Options

Who is the Winter Soldier? (And other [Superhero Movies])

• Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    Is it too on-the-nose to nominate CM Punk for The Thing

• Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    Wait, no, Colt Cabana

Colt Cabana as The Thing

• Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    Guys.

You're all missing the big picture....

...THEY GAVE MICHELANGELO THE WRONG FUCKING WEAPON.

I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Guys.

The turtles often use different but similar weapons in different incarnations

Leonardo and mikey have both switched between a few

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    Guys.

Nope. Not my turtles. Doesn't happen. Nooooope.

Nuh-uh.

I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Guys.

Nope. Not my turtles. Doesn't happen. Nooooope.

Nuh-uh.

Leo has used katana and ninja-to/ninjaken

Mikey has used a kusari gama

Donnie has used several polearms and a three section staff

Chincymcchilla on
    I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    LegbaLegba He did. Registered User regular
    Keith wrote: »
    Bucketman wrote: »
    I don't know how I feel about The Rock being Ben Grimm. I mean, despite the Puntastic name, I just see Ben as a little more townie wisecracking newsie guy.

Dwayne Johnson is fantastic in everything he does.

I watched Journey 2 The Mysterious Island not too long ago and it's just the best. The Rock and Loius Guzman are hamming it up big time and having a blast.

Is it a good movie? No. But it has the berry popping scene which is just so ridiculous it's hard not to love.

http://youtu.be/apQPaduDRVw

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    You guys realize have two nunchucks is useless right

Like it's probably a good thing they changed it, you straight up can't use them properly that way

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    I don't care about proper nunchuk use, though

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    I demand my giant mutant turtles be accurate as possible in their use of weapons

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    I demand my giant mutant turtles be accurate as possible in their use of weapons

Rice farming?

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Dedwrekka wrote: »

Rice farming?

Can we get tonfa too?

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    mikey had to use a grappling hook in the cartoon instead of nunchaku

would you prefer that

• Options
    Antimatter wrote: »
    mikey had to use a grappling hook in the cartoon instead of nunchaku

would you prefer that

Only in england

• Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    Technically, isn't using two sai wrong as well? You're supposed to use a sai to support your real weapon (the sai is for disarming or breaking your opponent's weapon if I remember right). But the original TMNT were basing a bunch of stuff off the Daredevil comics, and since Elektra used twin sai, so did one of the turtles.

Anyways, I remember nunchucks used to be really problematic in certain countries, which is why the original 80s cartoon had Mikey stop using them after the first season (instead just using the grappling hook that they all carried) so that they could sell the cartoon in those countries. Is this still the case? If so, it may influence them changing Mikey's weapon.

• Options
    Lars wrote: »
    Technically, isn't using two sai wrong as well? You're supposed to use a sai to support your real weapon (the sai is for disarming or breaking your opponent's weapon if I remember right). But the original TMNT were basing a bunch of stuff off the Daredevil comics, and since Elektra used twin sai, so did one of the turtles.

Anyways, I remember nunchucks used to be really problematic in certain countries, which is why the original 80s cartoon had Mikey stop using them after the first season (instead just using the grappling hook that they all carried) so that they could sell the cartoon in those countries. Is this still the case? If so, it may influence them changing Mikey's weapon.

Nope, that was only in certain areas, mostly england, Mikey used the nunchucks in all the seasons, and it hasn't been that way sense then

Also they were never "problematic", it was just a weird censorship sticking point

• Options
    According to wikipedia, sai were used in pairs, so I don't remember where I got the thing about it being a support weapon from.

Also, Mikey definitely did not use his nunchucks in all seasons. He may have gone back to using them in later seasons, but there was a long period of time where he only used the grappling hook, even outside of England.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    wJbtQsJ.jpg

Hiro and Baymax from Big Hero 6.

Y'know I always think Guardians is the craziest comic movie we've gotten but then I remember Big Hero Six has had, maybe, 12 issues in their entire history and one of their members is named Fredzilla and we are getting a movie.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Javier Bardem being cast as Dr. Doom is so fucking perfect you guys holy shit.

• Options
    Oh wow, nearly 25 years later and I'm just now finding out that the first TMNT movie had an alternate (or extended) ending:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzcbXm6gvnY

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    wJbtQsJ.jpg

Y'know I always think Guardians is the craziest comic movie we've gotten but then I remember Big Hero Six has had, maybe, 12 issues in their entire history and one of their members is named Fredzilla and we are getting a movie.

Less than 25 appearances total. Including cameos!

Also, those are nice designs. Looks like the film's going to be aesthetically pleasing.

• Options
    chiasaur11 wrote: »
    wJbtQsJ.jpg

Also, those are nice designs. Looks like the film's going to be aesthetically pleasing.
    It's actually way less than that!

As far as I can tell there were 3 issues of the original Sunfire and Big Hero 6, then the 5 issue Claremont mini, then they had a story in the Ends of the Earth one-shot by Brian Clevinger (which was really good) and then 3 appearances in Alpha Flight and a cameo in Thunderbolts.

Everything else was in those Marvel Universe Handbook-esque things Marvel used to put out for events.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    chiasaur11 wrote: »
    wJbtQsJ.jpg

It's actually way less than that!

As far as I can tell there were 3 issues of the original Sunfire and Big Hero 6, then the 5 issue Claremont mini, then they had a story in the Ends of the Earth one-shot by Brian Clevinger (which was really good) and then 3 appearances in Alpha Flight and a cameo in Thunderbolts.

Everything else was in those Marvel Universe Handbook-esque things Marvel used to put out for events.

I was including the handbook-esque things.

But yes. Super obscure. I was a fan before the movie came out, which made the fact they're making a movie feel very, very weird.

• Options
    I really like the team in theory but I tried to read the Claremont miniseries on Unlimited and...it is not great.

Really great, creative superpowers though.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Yeah, I hope the movie leads to a good comic for that team. Put Brian Clevinger or Chris Hastings on it.

• Options
    Yeah, I hope the movie leads to a good comic for that team. Put Brian Clevinger or Chris Hastings on it.
    I've been wondering where Clevinger has been in Marvel Now since he's worked with them a bit recently and it seems like the perfect place for him to launch an ongoing.

I am hoping they're saving him for Big Hero 6 and/or Ant-Man.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    I really like the team in theory but I tried to read the Claremont miniseries on Unlimited and...it is not great.

Really great, creative superpowers though.

Claremont mini is eh, but not terrible. The other one is, from what I've seen, worse.

I'll admit my liking is mainly based on the Clevinger one shot. But it was a damn fine one shot.

• Options
    I forgot to check Brevoort's tumblr this week and oh dang there are a few little nice tidbits of info on there:

On Galactus' appearance/size (seemingly confirming the whole EVERYONE SEES HIM DIFFERENTLY version):
    As a cosmic entity, Galactus is perceived by human beings in a manner their minds can understand—his true form is beyond our ability to comprehend. Consequently, his relative size is variable, and he can change it at will.

Confirms that Jason Aaron's teased book(s) that he can't talk about yet is (are) for Marvel.

Creators get royalties from Marvel Unlimited subscriptions.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    As for where the Celestials, etc. were during Thor 2. I figure it's like that scene in Thanos Imperative where someone asks why they weren't doing anything at the Fault. So Silver Surfer or someone else says they are, you just can't perceive it on their level. Cut to a Celestial's head exploding, etc.

They were around but figured let the Asgardians clean up their mess themselves. If they failed, then they'd intervene.

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Nunchuks are cool

Therefore two Nunchuks is twice as cool. Maybe even cooler than that!

This is the mind of the child who is going to watch this children's film and if the whole world argues with them the whole world is wrong

• Options
    edited March 2014
    Also, it's Mikey who has the nunchuks.

Michelangelo is not the turtle you go to for proper weapon handling advice.

chiasaur11 on
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    As for where the Celestials, etc. were during Thor 2. I figure it's like that scene in Thanos Imperative where someone asks why they weren't doing anything at the Fault. So Silver Surfer or someone else says they are, you just can't perceive it on their level. Cut to a Celestial's head exploding, etc.

They were around but figured let the Asgardians clean up their mess themselves. If they failed, then they'd intervene.

The Celestials, Galactus, Aegis and Tenebrous were all there but it looked like they were just standing around. Surfer explains they are already engaged in battle on an abstract level, then Aegis explodes with many-angled ones.

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    3355572-2iascxu.jpg

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Is that when the cancerverse is pushing through?

Why do I remember there being a part of that sequence where Galactus is the last major power holding out after the other abstracts have fled the scene? Or was it just him who was holding back fucked-up Cancer Galactus

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Yeah that is the Cancerverse

And it isn't a fucked up Cancer Galactus so much as they killed Galactus and turned into a terrifying engine ship of destruction with Galactus' skull face on the front

I think that the Abstracts of the regular Universe suffered quite a few casualties there until the Annihilators and Guardians rolled in to save the day

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    So Sub-Mariner: The Depths is a really cool mini-series, you guys. Check it out.

• Options
    CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Yep (About the Cancerverse)

Crimsondude on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Arrow speculation/spoilers
    They waited to reveal Episode 19's title, saying it's a bit of a spoiler. It's "The Man Under the Hood"

Episode 20 is "Seeing Red"

Maybe Jason Todd is showing up? They said they wanted Nightwing before, and Red Hood would probably fit in better.

That would make very little sense without VASTLY expanding their current universe

Not really.
    They've already got Huntress and Ra's al Ghul, both predominantly Batman related characters. They could easily do Jason Todd as The Red Hood without him ever being Robin.

Update
    The actors that play Vibe and Killer Frost on Flash are in the episode

I forgot that Episode 20 ("Seeing Red") was also originally going to be the backdoor pilot for The Flash. So now I don't know what to expect

This discussion has been closed.