Options

[Tokusatsu] Invisible Ghosts & Colorfuly Loud Ninjas (Kamen Rider Gemn Sequel!)

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    THE MOST IMPORTANT LEAKS HAVE HIT AND I'M NOT POSTING THEM IN A SPOILER, FUCK Y'ALL

GUMMIS ARE HERE

• Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    Oh man I want those

The Gaim gummies looked so good

• Options
    The juicy kid commercials have been better with every new series

So my expectations are high

• Options
    NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    I know he has a hammer, but that is just straight up Thor's hammer there.

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    man, I'm going to need time to really process my feelings about ghost

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    One thing I'll say about Ghost's finale...
    ...is that I like how the Boost Eyecon was given a relevant role. It would be easy to just forget that this is his dad's soul he's using to fight with and consider it just an upgrade presumably past it's prime thanks to Infinite but the writers never did and I appreciate that. Grateful was also there at least in spirit (no pun intended) what with the Parka-Ghosts fighting in their humanoid form. And I couldn't help feel that Ghost's final kick was a bit of a nod to his first as it wasn't 'death from above' as usual.

• Options
    masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular
    Ghost thoughts
    The villains ended up pretty boring and i kept waiting for them to give Alain something cool to do, and i felt like that never really happened

Makoto had stuff near the end but it was largely nonsense you have to work very hard to read anything into

But damn if it wasn't a fun ride along the way

• Options
    Ok, I will put up one disappointment I had with Ghost's finale (Drive finale spoilers mentioned).
    That being Makoto and Alain doing nothing much worthwhile in the fight other then be part of the cheering squad. Even their clean-up of the goons the Great-Eyezer sicced on them was done for them by Genm. I may feel bummed on how things turned out in Drive's finale for Chase but at least he and Go actually did something important by taking out Banno. Hell, after they hyped up the connection Deep Specter had with the Ganmaizers, you'd think they'd at least give Makoto a part to shine by using said connection to help weaken the bond between them and the Great Eye to help out Takeru in his fight with the Great-Eyezer but nope. To reduce the secondary Riders in a series to spectators at the end blows.

• Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Completely agree on that point. The Drive finale was 10000% better in that respect.

• Options
    man, I'm going to need time to really process my feelings about ghost

Remember how I was sort of hesitant about it at the end of our episode on ep 1?

I was worried it was going to run out of steam, and it did in a lot of ways, specifically in the humor and pathos department

But at least the whole show was nice

• Options
    InxInx Registered User regular
    One thing that bothered me in Ghost
    What ever happened to Necrom's ability to like, suck up Ganma mooks and turn them into fuel so he could keep going? They kind of dropped that as soon as he became good, which is a shame because that could have helped keep him relevant as the power levels ramped up.

Oh also, about the finale
    Why is it that Dark Ex-Aid showed up in the episode as opposed to regular Ex-Aid? Are they the same guy? I admit I haven't kept up as closely with Ex-Aid reveals as I could have.

• Options
    Inx wrote: »
    Oh also, about the finale
    Why is it that Dark Ex-Aid showed up in the episode as opposed to regular Ex-Aid? Are they the same guy? I admit I haven't kept up as closely with Ex-Aid reveals as I could have.

That might be answered in this week's epilogue episode.

• Options
    masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular
    Okay i'm just gonna say it

Where the fuck is Necrom's secondary form, the color changes DO NOT COUNT

• Options
    tertiary riders have it rough

wait for the v-cinema!

• Options
    I honestly wouldn't be bugged by it if the show didn't make a point of showing how underpowered he was in the final third

• Options
    honestly the only thing about rider forms that ticked me off was
    the fact that they gave us a female rider who only henshins once, immediately jobs for the villain, and then spends the rest of the series sitting on box looking worried

like they were almost about to throw girls a bone but then remembered they were kamen rider and fixed that mistake but good

• Options
    Motherfuckers need to put up on that front, that's for damn sure
    Exhibit A: Still bullshit
    latest?cb=20150215014608

• Options
    the fact that they gave us a female rider who only henshins once, immediately jobs for the villain, and then spends the rest of the series sitting on box looking worried

like they were almost about to throw girls a bone but then remembered they were kamen rider and fixed that mistake but good

To be fair...
    ...it's not made clear just how much power the Dark Necrom sets have, much less the one she got. And she went against two of the Ganmaizers and while she lost she did kinda break them apparently. I agree she should have had a better showing much less a second one but I'm not gonna blame her jobbing in a two-on-one fight against a pair of enemies that require Infinite or Deep Specter's level of power to beat single-handedly.

• Options
    Owenashi wrote: »

To be fair...
    ...it's not made clear just how much power the Dark Necrom sets have, much less the one she got. And she went against two of the Ganmaizers and while she lost she did kinda break them apparently. I agree she should have had a better showing much less a second one but I'm not gonna blame her jobbing in a two-on-one fight against a pair of enemies that require Infinite or Deep Specter's level of power to beat single-handedly.
    oh I don't blame her

I blame the writers!

• Options
    Are you guys talking about the summer movie? It hasn't been subbed yet, has it?

• Options
    nope and nope

just episode 49 of ghost

and I guess the series as a whole?

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
  • Options
    Oh!
    I had completely forgotten Alia's one-and-done Dark Necrom henshin

I didn't even almost consider her a rider, same as Edith, honestly, for me.

• Options
    Okay, I'm halfway through Fourze, here are my Kamen Rider Club rankings

1. Yuuki
    1. Mui
    1. Shun
    4. Gentaro
    5. Ryuusei
    6. JK
    7. That goth girl who's barely in the show and so I can't remember her name

8 (hundred). Kengo

• Options
    Also 1-2-3 never gets old and is sometimes the best part of the episode

I'm really gonna miss it when I finish the show

Also also if Yuuki doesn't become a rider, there is no justice in the world. She deserves it for her enthusiasm alone

Shun and possibly Mui should too (though I like having the leader in the command center role)

This really should have been a multi-rider show like Gaim or Ex-Aid

• Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    Jimothy wrote: »
    Okay, I'm halfway through Fourze, here are my Kamen Rider Club rankings

1. Yuuki
    1. Mui
    1. Shun
    4. Gentaro
    5. Ryuusei
    6. JK
    7. That goth girl who's barely in the show and so I can't remember her name

8 (hundred). Kengo

1) Ryusei
    1) miu
    1) gen
    1) yuuki
    1) tomoko
    1) Shun
    1) kengo
    8) jk

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    Yuuki has enough bad episodes that i might put her at number 2

But i feel a little sad about it

• Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    The only bad yuuki eps imo are (spoilers??)
    obviously the Gemini eps and even then it's the entire series' worst episodes.

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    The only bad yuuki eps imo are (spoilers??)
    obviously the Gemini eps and even then it's the entire series' worst episodes.
    I really don't like the choice to make her almost fail the space program tests but in weird way i'm not sure if i can blame the character for that

• Options
    This week's kaiju fight in orb felt like a garo version of an ultraman show

Which is a compliment because it was narrative consistent

• Options
    I just watched the Fourze prom episodes and I am just so happy, you guys

This show is fantastic

• Options
    Ghost's final episode is just a couple of hours or less away from airing but it looks like we'll be getting more from the series then just the Movie Wars appearance with Ex-Aid.

1IY64zu.jpg

Ghost's first direct-to-video special was announced. As you can see, it focuses on Specter and it comes with a new Eyecon for those that buy the collector's edition...
    ...the Shin Specter Eyecon.

• Options
    so I talked on twitter to one of crunchyroll's pr guys

orb's numbers are not anything close to what they'd hoped for, please give it a watch if you can!

• Options
    I love that the title still references ninninger even with the ex-aid mention.

• Options
    I'm interested in a Spectre spin off movie because he was the most underutilized of the three riders

even though Necrom spent a good chuck of the end of the series being underpowered, as a character he still got to do stuff

• Options

i would love to see one of these for real

• Options
    Magazine scans for October finally pulls back the curtain on one of the two yet-identified Riders in Ex-Aid.
    P9mUjLT.jpg

Lazer's Bakusou Bike Gashat rests in the hands of Kiriya Kujo whom you may recall is Saiga Hospital's coroner. Unlike Brave, Genm and potentially Snipe, Kiriya's seemingly willing to work alongside Ex-Aid rather then get dragged into Rider-vs-Rider conflict.

jnLOIYh.jpg9Y5o592.jpg

As you may also remember, Lazer's Lv2 form is indeed not humanoid which caused some fan-speculation over him being human to begin with. However, as the second scan shows, that's only limited (so far) to his Lv2 form as Lv1 is as two-legged as the other Riders. Toy catalog scans released earlier indicates he'll also gain a proper humanoid-Rider form once he uses his Lv3 Gashat.

• Options
    there were also potential but unconfirmed leaks of toys for three unannounced riders

these could be spoilers or total bullshit but I want to believe at least one
    The Puzzle Gamer, Kamen Rider Escher

The Simulation Gamer, Kamen Rider Yuusha

and

THE HORROR GAMER, KAMEN RIDER WITCH

SPOOKY GOTH LOLITA RIDER????

• Options
    I could go for an "ALL OF THE RIDERS" series that's actually good

Please be actually good, i don't think i could take Kamen Rider Witch being boring, i would be be so mad

• Options
    ryuki is a very boring "all of the riders" series that ends on a spectacular note, one of the few rider shows to actually have a good ending

This discussion has been closed.