As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

MOBA: Horrible games for horrible people.

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    Nikolai wrote: »
    Medusa is bullshit. just straight up bullshit.

Pretty much. HiRez has already prepared to tone her down, but won't be releasing the patch until Wednesday. Not sure why they are dragging their feet on nerfing a character that is dominating all non-league play. They waited awhile for Bellona and Smite has never been worse than the pre-nerf Bellona era.

I really don't get the long delays on patches, either

used to be a very quick notes to testing to live process, over a few days at most

just boom, boom, done

• Options
    EvilCakeEvilCake Richmond VARegistered User regular
    They waited awhile for Bellona and Smite has never been worse than the pre-nerf Bellona era.
    imo Nemesis was worst

• Options
    FrylockHolmesFrylockHolmes Registered User regular
    Hey guys anybody playin HotS

It's really fun

• Options
    DranythDranyth Surf ColoradoRegistered User regular
    EvilCake wrote: »
    They waited awhile for Bellona and Smite has never been worse than the pre-nerf Bellona era.
    imo Nemesis was worst

It's funny because none of these people know that none of them hold a candle to release Guan Yu. He was a monster that completely ruled all matches until he was very very heavily nerfed.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Dranyth wrote: »
    EvilCake wrote: »
    imo Nemesis was worst

It's funny because none of these people know that none of them hold a candle to release Guan Yu. He was a monster that completely ruled all matches until he was very very heavily nerfed.

release fenrir and ne zha

• Options
    Still not as bad as release Guan Yu. Hell, I don't remember Ne Zha being anywhere near that bad at release. His completely garbage passive kind of removed him from OP status. Though building HP Ne Zha and full healing your entire team when you died was pretty funny.

• Options
    DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    God I fucking hate scout, so of course the game gives me a mysterious compound bow.

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Docshifty wrote: »
    God I fucking hate scout, so of course the game gives me a mysterious compound bow.

I love having a good scout on my team. Not a huge fan of playing one myself though. But man that poke! (We are talking about Nosgoth, right? Are we steam friends? I'm Winter Flea on steam.)

• Options
    NikolaiNikolai SSSSSSSSSSS Registered User regular
    Bucketman wrote: »
    Oh hey I got into the Beta for SMITE on the Xbone, and they sent me an extra key. Who wants it?
    I'll take it if you still have it

xXNXOA7.png?1
  • Options
    Inquisitor wrote: »

I love having a good scout on my team. Not a huge fan of playing one myself though. But man that poke! (We are talking about Nosgoth, right? Are we steam friends? I'm Winter Flea on steam.)

Yes, Nosgoth, yes, we are now.

And yeah, having a good scout is amazing, especially when they try to stack summoners and the scout can poke half their life with every shot, but fuck playing it. I'll stick with Prophet/Vanguard.

• Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Prophet is the best. Just gun down vampires all the time.

The most surprising thing about Nosgoth is that the humans are actually more fun to play than the vampires if you're in an organised group.

• Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular

Yes, Nosgoth, yes, we are now.

And yeah, having a good scout is amazing, especially when they try to stack summoners and the scout can poke half their life with every shot, but fuck playing it. I'll stick with Prophet/Vanguard.

I lurve playing scout when there are summoners and sentinels on the enemy team

but I basically turn tail and run any time any of the others turns on me.

• Options
    AvalonGuardAvalonGuard Registered User regular
    Ahhh, randoms.

"Why build witchblade? that's anti-basic attacks. You need to build nemean lion."

...which is anti-basic attacks.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod

It's really fun
    I'm playing it, but you're probably better off checking out the G&T thread since a certain someone doesn't play vidja games no more.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options

The most surprising thing about Nosgoth is that the humans are actually more fun to play than the vampires if you're in an organised group.

I have a really hard time playing not hunter. I am spoiled by his versatility.

Prophet is fun though. Her guns are so beefy!

• Options

I have a really hard time playing not hunter. I am spoiled by his versatility.

Prophet is fun though. Her guns are so beefy!

Hunter is great because he doesn't really suffer from any particular vampire composition, unlike the later classes (Scouts get mauled by Deceivers, for instance).

• Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    Europa Universalis IV, all that is is flavour text for a very minor benefit you get for basically advancing through the game (more specifically http://www.eu4wiki.com/Switzerland)

thought you'd like it though!

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    I need to Smite again, but I am so close to owning all the heroes in hots.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    My friend and I started playing Conquest today and we are digging it.

We are kinda lost on the bigger picture stuff though. Anyone got a good basic break down of meta type stuff, lane compositions, what to do with all those jungle camps, etc?

• Options
    edited April 2015
    My friend and I started playing Conquest today and we are digging it.

We are kinda lost on the bigger picture stuff though. Anyone got a good basic break down of meta type stuff, lane compositions, what to do with all those jungle camps, etc?

http://www.reddit.com/r/Smite/comments/31n85k/new_to_smite_looking_for_helptips/

first reply to that thread, huge copy-pasted list of links for new player resources

if you have any specific questions, feel free to throw them my way

TheySlashThem on
  • Options
    A 40 minutes Assault match is definitely a way to end playing for the night.

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular

It's really fun
    I'm playing it, but you're probably better off checking out the G&T thread since a certain someone doesn't play vidja games no more.

Look, you think I'm happy about my bricked laptop? I'm trying so hard and oh God it's so lonnnnnnellllyyyyyyy

• Options
    I've had to heal the pubs.

Alone.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    EvilCakeEvilCake Richmond VARegistered User regular
    Smite clan quest is to win 25 matches with a group of 3 or more >_>

• Options
    I've been doing more regular 3v3s lately, tonight I got a duo queue who had just been on my Arena team where we won. I picked my diamond Xb, one guy started going Ares and the other guy picked a diamond Ra and must've told the Ares to pick a diamond... which gave us diamond Kumbhakarna. I'm not really sure who diamonds Kumbha, but ok... Our diamontimidation loading screen came up and we were against Hercules, Poseidon and Artemis, they were a trio queue.

We go to start our blue, get invaded, Herc has heavy hammer. Ra dies and I start getting out but Kumbha was chasing the like, 20 hp Poseidon so I started to try to get back in to help, but he ended up dying and I was getting zoned by Herc anyway, so I had to get out. So, we gave them a double kill at the beginning of the game. Not exactly an ideal start. They were pretty aggressive in lane and Poseidon even bought a fairly early Divine Ruin to deal with Ra. We started getting a couple kills and getting back into it. I can't even really pinpoint where it really turned around, but ultimately we deicided them at about 13 minutes and started taking the phoenix and they surrendered. I was 9-1 at that point, level 15 and all three of the enemy team was 10. I was only up to Rage in my build, but was about to go back and buy a Deathbringer outright after I finished taking out that phoenix.

I'm still not totally sure where things went wrong for them, though I guess their aggression just wasn't paying off with actual kills. The Kumbha was pretty good with Kumbha though, I have to admit, and he probably got more than a few saves with yawns and such. The enemy Artemis' build was one of the weirdest things I've seen... she started Bluestone Pendant and then went into Hydra's Lament... which is already weird for a hunter. Then she got Jotunn's Wrath, which is super weird for Artemis... then she finally got boots and had started on a Rage or Deathbringer, had the level one item of it. Since they were a trio queue, I checked the match stats, but they were all 30, so I don't know. I'd say she was a weak link because she was so slow for a good portion of the match, but we actually only killed her 5 times to the 6 times we got Poseidon and Herc, so who knows. And Art had top damage for her team at that. I guess Poseidon just wasn't landing what he needed to at all.

• Options
    I cannot believe Fenrir has been out for two years now

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    I can't believe people still joke about how he hasn't been released yet

• Options
    Oh man, I've got my mouse set up to toggle between two DPI settings at the press of a button so now I can play humans with low sensitivity and vampires with a higher sensitivity and Nosgoth has never felt better.

• Options
    I can't believe people still joke about how he hasn't been released yet
    I was actually expecting someone to make that joke.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Gave Nosgoth a go. Havn't decided if I like it yet, since the only round I've truly had fun with was my very first one, where the entire lobby were made up of new players and everyone was using just the base two classes. The matches felt fairly even and were close, and we played maybe four of five rounds with the same lobby.

Came back later, and had some veterans in the game with all the classes unlocked... And what the *hell.* Some of those other classes just sucked the fun right out of it. Especially that flying fuck.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    PMAvers wrote: »
    Gave Nosgoth a go. Havn't decided if I like it yet, since the only round I've truly had fun with was my very first one, where the entire lobby were made up of new players and everyone was using just the base two classes. The matches felt fairly even and were close, and we played maybe four of five rounds with the same lobby.

Came back later, and had some veterans in the game with all the classes unlocked... And what the *hell.* Some of those other classes just sucked the fun right out of it. Especially that flying fuck.

The later classes aren't exactly more powerful, it's just not knowing how to combat them. That, and a lot of fighting vampires is about sound cues, so if you've got the volume down or something else going on in the background, it can really fuck with you.

As for sentinels, you can learn to time your dodge and evade the snatch. The Hunter bola will take them out of it as well. Hunters are very well equipped to deal with them actually. I dunno how active the beginner queue is, but definitely stay in there as long as it's active.

• Options
    Yeah I would say that the classes in Nosgoth are actually very well balanced, and that they give you very strong, versatile classes out of the gate with the Hunter and the Reaver. Like, 4 hunters is a legitimate, strong Human team composition just because they are so well rounded.

However, it's really hard to play against a class when you don't know what they are capable of, but once you know how the class works they are much easier to deal with. I thought Deceivers were kind of BS until I unlocked them, now I know hoe they work and can play against them well.

There are some specific class match ups that are rough (like Alchemist vs Sentinel) but luckily if you are an Alchemist and the enemy team has one or two sentinels on it you can just switch mid map, so it's not a big deal. Sentinels are a fun class, but they have some definite weaknesses. A lot of new players have bad instincts against them and go, "oh, flying enemy, let's hide from it" and try to go in buildings or find narrow alleyways and stuff, but really you want to go to the most open place possible so you can shoot the Sentinel as much as possible on the way in, and try to knock him out of the air with things like Bolas.

A good scout can ruin a sentinels day as well.

• Options
    Also, with your first few unlocks.

Prophet, Vanguard, Deceiver, in whatever order you want. Everybody else is pretty sketchy in that they really need the enemy to not be a few different compositions, whereas those three can pretty much always succeed.

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Oh, yeah, I totally assume it gets easier once you learn how everything works. I was just shocked because nothing in the tutorials even hints at any kind of shenanigans the other classes can do. Going in, I assumed the vamps had some mobility with their climbing and leaping stuff, but... yeah, nothing like that.

I wouldn't mind it if there was a "Know Your Enemy" series of tutorials that would give you a basic understanding of what the other side's classes can do and how you can counter them.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    PMAvers wrote: »
    Oh, yeah, I totally assume it gets easier once you learn how everything works. I was just shocked because nothing in the tutorials even hints at any kind of shenanigans the other classes can do. Going in, I assumed the vamps had some mobility with their climbing and leaping stuff, but... yeah, nothing like that.

I wouldn't mind it if there was a "Know Your Enemy" series of tutorials that would give you a basic understanding of what the other side's classes can do and how you can counter them.
    Good news! There kind of is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qypG4OODHtU

It's a series called Class Warfare

It more highlights what the class can do as opposed to how to fight them, but knowledge helps.

This discussion has been closed.