Options

[Megaten/Persona Discussion] SMTxFE returns(without much SMT).

• Options
    Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular
    Bursar wrote: »
    I swear to Og, if I have to keep hearing people read that as "hashtag FE" instead of "Sharp," I'm going to have some kind of aneurysm.

We call # "Pound" 'round here in 'Merika.

Or "Number". It's used for a lot of things.

• Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    Bursar wrote: »
    I swear to Og, if I have to keep hearing people read that as "hashtag FE" instead of "Sharp," I'm going to have some kind of aneurysm.

We call # "Pound" 'round here in 'Merika.

Or "Number". It's used for a lot of things.

Granted, the Japanese love affair with English words and symbols creates a lot of awful things in game and anime titles (Oh, semicolon, you poor creature, you don't deserve what's been done to you). But given the seeming emphasis on music and performance in the trailer, "Sharp" seems to be correctly used... or, at least, in a situation that seems vaguely relevant to it if you don't look at it too closely.

At least, I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt that it's correct!

GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    Spoilered until images are unborked. egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options
    QuiotuQuiotu Registered User regular
    That brings up an interesting question: Is it actually possible for a trailer to look like Persona without Persona style music? Which is equally distinctive.

I think most people can agree at this point that Shoji Meguro is an integral man in the Persona experience, and not having his jams in game would feel... wrong.

wbee62u815wj.png
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    That brings up an interesting question: Is it actually possible for a trailer to look like Persona without Persona style music? Which is equally distinctive.

I'm not sure but I'm going to try to sync up the Persona 5 trailer to early 90s west coast rap as long as it takes to find a good match

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular

I'm not sure but I'm going to try to sync up the Persona 5 trailer to early 90s west coast rap as long as it takes to find a good match

http://vmashup.com/X47nciCq

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    See, it's fine.

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Wow, we almost lasted a year.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Houn wrote: »

http://vmashup.com/X47nciCq

Heh, the Igor part was the best.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    I'm just now realizing that Young MC was NY, though, thus not "90s West Coast Rap".

I shall think on this.

• Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    http://vmashup.com/iwWt0FGv

works surprisingly well until the second chorus, which is a bit awkward with the end of the trailer.

• Options
    edited April 2015
    Ah-ha!

http://vmashup.com/HbuEFj1B

*edit* Ha-ha, Double Snoop!

Houn on
  • Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Tried going to the bottom of Monad just to see how badly Elizabeth would kick my ass. The answer: very, very badly.

Now I just need to finish off the last Vision Quest fights, give Margaret a shot, and then on to the finale.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    6qrsQ.jpg

• Options
    Are they in mourning over Teddie's death or something?

• Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    And why is Chie dressed like a flamenco dancer?

camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Blackjack wrote: »
    And why is Chie dressed like a flamenco dancer?

And why did she dye her hair?

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    Yosuke looks old.

• Options
    Zerozaki IshikiZerozaki Ishiki Registered User regular
    And what the fuck is that hideous thing on Yukiko's neck?

• Options
    StereodantStereodant Registered User regular
    They all look older, but they don't look like their
    time-skip selves in P4G
    so not canon! Or something like that.

• Options
    PLA wrote: »
    6qrsQ.jpg

Much as I like the picture and am curious what it's about, I'm... not really needing any more P4 stuff right now. P4DAN is still coming out, and after that Atlus REALLY needs to just move on.

Seriously Atlus, why are you pretending Catherine doesn't exist? That has a million directions it could go and explore, and it didn't exactly sell badly. The P3/4 love is nice, but for Christ's sake...

wbee62u815wj.png
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    More like, why are you pretending that Persona 2 doesn't exist? :(

P2 games had the best casts, imo. :(

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options

Perhaps, but Atlus really isn't in a position where it needs to be the 'remember when we were cool?' developer. Every other Japanese developer seems to be in that mode, because they can't stop shitting on established franchises. Atlus hasn't hit that threshold yet, but IMO they are VERY close...

wbee62u815wj.png
  • Options
    6qrsQ.jpg

As cool as this is, what is it for?

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    It's just fan art.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    LoveIsUnityLoveIsUnity Registered User regular
    Not interested in arguing about that image because Kanji is lookin' swag as all hell and that's all that matters.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Maz- wrote: »
    It's just fan art.

Phew, everyone's reactions had me thinking it was a new project.

Although if it was, they could sure do worse.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Quiotu wrote: »

Perhaps, but Atlus really isn't in a position where it needs to be the 'remember when we were cool?' developer.

You wouldn't know it from the way they've been riding Persona 4 ever since Golden came out.

(remember, P4G may have had some new elements, but P4 is not a new game.)

• Options
    Donnicton wrote: »

Perhaps, but Atlus really isn't in a position where it needs to be the 'remember when we were cool?' developer.

You wouldn't know it from the way they've been riding Persona 4 ever since Golden came out.

Golden is three years old.

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular

P4 is seven.

My point is that they're riding a seven year old game. I don't care of P4G made it more popular, it's still a game that has been out for seven years.

• Options
    They brought us Soul Hackers and SMTIV in the meantime.

As long as they throw us a bone every so often, go on and milk P4 dry.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    I think the complaints might have merit if these spinoff games weren't so obviously labors of love and not just blatant, awful cash grabs

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax is my very favorite fighting game

Persona Q was the best kind of fanservice and it even had a surprisingly touching story

Dancing All Night is going to be obnoxious but I think that's what everybody is loving about it

These are good games, people

• Options

P4 is seven.

My point is that they're riding a seven year old game. I don't care of P4G made it more popular, it's still a game that has been out for seven years.

My point is that Golden is fucking old.

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular

P4 is seven.

My point is that Golden is fucking old.

And Vanilla wants you to get off its lawn.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    I think my biggest gripe with golden is that they never ported it to ps3, they only did the regular version. I'm not dropping the money on the vita when there arent very many games i'm interested in for it, and I played 4 on the ps2...

• Options
    Enigmedic wrote: »
    I think my biggest gripe with golden is that they never ported it to ps3, they only did the regular version. I'm not dropping the money on the vita when there arent very many games i'm interested in for it, and I played 4 on the ps2...

I predict that we could change your opinion on that over in the Vita thread...

• Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular

This was my opinion.

Now I own a pstv.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    No Shizuo-DLC.

• Options
    EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    SLyM wrote: »

This was my opinion.

Now I own a pstv.

Well I also don't own a PS4 yet so that is a bit of money to be throwing around atm. I'll just have to be content with the psp remake of 3 that I have. I'm thinking about grabbing record breaker when it comes out. Anyone have any input on whether it is basically fire emblem with smt combat/demons?

The fire emblem crossover looks pretty cool especially since i do have a wiiu.

• Options
    No Shizuo-DLC.

No sale. Though I'm not up for paying the Atlus Tax, anyway. IV was worth it. Overclocked 2? Hell no.

Devil Survivor 2 3DS will cost more than the average new PS3 game. Consider that.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options