As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[ArcheAge] Sate your inner criminal. Early Release! Ollo Server! West/Nuia Ho!

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Patch up for download and servers down for another 5 hours or so for the update.

Patch notes:
    ArcheAge Version 1.2 Build 4.15: Patch Notes

AURORIA

* The Auroria siege schedule has been changed to start sooner!

* Sieges tokens will be listed on the Auction House every three weeks at 2:30 PM PST / 10:30 PM GMT followed by the siege declaration 48 hours later when the auction ends. Sieges themselves will begin four days after the siege token is listed on the Auction House at 1:00 PM PST / 9:00 PM GMT with mutual hostile status being set for the attacking and defending guilds 30 minutes prior to the siege beginning.

* The first siege tokens for Heedmar and Nuimari will be going up on the Auction House next Wednesday, November 19 at 2:30 PM PST / 10:30 PM GMT with the siege starting on Sunday, November 23 at 1:00 PM PST / 9:00 PM GMT.

* The first siege tokens for Marcala and Calmlands will be going up on the Auction House on Wednesday, November 26 at 2:30 PM PST / 10:30 PM GMT with the siege starting on Sunday, November 30 at 1:00 PM PST / 9:00 PM GMT.

* While these are currently set as universal times for both NA and EU, we are looking into being able to set the time for each region individually. We'll have an update on this by next Wednesday. That said, we will do everything within our power to ensure that the first Heedmar/Nuimari and Marcala/Calmlands times announced in these patch notes do not change: players can plan their gameplay time based on them.

INTERFACE

* The chat filter has been improved to detect more instances and methods of spam. Help this learning filter detect new patterns by using the "report spam" function (available by right-clicking on the offending user's name)!

MISC

* HackShield's unwarranted force-disconnections have been curbed by reducing the number of false-positives it generates. Previous false-positive force-disconnections have not resulted in false-positive bans.

* New, additional anti-hacking detection has been introduced with this build. As a reminder, examples of hacking include but aren't limited to using illicit third-party software, modifying the game client, or intercepting packets between server and client.

Emphasis mine.

Also, @mojojoeo‌ are you going to be on some day to continue crafting weapons and partaking in enjoyable boating activities?

• Options
    RhimeRhime Registered User regular
    Figgy, what happened to the forum posts at the guildlaunch site? I wanted to post a guide on the upcoming siege system they are patching in today.

• Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    Rhime wrote: »
    Figgy, what happened to the forum posts at the guildlaunch site? I wanted to post a guide on the upcoming siege system they are patching in today.

If you're only seeing "News & Announcements" in the forums you probably aren't logged in. Don't want non-guildies seeing our super secret plans!

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    RilkeRilke Balthazar bless my strength, teach my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. Registered User regular
    I just made a Google Spreadsheet so we can keep track of which people are doing what crafting professions. If you are inactive, please still put your name on it but add a modifier so people know you are inactive!
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1iuEos9K_sLEFSYuI6595tkYSpLdmGQu-ZxGcykrbaEQ/edit#gid=0
    this post is also on the website in member discussion

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Rilke wrote: »
    I just made a Google Spreadsheet so we can keep track of which people are doing what crafting professions. If you are inactive, please still put your name on it but add a modifier so people know you are inactive!
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1iuEos9K_sLEFSYuI6595tkYSpLdmGQu-ZxGcykrbaEQ/edit#gid=0
    this post is also on the website in member discussion

You'll need to make the spreadsheet public or hand out permissions to everyone.

• Options
    RilkeRilke Balthazar bless my strength, teach my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    my bad, my first time doing a google spreadsheet, Try it again, I'll keep fiddling with it until it is fixed

Rilke on
  • Options
    Sweet, viewable now so later I will get on and post my numbers for updating.

• Options
    IongantasIongantas Registered User regular
    Rilke wrote: »
    my bad, my first time doing a google spreadsheet, Try it again, I'll keep fiddling with it until it is fixed

So are we supposed to update this? Right now it is only viewable.

• Options
    edited November 2014
    k, I'll fiddle with it some more, still trying to figure it out
    edit: Okay, that should have fixed it, let me know either way!

Rilke on
  • Options
    JagmasJagmas Registered User regular
  • Options
    There's a problem with that plan. "Find an open 8x8 space." Lol wut?

• Options
    DraygoDraygo Registered User regular
    Yeah don't abuse that.

Plus it seems like it would be rather expensive, even just paying for 10 certs to do it that will cost you 400 labor or a big chunk of gold.

• Options
    FoomyFoomy Registered User regular
    There's a problem with that plan. "Find an open 8x8 space." Lol wut?

ton of open spots in one of the temporary gardens.

But using up tax certs to do it doesn't seem like it would be worth the profit.

Steam Profile: FoomyFooms
  • Options
    lol, you don't have 500 of them stockpiled like me then

• Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    there's also apparently a 75m range on it. Seems like a great way to spend 10 times as long to move as half as far as you could have simply walked the distance.

GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • Options
    That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
  • Options
    Niceguy MyeyeNiceguy Myeye Registered User regular
    @GnomeTank‌ Your farm is in danger of foreclosure.

• Options
    That_Guy wrote: »
    That post was deleted on Reddit. What exactly is the exploit?

I guess you can put packs in your cart/wagon/merchant ship while on an 8x8, destroy the 8x8 and the cart/wagon/merchant ship despawns with the packs. Go to a trader, spawn the cart/wagon/merchant ship, and tada, the packs were still there. But the efficiency of this method is under question.

• Options

I guess you can put packs in your cart/wagon/merchant ship while on an 8x8, destroy the 8x8 and the cart/wagon/merchant ship despawns with the packs. Go to a trader, spawn the cart/wagon/merchant ship, and tada, the packs were still there. But the efficiency of this method is under question.

So the packs are supposed to stay on the land and in the cart?

• Options

Well, I'm not sure as I haven't tried it, but when you destroy the 8x8 it removes everything that you owned that is on the land, including a spawned cart apparently. If you had packs in the cart, then when you respawn the cart, they would still be in it. So, theoretically you could spawn the cart right at a trader in enemy lands and turn in those packs without danger. But, you would have wasted a lot of resources building and destroying the 8x8.

Also, on the reddit thread, they are reporting it only working like 75 meters from where the 8x8 was at. So, not really going to get to a trader with that distance...

• Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    @GnomeTank‌ Your farm is in danger of foreclosure.

Thanks. I'll pay the taxes when I get home from work.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options

Well, I'm not sure as I haven't tried it, but when you destroy the 8x8 it removes everything that you owned that is on the land, including a spawned cart apparently. If you had packs in the cart, then when you respawn the cart, they would still be in it. So, theoretically you could spawn the cart right at a trader in enemy lands and turn in those packs without danger. But, you would have wasted a lot of resources building and destroying the 8x8.

Also, on the reddit thread, they are reporting it only working like 75 meters from where the 8x8 was at. So, not really going to get to a trader with that distance...

So it's just a way to move your farm cart with packs in it? Doesn't really seem like that big of a deal to me. I thought it was a duping method.

• Options
    FoomyFoomy Registered User regular

So it's just a way to move your farm cart with packs in it? Doesn't really seem like that big of a deal to me. I thought it was a duping method.

Well if it would work farther then 75m, people could of done things like load up 4 packs into a tractor, despawned it, teleport over to freedich or the other continent and then resummon the cart with packs right at the trader, turning a long run into all of 5mins work in perfect safety. It's a good thing that it doesn't work that way.

Steam Profile: FoomyFooms
  • Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    yeah I think it's one of those things that would totally wreck the economy. Whoever found it realized what they'd done and how potentially game breaking it would be, then reported it before testing its limitations. It's still well worth Trion/XL looking into that implementation because while this exploit has turned out to not be that bad there may very well be other exploits using a similar vector.

GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • Options
    Marionople makes my computer hard reboot for some reason. Only Marionople. It's weird and frustrating.

• Options
    YougottawannaYougottawanna Registered User regular
    So I have a farm plot near Royster's, but I'm neck-deep in dragon age and won't be able to play anything else for a while. I can log in to pay taxes, but my patron status expires tomorrow. What happens to my plot? Should I give it to someone?

• Options
    So I have a farm plot near Royster's, but I'm neck-deep in dragon age and won't be able to play anything else for a while. I can log in to pay taxes, but my patron status expires tomorrow. What happens to my plot? Should I give it to someone?

What size will fit in your spot?

I think it gets the destruction notice and goes away after a week or two. The design gets nailed back to you and you can't own land until you go patron again.

• Options
    MandresMandres Registered User regular
    Still would like to get access to some guild land for growing alchemy mats for guild pots.

Best bet is to sell the plot to someone in the guild for 1g or whatever. If I'm on when you're ready to transfer I'll gladly take it off your hands (:

• Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    Taxes paid on my 16x16, thanks again to @Niceguy Myeye for the heads up.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    Gimme 16! I still need my first 16x16...

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    Figgy wrote: »

Me too!

• Options
    IongantasIongantas Registered User regular
    Figgy wrote: »

Me too!

Me Three!

• Options
    MandresMandres Registered User regular
    @Jagmas Sorry about the delay on your rice - my ISP crashed last night. I'll mail it all over as soon as I get home today.

• Options
    Mandres wrote: »
    @Jagmas Sorry about the delay on your rice - my ISP crashed last night. I'll mail it all over as soon as I get home today.

No worries!

• Options
    Castle Siege happening live.

FOE Defending Castle..starts in 15 minutes or so. They are currently prepping..

• Options
    DraygoDraygo Registered User regular
    @Rilke sent you a ton of mats for processing into bows.

• Options
    hoping on now

• Options
    Anyone know who Headphones is in-game? Hasn't been on in 2 weeks and his 8x8 plot is empty and scheduled for destruction on the 26th. I will gladly take it over as I'm needing a spot for my newly acquired special smelting furnace.

Alternatively, I'll take over and/or pay for any other 8x8 that someone has available, but that Headphones one would be perfect for me right now.

• Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    @davidsdurions‌ That's a friend of Camui's so you'll need to get in touch with him in game.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    Ah okay. @Camui‌ hasn't been on in a few days either. Any chance we could get Headphones to jump on today or tomorrow to either, a. Transfer the land or b. We will try to snatch it up on its destruction?

Delarme and I were discussing it last night and he said 8x8s aren't usually contested too much, but it would be nice to not risk it if at all possible.

I'm Xixi or Yarah in game.

This discussion has been closed.