As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pre-PAX Valve Tour?

• Options
    PancakeAssassinPancakeAssassin Registered User new member
    I am definitely interested in doing this. I would only be able to go on Tuesday though.

• Options
    CennediCennedi A strange man A strange landRegistered User regular
    Add +1 with me on Wednesday

Hopeful First Time Attendee of PAX Prime 2014.
    [ X ] Badge
    [ X ] Hotel
    [ X ] Plane
    Wish me luck!
  • Options
    b3nt0ub3nt0u Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    Awww man thats a huge bummer for me... I thought I got in early enough on Wednesday :(

Also willing to cut my group back to get in... Even if I have to go by myself!

b3nt0u on
  • Options
    slurmkingslurmking Registered User new member
    I can go any day available if you can add me thx

• Options
    bloatedhippobloatedhippo Registered User regular
    I helped out with the tours last year. It was totally awesome! :)

Remember everyone, don't just show up at Valve along with the rest of the group if you didn't get a spot. They are capped at 25.

Also look into Tues-Thurs post PAX. We had those reserved as well. Someone else had already reserved Thursday before last year.

Have fun!

• Options
    PookyAlertPookyAlert Registered User regular
    Whoops, I know I'm anyday and that's still true, but I have a +1 for my sister that needs to be added as well. Thanks so much for all of this! :smiley:

• Options
    pogoplaypogoplay Writer/Blogger/Gamer Calgary, AlbertaRegistered User regular
    Hey there, I am going to have to give up my spot on Wednesday to b3nt0u. Turns out my group will definitely not be there to Thursday. Need to find a couple more PAX badges now :P

Attended: PAX Prime 2010, PAX Prime 2011, PAX Prime 2012, PAX Prime 2014.
    Attending: PAX Prime 2016
    Twitter @Pogoplay
  • Options
    b3nt0ub3nt0u Registered User regular
    pogoplay wrote: »
    Hey there, I am going to have to give up my spot on Wednesday to b3nt0u. Turns out my group will definitely not be there to Thursday. Need to find a couple more PAX badges now :P

I love you man!!! I will buy you a beer at Pax if you drink! If not I will get you a ginger beer rootbeer float from this place I know from Pikes place market!

• Options
    pogoplaypogoplay Writer/Blogger/Gamer Calgary, AlbertaRegistered User regular
    b3nt0u wrote: »
    pogoplay wrote: »

I love you man!!! I will buy you a beer at Pax if you drink! If not I will get you a ginger beer rootbeer float from this place I know from Pikes place market!

Haha, well I am canadian, so I will take you up on your beer :)

Attended: PAX Prime 2010, PAX Prime 2011, PAX Prime 2012, PAX Prime 2014.
    Attending: PAX Prime 2016
    Twitter @Pogoplay
  • Options
    ligerzeroligerzero Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    sign me up for tuesday, bringing two friends +2.

ligerzero on
  • Options
    AercadiaAercadia ArizonaRegistered User regular
    Turns out I will not have time for this - please pass along my spot on Thursday to the next one in line. :)

• Options
    Star ForgeStar Forge Registered User regular
    Add me to the Thursday waitlist. +1 for now.

Attending [E]nforcing: PAX East 2015 Vacation: [x] Flight: [x] Hotel: [x] [E] Schedule: []
    Attended: PAX Prime 2014
    Considering: PAX Prime 2015
  • Options
    lumberbunnylumberbunny Registered User new member
    Add me for any day. If 2 spots free up on Thursday I'll bring a +1, otherwise any day. Thanks for doing this.

• Options
    PorkchopPorkchop Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    I would be interested for Thursday, or Post-PAX (Tuesday through Thursday, with Thursday being iffy), as I'm staying the week after PAX too. Not sure when I'm getting in just yet but likely will be there for Thursday, Wednesday unlikely all day. Potentially a +1 for Post-PAX.

Porkchop on
  • Options
    VersuskidVersuskid Maui, HIRegistered User regular
    I got in last year and loved it! I fly in Wednesday and leave Wednesday and any day that isn't PAX I can possibly go.

Prime 2014 Status: .[ ] Pass(es) .[ ] Hotel .[ ] Plane Tickets .Waiting Patiently [NEVER!!]
    Challenge Coin [ ]. Custom Dice [ ]. Forumer Pin [ ]. On Forumer Badge [ ]
    Attendee: Prime '12, '13
  • Options
    DentronDentron Registered User new member
    I would love to take a tour of valve on any day, sign me up +1.

• Options
    I really do hope you hear back from Valve and its all a go. Taking a tour of their company is probably on a lot of bucket lists

[ X ] Badge
    [ X ] Hotel
    [ X ] Plane
    Wish me luck!
  • Options
    RavengerRavenger Trolololo Registered User regular
    waiting list 4 thursday plx

<@heels&gt; Ravenger: i do not talk to anyone
    <+Ravenger> you are talking to me
    <@heels&gt; oh god, what am i doing
  • Options
    TechniqueTechnique Goonswarm Exterminator Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    I would love to hop on Thursday's list please along with my brother (+1) as well.

Technique on
    o4vrzit5k22f.png
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Quick note for those going. Did a bit of research and I'm estimating the tour to take about 3.5 hours. Seems a bit long to tell the truth, but if its true, it will be one hell of a trip.

Also, are we just supposed to show up at Valve or are we carpooling from somewhere?

Cennedi on
    [ X ] Badge
    [ X ] Hotel
    [ X ] Plane
    Wish me luck!
  • Options
    AngelOfEarthAngelOfEarth Registered User regular
    I would also be very interested in a Valve tour! I will be there for Dev, so I could do any of the days. Thanks!

• Options
    giantrygiantry Registered User regular
    is there any update from valve? Maybe they're too busy setting up the steam summer sale xD

• Options
    giantry wrote: »
    is there any update from valve? Maybe they're too busy setting up the steam summer sale xD
    OH GOD. Don't remind me of that. I've spent enough money on PAX already. Don't tempt me

[ X ] Badge
    [ X ] Hotel
    [ X ] Plane
    Wish me luck!
  • Options
    thehmdxthehmdx Registered User new member
    I would be interested for any day with a +2.

• Options
    white-stellarwhite-stellar Registered User new member
    i would be down for after pax, on the tuesday (sept 2) with a +2

• Options
    Cennedi wrote: »
    OH GOD. Don't remind me of that. I've spent enough money on PAX already. Don't tempt me
    Giantry... damn you. Steam has a hold of my wallet again T.T

On the bright side, I'm pouring money into the same people I'm going to see soooo...

yeah, no bright side.

[ X ] Badge
    [ X ] Hotel
    [ X ] Plane
    Wish me luck!
  • Options
    bubblegirl22bubblegirl22 portlandRegistered User regular
    I sadly have to give up my spot on Thursday, and pass it to the next in line. due to work i wont be there till the morning of that Friday now Q.Q
    But if there ends up being a showing of valve on the Sunday of pax i will go then ^-^

• Options
    giantrygiantry Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    Giantry... damn you. Steam has a hold of my wallet again T.T

On the bright side, I'm pouring money into the same people I'm going to see soooo...

yeah, no bright side.

I know :/ I already got xcom :O Im down about 20

giantry on
  • Options
    The Word of BirdThe Word of Bird Might be in a dreamland....Registered User regular
    Ok, it looks like my bf and I may be volunteering at Pax this year, so I can't tour on Pax days. Pre-pax and post-pax are still open for us.

Gaming since 1986.
    Things I need to learn: To properly knit, speak Klingon, and speak/read Japanese so I can play Final Fantasy games in their original language.
    "S.o.o.n." : "'Severe Obligation to Observe' Neurosis". This Neurosis impels the subject to constantly observe an object, waiting for a change they are certain must come "Soon".
    Hotel [x] Pax Badgers Fri [x] Sat [ ] Sun [x] Mon [x] Just need 2 Saturdays, and then our sets will be complete! And then...waiting for Pax.....F5F5F5F5F5F5F5....
  • Options
    @The Word of Bird‌ They will most likely not be doing any tours on the long weekend because they never give tours on weekends (this taken from various searches on the internet so take it with a grain of salt). Please take a look at the OP to see what days are still open that you might be around for. I think Tuesday is the only one left

[ X ] Badge
    [ X ] Hotel
    [ X ] Plane
    Wish me luck!
  • Options
    zerocreativity1zerocreativity1 Registered User regular
    Is there a posssibilty of the tuesday after pax. If so, i would like to sign up for that. otherwise put me on the wait-list for thursday.

• Options
    LazorzLazorz Tokyo, JPRegistered User regular
    edited June 2014
    Hey guys, sorry for the short hiatus.

Our friend in Seattle dropped into the Valve offices recently to check what was going on. Essentially everyone is super busy organizing the International right now so they're not even reading emails regarding tours. One of their office managers told him that they'll start opening up after the International is over, so we should try resending our tour dates then.

Other than that, both Wednesday and Thursday are capped right now with a good amount of space left on the Tuesday before PAX. The list is not a guarantee because we're not even sure if we have the spot yet. I'll do a looking over of everything by the time late July comes rolling around, then I'll shoot Valve some emails to ensure that we get the ball rolling.

Until then, please take this event planning with a grain of salt, and expect more updates in the near future. Thanks!

Lazorz on
  • Options
    level1gamerlevel1gamer Registered User regular
    Lazorz, thank you for all the work! Really awesome job organizing this.

Hopefully, Valve will be able to give us a tour. It's all in Gaben's hands now.

• Options
    ChaoticFateChaoticFate Registered User regular
    I just wanted to let you know one of the +2 is a kid so should help out, since he is 11 :D.

• Options
    Star ForgeStar Forge Registered User regular
    Does anyone know where what day the Valve tour be set for post-PAX?

Attending [E]nforcing: PAX East 2015 Vacation: [x] Flight: [x] Hotel: [x] [E] Schedule: []
    Attended: PAX Prime 2014
    Considering: PAX Prime 2015
  • Options
    RedDDTRedDDT Registered User new member
    Well, I'd like to get a +2 on any of the days pre-PAX that are available. In reading through this, it sounds like Tuesday is the day.

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Just as a reminder, on this forum we sometimes use "+ some number" for signing up for things. In this case, the number after the + does not include you. It's for other people who are not you. So if I were to sign up for this, which I am not, it would be "me + 1 please" to sign myself up with one guest.

• Options
    KhadourKhadour Dinosaur Cupcake Hillsboro, ORRegistered User regular
    edited June 2014
    I've got myself +2 for the Tuesday tour, if you're still accepting singups.

Khadour on
    Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error - Linus Pauling
    xWDsUaZ.png
    jswidget.php?username=cmdour&numitems=5&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1

• Options
    AtallaAtalla Registered User regular
    I am up for this, well myself +1. We will be in town Wednesday to Wednesday. Any day would be good for us!

• Options
    SinoSambaSinoSamba CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Thanks for the update, Lazorz. So no Valve response until end of July....

3DS FC: 3239-2323-6239