into a brilliant blue flame.

We lose too many good apprentices this way.

Good thing she's not an apprentice, anymore.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Rust Diamond [Archivist] [Hallowed] [Shadowy+1][Well Read+1]
    (I: Magnifying Glass)
    (I: Pistol)

Rust looks around and sees by the ghostly appearance on everyone's faces that they too saw what he did.

"I really hope all that disaster is behind us and not before us."

• Options
    A very late in the year paper assignment and finals have gotten a hold of me, so a Dust post might not come out as fast as it usually does

Ill try to write one up quick when I have free time/am in a sane state of mind

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    HEY HEY HEY HEY HEY HEY HEY

tell me what mission we're doin'

• Options
    Sorry speed everyone is posting in the good game now

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    I am a terrible gloss player and have not saved links to every and each post for future reference, could I get a link back to the mission listing?

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Jeremiah reads the manual

The Cotton Picker is the height of efficiency for the modern farmer. To start it simply drop cotton into the....

Jose applies his hand to the crystal.

Its warm, and still glows, but nothing extraordinarily happens.

Spoiler for help in case you need some help on what to do

You should probably figure out what to do with the crystal.

There is also still the matter of justice being brought to Mcvey

Bluedude152 on
    p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Basically, this point in the plot is you guys deciding how you are going to decide to handle the plot from here on out and/or pairing off into groups of like minded individuals.

Or you say fuck that, and have me keep feeding you missions (more than I already will be honestly) till shit goes wrong™

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    cotton

tilling

my god, it's a farming RPG

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    Use pitchfork for 2+d6

Throw cow manure for 3+d4

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Duke 2.0 wrote: »
    I am a terrible gloss player and have not saved links to every and each post for future reference, could I get a link back to the mission listing?

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XwS4h0rRVg80YpO7zlKgI7ofVCeqAcsE30Bu6u67Hgc/edit

• Options
    edited May 2014
    [Jennie Crais] [Cowgirl +1] [Whip Master +1] [Blessed]
    i: handmade whip

"Okay, well, that mass hallucination aside, we've got plenty of evidence to stick Mcvey in jail for quite a while. And we should probably get that crystal looked at by a...uh...do we have a gemcutter or something like that in this town? Someone who knows their rocks?"

Eden del Bosque Blade Jaguar (Swords +1) (Stealth +1)

Jaguar signs up for [The Right to Bear Arms].

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    DE?ADDE?AD Registered User regular
    Sorry for the delayed updates, everybody - busy, busy, busy.

I'll try to get a big update done Friday morning.

Also, big, sloppy thanks to everybody who bought a copy of [%]!