Options

[Tokusatsu] Invisible Ghosts & Colorfuly Loud Ninjas (Kamen Rider Gemn Sequel!)

• Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    Oh my god yes

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Episode 1 is up! Excite says they're aiming for a normal Wednesday release schedule.

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    thoughts about exaid:
    the way the stunty troll armor transformers and his huge face becomes the backplate is smart and cool

the scene of him rushing towards the enemy grunts on the grassy hill and then the camera coming in between them as he knocks them out was neat and cool

his hammer-sword weapon is something I would totally want as a kid

the hit combos as he jump kicked this episode's "boss" were sweet as heck

overall I'm still having a bit of an issue with how... childish it is? I mean, most of the KR shows are aimed at kids and I am well aware this issue is totally my own, but I feel kind f embarrassed watching it.

but I'm also totally into its visual aesthetics and combat choreography to suffer through this embarrassment

what I'm basically trying to say is I really like it

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    miracletunes.png?resize=768%2C403

Idol Senshi Miracle Tunes will debut in April of 2017

here's a synopsis
    The Land of Music ruled by the Demon King. The king steals an item called the “Music Jewels” is stolen by magic, and turned the people of the land into evil called “Negative Jewels.”

The Land of Music’s Fairy Rhythms team up with a three person idol group called the “Miraclemiracles” work together to bring us the Idol Senshi Miracle Tunes.

With the power of music, the Miracle Tunes purifies the “Negative Jewels,” and revert them back into “Sound Jewels.” Can they defeat the Demon King and bring peace back to the Land of Music?

here's the cast

idols.png?resize=768%2C403

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    A live action Suite Precure? I could be down.

Just watched Ex-Aid...there is a 0% chance they have that much CG after the first few episodes. So I wonder what the show will actually look like once their budget settles.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    This week's Zyuohger was great. Excellent story and theme, explored directly in a way that I don't think I've ever quite seen before, cool music during the fight, great monster design once they introduced the twist

• Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    I love the first episode of Ex-Aid.

I thought I was going to hate it, but no.

Question for those around at the time, why did Over-Time not do Gaim? Was it before their time or did they take a first look and decide against it?

• Options
    TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular
    A bunch of 3d that looks that it came out of a mobile game aside, I liked the first episode of Ex-Aid.
    It hits a lot of medical drama characters:

The rookie with a heart of gold and hidden skills, the shifty underground doctor, the striver asshole for our Riders so far, and the bootlicking middle manager for the Director.

Also, he blew on the cartridge. So +1 for that.

Is Toei, so they go for that unfunny slapstick comedy (real live anime doesn't work), but is kind of minor issue and fits the "gamey" theme. Also, making the serious Health Ministry chick into a cute videogame pixie at the end....that was totally written by a marketing team.

There's some plot, but they kept the explanations short, which is good, makes the whole thing flow better. "There's a computer virus killing people, take the Game Boy and beat the shit out of it". Not much fuss, so is cool. And both the slapstick and the bad 3d are probably going to get cut down later, so is cool.

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    A couple of things I took note about the first episode:
    1) It looks like Genm's weapon is in the hands of the green Bugster Graphite. Does this mean we're looking at a Mashin Chaser scenario for Genm or does this mean he'll simply procure it from Graphite later? It may tie into to the fact that the Mighty Action X game was supposed to come out five years ago but didn't due to some sort of problem. A problem which might tie into the fact that Genm's using the prototype Gashat for MAX.

2) It looks like the Gamer Drivers or at least the Gashats can't be used by just anyone if Asuna's reactions to Emu being able to activate the latter and then later go to Lv2 was any indication. So what makes the standard for someone to be able to use the Driver/Gashats? It'd be easy to say that it takes having a talent in playing games but Brave at least doesn't seem to be like Emu and I don't quite get the gamer-vibe from Snipe and Lazer either.

• Options
    great time for subs overall

want some miscellaneous toku?

have some Byperson

https://bignovasubs.wordpress.com/2016/10/03/kyoudai-ken-bycrosser-episodes-30-34-commercials-collection/

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    this was kind of lost in all of the ex-aid premiere talk but zyuohger is still going strong and the newest episode in particular is really great

• Options
    Best moment in Ex-Aid, by far, was the surprise return of the Wonderswan. Bandai never truly forgot!

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Owenashi wrote: »
    A couple of things I took note about the first episode:
    1) It looks like Genm's weapon is in the hands of the green Bugster Graphite. Does this mean we're looking at a Mashin Chaser scenario for Genm or does this mean he'll simply procure it from Graphite later? It may tie into to the fact that the Mighty Action X game was supposed to come out five years ago but didn't due to some sort of problem. A problem which might tie into the fact that Genm's using the prototype Gashat for MAX.

2) It looks like the Gamer Drivers or at least the Gashats can't be used by just anyone if Asuna's reactions to Emu being able to activate the latter and then later go to Lv2 was any indication. So what makes the standard for someone to be able to use the Driver/Gashats? It'd be easy to say that it takes having a talent in playing games but Brave at least doesn't seem to be like Emu and I don't quite get the gamer-vibe from Snipe and Lazer either.

I think re:#2
    That you just have to be good at whatever type of game it was. It seems like the racer and shooter guys could arguably be good at their respective genres and thus able to transform into that base form, but Genm and Emu are good at multiple genres and that's why they'll each be able to take on multiple forms.

I haven't looked at scans or anything though, I'm just going on the fact that primary and secondary riders get multiple forms and tertiary ones usually just have their initial form.

• Options
    InxInx Registered User regular
    Delmain wrote: »
    I love the first episode of Ex-Aid.

I thought I was going to hate it, but no.

Question for those around at the time, why did Over-Time not do Gaim? Was it before their time or did they take a first look and decide against it?

I don't remember exactly why Over-Time didn't pick up Gaim. I think they just weren't feeling it?

Little bit of trivia, Over-Time used to be called W-Time (or Double Time). They got together to sub Kamen Rider W as their first project, and when W ended and they proceeded to sub OOO, they wanted to change their name to keep the thematic pun they had with W. Thus, they became Over-Time. When Fourze came around they decided not to change their name again.

• Options
    Aesir was comprised mostly of O-T guys so I think they were gonna sub it one way or another.

• Options
    IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost This is also my fault Registered User regular
    Hey toku fans, I need some help. Over in the gunpla thread I posted that I recently received a box full of my toys. Something caught my eye. While I originally bought or received this guy and interpreted him as a robbit, seeing him now, he's clearly from some tokusatsu show that never made it over here.

I think I probably got him roughly around the time Power Rangers was new, so more or less early or mid 90's. Anybody recognize him or what he's from?

swx1p2hem7zm.jpg
    Maybe a baddie? Looks kind of scary and he has a bunch of guns. Missing one pistol and an earpiece.

bu87zvjpmp5b.jpg
    Rocket boots? Rocket boots.

vfn93mg7oyfg.jpg
    He also has a backpack and big gun that snap together and I'm guessing also serves as an airplane that he sits inside somehow.

• Options
  • Options
    Not sure how accurate this is but someone put together a custom figure based on the new form Kamen Rider Mach gets in the Kamen Rider Drive novel, the book meant to be a prelude to the events in Mach's half of the next direct-to-video Drive movie.
    hH8c7r6.jpg

According to the KR-Wiki, this is Mach's take on Super Deadheat. It's achieved with the Shift Viral Core which is the Rhino Virus Core rebuilt after Chase basically trashed it while taking out the Angel Roidmude, thus why it has elements of Super Mashin Chaser as part of the suit. It's also said to be stronger then Mach's 'Chaser Mach' hybrid-form from the finale since the enemy he faces in the book is said to be stronger then Gold Drive. It's hard to tell for certain though as there's no stats for it as well as Mach being forced to use a prototype version of his Driver for the fight.

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    I continue to be delighted by how dang good the cinematography is in ExEaid

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Oh sweet Lord, news just came in on the upcoming Movie Wars and it's just mind-boggling. The MW-label this time around is Movie Wars Level Up and the antagonists of the crossover are apparently so dangerous, so plentiful, so HUNGRY that Ghost and Ex-Aid are bringing in a little extra help to take them on.

9qf2PGm.jpg

That's right, it's Ghost and Ex-Aid teaming up with Wizard, Gaim and Drive to take on an army of Pac-Man. And yes, there's a trailer out confirming it.

https://youtu.be/Od6Kicd0_F4

Owenashi on
  • Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    Haha what the hell? Fucking Pac-Man?

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    This opens up some real interesting transformation options for Ghost

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    This opens up some real interesting transformation options for Ghost

Maybe. Ghost's got one confirmed new form at least thanks to Ex-Aid handing him his Rider Eyecon during the epilogue episode but there could be one or two more. I think the big question I have right now about this movie however is what are the secondary Riders for both sides gonna do if we have three additional primary Riders coming in to assist?

Owenashi on
  • Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    If Ghost doesn't get like, a Pac-Man ghost eyecon then this entire crossover was wasted.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    Kamen Rider is good

• Options
    I know wizard is considered mediocre but I still love its Rider aesthetics the best

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    the wizard suit is gorgeous

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    The dragon forms are all stupid but every Base wizard form rules

• Options
    edited October 2016
  • Options
    I only recognize like 2 things in there

What am I looking at?

• Options
    Lots of shots are very similar to ones from other intros, I see Decade, Faiz and I think Blade.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Ex-Aid news from the next toy-catalog is starting to trickle in via Heroshock. While there's no confirmation scans yet, I'll be putting what they've found out so far in the box below due to obvious spoilers.
    Heroshock wrote:

The Mighty Brothers XX Gashat will transform Ex-Aid into Kamen Rider Ex-Aid Double Action Gamer Lv.X. When he will pull the lever of the Gamer Driver, he will « Double Up » into Kamen Rider Ex-Aid Double Action Gamer Lv.XX R or Lv.XX L. His new weapon is the Gashacon Key Slasher, able to store 2 Gashats. A mysterious Gashat will also be used by Ex-Aid, the Ju Ju Burger Gashat.

In this Christmas’ Movie Taisen, a Proto Gekitotsu Robots will appear and a case capable of storing 11 Gashats will be sold.

If you thought that the Gashacon Bugvisor was merely Genm’s weapon, it will not be the case. When he will set it on the Bugster Buckle, it will become the Bugle Driver. If the Dangerous Zombie Gashat is used inside, Genm will become Kamen Rider Genm Zombie Gamer Lv.X.

So, our new Rider will be called Kamen Rider Paradox. He will transform with the Gashacon Gear Dual and will have 2 forms : Puzzle Gamer and Fighter Gamer.

• Options
    Kamen Rider Storm Heroes got its Ex-Aid update and is now called Kamen Rider Transcend Heroes

• Options
  • Options
    Ex-Aid Speculation and minor ep 2 stuff
    So Pallad eventualy becomes Paradox, right

the pronunciation is similar in japanese and he dropped a line about puzzle games

• Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    Oh my God Hiro is Gary Oak

Is there really a trope in Japan about cool guys having a team of girls that just do everything for them

• Options
    I WANNA PUNCH TAIGA IN HIS FACE ALREADY HE'S PERFECT

• Options
    Running behind, I finally got to the first Gokaiger crossover episode.

Fuck. It's so good.

Just bring them back for another season or a one off DVD special or something.

uyvfOQy.png
This discussion has been closed.