Options

[Titanfall]

• Options
    MusicoolMusicool Registered User regular
    Guardian Chip 40mm is surprisingly effective against Pilots.

Burtletoy wrote: »
    I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • Options
    mrflippymrflippy Registered User regular
    I have a video from a while back of my titan getting punched while I was dashing backward and sliding all the way across the map and off the side. I should sort through my game clips and upload that.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Couple clips here, first one is all from the same game. Got lucky quite a few times.
    http://youtu.be/LGggnFmZQrY
    In this one, Charge Rifle sniping makes a come back
    http://youtu.be/S1l7usVk9Fc

• Options
    HibernusHibernus Registered User regular
    212Attrition_zps4f051422.jpg

And that's about as deep down the rabbit hole as I'll ever be able to get I imagine.

• Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    Hmm, one of the updates tanked loading times for me. Decided to play today for the first time in a month, and my PC has gone from loading before everyone has even connected, to spending 1-2 minutes loading which means I don't get to use a burn card on my first life.

• Options
    DiplominatorDiplominator Hardcore Porg Registered User regular
    Oh my god this changes everything

You can still do the big punch speed thing when crouched.

• Options
    LavaKnightLavaKnight Registered User regular
    Hibernus wrote: »
    [img]http://i983.photobucket.com/albums/ae318/OrtusPhoenix/212Attrition_zps4f051422.jpg[img And that's about as deep down the rabbit hole as I'll ever be able to get I imagine.[/img]

Bravo

• Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l05HJ8oVWHg
    Insignias, New AI voices, and New game mode. Exclusive Insignia for people who got/get 50 Goosers. Also new 2v2 LTS mode, sounds awesome. Updates to how matchmaking works. All non-map DLC is free.

• Options
    DarkMechaDarkMecha The Outer SpaceRegistered User regular
    edited June 2014
    So I notice this is on sale, 50 bucks for the game + season pass. Seriously thinking about getting it at that price. (On PC if that matters.) - Worth it?

DarkMecha on
    Steam Profile | My Art | NID: DarkMecha (SW-4787-9571-8977) | PSN: DarkMecha
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    I have this now and I'm loving it. I'm almost done with the first run of the campaign. Need more troops. My origin ID is weavermatic.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    DarkMecha wrote: »
    So I notice this is on sale, 50 bucks for the game + season pass. Seriously thinking about getting it at that price. (On PC if that matters.) - Worth it?

I have a hard time saying yes to PC. The game itself is absolutely balls-to-the-wall fun, but the problem is that the community on PC has basically migrated to whatever the hell PC gamers are playing nowadays (probably DOTA or WoW or something). That isn't to say you won't find a game but, depending on the game mode, you'll be stuck in queue for 10-15 minutes at a time.

• Options
    programjunkieprogramjunkie Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    urahonky wrote: »

I have a hard time saying yes to PC. The game itself is absolutely balls-to-the-wall fun, but the problem is that the community on PC has basically migrated to whatever the hell PC gamers are playing nowadays (probably DOTA or WoW or something). That isn't to say you won't find a game but, depending on the game mode, you'll be stuck in queue for 10-15 minutes at a time.

I only play attrition, but I've been online at like 4 am and still found games. That said, around 4:30 AM EST, you will wait around 3ish minutes, but that's the only time I've even seen an inkling of issues. And as many newer players as I run into, it's clear people are still filtering in.

I am a bit surprised it isn't the biggest FPS community, because what the fuck else are people going to play? It's the best FPS by a league out right now. I guess there are the people who never moved on from CS, but still, god damn.

programjunkie on
  • Options
    urahonky wrote: »

I only play attrition, but I've been online at like 4 am and still found games. That said, around 4:30 AM EST, you will wait around 3ish minutes, but that's the only time I've even seen an inkling of issues. And as many newer players as I run into, it's clear people are still filtering in.

I am a bit surprised it isn't the biggest FPS community, because what the fuck else are people going to play? It's the best FPS by a league out right now. I guess there are the people who never moved on from CS, but still, god damn.

Yeah I tire of Attrition... It's the only game mode that has a population. I'm guessing people went back to CS like you said. This really is the best FPS out on PC right now... But people have issues with Origin so I suspect that might have something to do with it.

• Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    CS and TF2 are pretty much where alot of the PC shooter community stays.

I think a big part of it is that because those games are so cheap (either being budget titles or free) it's hard for alot of players to pony up £40 for new titles when odds are (because their friends didn't grab the new title either) they'll be back to playing TF2/CS a month later.

• Options
    ConstrictorConstrictor The Dork Knight SuburbialandRegistered User regular
    I just picked this up on PC during the sale. Is there any resource that explains what the unlocks are, lists the weapons and describes what they do, explains all of this gen stuff, etc?

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l05HJ8oVWHg
    Insignias, New AI voices, and New game mode. Exclusive Insignia for people who got/get 50 Goosers. Also new 2v2 LTS mode, sounds awesome. Updates to how matchmaking works. All non-map DLC is free.

I killed 50 pilots and I got a Gus Goose icon as a prize! That is actually neat.

Did they mention new achievements?

edit: WINGMAN in Titanfall? :|:|:|

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    edited June 2014
    Titanfall tweeted out some new burn cards

I'm glad they are bringing out some cards for Titan loadouts. They all look like they can help underused weapons, except for Turbo Engine, that's just damn useful

Magell on
  • Options
    Snake GandhiSnake Gandhi Des Moines, IARegistered User regular
    Amped Partical Wall looks pretty cool.

• Options
    I missed the flavor text for Amped Rocket Salvo until just now. It's now my second favorite flavor text behind Amped Hemlock.

• Options
    Here's where I get punched off the edge:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzeQBlwlP5g

And here is my archer rocket missing, then looping back around and killing me:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqsRDM6A5r4

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    Huh.

I didn't know it could loop around like that.

• Options
    Huh.

I didn't know it could loop around like that.

Yeah, I was pretty surprised myself.

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    So ah, playing in Australia, and you simply cannot get a game, on Xbox one, on anything but attrition. Like not even hard point, on hard point for the last week and a half I have been unable to find a single game. I'm in Australia so likely this has something to do with it, but goddamn is it disappointing and disheartening to see the game be this unpopular so quickly.

Even variety mode on the dlc I can't find a single game

Prohass on
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Prohass wrote: »
    So ah, playing in Australia, and you simply cannot get a game, on Xbox one, on anything but attrition. Like not even hard point, on hard point for the last week and a half I have been unable to find a single game. I'm in Australia so likely this has something to do with it, but goddamn is it disappointing and disheartening to see the game be this unpopular so quickly.

Even variety mode on the dlc I can't find a single game

Same story here, except on 360. Up to a month ago you could snag Hardpoint if you were on during peak time. I also like to tell young whippersnappers about the days when you could (maybe) play CTF.

It could be the naturally small numbers in the Oz player base, but I reckon it's also player loss because Respawn STILL hasn't fixed the goddamn Australian server. It's the most insulting example of corporate laziness I've ever seen, and it must have cost them players. "Oh, there's only about 22 million of them, so we can afford to ignore that market. Let's make sure the North American servers are fine though."

I don't even bother with Australia anymore: South East Asia is so much simpler.

Musicool on
    I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • Options
    Played some good games with Booker tonight and had a lot of fun except for one bad game. My favorite moment was unrelated to the game as Booker talked about how he got a triple kill and I asked him why he didn't say "X-Box record that" which of course my X-Box picked up despite missing it in the previous game when I yelled at it to record my own cool moment.

I still enjoy playing this game and more people should enjoy playing it with me.

• Options
    Can someone tell me just what the hell the plasma rail gun is good for? I find it impossible to make accurate shots on pilots, and it's a fucking pee shooter even fully charged against titans, that's if you can even hit them. Like what's the strategy for it?

• Options
    Ugh, 20 Titan kills with the arc launcher?...welp

• Options
    I just picked this up on PC during the sale. Is there any resource that explains what the unlocks are, lists the weapons and describes what they do, explains all of this gen stuff, etc?

http://titanfall.gamepedia.com/Titanfall_Wiki
    http://symthic.com/titanfall-stats

• Options
    BookerBooker Registered User regular
    @Prohass‌

The Plasma Railgun is a charge-up sniper rifle for giant robots (with jetpacks). When aiming this weapon, it will charge up the next shot, increasing its damage, while decreasing its velocity. The damage gained at full charge is enough to pop another Titan's bodyshield in a single shot.

After the bodyshield is popped, the railgun can deal the most damage to a Titan's hull through critical hits. Fully charged shots will doom an Atlas with two (maybe three) crits.

It is best to use it at long ranges to support other Titans, and with the benefit of close access to cover. Unlike the more reliable weapons such as the chaingun and 40mm cannon, you can hide behind a building as you prepare your next shot.

The Arc Cannon can be used in a similar fashion, dashing in and out of cover to take a shot with the greatest charge available.

• Options
    Kestrel1Kestrel1 falco sparverius Noblesville, INRegistered User regular
    I finally got all the kills I needed with the DMR for the Gen5 challenges, so I moved on to the Auto-45.

I thought getting the DMR kills was annoying. I kinda wish I could just put the 45 to my own head and pull the trigger, but even if I unloaded the whole clip, I probably wouldn't die.

Kestrel1.png
    Mixer: Kestrel1 | Twitch: KestrelTV
  • Options
  • Options
    ArdentArdent Down UpsideRegistered User regular
    I am confused. Who are they nerfing it for?

Steam ID | Origin ID: ArdentX | Uplay ID: theardent | Battle.net: Ardent#11476
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Satchel nerf, too. About time.

I like every one of those changes.

BionicPenguin on
  • Options
    Matchmaking - We've made improvements to matchmaking & team balancing. Now, teams are rearranged just before the level loads, to further balance the teams' skill and player counts. You'll notice that you're greyed out in the lobby until teams are set. You'll also notice "Connecting…" as players join a match.

About time!

• Options
    Those are all excellent changes. I'm especially interested in the auto-titans using all titan abilities and that all players can unlock the titan chassises (?) without playing Boring Mode.

These are things that should have come with the box, but at least they're here now.

I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    Ardent wrote: »
    I am confused. Who are they nerfing it for?
    Everybody, I would assume? The range on the thing is pretty silly; it's basically a full-auto sniper rifle, and handily has a better effective range than the semi-auto rifle.

• Options
    I think he was making a joke about no one playing Titanfall anymore.

• Options
    It still blows my mind that people aren't playing this game more. It's the best in the genre by a substantial margin.

Also, that's one of the best balance patches in recent memory. The balance was already pretty good, but they addressed nearly every single slightly OP/UP weapon in a single patch, except for the couple they had hit before (40mm).

• Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    I think he was making a joke about no one playing Titanfall anymore.

Oooooh...

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    I should get back into playing this.

But really I haven't been in much of a competitive gaming mood. Mostly been playing SP stuff.