Options

[minecraft] Terrible graphics, terrible OP, awesome game

• Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    AkimboEG wrote: »
    Buttcleft wrote: »
    I'm honestly kind of shocked theres no high level item or spell you can cast to protect your base or some sort of field to suppress warp while in your base.
    Warp is still undergoing balance. Azanor wrote something about adding soft and hard caps to warp levels. I believe there'll also be changes to frequency, and very possibly some sort of area protection.

I'm hoping for a modified version of the Beacon

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    cshadow42cshadow42 Registered User regular
    I've actually been trying to cause flux, because I can't seem to find wisps or mana beans. I lucked out in finding an obsidian totem, but that only gave me 8 essences.

Xenofungus, I did find a way to reliably harvest roses. Apparently, the Grinder defenses that I set up in Villager World also harvest the iron golems. So when it grinds an iron golem, it pops an iron bar and a rose into my adjacent chest. Now I've got plenty of roses for my Spanish Fly mixture that is causing my villagers to breed faster.

MTGO Handle - ArtfulDodger
    Diablo 3 - ArtfulDodger#1572
    Minecraft - ArtfulDodger42
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    cshadow42 wrote: »
    I've actually been trying to cause flux, because I can't seem to find wisps or mana beans. I lucked out in finding an obsidian totem, but that only gave me 8 essences.

Xenofungus, I did find a way to reliably harvest roses. Apparently, the Grinder defenses that I set up in Villager World also harvest the iron golems. So when it grinds an iron golem, it pops an iron bar and a rose into my adjacent chest. Now I've got plenty of roses for my Spanish Fly mixture that is causing my villagers to breed faster.

There was a Forge bug (possibly STILL a Forge bug) that made Magical Forests basically non-existent unless you set their 'weight value' in the Thaumcraft config to a multiple of 10. (the default value is 5)

I went scouting through like 6 worlds in creative mode before I raised mine to from 5 to 10, and they became findable.

Also if you are using any sort of other biome mod Azanor recommends increasing it anyway if you ever want to find them.

MuddBudd on
  • Options
    CromartyCromarty Danielle Registered User regular
    Thaumcraft sure sounds like more fun than ever, as if there weren't already enough things in it to screw with you before you've even done anything, on top of the incredible tedium of research.
    Can't say I miss that mod at all.

• Options
    AkimboEGAkimboEG Mr. Fancypants Wears very fine pants indeedRegistered User regular
    Thaumcraft is super duper best mod.

Give me a kiss to build a dream on; And my imagination will thrive upon that kiss; Sweetheart, I ask no more than this; A kiss to build a dream on
  • Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    If they got rid of the discovering aspects part of research, I wouldn't mind it that much. Maybe make it easier to get research points, no need to "discover" aspects, and it would be so much smoother. I'd also like if essentia tubes weren't so fucking fiddly, but whatever. Other than that, it's a great mod. I just hate dealing with essentia, and getting started is a pain in the butt.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    AkimboEGAkimboEG Mr. Fancypants Wears very fine pants indeedRegistered User regular
    Lorahalo wrote: »
    If they got rid of the discovering aspects part of research, I wouldn't mind it that much. Maybe make it easier to get research points, no need to "discover" aspects, and it would be so much smoother. I'd also like if essentia tubes weren't so fucking fiddly, but whatever. Other than that, it's a great mod. I just hate dealing with essentia, and getting started is a pain in the butt.
    Starting research can be a pain, I agree. After you've done it once or twice, though, you tend not to get stuck any more. The most important thing to remember is Victus = Terra + Aqua.
    As for essentia tubes, I just don't use them for anything larger than an automated arcane furnace. Golems are far superior when it comes to taking care of your jars.

Give me a kiss to build a dream on; And my imagination will thrive upon that kiss; Sweetheart, I ask no more than this; A kiss to build a dream on
  • Options
    It's weird how in vanilla, Gold to me is essentially useless, aside from making a few small items like the watch.

Whereas in Thaumcraft, I need MASSIVE amounts of it. For making a hundred magical things, for Lucrum essentia for enchants...

And the alchemical duplication recipe is useless without an outside source of Lucrum to fuel it. (IE if you just use Lucrum from gold bars, you are converting at a loss)

*installs a few extra growth lamps near the mana beans*

I need to go find an extreme hills biome and mine me some emeralds.

• Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    MuddBudd wrote: »
    It's weird how in vanilla, Gold to me is essentially useless, aside from making a few small items like the watch.

Whereas in Thaumcraft, I need MASSIVE amounts of it. For making a hundred magical things, for Lucrum essentia for enchants...

And the alchemical duplication recipe is useless without an outside source of Lucrum to fuel it. (IE if you just use Lucrum from gold bars, you are converting at a loss)

*installs a few extra growth lamps near the mana beans*

I need to go find an extreme hills biome and mine me some emeralds.

Grow gold with magic crops!

Or get lucrum from emeralds by melting down villagers? (Don't melt children though, its not practical, adults give more emerald juice)

• Options
    edited September 2014
    Nah village murder isn't necessary. I am about halfway to successfully cross-breeding a Lucrum bean, at which point I can mass produce it, and replicate gold to my hearts content.

I suppose I could go farm Pigmen too, but they look so sad.

What is magic crops?

MuddBudd on
  • Options
    Magic Crops is a mod that lets you make seeds to essentially grow anything.

Redstone, Bone, Gold, Gunpowder, Netherbrick, Obsidian, Feathers, Lava..

• Options
    edited September 2014
    Huh. I dunno that seems too easy.

Like, it's frustrating at times, but Thaumcraft is internally consistent enough to still make it feel challenging to gather all this stuff while at the same time providing alternate methods of gathering them.

I'll look into it though. Maybe I could just use the crops I don't consider game-breaking. (I do like building with Lapis). And I have terrible luck finding slimes.

MuddBudd on
  • Options

Like, it's frustrating at times, but Thaumcraft is internally consistent enough to still make it feel challenging to gather all this stuff while at the same time providing alternate methods of gathering them.

I'll look into it though. Maybe I could just use the crops I don't consider game-breaking. (I do like building with Lapis). And I have terrible luck finding slimes.

PneumaticCraft has plants that can randomly spawn mobs like slimes.

• Options

PneumaticCraft has plants that can randomly spawn mobs like slimes.

Eventually I found one, and a single slimeball was enough to duplicate.

• Options
    Now that I think about it..Creeper Plants are probably why I always have 10+ creepers outside my house in my single player world..

• Options
    LeftOnRedLeftOnRed Registered User regular
    Magic crops sounds easy on paper...but it takes a pretty long time to get everything actually up and running and being able to actually produce anything.

• Options
    LeftOnRed wrote: »
    Magic crops sounds easy on paper...but it takes a pretty long time to get everything actually up and running and being able to actually produce anything.

Yeah I was looking into it, and since I've already generated the world, to get the essence ore I'd have to travel pretty far from spawn, or wait for Mystcraft.

• Options
    Magic crops only really gets ridiculous when you have an automated system. It's not actually that huge if you don't have MFR installed, since that's the simplest and easiest farm to make. I played Horizons with a friend for a while and it wasn't that big, till I remembered that Thaumcraft golems are a thing.

• Options
    Theres a quest map on FTB launcher called crash landing.

Its like Agrarian skies, but a lot more hard core. Direwolf has a series going on with Pahimar about it, and made me download it and it is pretty fun. I forgot to turn mob griefing off however and lost the ship in the first night to the new special creepers. (mob griefing is supposed to be off, not being a cheat :p )

• Options
    I haven't played any of the quest maps yet but I really like the concept.

After I am done with Thaumcraft I'm probably going to go with a more technical set of mods like Big Reactors. Those sound fun. Maybe when mods hit 1.8

• Options
    @MuddBudd 1.7 is going to be the version to play on for a good long while. Major version changes like that can take well over a year for most mods to transition. It's been the case for at least 1.4.7, 1.6.2/4 and 1.7.2/10.

• Options
    HugglesHuggles Registered User regular
    Install Yogscast Complete, walk for a couple of minutes, find enormous hot springs biome.

Aw yiss

• Options
    edited September 2014
    AkimboEG wrote: »
    @MuddBudd 1.7 is going to be the version to play on for a good long while. Major version changes like that can take well over a year for most mods to transition. It's been the case for at least 1.4.7, 1.6.2/4 and 1.7.2/10.

That's fine, I can have fun with the 'magic' themed mods for a while. Plus other games.

-edit-

And now I have Lucrum and Aurum Beans created. That should cover the rarer aspects I need for enchants atm.

MuddBudd on
  • Options
    Looks like I crashed the server. At the time, I was entering a Mystcraft book with the "Bloody Heap" biome for the first time

• Options
    BotznoyBotznoy Registered User regular
    I think there is a kibosh still on mystcraft based on it's tendency to melt the server.

IZF2byN.jpg

Want to play co-op games? Feel free to hit me up!
  • Options
    Oh, oops. I thought I saw other Mystcraft books around, and thought it was ok to make them

• Options
    BotznoyBotznoy Registered User regular
    They would be intradimensional books for getting around the overworld.

IZF2byN.jpg

Want to play co-op games? Feel free to hit me up!
  • Options
    Dang it, I'm jonesing for some MC tonight. Yeah, my initial plan of harvesting nodes from Mystcraft books was shot, but I had this nifty idea for a production line.

• Options
    TakelTakel Registered User regular
    Server is rebooting

Steam | PSN: MystLansfeld | 3DS: 4656-6210-1377 | FFXIV: Lavinia Lansfeld
  • Options
    Sweet... Thanks Takel! First thing I'll do is drop that Mystcraft book into my furnace!

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    What server are you guys playing on these days? Haven't played with PA people since the Columbia days.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    Current server is on Takel's Frankenpack. Instructions for joining are here. If you've never played modded before, you might want to ask someone for help getting started. It's a little daunting.

• Options
    TakelTakel Registered User regular
    To be fair though, even for people with some modded experience the pack can be daunting. Though, not so much nowadays since the mods that are in use are a bit more common. For those with absolutely no modded experience? Oh boy... almost a totally new game.

Steam | PSN: MystLansfeld | 3DS: 4656-6210-1377 | FFXIV: Lavinia Lansfeld
  • Options
    @Takel Jadedcat compiled a list of utility mods that might be useful for map/modpack makers.

• Options
    Is there an ETA on the new map? Just wondering in case I should take a break now to prepare myself for the new-map rush

• Options
    Never fails, I start to get into and liking blood magic and now its made massively more complicated with ritual augments from reagents

• Options
    HugglesHuggles Registered User regular
    Never fails, I start to get into and liking blood magic and now its made massively more awesome with ritual augments from reagents

• Options
    I like it better when it was just putting a diamond block under the ritual stone.

• Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    Is there an ETA on the new map? Just wondering in case I should take a break now to prepare myself for the new-map rush

Are complete packs even out yet? Because I'd give it a few weeks after that. I don't think Takel has started piecing his dream pack together, or if that is even an option currently.

PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    Radiation wrote: »

Are complete packs even out yet? Because I'd give it a few weeks after that. I don't think Takel has started piecing his dream pack together, or if that is even an option currently.

Theres a half dozen 1.7.10 packs on AT Launcher.

FTB and Technic seem a bit slower.