Options

Choose Your Own [Conspiracy Theories]

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Blackjack wrote: »
    Fox News Wonders About UCSB Shooter’s “Homosexual Impulses”
    When I was first listening to him, I was like, ‘Oh, he’s angry with women for rejecting him.’ And then I started to have a different idea: Is this somebody who is trying to fight against his homosexual impulses? Was he angry with women because they were taking men away from him?

Keep on projectin', FOX News

• Options
    South hostSouth host I obey without question Registered User regular
    Grombar wrote: »
    Two days ago, a crazy shitstain went on a rampage in my old hometown of Isla Vista.

Yesterday, along came these guys -- who'd previously tried to guilt grieving Sandy Hook parents by questioning why they didn't donate their murdered children's organs -- to tell everyone it didn't happen.

I'm usually pretty damn slow to anger. But I'm all out patience for these shit-for-brains freaks.

Conspiracy theorists are ridiculous with their insistence that every mass shooting is a hoax. Whenever one happens, you can count on them to declare that it was a government plot, and that "this is the one" that will lead to guns being taken away/mass imprisonment/whatever, before any details are out.

It's actually kinda amusing. The people who think they're the only free thinkers have the most predictable thought patterns, and won't even listen to dissent.

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
  • Options
    RubycatRubycat Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    66k views on one of the videos, 1000 likes and 39 dislikes... I can't.
    comments lead you to believe its so thought provoking, but asking questions is fucking easy guys.

Rubycat on
    steam_sig.png
    PSN: Rubycat3 / NintentdoID: Rubycat
  • Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Rubycat wrote: »
    66k views on one of the videos, 1000 likes and 39 dislikes... I can't.
    comments lead you to believe its so thought provoking, but asking questions is fucking easy guys.

Is it?

Oh, I see. It is.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    HamHamJHamHamJ Registered User regular
    UFO/Underwater Base/Elvis/Mermaid Gladiators fighting in an underwater arena with seahorse mounts located beneath california coast!

MALIBU-CALIF-CAVE.jpg
    A massive underwater entrance has been discovered off the Malibu, CA coast at Point Dume which appears to be the Holy Grail of UFO/USO researchers that have been looking for it over the last 40 years. The plateau structure is 1.35 miles x 2.45 miles wide, 6.66 miles from land and the entrance between the support pillars is 2745 feet wide and 630 feet tall. It also has what looks like a total nuclear bomb proof ceiling that is 500 feet thick. The discovery was made by Maxwell, Dale Romero and Jimmy Church, host of FADE to BLACK on the Dark Matter Radio Network on Monday, May 12th 2014 and announced on Facebook, Twitter and Church’s radio program the following day. The underwater base has been a mystery for many years with hundreds of UFO/USO sightings…many with photographs…but the entrance of the base has remained elusive…until now. The entrance can support nuclear sized submarines and massive UFO/USO activity and allow access to different military installations that are inside the US such as the China Lake Naval Base that is in the middle of the Mojave desert and the Naval Undersea Warfare Center in Hawthorne, NV between Las Vegas and Reno. In the photographs you can see its relation to the coastline, Los Angeles and its natural surroundings which to not match up with the structure itself…which is massive in scale. The support pillars to the entrance are over 600 feet tall. Malibu, California, is known the world over for its scenic beauty and as the playground of the rich and famous. Few people know that it is also the land of UFOs.

In the late 1950s, as my neighbor and some of his friends were watching the sun setting on the Pacific Ocean, they witnessed three bright UFOs fly across the water at great speed then hover for a few minutes over the Santa Monica Mountains before flying off out of sight. My family moved in around 1962. We had a perfect view of Zuma Beach in our front yard with the mountains for our backyard, and the star-filled sky above us at night. During the 1960s, people were frequently seeing UFOs flying around Malibu, but a lot of people were taking hallucinogenic substances in those days too. However, by the early 1970s, whole families were going down to the beach at Point Dume at night to watch the multicolored UFOs that would sink under the water at times. NOTE: The above image is from Google earth.

Or, you know, maybe it's a weird anomaly on Google Earth's mapping system contours.

Probably aliens though.

Finding something on Google Maps isn't really a "discovery". Get back to me when someone actually dives down at this spot and finds something.

While racing light mechs, your Urbanmech comes in second place, but only because it ran out of ammo.
  • Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    UFO/Underwater Base/Elvis/Mermaid Gladiators fighting in an underwater arena with seahorse mounts located beneath california coast!

MALIBU-CALIF-CAVE.jpg
    A massive underwater entrance has been discovered off the Malibu, CA coast at Point Dume which appears to be the Holy Grail of UFO/USO researchers that have been looking for it over the last 40 years. The plateau structure is 1.35 miles x 2.45 miles wide, 6.66 miles from land and the entrance between the support pillars is 2745 feet wide and 630 feet tall. It also has what looks like a total nuclear bomb proof ceiling that is 500 feet thick. The discovery was made by Maxwell, Dale Romero and Jimmy Church, host of FADE to BLACK on the Dark Matter Radio Network on Monday, May 12th 2014 and announced on Facebook, Twitter and Church’s radio program the following day. The underwater base has been a mystery for many years with hundreds of UFO/USO sightings…many with photographs…but the entrance of the base has remained elusive…until now. The entrance can support nuclear sized submarines and massive UFO/USO activity and allow access to different military installations that are inside the US such as the China Lake Naval Base that is in the middle of the Mojave desert and the Naval Undersea Warfare Center in Hawthorne, NV between Las Vegas and Reno. In the photographs you can see its relation to the coastline, Los Angeles and its natural surroundings which to not match up with the structure itself…which is massive in scale. The support pillars to the entrance are over 600 feet tall. Malibu, California, is known the world over for its scenic beauty and as the playground of the rich and famous. Few people know that it is also the land of UFOs.

In the late 1950s, as my neighbor and some of his friends were watching the sun setting on the Pacific Ocean, they witnessed three bright UFOs fly across the water at great speed then hover for a few minutes over the Santa Monica Mountains before flying off out of sight. My family moved in around 1962. We had a perfect view of Zuma Beach in our front yard with the mountains for our backyard, and the star-filled sky above us at night. During the 1960s, people were frequently seeing UFOs flying around Malibu, but a lot of people were taking hallucinogenic substances in those days too. However, by the early 1970s, whole families were going down to the beach at Point Dume at night to watch the multicolored UFOs that would sink under the water at times. NOTE: The above image is from Google earth.

Or, you know, maybe it's a weird anomaly on Google Earth's mapping system contours.

Probably aliens though.

If they used Apple maps they'd find so much more.

Mysterious roads that go nowhere. Secret mountains in the middle of suburbs. The edge of the world.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    One of these days, if I can actually find a group that's up for it, I'm going to run an RPG that is set in a world where all the conspiracy theories are true. All of them. Even (or probably more accurately, especially) the mutually contradictory ones.

It will be such a glorious mess.

We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    OptimusZed wrote: »
    One of these days, if I can actually find a group that's up for it, I'm going to run an RPG that is set in a world where all the conspiracy theories are true. All of them. Even (or probably more accurately, especially) the mutually contradictory ones.

No no, Zed - all of them are true, even the mutually contradictory ones. Somehow.

Princess Diana is alive. But she was also assassinated!

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    The Ender wrote: »

No no, Zed - all of them are true, even the mutually contradictory ones. Somehow.

Exactly. Elvis is alive after being killed by the CIA who he still works for as an alien informant-slash-assassin.

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I'd love a game like that where the world behaved according to some pseudo quantum observer effect, where history is instantly rewritten to fit according to whatever they are currently puzzling over.

Elvis is a reptoid assassin if you break into Wright-Patterson and discover the secrets of Hangar 18... but if you then go to Elvis's hidden unmarked grave and exhume the body, it turns out he was assassinated. The world switches between these states as the players fumble over different evidence.

If players try to make these mutually exclusive worlds intersect... they can't. Bring Elvis's bullet-ridden body to Wright-Patterson, and suddenly Hangar 18 is just another nondescript building. Bring the reptoid technology and / or Elvis the assassin himself to the unmarked grave, and suddenly the grave is no longer there.

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
  • Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular

Exactly. Elvis is alive after being killed by the CIA who he still works for as an alien informant-slash-assassin.

This discussion reminded me of the existence of Illuminati (the board game).

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular

I have the original first edition [url=
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conspiracy_X]this.

It's exactly what your describing. I'm thinking of running it on the boards at some point.

• Options
    Page-Page- Registered User regular
    When I listened to Coast to Coast (back when Art Bell was still doing it), I loved to imagine that even 1/8th of that shit was half true. It made for fun listening.

I'll say, even though I didn't believe then, and really don't believe now, Art Bell was an amazing broadcaster. He is one of the reasons that I still prefer radio to television or movies. Conspiracy nuts have helped me stay up during many sleepless nights.

Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
    Anyone want to beta read a paranormal mystery novella? Here's your chance.
    stream
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    Oh god...
    Norgoth wrote: »

I have the original first edition this.

It's exactly what your describing. I'm thinking of running it on the boards at some point.

I was going to make this exact suggestion.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    What I find weird about the false flag for mass shootings people is that it's not working. The government has been murdering kids in spectacular fashion for decades and we're further away than ever from banning guns. If Sandy Hook doesn't lead to us banning guns, why would they continue with the massacres? And why would they not keep upping the body counts?

I understand the conspiracy theorists who think that maybe the government "let" alqeada through security and let the attacks happen. But the idea that it was all faked, that there were no deaths, or that it was controlled blasts and missiles not planes. It's on the same level as believing in lizard men, because you have to believe that thousands upon thousands of people are behaving in such a profoundly inhuman way. It's cartoonish.

I once got into a Facebook argument with a friends boyfriend about loose change, he laughed at me for claiming to know about history because I have a masters degree in it. He would focus on grammar errors or make vague claims about me being too dumb to be a historian. I think that's what actually dragged me into the fight more than his beliefs. It got really nasty and I ended up falling out with my friend over it, mainly because she believed her boyfriend, in retrospect it was a shitty thing for me to do. But you live and learn. It's easy to laugh at them amongst like minded people, but it's kind of maddening when you're confronted with a group of them all laughing at you, I can't imagine how much survivors of massacres and 9/11 would want to punch them.

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    OptimusZed, it sounds like you want to run a campaign in the Deus Ex universe.

• Options
    edited May 2014
    Deus Ex definitely does a lot of this stuff.

But it doesn't really do the "Lizard People from Atlantis are conspiring to keep us ignorant of the threat from Nibiru via flouridation because the tribunal of The Queen, Sting and Yokozuna need to drive up grain prices to fund the coming mass-chipping of Protestants as ordered by the New World Order of Airline Stewardesses."

OptimusZed on

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Prohass wrote: »
    What I find weird about the false flag for mass shootings people is that it's not working. The government has been murdering kids in spectacular fashion for decades and we're further away than ever from banning guns. If Sandy Hook doesn't lead to us banning guns, why would they continue with the massacres? And why would they not keep upping the body counts?

I understand the conspiracy theorists who think that maybe the government "let" alqeada through security and let the attacks happen. But the idea that it was all faked, that there were no deaths, or that it was controlled blasts and missiles not planes. It's on the same level as believing in lizard men, because you have to believe that thousands upon thousands of people are behaving in such a profoundly inhuman way. It's cartoonish.

I once got into a Facebook argument with a friends boyfriend about loose change, he laughed at me for claiming to know about history because I have a masters degree in it. He would focus on grammar errors or make vague claims about me being too dumb to be a historian. I think that's what actually dragged me into the fight more than his beliefs. It got really nasty and I ended up falling out with my friend over it, mainly because she believed her boyfriend, in retrospect it was a shitty thing for me to do. But you live and learn. It's easy to laugh at them amongst like minded people, but it's kind of maddening when you're confronted with a group of them all laughing at you, I can't imagine how much survivors of massacres and 9/11 would want to punch them.

About like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wcrkxOgzhU&feature=kp

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    Anarchy Rules!Anarchy Rules! Registered User regular
    That video will never get old.

I think like a lot of people in this thread I really enjoy conspiracy theories; but more as a spectator sport than as an active participant. It's rather fascinating seeing the leaps of logic, correlation/causation issues and general insanity that characterise most conspiracy theories.

• Options
    KhoshekhKhoshekh Registered User regular
    You know, maybe the reason the world is in such a parlous state is that these conspiracies really are all real, and they're working at cross-purposes and getting in each other's way...

"Baby," I said. "I'm a genius but nobody knows it but me."
  • Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    I'd love a game like that where the world behaved according to some pseudo quantum observer effect, where history is instantly rewritten to fit according to whatever they are currently puzzling over.

Elvis is a reptoid assassin if you break into Wright-Patterson and discover the secrets of Hangar 18... but if you then go to Elvis's hidden unmarked grave and exhume the body, it turns out he was assassinated. The world switches between these states as the players fumble over different evidence.

If players try to make these mutually exclusive worlds intersect... they can't. Bring Elvis's bullet-ridden body to Wright-Patterson, and suddenly Hangar 18 is just another nondescript building. Bring the reptoid technology and / or Elvis the assassin himself to the unmarked grave, and suddenly the grave is no longer there.

Paranoid Schizophrenia, the game!

• Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    edited May 2014
    Khoshekh wrote: »
    You know, maybe the reason the world is in such a parlous state is that these conspiracies really are all real, and they're working at cross-purposes and getting in each other's way...

Nah, it's crazier than that, and yet more mundane. There are no lizard people or grey/green men or mind control serums. Instead there are people who exist that believe that the best way to get to an audience is to perpetrate mass misinformation campaigns about the purposes of their own agenda and that of their opponents.

But instead of being about the loch ness monster it's about taxes and gun control.

At least the concept of believing that the loch ness monster is out there but being covered up makes some insane sense. If it was out there, it would be covered up. Not believing that your opponent is going to bring down an entire country through taxation or health care, but selling it that way to the public anyways. That is the real craziness.

Dedwrekka on
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »

About like this?

That video could have been faked. I'm not going to hold it against Buzz Aldrin unless that guy can prove it wasn't a staged event.

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    I think the proliferation of conspiracy theories can be chalked up to the vanity of small minds, akin to some variation on Dunning-Kruger where the more uninformed you are the more confident you are in doubling-down on your view of reality.

If there's not a name for this fallacy, there needs to be. It's practically the foundation the Tea Party is built upon.

• Options
    Atomika wrote: »
    I think the proliferation of conspiracy theories can be chalked up to the vanity of small minds, akin to some variation on Dunning-Kruger where the more uninformed you are the more confident you are in doubling-down on your view of reality.

If there's not a name for this fallacy, there needs to be. It's practically the foundation the Tea Party is built upon.

Al Franken coined the phrase "pseudo-certainty" and I think it fits right up there with Stephen Colbert's "truthiness". A lot of Dunning-Kruger political wrongness can be chalked up to groupthink and appeal to popularity, as well. When the desire to fit in well with people who think a certain way is valued more than being actually correct, you get a lot of reinforcement from that group and believe something is true because lots of others do as well.

It's why people can still claim global warming is a hoax. They hear it from the news, and parrot it to each other all day long, backs are patted, and incorrect beliefs are reinforced.

• Options
    edited May 2014

Al Franken coined the phrase "pseudo-certainty" and I think it fits right up there with Stephen Colbert's "truthiness". A lot of Dunning-Kruger political wrongness can be chalked up to groupthink and appeal to popularity, as well. When the desire to fit in well with people who think a certain way is valued more than being actually correct, you get a lot of reinforcement from that group and believe something is true because lots of others do as well.

It's why people can still claim global warming is a hoax. They hear it from the news, and parrot it to each other all day long, backs are patted, and incorrect beliefs are reinforced.

Agreed.

Also, specifically with the American Right Wing, the interconnectivity between the political and the religious is a likely culprit as to how these adherents are not particularly dissuaded by scientific and demonstrable refutation. Their belief system is just that: belief. It requires no measurable data to assert itself, and needs none to maintain itself. The assumption of persecution herein is innate (as they are in all irrational dogmatic systems), so applying that sensibility to a political ideology or conspiracy is, to pardon the pun, a no-brainer.

Atomika on
  • Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    edited May 2014

Agreed.

Also, specifically with the American Right Wing, the interconnectivity between the political and the religious is a likely culprit as to how these adherents are not particularly dissuaded by scientific and demonstrable refutation. Their belief system is just that: belief. It requires no measurable data to assert itself, and needs none to maintain itself. The assumption of persecution herein is innate (as they are in all irrational dogmatic systems), so applying that sensibility to a political ideology or conspiracy is, to pardon the pun, a no-brainer.

They've obsessed with viewing themselves as victims and see themselves as rebels going against the "establishment." Which they see as being ruled by the extreme left, feminism, pro-LGBT, pro-gun control political mechanisms. Naturally this dies down during Republican administrations.

edit: You'll get this from left wing conspiracy theorists, too.

Harry Dresden on
  • Options
    Julian Sanchez, of all people, wrote about the feedback loop in conservative circles:
    One of the more striking features of the contemporary conservative movement is the extent to which it has been moving toward epistemic closure. Reality is defined by a multimedia array of interconnected and cross promoting conservative blogs, radio programs, magazines, and of course, Fox News. Whatever conflicts with that reality can be dismissed out of hand because it comes from the liberal media, and is therefore ipso facto not to be trusted. (How do you know they’re liberal? Well, they disagree with the conservative media!) This epistemic closure…

It's circular logic, and it's the reason Benghazi can become such a huge deal in conservative circles and met with a massive shrug everywhere else. It's a conspiracy theory, and it's obviously grasping at very thin straws, but the feedback loop is actually strengthened when evidence to the contrary is presented.

Note that I'm not trying to turn the thread into a lolpublicans discussion. This logic applies to lots of other conspiracy theories as well. Again, global warming denialists are fucking rampant in America, even though literally every bit of reliable data shows the source as anthropogenic. If you show this data to somebody who strongly believes that anthropogenic global warming is a conspiracy, they will actually cling to their beliefs harder.

• Options

Agreed.

They've obsessed with viewing themselves as victims and see themselves as rebels going against the "establishment." Which they see as being ruled by the extreme left, feminism, pro-LGBT, pro-gun control political mechanisms.

The problem with that is that they're not wrong. The US is becoming increasingly and openly more supportive of left-wing initiatives. But an enlightened democracy tends to do that, and we have since the beginning.

What social conservatives fail to see is that, over a long enough time, they always lose. And they lose because their ideas are unsupportable and/or unable to be successfully implemented in the real world.

• Options

Agreed.

They've obsessed with viewing themselves as victims and see themselves as rebels going against the "establishment." Which they see as being ruled by the extreme left, feminism, pro-LGBT, pro-gun control political mechanisms.

The problem with that is that they're not wrong. The US is becoming increasingly and openly more supportive of left-wing initiatives. But an enlightened democracy tends to do that, and we have since the beginning.

What social conservatives fail to see is that, over a long enough time, they always lose. And they lose because their ideas are unsupportable and/or unable to be successfully implemented in the real world.

They're wrong by the scale of the left's successes and think every Democrat is a flaming liberal. By their count they've lost the culture war when in reality the right wing has a tremendous amount of power within politics and society's structure. Had they been right a politician like Dubya never would have had a chance at winning the presidency.

• Options
    If you show this data to somebody who strongly believes that anthropogenic global warming is a conspiracy, they will actually cling to their beliefs harder.

This is another fallacy which we need a name for, the doubling-down on erroneous beliefs in the face of verifiable refutation. As I said, it has more to do with the vanity of small minds, as many people prefer the assumption of veracity to the proof of it. For whatever reason, the human mind takes damage of the ego more painfully than adherence to a false perception of reality.

• Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »

About like this?

That video could have been faked. I'm not going to hold it against Buzz Aldrin unless that guy can prove it wasn't a staged event.

You may think you're joking, but there are people who actually claim, using slo-me and zoom and saying, "OMG, he flinched before the punch landed! He knew it was coming! So fakers!" Which I guess just goes to show how much physical activity they've actually experienced in their lives...

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Mortious wrote: »

MALIBU-CALIF-CAVE.jpg

Probably aliens though.

Mysterious roads that go nowhere. Secret mountains in the middle of suburbs. The edge of the world.

Agreed.

They're wrong by the scale of the left's successes and think every Democrat is a flaming liberal. By their count they've lost the culture war when in reality the right wing has a tremendous amount of power within politics and society's structure. Had they been right a politician like Dubya never would have had a chance at winning the presidency.
    To be fair that chance was massively incompetent supreme court not public opinion

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    BlindPsychicBlindPsychic Registered User regular
    Dedwrekka wrote: »
    Khoshekh wrote: »

Nah, it's crazier than that, and yet more mundane. There are no lizard people or grey/green men or mind control serums. Instead there are people who exist that believe that the best way to get to an audience is to perpetrate mass misinformation campaigns about the purposes of their own agenda and that of their opponents.

But instead of being about the loch ness monster it's about taxes and gun control.

At least the concept of believing that the loch ness monster is out there but being covered up makes some insane sense. If it was out there, it would be covered up. Not believing that your opponent is going to bring down an entire country through taxation or health care, but selling it that way to the public anyways. That is the real craziness.

You should check out the Invisibles.

• Options
    If you show this data to somebody who strongly believes that anthropogenic global warming is a conspiracy, they will actually cling to their beliefs harder.

This is another fallacy which we need a name for, the doubling-down on erroneous beliefs in the face of verifiable refutation. As I said, it has more to do with the vanity of small minds, as many people prefer the assumption of veracity to the proof of it. For whatever reason, the human mind takes damage of the ego more painfully than adherence to a false perception of reality.

Well, consider the risk / reward calculation of making some random predictive claim that goes against conventional knowledge. Maybe 98% of the time, you're just wrong - but nothing really happens. At worst, you're maybe known as that crazy guy and / or that wrong guy for like a week.

But if you're right? Even if you just made the equivalent of some random guess? Well, now you're a prophet! You can claim to some special system or special insight that allows you to predict whatever outcome, and achieve some level of celebrity & leadership that's otherwise inaccessible to you. 'All these people were wrong, see - and I was right. So, who are you going to listen to from now on?'

With Love and Courage
  • Options

MALIBU-CALIF-CAVE.jpg

Probably aliens though.

Agreed.

To be fair that chance was massively incompetent supreme court not public opinion

If Dubya was such a long shot he'd have never got into a position for the Court to interfere. That was a close race.

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular

MALIBU-CALIF-CAVE.jpg

Probably aliens though.

Agreed.

If Dubya was such a long shot he'd have never got into a position for the Court to interfere. That was a close race.

Actual conspiracy (sort of): the press made that race close. Starting with their following the wharglbargl of the bullshit investigations into Clinton and then just flat out lying about Gore repeatedly and with malice.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    I just spent a few hours wading through chemtrail stupid in a (so far successful) attempt to keep my niece from following her dad down the rabbit hole, and something occurred to me. There is an incredible amount of detail in the chemtrail conspiracy theories, including timetables, detailed technical documents, patents taken out of context, and just millions of excruciatingly quote mined "experts."

There's one thing missing*: Why? What, exactly, is the point of this mass depopulation? In indiscriminately reducing the workforce, the consumer base, the military, and everybody else? In all the logic, I can't find this piece of the puzzle. The supposed goals of depopulation call for an overpopulated dystopian hellscape of pacified masses, not scattered survivors wheezing out a poison choked existence in a world of abandoned cities. The kind of thing you get late in a game of Civ with all the non military victory options disabled.

*-other than how dangerous a depopulation plan can be if it's taken thirty years to kill approximately zero people.

Hevach on
  • Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    I had always assumed that depopulation conspiracy theories posited some kind of Ra's Al Ghul philosophy at the center of it. "Mankind will rapidly overpopulate the earth and consume all available resources until all live in poverty, so to prevent that from happening, we (the only people worth preserving) will destroy just about everyone else and live comfortably on the earth's bounty alone." I have actively avoided most any contact with chemtrail believers; is that not what they put forward?

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular

MALIBU-CALIF-CAVE.jpg

Probably aliens though.

Agreed.

Actual conspiracy (sort of): the press made that race close. Starting with their following the wharglbargl of the bullshit investigations into Clinton and then just flat out lying about Gore repeatedly and with malice.

Its hardly a conspiracy at this point. Theyre not even hiding it anymore. Ratings rule

In fact your more likely to be slandered as a conspiracy theorist if you have solid evidence and facts on your side

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
This discussion has been closed.