As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[minecraft] Terrible graphics, terrible OP, awesome game

• Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    I think it's a Yellorite efficiency thing? You'll be getting lots of Cyanite/Blutonium anyway if you run the things, might as well put that stuff to use.

• Options
    Bloody JackBloody Jack Registered User regular
    Never really compared the resource cost, since I had plenty by the time I was building them. I suppose it could work out cheaper, though the output for the three turbines I set up was many times more than just the output of the reactor driving them, so it would matter if fuel was an issue.

• Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    Plus the turbines look bitchin, why not?

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    AkimboEGAkimboEG Mr. Fancypants Wears very fine pants indeedRegistered User regular
    There's also a config setting that disables the reactor power IO port, making turbines a necessity rather than a choice.

Give me a kiss to build a dream on; And my imagination will thrive upon that kiss; Sweetheart, I ask no more than this; A kiss to build a dream on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    I just looked at what you can do with Botania. Funky stuff, going to give that a spin too.

I like messing with magical stuff. Feels more charming than all the computers and machinery in other mods.

• Options
    AkimboEGAkimboEG Mr. Fancypants Wears very fine pants indeedRegistered User regular
    The biggest issue with Botania is Rainbow Surface, which is Rainbow Caves, only with flowers instead of ore.

Give me a kiss to build a dream on; And my imagination will thrive upon that kiss; Sweetheart, I ask no more than this; A kiss to build a dream on
  • Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    Radiation wrote: »
    It seems like things may be unstable for a while.
    Play Trove!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is there a thread for Trove? I couldn't find one.

I was going to make one the other day. Will work on one when I get home.

PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    CromartyCromarty Danielle Registered User regular
    AkimboEG wrote: »
    The biggest issue with Botania is Rainbow Surface, which is Rainbow Caves, only with flowers instead of ore.
    I don't see the problem. They don't use up space that can generate other resources, and they look nice.

• Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    The default flowers are kinda bad

there's a config option for much better looking flowers you want to turn on

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Duke 2.0 wrote: »
    The default flowers are kinda bad

there's a config option for much better looking flowers you want to turn on

Thanks, the originals were an eyesore. Though I run a 64x64 texture pack, so a fair bunch of stuff looks like butt anyway.

• Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    I don't run a texture pack.

I did for a brief while when I was playing with the Yogspack on ATLauncher, buuut..4gigs of ram just isn't enough for both huge modpacks AND pretty texture packs.

• Options
    I actually can't play minecraft without Sphax any more. To me, that is what the game looks like. I can't even remember what most of the vanilla textures look like.

• Options
    HamHamJHamHamJ Registered User regular
    So, my game crashed. And when I restarted it loaded me back where I was and then immediately crashed again... um, any idea what I should try now?

While racing light mechs, your Urbanmech comes in second place, but only because it ran out of ammo.
  • Options
    Did you craft something immediately before the crash? The current DW20 pack seems varying levels of unstable currently, so if you just want to learn, it may be better to go to an older version (one based on 1.6.4 minecraft)
    Also it looks like fastcraft is suggested, which may help with stability/performance, but not certain about what has potentially caused the crash. Linky

• Options
    HamHamJHamHamJ Registered User regular
    I went to an age and set up a quarry and then went exploring. I was just kind of walking around when it happened. All I can gather from the crash report is some kind of null exception when ticking the world... I think. Are there any intermediate steps I could try before restoring from a backup?

While racing light mechs, your Urbanmech comes in second place, but only because it ran out of ammo.
  • Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    16x textures are the light

32x textures are begrudgingly accepted

anything over that is appalling, 8x can work sometimes but it's pushing the boundaries

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    BotznoyBotznoy Registered User regular
    DW20 or 1.7.10 in general has a tendency to melt over time, I'm needing to kill minecraft and restart it to fix lag

IZF2byN.jpg

Want to play co-op games? Feel free to hit me up!
  • Options
    HamHamJ wrote: »
    I went to an age and set up a quarry and then went exploring. I was just kind of walking around when it happened. All I can gather from the crash report is some kind of null exception when ticking the world... I think. Are there any intermediate steps I could try before restoring from a backup?

I know there are some ages that degrad and then collapse. Can you reset player file on single player? I can't recall if that's a thing. Basically it would send you back to spawn with nothing, which may be better than starting a new world.

• Options
    Seems you cant explore very far before having to reload because massive lag. Which is gonna get old fast trying to find a village. May just cheat in a couple villager eggs and make a village.

• Options
    Buttcleft wrote: »
    Seems you cant explore very far before having to reload because massive lag. Which is gonna get old fast trying to find a village. May just cheat in a couple villager eggs and make a village.

How are you cheating in anything? I've tried to set NEI to Cheat Mode and it didn't work.

• Options
    It's either a bug or intentional, but NEI now sets each world to override the cheat/recipe mode by default.
    Open up the NEI options screen and press the 'Global' button top right. Uncheck the 'w' next to recipe/cheat mode. World should no longer force recipe mode.

• Options
    If you have issues with that solution you can also open your world up to lan, allow cheats and then gogocreative mode with /gamemode 1

• Options
    While I'm here asking questions, what's up with the TE ducts? Last I heard they were being spun off into a separate mod but that was months ago. I figured they'd be done by now by they're still not in the DW20 pack.

• Options
    Terrendos wrote: »
    While I'm here asking questions, what's up with the TE ducts? Last I heard they were being spun off into a separate mod but that was months ago. I figured they'd be done by now by they're still not in the DW20 pack.
    Most of TeamCOFH are busy with non-minecraft things. RWTema (author of Extra Utils) has been working on updating and upgrading the ducts. Reportedly, he's been making good progress, but nothing on a release date yet.

• Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    I'm getting the itch real bad, but the lack of ducts is keeping me safe, for now.

• Options
    edited November 2014
    the TE ducts wouldn't be so greatly missed if Mekanism was in the DW20 pack, cause it provides an excellent power cable that's RF compatable.

Right now the only power cable options in DW20 is extra utilities which requires a power transfer node which is very very expensive for early game (possibly super expensive in the mid game too)

as for fluid piping, ExtraUtilities fluid transfer is much cheaper, and theres always BC pipes.

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    Buttcleft wrote: »
    the TE ducts wouldn't be so greatly missed if Mekanism was in the DW20 pack, cause it provides an excellent power cable that's RF compatable.

Right now the only power cable options in DW20 is extra utilities which requires a power transfer node which is very very expensive for early game (possibly super expensive in the mid game too)

as for fluid piping, ExtraUtilities fluid transfer is much cheaper, and theres always BC pipes.
    You don't need a power node for EU's generators, though. Hook up a single Energy Extraction Pipe to each generator, and from there run a line of Energy Pipes to your machines. Should work.

• Options
    Of course I'm using TE stuff. Which needs the power node, and the QED to make it, and everything. Which I've already made, just short on redstone to make the something like 20 redstone blocks needed to make the power node.

• Options
    NailbunnyPDNailbunnyPD Registered User regular
    I'm using EnderIO conduits as a substitute for ducts, but its still early game.

XBL: NailbunnyPD PSN: NailbunnyPD Origin: NailbunnyPD
    NintendoID: Nailbunny 3DS: 3909-8796-4685
    steam_sig-400.png
  • Options
    Man I love EnderIO conduits. All your different pipes fitting together into one space is absolute genius.

• Options
    What are the enderIO pipes called so I can NEI them next time I play.

• Options
    Item/Energy/Fluid Conduit. They're like pipes/ducts but you can put all of them into a single block and they fit together. It's wonderful. They also work with microblocks so you can have your entire piping system hidden in a single wall or subfloor without worrying about space or clutter.

• Options
    GhlinnGhlinn Registered User regular
    Ender IO is so very nice, I'm really liking the alloy smelter as well, just being able to throw 2 ingots to make the diffrent alloys without having to dust them and combine them and resmelt them is nice. There is just way to many mods that I don't really know much about and I'm finding myself quite hard pressed to figure out what direction to go in.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Plus the fact that fused quartz is oredict'd to hardened glass is <3

• Options
    Also morph seams a bit overpowered for having no cost other then lowering your max health, bat form giving you unlimited flight with the only draw back being that it takes you down to 2.5 health max seams pretty crazy. The fact that you can get into 1 block high holes is pretty cool though.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I think the fact that you can fit into 1x1 holes is far far more useful than the flight.

Also guys, I'm falling in love with Botania.

• Options
    Flight has made searching for colbalt and ardite easier (still such a hassle and my nether spawn being horrid didn't help at all) also having a really hard time finding diamonds, although have more emeralds then I know what to do with.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Fastest way to diamonds is digging straight down to y level ~10 and then just digging a straight tunnel. Preferably with a hammer, to gain a bit more visible block faces.

• Options
    Minecraft 1.4 to 1.6 hated me with regards to nether spawns.

Literally, more often than not, my gate would spawn above a vast lava ocean on a single floating netherbrick that I would fall off of and plunge to my death.

Or, get a spawn exactly like above, but with multiple ghasts in the area that both disable my gate and knock me off to my death.

Or spawn in a pit with lava sources above me that, as soon as I spawn in, the lava flows down into the pit burning me and my gear to death.

So, when you think you have a horrid nether spawn, remember me, and rejoice at the comparison that your life isn't so bad afterall :snap:

• Options
    I just gave up even bothering with mining anything and make a beeline for a digital miner. Plug it in, set to diamond, go.