Options

[PS Vita] New thread, new Soul to Sacrifice

• Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    PMAvers wrote: »
    So, since they've come out pretty fast, is there any news in regards to a third Danganronpa game?

Well, they came out pretty quickly because Danganronpa 2 was originally a PSP game released in 2012, that had already been ported to Vita (for a combo pack release of DR1+DR2 on Vita). So, everything but NIS's localization was all done.

Anyways, Spike Chunsoft announced a spinoff title back in September 2013 for Vita called Danganronpa Another Episode. There've been some pictures of it posted in this thread, it takes place between the events of DR1 and DR2*. Because it's the first Danganronpa game that is actually being developed with the Vita in mind, it'll also feature fully directed 3D cutscenes. It also sounds like it'll be a bit more action/horror oriented (it is a spin-off, after all). I think it releases in Japan this year. They've teased DR3, but haven't officially announced it yet.

*MAJOR DR1 and DR2 spoilers, related to the plot of DR:AE
    The screenshots have seemed to indicate that it takes place out in the world during the Most Tragic Event In Human History, while The Ultimate Despairs are spreading despair.

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Since nobody cared to give any recommendations, I currently have Dagonronpa downloading to play. Gluacamelee proved to be one is the best 2D platformer created and I'm looking forward to play the updated edition on the PS4.

While it's outside the "safe haven" of Arcadian lands, /vg/ always has a very lurk-worthy Vita General to follow for news, etc.

They also constantly update a Vita game recomendations and upcoming list. This one is older, dated back to the 8th, but it gives you an idea of how filled to the brim with good games the Vita is.
    iH8vJZGCCtRx8.jpg

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Tokyo New World Record: Operation Abyss sounds familiar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbOw8SshZKw

I like the stompy dungeon-sounds.

PLA on
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    PLA wrote: »
    Tokyo New World Record: Operation Abyss sounds familiar.

I like the stompy dungeon-sounds.

It's another dungeon crawler by Experience Inc.

The people that bought us Demon's Gaze and who are currently porting their game Stranger of Sword City to Vita (which will hopefully be localized).

vagrant_winds on
  • Options
    bssbss Brostoyevsky Madison, WIRegistered User regular
    Danganronpa: Another Episode releases tomorrow in Japan, I'm pretty sure.

And man, if we get even a couple of the gridders coming out, I will be in heaven. Stranger of Sword City followed by Operation Abyss followed by Demon Gaze 2 would be marvelous.

3DS: 2466-2307-8384 PSN: bssteph Steam: bsstephan Twitch: bsstephan
    Tabletop:13th Age (mm-mmm), D&D 4e
    Occasional words about games: my site
  • Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    Oh, damn, I thought that Stranger of Sword City had been a lock for a US release. Ugh, I was really looking forward to that. Guess I have to figure out who to yell at to take my money.

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Arcana Heart is pretty fun, but I have no idea what the hell anything going on in the game is... Still a fun game, though!

Frozen Synapse is great! I love watching the mission replays as one whole thing with the turns removed. I've had some badass SpecOps shit happen... and some horrible failures :(

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    Oh hey. Is that some Arcana Heart: Love Max!!! Why yes it is!

Yay for an updated version of one of my favorite fighting games.

• Options
    I putzed around with Love Max!!!!! training mode a bit last night and liked it. Input windows seem nice and permissive and at least the character I chose had some nice juggle options and confirms. Seems pretty real.

But yeah, my first AH so I have absolutely no idea who's who. Might start story mode over the weekend.

• Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    bss wrote: »
    I putzed around with Love Max!!!!! training mode a bit last night and liked it. Input windows seem nice and permissive and at least the character I chose had some nice juggle options and confirms. Seems pretty real.

But yeah, my first AH so I have absolutely no idea who's who. Might start story mode over the weekend.

I read that as jiggle options and it didn't even seem out of place.

Hmm.

steam_sig.png
  • Options

One thing to keep in mind is arcana choice matters a lot. It's like the character you choose is the stock and the arcana is the seasoning that gives the character flavor. You can have entirely different combos or playstyles depending on what aracana you select for your character.

And Homing is the best thing ever.

• Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Riokenn wrote: »
    Riokenn wrote: »
    Interesting, I wonder if you can play ad-hoc using the PSTV and a PSP.

EDIT: Speaking of PSP my old PSP 1000's battery doesn't last very long anymore. Thinking of getting a 3000 model. Do I need to do anything fancy to transfer my data to a new PSP or is it as simple as sticking in my old memory card into the new PSP and logging in to my PlayStation account?

The Vita can do ad-hoc with a PSP for PSP games, so I would imagine that'd work fine with a Vita TV too.

My recollection is it's that simple, yes.

Awesome, thank you so much. After reading up on a bit I got confused by this:
    As of November 18, 2011, number of systems for activation is: For Game Content - Two (2) PS3 and/or portable systems

Does that mean 2 PS3's and 2 PSP's? (4 Total) Or is that 2 in total? I only have a 1 PS3 and 1 PSP, and I don't think I can connect to the house WiFi on my old PSP anymore to deactivate it. :(

It means two in total. However, it is game content on two devices. You can have more than two devices. You just can't have the same game on more than two. So, if you had Suikoden on your PS3 and PSP, you would have to take it off one to put it on your Vita.

Also, for deactivating your old PSP you can go through the website and deactivate all your devices and then reactivate the PS3. Also, it might be possible to plug in your old PSP to your PS3 and deactivate it through that(you can activate your PSP through your PS3, so you would think that you could deactivate it also). Just go to https://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/login.action
    Just note that you will deactivate all your consoles when you go through the website, and it has a six month delay before you can do it from the website again(I think it's six months. Someone can correct me if it's not).

Thats good to know! But I realized that I probably won't need to do that since all the games I'd want is already downloaded to the memory stick. IF I do buy a new PSP, can't I just stick my old memory card into the new PSP and load up Persona from the memory stick and my saves for the games I own? Or are my downloaded games tied to my old PSP and they won't show up on any other PSP?

On a side note, left my old PSP charging and said it was 100% charged with about 7 hours of power. Turned it back on this morning it now says 6 hours of power at 100% charged. O-o
    My battery is dying. :(

Riokenn on
    OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    BonepartBonepart Registered User regular
    Now that I've gotten over the hump in the beginning I'm enjoying Neptunia a lot more.

I've got the combat system down and things are flowing better.

XBL Gamertag: Ipori
  • Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular

Just keep an eye out for the critters they clearly want you to grind on - like Baby Whales or whatever they're called. It felt to me like there were certain semi tough, high XP targets that you were meant to pound on till they were semi trivial then to move on.

Cranking away on SAO, I 'bought' some free DLC last night, three pieces....which showed up at 30 separate items in my download list. Lot of fluff, spriggan ears for Kirito and some school bathing suit for ladies but also seemed to add 4 or 5 new ominous sounding dungeons. I don't know if I missed it before, but it also seemed to add an event tracker that made my life easier, and when people email me in game about needing help, it's plainly listed where they need help, (floor and map) and when (day/night).

• Options
    BonepartBonepart Registered User regular
    Nosf wrote: »
    Just keep an eye out for the critters they clearly want you to grind on - like Baby Whales or whatever they're called. It felt to me like there were certain semi tough, high XP targets that you were meant to pound on till they were semi trivial then to move on.

Yeah, I killed a whale. Not sure how much I want to grind on the big ones though. Lots of XP but the fights take a long time. Easy but long.

XBL Gamertag: Ipori
  • Options
    So "Story" mode in Arcana Heart 3 is basically "Arcade" mode and was in the original PS3 release.

"After Story" mode is the real "Story" mode.

Also, Saki is my jam. Petra and Cathy are fun too. But Saki and her kicks are still my jam.

Anyone wanna fite? :D

• Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    How did it take me this long to play Dragon's Crown?! I've had it downloaded since it was free on PS+ but only started last night after getting a bit weary with Toukiden.

Anyone still play online? I'm only early level so far but can see myself playing this for a while.

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    Bonepart wrote: »
    Nosf wrote: »

Yeah, I killed a whale. Not sure how much I want to grind on the big ones though. Lots of XP but the fights take a long time. Easy but long.

Run around and build up your meter so you're getting in your big attacks at the end of the initial hits. They start to go down a lot faster.

• Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    Platformers! I've played knytt, guacamelee, Thomas was alone, Another World (it counts!), Batman, Fez (on 360), Limbo, LittleBigPlanet, Tearaway, The Raymans, Spelunky, Rogue Legacy, Stealth Inc.

And a few PS1 classics, and the Prince of Persia PSP game.

Anything I've missed on Vita? I love me some platforming.

Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    QuiotuQuiotu Registered User regular
    Mr_Grinch wrote: »
    Platformers! I've played knytt, guacamelee, Thomas was alone, Another World (it counts!), Batman, Fez (on 360), Limbo, LittleBigPlanet, Tearaway, The Raymans, Spelunky, Rogue Legacy, Stealth Inc.

Is one of the PS1 classics you played Klonoa? It's a great platformer for its time, a shame Konami(?) Doesn't want to do anything else with the franchise.

wbee62u815wj.png
  • Options

Mutant blobs attack?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    I am only on Chapter 2 of Danganronpa 2 (Destiny has been taking up a majority of my time) but I have some theories about what's really going on. I may be wrong but I'm putting this down in case I'm right. Don't tell me if I'm right or wrong. :p

Major Danganronpa 1 and 2 spoilers:
    I bet Hajime is one of the despair people. Some of the survivors of Danganronpa 1 are trying to study if removing the memories of someone committed to despair can reject despair and achieve hope.

Maybe.

Which would make both Nagito and Hajime this "traitor" (but only if Nagito is Nagito - otherwise Hajime is the sole traitor, at least from Monokuma's perspective).

Probably wrong. But whatevs.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    Please regard my awesome reaction as not related to any comment on your specific predictions, but that you are posting your ideas of the story as you go. Much like with first-time 999/VLR players impressions, I love reading them.

• Options
    edited September 2014
    Also I learned my lesson from the last game. 999 Monocoins before spending any. I don't want to have to grind trials too much later on.

Drez on
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Drez wrote: »
    Also I learned my lesson from the last game. 999 Monocoins before spending any. I don't want to have to grind trials too much later on.

That's not necessary. I had every gift and 999 monocoins before the last trial.

• Options
    Drez wrote: »

That's not necessary. I had every gift and 999 monocoins before the last trial.

There's a trophy for having 999 Monocoins, just like the first game. Also I'm pretty sure getting every gift + extras for free time presents/school mode + gallery cost way more than 999 Monocoins anyway in the first game, no?

• Options
    Oh I see what you are saying. Well I'm almost done grinding out my second pet so whatevs. I like to compartmentalize my grinding in a game like this. Just get it done, buy all gifts upfront, and forget about it.

• Options
    ChanceChance Registered User regular
    edited September 2014

I'm opening myself up for nitpicking here, but...

0q46bRr.jpg

Seriously. It's like the Vita's inFamous. Kinda. In the good ways.

Also

ynprPv6.jpg?1?6369

and

DKIHGgp.jpg

and... [edit] Whoops, you had Tearaway on there.

Chance on
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • Options
    I have a couple days off of work and it's my birthday, so I'm hoping I manage to beat at least two of:

* Danganronpa 2 (almost guaranteed, I'm in Chapter 6 (WTFFFFFFF by the way))
    * Akiba's Trip (judging by some of the item lists I'm near the end, but I don't really feel near the end)
    * Re;Birth1 (I've hit my JRPG pace where I'm running over most things, so this might actually happen soon)

I'm obviously a bit excited.

Anyway, a bit of Vita news: OlliOlli2: Welcome to Olliwood is coming to PS4 and Vita. I dropped off of the first game, but it was still pretty fun for what I played of it.

• Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    I forgot to mention I'd played, and didn't get on with, gravity rush. I may give it another go though, that was ages ago. Is dustforce good? I heard mixed things.

Then again I enjoyed Batman so I'm not overly discerning.

Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    Dustforce is pretty great for what it is. I didnt really feel like it was a platformer exactly, but close enough.

Also I really loved Gravity Rush but I know that definitely isn't a universal opinion.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Arcana Heart is pretty fun, but I have no idea what the hell anything going on in the game is... Still a fun game, though!

I had to go back to the old Arcana Heart thread to find this gem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIFBowxpQXY&list=PLxexmatzInIJLkKGt1p-zhlRi7xc8sNZ_&index=11

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Yeah, that video's actually a good tutorial.

And yes, Arcana Heart 3 is insane in all the right ways.

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    I forgot to mention I'd played, and didn't get on with, gravity rush. I may give it another go though, that was ages ago. Is dustforce good? I heard mixed things.

Then again I enjoyed Batman so I'm not overly discerning.

Dustforce is good but balls hard. Use the dpad, not the analog stick.

And there are a few levels with ridiculous lag. I don't know why they didn't remove the visual effects from them so that they're playable, but if you are an OCD person who needs to 100% games you might not be happy about that. I wasn't.

• Options
    H*RH*R Registered User regular
    So GameStop is having a promotion for it's Pro members (here) where you can get a $50 bonus to your Vita trade-in. This brings the trade in value for store credit to $160. I'm considering doing this and getting the Borderlands bundle with the slim, selling Borderlands and the 8G card and hopefully coming out even on the deal for a low cost upgrade.

I've played with the slim briefly and it felt really comfortable and light, and really solid. I loved the new PS, Start and Select buttons and the fact that it uses micro-USB to charge instead of a proprietary cable. The only gotcha is the screen. I wasn't able to play any games really, but you could tell a difference, I'm just not sure it's enough of a dealbreaker to not make the switch. Besides, the extra battery life trade off is mighty nice since it seems like I'm always charging my Vita or having it tethered to the charger.

Have any of you had or experienced for an extended time both the OG Vita and the new Vita 2000? I'd love to hear your thoughts. I'm crap at making decisions like this.

Nintendo Network: WarrenMSP
    3DS: 4184-2362-9697
    PSN: Skywarrd
  • Options
    @bss Has used both, I am pretty sure he likes his new model just as much as the old one if not better. I have played on a new one and I still vastly prefer my OG. The clincher for most people seems to be the screen, and after OLED I just can't bear to make the switch. Proprietary cable and slightly worse battery life notwithstanding.

• Options
    RandomHajileRandomHajile Not actually a Snatcher The New KremlinRegistered User regular
    Once I got that external PS Vita battery, "worse battery life" never really is a problem any more. I love that thing. As I said in the Destiny thread, I sat on the porch for about 3 hours last night enjoying the weather and playing Destiny at the same time.

• Options
    They're both really good! You can't really go wrong. I've owned an OG since launch and picked up a Slim a couple months ago, which is what I use now. I find OLED colors a bit too saturated for my tastes, but black levels look amazing. The Slim is a pretty good IPS display so you still get nice colors, just not with as much "pop" as OLED. For me, my informal judgment is they're close enough that after a bit of use, the one I use looks "normal" and the other one looks "weird". The differences only stand out if you're comparing two Vitas running the same game side by side.

If the units were otherwise identical I'd probably pick the OLED, but I definitely like the feel of the Slim and its other minor improvements, so the form factor beats out a screen comparison slightly in OLED's favor.

• Options
    Once I got that external PS Vita battery, "worse battery life" never really is a problem any more. I love that thing. As I said in the Destiny thread, I sat on the porch for about 3 hours last night enjoying the weather and playing Destiny at the same time.

Yeah, my Nikon grip doubles as an extra battery and I've played for 8 hours straight before at max brightness. I don't think even my DSLite could do that fully charged and with the screen brightness turned all the way down.

• Options
    H*RH*R Registered User regular
    They're both really good! You can't really go wrong. I've owned an OG since launch and picked up a Slim a couple months ago, which is what I use now. I find OLED colors a bit too saturated for my tastes, but black levels look amazing. The Slim is a pretty good IPS display so you still get nice colors, just not with as much "pop" as OLED. For me, my informal judgment is they're close enough that after a bit of use, the one I use looks "normal" and the other one looks "weird". The differences only stand out if you're comparing two Vitas running the same game side by side.

If the units were otherwise identical I'd probably pick the OLED, but I definitely like the feel of the Slim and its other minor improvements, so the form factor beats out a screen comparison slightly in OLED's favor.

This is how I'm starting to lean. Thanks. There's so many positives for me with the 2000 that after a bit I probably wouldn't notice that much.

Do you ever notice any motion blur when playing quick games? The OLED seems rock solid in that way.

Nintendo Network: WarrenMSP
    3DS: 4184-2362-9697
    PSN: Skywarrd