Options

[League of Legends] We say farewell to spear spam of old, and hello to our catly overlady

• Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Spectrum wrote: »
    gleebglarbu will be support.
    You really shouldn't type random letters in for your username if you want to be a professional gamer.

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Man unless he was being monstrously awful benching a player this late in the season is like........why

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Man unless he was being monstrously awful benching a player this late in the season is like........why
    ...? The season's over.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Spectrum wrote: »
    ...? The season's over.

I must have my thinking screwed up here. Shouldn't this mean the lead up to worlds?

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    RaslinRaslin Registered User regular
    Summer split

I cant url good so add me on steam anyways steamcommunity.com/id/Raslin

3ds friend code: 2981-6032-4118
  • Options
    oic right

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    Technically the season doesn't end until Worlds is over

psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • Options
    Technically the season doesn't end until Worlds is over
    Ugh, okay fine. The split's over. :P

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Mr.SunshineMr.Sunshine Registered User regular
    Doomed. TSM is doomed forever. Just like when they got rid of Chaox and got that one guy with the turtles! Regi is the devil! Etc, etc...
    /reddit

• Options
    Doomed. TSM is doomed forever. Just like when they got rid of Chaox and got that one guy with the turtles! Regi is the devil! Etc, etc...
    /reddit
    weeeeelll Regi and Chaox were under performing.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    RaslinRaslin Registered User regular
    Btw, its Vlad free week, and I finally played him for the first time, in an aram.

Fell in love immediately and bought him right after. Too cool for school.

I cant url good so add me on steam anyways steamcommunity.com/id/Raslin

3ds friend code: 2981-6032-4118
  • Options
    skyknytskyknyt Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I don't think I've ever had what I'd call a "good" team builder experience. Won games, yeah, but I feel like the kind of folks playing in team builder are people who aren't good at negotiating with their team about what champion they want to play, and team builder gives them an outlet around that.

Tycho wrote:
    [skyknyt's writing] is like come kind of code that, when comprehended, unfolds into madness in the mind of the reader.
    PSN: skyknyt, Steam: skyknyt, Blizz: skyknyt#1160
  • Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    skyknyt wrote: »
    I don't think I've ever had what I'd call a "good" team builder experience. Won games, yeah, but I feel like the kind of folks playing in team builder are people who aren't good at negotiating with their team about what champion they want to play, and team builder gives them an outlet around that.

If you are playing team builder you need to have the attitude "let's do this shit"

Ashe jungle? Let's do this shit

Mid Nasus? let's do this shit

Ahri adc and malzahar support? Let's do this shit

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    pawa24pawa24 Registered User regular
    Raslin wrote: »
    Btw, its Vlad free week, and I finally played him for the first time, in an aram.

Fell in love immediately and bought him right after. Too cool for school.

I love Vlad and yet I still have not picked him up. Not to mention he is a beast in 3s and thats mainly what I play.

• Options
    VaregaVarega Registered User regular
    Hai is in the hospital, not allowed to fly. No news as of exactly why, but c9 will be missing their mid at all stars.

League of Legends:Varega
  • Options
    WestfordeWestforde Registered User regular
    Apparently Hai suffered from a collapsed lung (not as bad as it looks/sounds but still :( )

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    I am loving jungle Fiora at the moment. Feral Flare combined with BotRK adds an absolute ton of damage to her ult, especially to single targets.

• Options
    dasnoobdasnoob ArkansasRegistered User regular
    skyknyt wrote: »

That is fine with me. I've encountered almost zero "x-lane or feed" type trolls in draft since team builder started up. I assume all those people are there.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    @Dread Pirate Arbuthnot

<;º ༽ ǫᴜɪɴɴ = ᴡɪɴ <;º ༽

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    histronichistronic Registered User regular
    Can't believe Hai isn't going to make it to All-Stars, its a real bummer the c9 vs fnatic match won't be the same.

WiiU Friend Code: rlinkmanl
    PSN: rlinkmanl
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    Went from ~25 LP in Silver 4 to beginning of Silver 3 yesterday, and I feel like I can keep climbing. For each game I managed to snag either adc or support, so that definitely helped. Yesterday's ranked spree featured my first ranked Lucian play (other team first-picked Ashe, and I actually don't love playing Sivir vs Ashe, so I figured I should change it up), which was successful. Also my first ranked Thresh play, which did not result in a victory, but I did go 3/5/30, so I felt basically ok. Would have rather played a different support, but I was trying to be accommodating and ended up trading my adc to last pick who at the very last minute mentioned that he couldn't support.

Nami is still doing well for me when I can't pick Leona. I also played a game of Lulu (to counter a Leona), and although I won, I really think I'd be more impactful in lane if I *ever* landed my glitterlance :/ . I think I could definitey get to gold by spamming support, but my ego is slightly too tied up in playing adc (and...I really don't want to be one of those women who only plays support. Which...eh, I don't know, is a dumb reason not to play something I'm good at, but it's a reason nonetheless). I've settled on calling "adc/support pref" and going for whichever one is less contested.

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    credeiki wrote: »
    I also played a game of Lulu (to counter a Leona), and although I won, I really think I'd be more impactful in lane if I *ever* landed my glitterlance :/
    I feel the same way. In Diamond.
    I think I could definitey get to gold by spamming support, but my ego is slightly too tied up in playing adc (and...I really don't want to be one of those women who only plays support. Which...eh, I don't know, is a dumb reason not to play something I'm good at, but it's a reason nonetheless). I've settled on calling "adc/support pref" and going for whichever one is less contested.
    Ain't no shame in only playing the manliest position in League. Support is the best because you just get to go HAM all the time from level 1 and never stop. Even when your team is weeping and begging you to just ward and farm safe. You. Never. Stop.

JAEF on
  • Options
    Land your E then land your Q. Makes it so much easier. Also land your E on a caster minion and then land your Q way into the back line.

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    I think support is way better now that you have actual gold income, as opposed to before where you were playing LOL: Ultra-Hard Mode where your Janna with boots and a kages pick is up against an ADC with boots 2, bloodthirster, zeal and a pickaxe.

• Options
    JAEF wrote: »
    I also played a game of Lulu (to counter a Leona), and although I won, I really think I'd be more impactful in lane if I *ever* landed my glitterlance :/
    I think I could definitey get to gold by spamming support, but my ego is slightly too tied up in playing adc (and...I really don't want to be one of those women who only plays support. Which...eh, I don't know, is a dumb reason not to play something I'm good at, but it's a reason nonetheless). I've settled on calling "adc/support pref" and going for whichever one is less contested.
    Ain't no shame in only playing the manliest position in League. Support is the best because you just get to go HAM all the time from level 1 and never stop. Even when your team is weeping and begging you to just ward and farm safe. You. Never. Stop.

Hahaha, the last game I played as Leona, my Graves actually did beg me to stop man-moding all the time. But I wasn't dying (because full defensive masteries armor reds armor yellows relic shield Leona) and neither was he, so I told him we were fine and I forced him to win lane by putting sunlight on people and demanding that he hit them.
    And really, I think that if you choose Graves after Leona has been picked, you are sending the message that you want to play your botlane in a certain style, and that style is in their face at all times.

• Options
    Ehh no. Supports are stronger but i really like the actual supporting gameplay. It would be better if we had highly efficient items to build, that non-supports wouldn't touch because their slot efficiency was low even though their gold efficiency was high(but say, little to no resale value).

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    JAEF wrote: »

Hahaha, the last game I played as Leona, my Graves actually did beg me to stop man-moding all the time. But I wasn't dying (because full defensive masteries armor reds armor yellows relic shield Leona) and neither was he, so I told him we were fine and I forced him to win lane by putting sunlight on people and demanding that he hit them.
    And really, I think that if you choose Graves after Leona has been picked, you are sending the message that you want to play your botlane in a certain style, and that style is in their face at all times.
    If you play Graves/Leona, I think you committed yourself to Quickdrawing in and going for point blank Buckshots like all the time.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    I actually miss ward spamming way more than I thought I would.

Right now when I play support I just wind up feeling like 3/4ths of a real team member in the lategame. That's better in a straight-up fight than a pair of boots, but it's less helpful overall.

• Options
    Goumindong wrote: »
    Land your E then land your Q. Makes it so much easier. Also land your E on a caster minion and then land your Q way into the back line.

...sadly sometimes I still miss the glitterlance even when Pix is on one of the enemy botlaners. It is pathetic. I tend to get my frostfang gold by just AA'ing the enemy support.

So far I've felt like a great team member lategame, but I'm playing at a much lower elo than @Burnage. Right now I'm either playing tank Leona (Face of the mountain, tank boots, aegis, frozen heart, sightstone) or utility Nami (Talisman of ascension, tank boots, sightstone, morellonomicon or chalice, spooky ghosts or randuin's or banshee or aegis or zhonya's). As both I feel like I'm contributing tons of utility to the fights, and some damage; in general, I have enough presence that the enemy team would like to kill me, but enough health and movement that they can't. I can't really splitpush/waveclear well as either of these people, but I tend to just type "farm bot" or "farm top" and generally someone will follow my directions.

Sometimes as Karma I end up feeling a little useless late game depending on how it's going, but sometimes I feel awesome.

• Options
    shwaipshwaip Registered User regular
    just played a game where our jungle kayle didn't farm jungle at all, and never went above hunter's machete. Instead, she farmed my lane, and eventually sold the machete.

• Options
    MahnmutMahnmut Registered User regular
    Nami is still doing well for me when I can't pick Leona. I also played a game of Lulu (to counter a Leona), and although I won, I really think I'd be more impactful in lane if I *ever* landed my glitterlance :/

Oh my god, right? I'd do so much better if I could max-range it more than once in a blue moon.

Steam/LoL: Jericho89
  • Options
    pawa24pawa24 Registered User regular
    shwaip wrote: »
    just played a game where our jungle kayle didn't farm jungle at all, and never went above hunter's machete. Instead, she farmed my lane, and eventually sold the machete.

Did you win?

• Options
    MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Pixflare Registered User regular
    How did I get a mentor ribbon on my smurf? What is this rito plz!

• Options
    shwaipshwaip Registered User regular
    pawa24 wrote: »
    shwaip wrote: »

Did you win?

I'll give you two guesses, and also the hint that the answer is not yes.

• Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    Another Feral Flare nerf on the PBE. Base proc damage lowered to 25 (down from 100), AD lowered to 10 (from 15), AS lowered to 25% (from 35%). The stat changes also flow down to Wriggle's Lantern, and Feral Flare stacks are now gained on kills/assists as well as large monster kills so you're not as fully encouraged to powerfarm.

• Options
    Not sure how I feel about that change to Wriggle's. It basically removes the major downside to running a Feral jungler.

That said, it looks like they've also removed the scaling on the heal component which is an absolutely huge nerf to it.

• Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    Yeah this might be harsh enough to throw carry junglers back onto the trash heap.

• Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Man, nerf the passive or the stats. Going after both is just going to downgrade it to junk status.

Edit: Yeah, just looked closer. This is a big overreaction. If I'm reading this right, your clear will actually slow down once the Flare evolves. That makes sense.

Sprout on
  • Options
    ResIpsaLoquiturResIpsaLoquitur Not a grammar nazi, just alt-write. Registered User regular
    Ok,
    Another Feral Flare nerf on the PBE. Base proc damage lowered to 25 (down from 100), AD lowered to 10 (from 15), AS lowered to 25% (from 35%). The stat changes also flow down to Wriggle's Lantern, and Feral Flare stacks are now gained on kills/assists as well as large monster kills so you're not as fully encouraged to powerfarm.

Wait, is the base proc damage still as it relates to minions, and 33% of that to champs, or is it flat, regardless of target?
    Burnage wrote: »
    Not sure how I feel about that change to Wriggle's. It basically removes the major downside to running a Feral jungler.

That said, it looks like they've also removed the scaling on the heal component which is an absolutely huge nerf to it.

I think they had to make that change if they are going to nerf the stats as hard as they will.

League of Legends: MichaelDominick; Blizzard(NA): MichaelD#11402; Steam ID: MichaelDominick
    PwH4Ipj.jpg