As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

MOBA: Horrible games for horrible people.

• Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    What class do you like to play? You can mitigate mana drain with certain items. For instance, bluestone pendant is great for physical classes.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    I just tried a different champion each time, so, not ready to say what class I like to play yet.

Generally in games I lean more towards supportive roles, be that tanking, CCing, healing, etc though.

• Options
    DranythDranyth Surf ColoradoRegistered User regular
    Well, I went 6-4 over 10 Arenas, Diamond Xbalanque get. Last match was a 'victory lap' to play around with the diamond skin, especially since the match I got rank 10 on was a loss.

I also ran across a pretty insane Xb player who went 20-3 in one of the games... he has like 200+ hours of Xb play, according to Smite stuff.

Not sure if I still want to use the weird Tim Allen build in arena or not, might transition back to something more standard. I don't know. Anyway, I'm ready for the Shinobalanque skin on (probably) Wednesday at least.

• Options
    AvalonGuardAvalonGuard Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    I just tried a different champion each time, so, not ready to say what class I like to play yet.

Generally in games I lean more towards supportive roles, be that tanking, CCing, healing, etc though.

Sylvanus might be your jam. He does very little damage but has three spectacular ccs and an okay heal.

• Options
    knight11eknight11e Registered User regular
    constantly running out of mana is lesson one in how to play like Knight. well done

• Options
    Shinobalanque looks amazing. I hope it isn't the chest skin.

Steam
  • Options
    Is there a good TSM/lolpro type equivalent for Smite? A place to read up on builds?

• Options
    sPider817sPider817 Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Is there a good TSM/lolpro type equivalent for Smite? A place to read up on builds?

tiermonster.com and smitefire.com

Battlenet: s314der#1279 XBL: s314der YouTube
    Twitch Wed-Sun, 2-5pm CST
  • Options
    DrDinosaurDrDinosaur Registered User regular

Both SmiteStuff and SmiteGuru have popular builds per god. SmiteGuru has information on competitive matches, while SmiteStuff has percentage popularity for each individual item on gods.

• Options
    Be careful, since we just recently rolled into Season 2 a lot of the guides may be outdated.

Steam
  • Options
    Thanks for the recommendations guys, I'll keep an eye out to make sure what I read in Season 2 relevant.

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    hey @inquisitor are we already friends in-game? if not, what's your smite handle? or are you playing on xbone?

unrelated:

https://youtu.be/d1KEHnp1PY8
    https://youtu.be/XCn40qIBTwA

• Options
    https://youtu.be/rwCMU5Th5wQ

also, a bunch of pro players just ate bans for account sharing, apparently

http://esports.smitegame.com/2015/04/07/competitive-ruling-account-sharing/

I don't follow the scene enough to really know how big of a deal this is, though

• Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    This is one dude's fifth offense. You'd think, as someone with a sponsor/someone who has a team that relies on them, that he would have decided to play it safe after the second or third infraction. Guess not.

SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    Well, NME were the worst NA team in the SPL, so they probably can't be affected too badly. Boog is an NA challenger cup team, not sure how good they were, but it looks like they only made it to the round of 8 this last week anyway.

Trig is tied for the #1 team in EU, but Lloydy was one of their 4 subs, I'm not sure if he even had to play in the SPL, so that might not hurt Trig too badly.

Cog was not that good, barely above NME. Mask was their main jungler. Mask seemed to be quite a jackass and was very disliked by the community that followed eSports in Smite. Some of his prior offenses involved stream sniping and trolling DMBrandon's matches excessively and getting on Lassiz's team in league and then deliberately feeding the other team to lose so that Lassiz wouldn't take #1 on the leaderboards over him. So, yeah. Basically good riddens. I sort of didn't like Cog specifically because they had Mask on the team.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Fig-D wrote: »
    This is one dude's fifth offense. You'd think, as someone with a sponsor/someone who has a team that relies on them, that he would have decided to play it safe after the second or third infraction. Guess not.

pretty common to see in a comp scene still this young

can't be choosy enough to get the best and brightest in these dumb kids

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    @sarukun http://www.reddit.com/r/heroesofthestorm/comments/31r5iz/need_a_map_movement_onoff_option_right_now/cq4nktu
    With an upcoming patch, we'll be adding a “Right-Click Through Minimap” option to the Gameplay Options menu. Enabling this will make it so that your right-clicks will go through the minimap and click the world behind it. You can still cast global abilities on the minimap, and like before, non-global abilities still occur under the minimap.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai SSSSSSSSSSS Registered User regular
    I actually got to jungle today. Serqet seems fun.

xXNXOA7.png?1
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    https://youtu.be/SDATUa-o3Ns

edit: okay, this was really useful

I was aware of the minion bomb before but not really how to do it

TheySlashThem on
  • Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    Frankly I'm floored by the revelation that towers get protections if you don't have any minions in the radius.

• Options
    I was wondering how people were able to push waves without actually being there.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    MrMonroe wrote: »
    Frankly I'm floored by the revelation that towers get protections if you don't have any minions in the radius.

backdoor protection

• Options
    @ThatDudeOverThere

My in game name is Winterflea

• Options
    Smite was real fun with @Docshifty tonight until we ran into endless Medusas. That patch can't come fast enough.

• Options
    I'm actually really confused why it hasn't come out yet... they didn't do any additional PTS testing, it seemed like the patch was final and then, nothing.

• Options
    Nosgoth is real fun, you guys.

It's not really a MOBA, per se, but it's a competitive murder simulator with vampires and puny, soft, inferior humans and y'all might really like it.

• Options
    nosgoth is really fun

it's on a long list of free to play games I enjoy but never play because I'm to busy playing smite some more

• Options
    Oh shoot people other than me play Nosgoth? What are your steam names, I play almost everyday and its the main thing keeping me from really getting into smite, so the opposite of you tdot :)

• Options
    In my sig vvvv

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    In case anyone is interested, Strife is on Steam now.

EDIT: Huh, they've added a *lot* of characters since I've checked in last.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    Nosgoth is super goddamn fun and it suffers from a distinct problem a lot of pubbies don't seem to realize.

Nine times out of ten, the human round is about losing by as little as possible, not winning.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    better organized hums are much stronger than vampires

• Options
    DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    better organized hums are much stronger than vampires

Yeah, that's why I stated 'pubbies'.

Even playing with just one friend, the two of us coordinated was enough to really turn the tide as humans.

• Options
    Medusa is bullshit. just straight up bullshit.

xXNXOA7.png?1
  • Options
    Nikolai wrote: »

Pretty much. HiRez has already prepared to tone her down, but won't be releasing the patch until Wednesday. Not sure why they are dragging their feet on nerfing a character that is dominating all non-league play. They waited awhile for Bellona and Smite has never been worse than the pre-nerf Bellona era.

Steam
  • Options
    Nikolai wrote: »

People are stacking power on her instead of normal ADC stuff to abuse her 1. Yeah, I mean, that's expected, but seeing power boots then jotunn's on an ADC is pretty silly.

• Options
    I bought one of those chest things because why not and I got red star athena. She's a pretty fun god too.

xXNXOA7.png?1
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Oh hey I got into the Beta for SMITE on the Xbone, and they sent me an extra key. Who wants it?

This discussion has been closed.