Options

MOBA: Horrible games for horrible people.

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    here's a joke "guide" FuTaWuh made for transitioning from LoL to Smite. I thought it was pretty funny

https://youtu.be/pCuS97LyVx4

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    I've had to heal the pubs.

Alone.

My heart breaks for you.

Now gimmie two thousand dollars.

• Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBQ8ywXJSIc

Mandatory posting of Nosgoth killsteal of the year.

• Options
    DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    Oh and that wasnt the only time. One match I lost like five kills to mid throw pounces and abducts.

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Ahem, it's called kill securing.

Geeze some people.

• Options
    AvalonGuardAvalonGuard Registered User regular
    Ares is such a dick and I love/hate him for it.

• Options
    Docshifty wrote: »
    Also, with your first few unlocks.

Prophet, Vanguard, Deceiver, in whatever order you want. Everybody else is pretty sketchy in that they really need the enemy to not be a few different compositions, whereas those three can pretty much always succeed.

I don't think I've ever played with or against a good Vanguard player. What is he supposed to be good at?

• Options
    GriswoldGriswold that's rough, buddyRegistered User regular
    Grindin', braggin'

32zrle1.png

FFXIV: Brick Shizzhouse - Zalera (Crystal)
    Path of Exile: snowcrash7
    MTG Arena: Snow_Crash#34179
    Battle.net: Snowcrash#1873
  • Options
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Docshifty wrote: »
    Also, with your first few unlocks.

Prophet, Vanguard, Deceiver, in whatever order you want. Everybody else is pretty sketchy in that they really need the enemy to not be a few different compositions, whereas those three can pretty much always succeed.

I don't think I've ever played with or against a good Vanguard player. What is he supposed to be good at?

They're great at mitigating the damage from assaults with their HoT. The axe is pretty much silent so it's hard for a vampire to figure out where they're coming from. Shield Bash and Shield Charge are both cone interrupts so they do great at disrupting Reavers and Tyrants. Their damage mitigation from raising their shield is huge and allows them to eat a lot of specials like Sweeping Kick or either of the summoner Strikes without actually suffering much health damage. If they get low and then bring the shield up, they're an excellent distraction because vamps really tunnel vision. Even at 200 life, with 80% mitigation, it takes a long time to burn through that, letting the other humans kill the vamp.

Plus it is super fun smacking people with the shield.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    sarukun wrote: »
    I've had to heal the pubs.

Alone.
    My heart breaks for you.

Now gimmie two thousand dollars.
    Sure, gimme a steady job and no student debt.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    the only 2 things i don't like about Nosgoth so far:

1) allies turning red with damage - red outline makes me think it's an enemy to shoot at

2) the FPS lobby system - would rather do MOBA style queues and i'm not sure if there's any penalty for leaving mid-match

pretty fun and interesting game so far otherwise

l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• Options
    Yeah the red outlines thing confuses the crap out of me at first, took awhile to drill "any outline = friend" into my head.

There is a leaver penalty now, though it is minor (3 minute lockout) and they added it this patch. I agree that moba lobbies would be an improvement.

• Options
    The red outlines might grow on you, they're super helpful for finding people in need of aid, but yeah, knee jerk reaction is totally to shoot it.

• Options
    it's basically the same system as left 4 dead and it's extremely useful there

• Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    Hey guys anybody playin HotS

It's really fun

@FrylockHolmes

I am. I have a lot of problems with it, but overall I think it's solid, if in need of some pretty severe tweaking.

• Options
    DranythDranyth Surf ColoradoRegistered User regular

For a long time, yes. Way before season 2 anyway, as I recall it's a healing debuff.

Anyway, I don't usually have complaints about matchmaking, but holy fucking shit did I just have the worst night in Arena I think I've ever seen (and I used to have a 60% win rate in Arena). So, since I have Xb at rank 10 already, I decided I'd get some worshippers for my Neith. Apparently, that was the worst idea in the world.

I had 6 of the shittiest teams I think I've ever seen, all in a row. We're talking, teams that didn't seem to even know that the minions existed, to the point that every time I had to go back to base, minions were getting into the portal. That happened in two games at least. Another two times we had someone DC for 5 minutes and then come back... in one of them, the Athena who came back then immediately used her dash and sprint to run right into the enemy base and die. I have literally no idea what the fuck was going on. Then I had a game where our Loki did nothing but dive, get a kill, die and then bitch to the team over and over again. He was also getting on my case about 'focusing the Sobek' instead of the Anubis or other squishies... who were literally standing at the wall of their base, probably because of Loki, while Sobek was at mid field. I didn't ask him how exactly I was supposed to accomplish that, but he was in rage mode anyway, so who cares. It was also funny, because at that point, which was either game 4 or 5, that was the best team I had had thus far, sad as it was.

Finally, in game 7, we had an ok team and we were against a team that felt like the ones I had been getting all evening, except they were a bit more aggressive without the skill to back it up. We actually expected they were about to surrender because we were up 16-4 or something like that, but then they started to come back. Final ticket count was 56 to 0. I ended up going 8-0 with 29k damage as Neith, my best game of the set by far.

Usually I've also been doing 3v3s for a daily win as well, but it's already 2am and with as bad as those Arena games were, I didn't feel like messing with it.

• Options
    NikolaiNikolai SSSSSSSSSSS Registered User regular
    I had a dude yesterday leave about a minute into a conquest game. All he did was ping the enemy red buff. Run to right outside their tower range then leave. I've had a bunch of games this week ruined by leavers.

xXNXOA7.png?1
  • Options
    FrylockHolmesFrylockHolmes Registered User regular
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    Hey guys anybody playin HotS

It's really fun

@FrylockHolmes

I am. I have a lot of problems with it, but overall I think it's solid, if in need of some pretty severe tweaking.

I could see balance changes being needed yeah, but I just love the combination of shorter games, less emphasis on laning and the variety of objectives and maps.

• Options
    edited April 2015
    https://youtu.be/lFknVSU9H2A

wherein Inuki is confused about what pantheon Khumba is in

TheySlashThem on
  • Options
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Hey it's Torment Bellona aka Hellona aka "Bellona with a lot of reverb adding to her clips"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECU-dpLfMb0

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    aka diablona

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai SSSSSSSSSSS Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Bellona was fun in the one bot game I tested her out in. But smite bots are hella dumb.

Nikolai on
    xXNXOA7.png?1
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    here's a joke "guide" FuTaWuh made for transitioning from LoL to Smite. I thought it was pretty funny

https://youtu.be/pCuS97LyVx4

So this game watched a lot of the Ferd F-TeenThousand video huh.

Anyway I've been playing Smite on my Xbox and I enjoy it! I have no idea how to play the Arena and stuff, and I think I still perfer LoL as a game overall, but Smite is really easy to just pick up and play.

• Options
    Nikolai wrote: »
    Bellona was fun in the one bot game I tested her out in. But smite bots are hella dumb.

Oh, so that's what I've been getting in my games lately. That explains everything.

Seriously though, another complete ass Arena team... game after that I ended up against smitegame chat mod and streamer Havok and his viewers and they were doing a silly all guardian attack speed team. We destroyed them. So that was worth a laugh.

Then I decided to try my 3v3 joust some more and, holy god the teams I got... Seriously, this is the kind of shit that makes me want to quit the game. Gah.

• Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    HiRez is about to get my money for both Shinobalanque and Hellona. I'm pretty happy about them not being in chests. There have been some really cool skins that I didn't even try for since they were hidden in chests in the past.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    HiRez is about to get my money for both Shinobalanque and Hellona. I'm pretty happy about them not being in chests. There have been some really cool skins that I didn't even try for since they were hidden in chests in the past.

Yeah, I'll probably be shelling out some cash for those skins and some misc voice packs I want. Whatever you want to say about balance, the majority of the new stuff has been pretty creative and interesting and I want to help send a message: "yes, more of this please"

• Options
    Does anyone happen to know a video from the pov of a good jungler in smite? My friends and I are having a hard time understanding the general game flow of this role and I figure watching someone good at it should be a big help.

Thanks!

• Options
    Does anyone happen to know a video from the pov of a good jungler in smite? My friends and I are having a hard time understanding the general game flow of this role and I figure watching someone good at it should be a big help.

Thanks!

Fdot, maybe? He streams on smitegame and he's who I learned Thanatos from.

• Options
    DrDinosaurDrDinosaur Registered User regular

Thanks!

DaGarz, probably the best Thor, playing Thor

Drybear is usually pretty good at walking through why he's making the decisions that he's making - the last jungler video he put up was for Kali.

Generally, you want to start in solo lane, leave to grab back camps, then help with mid camps that spawn at 3:00. Grab camps as they come up (every 4 minutes), and if you rotate to lane to try and gank or relieve pressure, always tag the wave to gain some gold and experience.

• Options
    Thanks for the reccomendations, only got to skim some videos for now, will watch them in more depth soon, seems like the huge diffefence between smite and league with jungling is because of the way that exp and gold is shared its okay, maybe even necessary, for the jungler to be in lanes and get exp and gold out of them, which is a big no-no in league.

Is this correct?

• Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    aka diablona

Iron Bullona

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    edited April 2015

Thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybFnpItkcqI

Edit: Hmm, it seems like he doesn't go over routes. He had a bunch of good stuff for season 1 on his channel, though.

Zombie Hero on
    Steam
  • Options
    Steam
  • Options
    this isn't the slickest or most exciting jungling video but it's super in-depth

https://youtu.be/ZCNghWChdro

• Options
    So there's a relatively new site called Follow Esports that's basically a TV guide for major esports streams, including all of the major MOBAs.

Seems nice so far but it's very clearly a work in progress.

• Options
    edited April 2015
    Last night was another pretty awful set of teams for 3v3. I won't bother with most of the details, but what was amusing was the 6th game. Autolocking Medusa, I hovered my Neith and the third guy showed some support, then switched to Zhong Kui. Loading screen comes up, we were against Bacchus, Vulcan and Awilix... so they were going for kind of a cheesy knockup Awilix ult comp.

Oh, and our Medusa was rank 10. ...

Our Medusa was also kind of bad-ish and fell behind early, mostly trying to chase kills. At around 18 minutes we finally had an ok fight, we killed Vulcan near our phoenix, Bacchus and Awilix were on Zhong who had ulted and was doing damage and Awilix had no health, I fired an ultimate around the corner and killed her, but it hit a split second after Backstep went off and killed Zhong. Medusa and I chased Bacchus up the lane and killed him at their phoenix, had a minion wave behind us and we took out the phoenix in no time as Vulcan was about to rez. I actually thought we didn't have time to do more, but Medusa went in and pulled the titan around the corner and the two of us burned it down super fast before Vulcan could really stop us. I was amazed that that was how I finally got a 3v3 win last night... Went 6-2 with Neith that game, slightly below Medusa's damage who was 3-6 and had moving Aegis and had bought Blink.

Edit: And tonight I get 3 first wins in Assault, Arena and 3v3 in a row... fairly decent teams at that. The Arena was a bit crazy, pretty much complete non-stop fighting. I had a rough start with Neith in the 3v3, was down 1-5 at one point, we started winning team fights much better once I got my full build pretty much online and ended up 4-5 when we killed the titan. Maybe I just need to stop beginning my Smite games at like 10pm...

Props to two different good Kumbha players though, one in the assault and one in the 3v3. I know Kumbha can be really good/annoying when played well, and they showed it.

Dranyth on
This discussion has been closed.