As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[minecraft] Terrible graphics, terrible OP, awesome game

• Options
    LilnoobsLilnoobs Alpha Queue Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Just fyi for fellow console minecrafters, there's a PS4 bug that will literally destroy all of your stuff in your crates.

Apparently, if one person gets "too far" away from the host player, items vanish from various crates around the world. Happened to my wife and I after we started traveling to the nether and the overworld and boy do we not give a shit about playing this game anymore.

Lilnoobs on
  • Options
    DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    People play this on consoles? How do you get the mods to work?!?!

You play without mods? What... I don't even...

Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    This thread has been shamefully quiet, and I place blame entirely upon Kanden, or Buttcleft or Vic.
    Also huuuuuuuuuunnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggggggggggg new server soooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnn.
    Maybe?

PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    CromartyCromarty Danielle Registered User regular
    I've been playing Crash Landing despite all the wonderful things I've heard about it in this thread. I like the idea of making circuitry instead of having a bunch of ingots mysteriously turn into a machine after being welded together, but Pneumaticcraft has been nothing but pain. Just finished the assembly line and I feel like I've just thrown away a lot of iron on top of time I would've spent anyway making pcbs the slow way. Should've used a factory block to automate the etching part instead.

• Options
    KandenKanden Registered User regular
    Yeah, I've been swamped with school, that and I don't want to play any minecraft before the new server. Gotta avoid burnout.

• Options
    cshadow42cshadow42 Registered User regular
    Kanden wrote: »
    Yeah, I've been swamped with school, that and I don't want to play any minecraft before the new server. Gotta avoid burnout.

Same here

MTGO Handle - ArtfulDodger
    Diablo 3 - ArtfulDodger#1572
    Minecraft - ArtfulDodger42
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    I'll have newer, more effective internet soon(tm).

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    Radiation wrote: »
    This thread has been shamefully quiet, and I place blame entirely upon Kanden, or Buttcleft or Vic.
    Also huuuuuuuuuunnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggggggggggg new server soooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnn.
    Maybe?

I am suffering from extreme methcraft withdrawl. I got the blocksicks man, I got them baaaad.

• Options
    Sshh...shhh....I'm sure the new build will be out soon. In the meantime, I've been contemplating getting into Kerbal.

• Options
    BotznoyBotznoy Registered User regular
    i'm getting to the point where i'm gonna make a hacked together pack with pams harvest mods. I want to farm and listen to crash course

IZF2byN.jpg

Want to play co-op games? Feel free to hit me up!
  • Options
    Buttcleft wrote: »
    Radiation wrote: »
    Maybe?

I am suffering from extreme methcraft withdrawl. I got the blocksicks man, I got them baaaad.

I was toying with the idea of getting on singleplayer and build a few of the ideas I had, or at leadt test them out, but I am worried it will cause some preburn out symptoms.

• Options
    @Takel‌ Are you still taking suggestion for what to add in to the pack?

IZF2byN.jpg

• Options
    TakelTakel Registered User regular
    Yeap, still open to suggestions

Steam | PSN: MystLansfeld | 3DS: 4656-6210-1377 | FFXIV: Lavinia Lansfeld
  • Options
    Lux782Lux782 Registered User regular
    Has anyone found anything under the dust in crash landing? I see these dunes and feel like there must be something under them.

• Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Besides the data log I really don't think there's anything out there

Other than the cities anyway

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Let's load up the old Underdark map and make it into faction based pvp

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    I guess that could work if you played it off like Nations At War did, where each faction had its own private cave only they could modify the blocks of. N@W also prevented players of other factions from entering enemy territory unless in a structured invasion, but caves could allow for gates to be built instead of islands and the like. Better make sure you keep those gates secure.

All ores only available in the central cave. Wood only available in respawning mushrooms in the central cave unless you capture a specific resource point, allowing for woodshrooms to grow in your own faction cave. Dunno if the factions should live in the themed caves like the Under Ocean or their identical faction caves spaced out, and special resources in the themed caves.

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    Does anyone have any good ideas on building arches that go from a corner square to center of square?
    Like at a 45 degree angle to the square.

• Options
    Like a quarter circle? Or a slope?

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    Wanted to do something like this:
    archinlivemap.png
    but overlapping, and instead of a + layout I would want it more like an x shape. on the map from top down.

• Options
    It's well crafted and all and the lady sings fine enough

but man I can't handle verbal references to Minecraft all all.

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    Man, now I want to give a musical railroad another try using note blocks.

• Options
    TakelTakel Registered User regular
    FYI: I'll be aiming to get a 1.7.10 pack done by middle of next week. Any mods you'll like to get looked at and either rejected or considered, let me know before the weekend.

Steam | PSN: MystLansfeld | 3DS: 4656-6210-1377 | FFXIV: Lavinia Lansfeld
  • Options
    Only exposure to Steves Factory Manager was in Crash Landing, and I'd like to see a more general application to the mod.

Carpenters Blocks and Chisel or bust

Simple Jetpacks is handy but not a dealbreaker

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    Is TE fully functional in 1.7 yet?

• Options
    CromartyCromarty Danielle Registered User regular
    Except for ducts and conduits, yes. I imagine you'll have MFR as well, though, which solves one of those (conduits).

• Options
    edited October 2014
    Which mod had the big ass quarry that was a multiblock thing?

Also can we do the portal mod?
    I know we are going to do a rail travel system, so we're going to make that advantageous to do. (speaking of railway, who was going to head that system up? Is it steves carts? because I dont know much about it, and I think my compound may be a city design, with a goddamn wall and that hole as a courtyard thing that was posted a ways back or underground skyscraper.)

I kinda would like a jetpack, but a traveler wand thing may work for that as well(one of them was power based, but I can't recall if it was a buildable thing or if it was a random chest thing). I know we aren't doing power armor.

Edit: Also holy crap TiCo tools and the xp mod that levels up your tools as you use them. Those need to be in there.

Radiation on
  • Options
    AkimboEGAkimboEG Mr. Fancypants Wears very fine pants indeedRegistered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Takel wrote: »
    FYI: I'll be aiming to get a 1.7.10 pack done by middle of next week. Any mods you'll like to get looked at and either rejected or considered, let me know before the weekend.
    The Direwolf20 pack for 1.7.10 is currently under closed beta testing and aiming for release in about two weeks time. This very likely means that all remaining big mods not yet released (most notably Mystcraft) will see proper releases soon.
    Duke 2.0 wrote: »
    Carpenters Blocks and Chisel or bust
    Chisel has some great blocks, but the lack of proper FMP supports really kills it for me.
    I even went through the trouble of manually configuring all appropriate blocks, but sadly many of them don't render properly as microblocks.
    Is TE fully functional in 1.7 yet?
    Apart from having separated ducts and conduits into a separate, as-of-yet unreleased mod, yes.

AkimboEG on
    Give me a kiss to build a dream on; And my imagination will thrive upon that kiss; Sweetheart, I ask no more than this; A kiss to build a dream on
  • Options
    Never really liked microblocks, so the lack of support was never an issue for me. Just a ton of extra blocks to use that won't automatically fill up your entire inventory.

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    Ducts and conduits are the best part :cry:

• Options
    But making incredibly ugly conduit and duct set ups are my thing

IZF2byN.jpg

• Options
    Can this pack have Galaticraft?

• Options
    Can we have Gravity Gun?

• Options
    VicVic Registered User regular
    Can I have a pony?

Also Mekanism

• Options
    edited October 2014
    Mekanism is essential, otherwise TE would be pointless as you have to use Mekanism energy conduits to route power for TE until the TE team actually puts out their pipes and conduits submod.

edit
    Well, Extrautilities can move power..but its a lot more expensive, and harder to make and requires specialized and expensive equipment.

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    Wasn't there a Pokémon mod as well? I could get into that one

• Options
    KandenKanden Registered User regular
    I'd be into the pokemon mod too, but I'm gonna go ahead and assume it doesn't play nice with other mods at all, I don't think adding that many extra mobs is a great idea either.

• Options
    Pixelmon does not play well with other mods.

• Options
    Stryker43Stryker43 Registered User regular
    I'm a huge fan of the EnderIO conduits, as they transfer power and items pretty efficiently, and they're also easy to hide.

camo_sig2.png
    XBL/PSN/Origin/NNID: StrykerFL GuildWars/GW2: Anton Firemaker FFRK: erNA