As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Superhero Movies] Scott Derrickson says something STRANGE is afoot! (p.56)

• Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    It'll never not be strange to me to hear "Robert Downey Jr." shortened to "Bob"; or "Sir Anthony Hopkins" to "Tony"

it's like, sure. Those are the accepted diminutives, but ... for ordinary people, not celebrities!

• Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    Seeing RDJ referred to as Bob just seems weird.

• Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    Damn, ghosted

• Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    Mattitude wrote: »
    I think the X-Men franchise has a bad habit of wasting both good actors and good characters. Kitty Pryde/Ellen Page is an example of them doing both at the same time.

I am super bummed at how wasted Emma Frost is.

• Options
    DrIanMalcolmDrIanMalcolm Registered User regular
    Latino Review is saying that Drew Goddard has left Daredevil

It's Latino Review so I don't know if I should believe this, but ughhhh I hope it isn't true

• Options
    CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    Can we just pretend that January Jones's Emma Frost wasn't the Emma Frost we all know and love?
    Especially since that one is dead according to Magneto and Mystique.

Weaver wrote: »

SCIENCE BROS!

Latino Review is saying that Drew Goddard has left Daredevil

It's Latino Review so I don't know if I should believe this, but ughhhh I hope it isn't true
    No, you shouldn't.

Crimsondude on
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    The title got cut off, it ends with "to go home for the evening whereupon he'll be back the next morning."

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    drew goddard was attached to that sinister six spin-off, so there'd be a legit reason for him to leave daredevil

I'd hope it isn't true

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    Every time someone links Latino Review a balloon full of jenkem is huffed

Hobnail on
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »
    Wonder Woman now just uses "enhanced interrogation" to find the truth.

You saw that pilot as well?

• Options
    The great thing is she had the lasso of truth right there and explained this to the guy, but still opted to twist his broken arm.

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Wait a second Wonder Woman actually torturing people for information was a thing that someone really thought was a good idea

Motherfucker

• Options
    Wait a second Wonder Woman actually torturing people for information was a thing that someone really thought was a good idea

Motherfucker

It's like they based her on Kate Beaton's WW comic. It's actually amazing.

• Options
    what about the part where she sits down and eats ice cream in her apartment because of guy troubles

• Options
    CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular

Motherfucker

Luckily, we got Adrianne Palicki for G.I. Joe: Retaliation instead.

• Options
    what about the part where she sits down and eats ice cream in her apartment because of guy troubles

You're making this up

You're all making this up

This didn't happen

• Options

You're making this up

This didn't happen

Watch the SF Debris review for the highlights!

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    drew goddard was attached to that sinister six spin-off, so there'd be a legit reason for him to leave daredevil

I'd hope it isn't true
    That isn't till 2016 though, I believe and Daredevil is supposed to start filming in July and would likely have a much shorter schedule.

I mean it could be true but his schedule could allow for it and I hope it isn't true

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    I still do a double take when RDJ is referred to as robert

that is his actual first name but I always just think of him as RDJ

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    I wish I could contribute to this conversation but it turns out I don't spend a lot of time thinking about robert downey jr

• Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    I wish I could contribute to this conversation but it turns out I don't spend a lot of time thinking about robert downey jr

Lookit this weirdo here who doesn't think about RDJ all the time

edit: this is 30% sarcastic

Huntera on
  • Options
    I actually have A Thing with people referring to celebrities by their first name on like, Tumblr and Twitter

It just weirds me out! It's not like you personally know the person, so referring to them so casually is weird to me

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    I'm thinking of Robert Downey Jr right now

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    Vanko was right: blood in the water and now the sharks are coming. Edgar Wright leaves Ant-Man and now the hot new story is that the Marvel machine is coming apart.

Also, I'm pretty sure there's no date for Sinister Six yet. 2016 had a new Spider-Man movie, but no announced SS movie.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    Batman v Superman: Blood in Theater

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    featuring Ant-Man and the Hotness

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    edited May 2014
    Weaver wrote: »

"ComicShopTalk with Mark and Bob" confirmed.

Tox on
    Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    Scottsman, you ruined everything :p

• Options
    Man, screw you. :) it's Saturday morning and I'm typing on an ipad in bed. :P

• Options
    I mostly never use a person's name when I talk to them anyways

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    http://youtu.be/pfk4iWIrCvs

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited May 2014

I get antsy if someone I'm talking to uses my name, especially in a text or steam message.

It's not the dinner table. There's just you and me. Why are you specifying the target of your message?

Tamin on
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    Tamin wrote: »

I get antsy if someone I'm talking to uses my name, especially in a text or steam message.

It's not the dinner table. There's just you and me. Why are you specifying the target of your message?

Tamin, does it make you feel like what they're saying is un-necessarily dire and serious? Like, this conversation is so important or even accusatory that they need you to know it's not just to you but about you, you specifically, Tamin?

• Options
    edited May 2014
    Pony wrote: »
    Tamin wrote: »

Tamin, does it make you feel like what they're saying is un<BEEEELCH>necessarily dire and serious, Tamin? Like, this <BELCH> conversation is so important or even accusatory, Tamin, that they need you to <BELLLLCH> to know it's not just to you but about you, you specifically, Tamin?

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    I stopped going to a quiznos because the people there started to recognize me

I was like, "nope"

• Options
    I stopped going to a quiznos because the people there started to recognize me

I was like, "nope"

That happened to me at the Subway near where I work. I quit going for a few months because if it.

• Options

You're making this up

This didn't happen

Watch the SF Debris review for the highlights!

I'm taking your advice on this

And man

I don't know how you mess up Wonder Woman so badly

• Options
    DrIanMalcolmDrIanMalcolm Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    Badassdigest lists some more things to keep in mind when it comes to recent MCU developments
    - At some point Marvel took Edgar Wright and Joe Cornish off the Ant-Man script and gave it to Eric Pearson (he wrote all the One-Shots).
    - Whedon has said that Age of Ultron is the finale to his time with Marvel
    - Thor 2 was taken away from director Alan Taylor in post and another director was brought on to shoot additional material
    - Kevin Feige's contract with Marvel is up in 2018
    - Disney is apparently getting more and more hands-on with the MCU

DrIanMalcolm on
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    edited May 2014
    Badassdigest lists some more things to keep in mind when it comes to recent MCU developments
    - At some point Marvel took Edgar Wright and Joe Cornish off the Ant-Man script and gave it to Eric Pearson (he wrote all the One-Shots).
    - Whedon has said that Age of Ultron is the finale to his time with Marvel
    - Thor 2 was taken away from director Alan Taylor in post and another director was brought on to shoot additional material
    - Kevin Feige's contract with Marvel is up in 2018
    - Disney is apparently getting more and more hands-on with the MCU

they're still citing Latino Review as source for basically all of it, though

UnbrokenEva on
  • Options
    Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    Kevin Feige won't go anywhere.

Marvel and Disney will pay Tom Brady/Peyton Manning money to keep him with all the money he makes them.

2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
This discussion has been closed.