Options

[Tokusatsu] Invisible Ghosts & Colorfuly Loud Ninjas (Kamen Rider Gemn Sequel!)

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    I'm guessing you might dig this shot of Genm from the October-scans, WLV. It shows off what else he can do with his Lv3 Gashat.
    HWAraX8.jpg

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    oh i saw

it's saved to my phone

• Options
    edited September 2016
    i fucking hate him so much and I will defend him to my very last breath

edit: i forgot to mention: Yongou over Yander has finished up v1s of Kabuto scrubs!

WeedLordVegeta on
  • Options
    replacewythyreplacewythy Registered User regular
    ryuki is a very boring "all of the riders" series that ends on a spectacular note, one of the few rider shows to actually have a good ending

That is the exact opposite of how I feel about Ryuki, but I'm guessing I'm probably the weird one here. But anyway, personally, I liked Ryuki a lot, I'd recommend it if anyone thinks it seems cool.

• Options
    ryuki spends, in my opinion, a lot of time doing dick-all, even if the characters are enjoyable

the finale, while completely devastating, is something I think is earned and not just there for the sake of tragedy

• Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    Ares Horoscope is messed up

Kind of terrifying for this show

The "Ryusei's girlfriend" running gag is great

• Options
    Also it took me until last week's episode to realize why Orb's villain is named Juggler

• Options
    replacewythyreplacewythy Registered User regular
    Yeah, that makes sense, it does spend a lot of time not doing anything. I liked the characters enough that I was okay with that, and I thought the kind of mini-arcs it had were interesting enough, even though they didn't really matter.
    As for the ending, what bothered me about it is that nothing that happened in the show actually had any effect on it. None of the riders mattered at all, the only one who was important was Yui, and it didn't seem like anything that happened over the course of the show led her to the decision that she made to me.

• Options
    masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular
    Jimothy wrote: »
    Also it took me until last week's episode to realize why Orb's villain is named Juggler
    Oh godDAMMIT

• Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    ...FUCK

• Options
    IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost This is also my fault Registered User regular
    HEY SO IT TURNS OUT ULTRAMAN ORB IS REAL GOOD AND I LIKE IT A LOT SORRY FOR YELLING

• Options
    Here's an October scan for Zyuohger; a look at the team's complete combination.
    th5TyI4.jpg

Say hi to Wild Tousai Dodeka King.

• Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    I should catch up on Zyuohger. I fell behind after the Gokaiger crossover and am (I think) 2 episodes back now?

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    so what do tousai and dodeka actually mean

the rest is just fucking english words so I've got those

• Options
    I mean, dodeka is 12

• Options
    Delmain wrote: »
    I mean, dodeka is 12

That makes sense.
    The ten Cube Animals + Cube Giraffe + Cube Mole = 12.

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    A quick search shows tousai means 'loading on board' or 'embarking' which fits The World having a big trailer that carries the other cubes.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Gentaro's insistence that he can befriend a space station even while it is firing at him is delightful

As was Ryusei's face when Japanese Black Widow kissed him

As was the ensuing awkwardness between Ryusei and Tomoko

• Options
    Jimothy wrote: »
    Gentaro's insistence that he can befriend a space station even while it is firing at him is delightful

Ah, the Fourze solo-film. That is one of the better ones. The pre-launch fight has to be one of the best connected to the series.

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    ryuki is a very boring "all of the riders" series that ends on a spectacular note, one of the few rider shows to actually have a good ending

That is the exact opposite of how I feel about Ryuki, but I'm guessing I'm probably the weird one here. But anyway, personally, I liked Ryuki a lot, I'd recommend it if anyone thinks it seems cool.

Na man, Ryuki is great

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
  • Options
    IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost This is also my fault Registered User regular
    Ultraman Orb is my first Ultraman show but boy howdy could we just name this one Ultraman Widespread Property Destruction.

• Options
    Ultraman Orb is my first Ultraman show but boy howdy could we just name this one Ultraman Widespread Property Destruction.

This is very much a common thing, to the point where it's a Major Plot Point in Mebius, which is about a rookie Ultra

I'm really glad you're enjoying it! It's definitely in my top 5 ultras currently and rising fast

• Options
    Also I watched Ghost 50 and it was Fine but HOLY SHIT THAT GUMMY COMMERCIAL???

• Options
    edited September 2016
    Some clearer scans for October's coming in. Here's a better look at Genm and his Lv3 Gashat.
    JlWheMC.jpg

The coin-like objects on the bottom half of the scan are from an arcade game called Buttobasoul and seem to provide what looks to be power-ups for fights much like a certain plumber's field-items.

Owenashi on
  • Options
    I hate him so much and I will defend his right to be ugly until my dying breath

• Options
    NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular

This is very much a common thing, to the point where it's a Major Plot Point in Mebius, which is about a rookie Ultra

I'm really glad you're enjoying it! It's definitely in my top 5 ultras currently and rising fast

To be fair the most recent episode is much worse than normal
    to both make the monster seem super dangerous, and to show you how bad the belial fusion is

Orb is fantastic, I was a bit meh on the first couple episodes but it ramps up brilliantly. Magnaorochi is a fantastic monster design.

• Options
    I've been on board with Orb from moment one but it continues to exceed my expectations

• Options
    edited October 2016
    http://gameridernews.tumblr.com/post/151160861582/sounding-like-whats-probably-background-music-for

low quality version of Exaid's theme got ripped from the Buttobasoul arcade game

i'm IN, folks, LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

UPDATE HERE IS THE WHOLE VERSION WHOA IT RULES

WeedLordVegeta on
  • Options
    triple, sorry

orb scans for november reveal a Big Change to the status quo

UO001_zpsuhvpxvzy.jpg
    UO002_zpsqzmmpw9l.jpg
    UO003_zps7j1rjewt.jpg
    Orb Origin, his original state!
    UO004_zps7yknm222.jpg

also Thunder Breaster will be a recurring form

• Options
    edited October 2016
    Ex-Aid's first episode has aired tonight and someone caught a nice screenshot from it that highlights all the initial Gashats via their labels. If you'd like to see them, check out the box below.
    BaQJNY1.jpg

EDIT: Well, it didn't take too long for videos of Ex-Aid's complete transformation and finisher to pop up. Much like the screenshot above, you can find them in the box below. Catch 'em while they're still up!

Owenashi on
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    so, I'm not a real toku fan, but exaid may be the one to turn me

spoiler from the new episode below for why

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    so, I'm not a real toku fan, but exaid may be the one to turn me

spoiler from the new episode below for why

The best part of that comes just before when...
    ...he blows on the circuit-end of the Gashat before putting into the finisher-slot like many people hoped he would.

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    I love everything about ex-aid I've seen so far

here's hoping the premiere gets subbed quickly

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I love everything about ex-aid I've seen so far

here's hoping the premiere gets subbed quickly

About that...um...

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    O-T won't be subbing Ex-aid because they want to work on their massive backlog (Dekarangerrrrrr), but a new group called EXCITE! Subs popped up to declare intent to take on the project!

Here's hoping they're as competent as Aesir was

• Options
    Damn, so they finally decided? Last I saw, they were waiting till they saw it to decide.

• Options

I prefer localization over literal any day, and I like the tone they're aiming for a lot

also a group ( @shushuttoscrubs on twitter) just showed up with 1-24 of Hurricanger! That's rad.

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    You have to be really careful when localizing, I mainly hope they don't change actual pronouns

I'm looking at you, Ornac

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
This discussion has been closed.