As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

To Pineapple or Not to Pineapple

• Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    Fuck pineapple
    Side tip, creme brulee made with melted gummies instead of custard is not actually all that good.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Fuck pineapple
    Melding wrote: »
    see317 wrote: »
    Melding wrote: »
    okay, no, the peanut butter would have to be the sauce and then you put fruit on it.

I think i'm on to something here guys.

Sounds like it could be a tasty dessert pizza. Maybe start with a slightly sweeter recipe for the crust, something along the lines of a cinnamon roll (sans cinnamon and sugar filling), probably have to precook the crust though, I don't think peanut butter would stand up to well to the oven temps needed for a good crust. Peanut butter as the sauce, top it with sliced bananas, maybe sliced strawberries as well, after that a light drizzle of warm nutella over the top of the thing. Not too much though, don't want to overwhelm the bananas and berries. Maybe a few minutes in the oven to toast the bananas a bit.

Damnit, now I'm hungry. And there's nowhere I can get a pizza at 12:30 in the morning.

Despite us being on opposite sides of the conflict of our generation, I like you.

I just wish you weren't wrong about pine apples.

Or Ananas, which is more fun to say.
    I'm not wrong about pineapples, they're delicious and delightful in a whole array of foods, or by themselves as a delightful snack. Nothing beats munching on some pineapple chunks that have spent a few hours in the freezer on a hot day.

They just don't belong on pizza.

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    Spiders
    oh right my how-to mayo guild also works perfectly as a how-to for making pineapple pizza

CmMxuvF.jpg

thankfully I have never had anyone order any type of pizza with pineapple on it. if they did I would probably never speak to them again

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    PINEAPPLE
    Waitin for my pineapple pizza

gonna enjoy that sweet, tomatoy, cheesey pie

suck it, haters

• Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    Fuck pineapple
    In honour of this thread, tonight I will order a pizza with no pineapple.

I'm kind of tempted to order a pizza with pineapple on it, but get them to leave the pineapple off.

broken image link
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Larlar's sweet gams
    Order a pizza with pineapple and then when they deliver it make the legitimate argument that you should be able to get the pizza for free because it is a mistake.

• Options
    But you can call meBut you can call me Grand Divina Angela Registered User regular
    Spiders
    Whether or not I enjoy pineapple on pizza changes from day to day.

And I'm sure Larlar's legs are quite lovely, but they'd probably hurt if you touched them.

(because he's a cactus man, you see)

So spiders it is. Gimme those tasty, tasty spiders.

• Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    Fuck pineapple
    Lots of people going on my death list.

Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    the cheatthe cheat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    PINEAPPLE
    Jars wrote: »
    oh right my how-to mayo guild also works perfectly as a how-to for making pineapple pizza

CmMxuvF.jpg

thankfully I have never had anyone order any type of pizza with pineapple on it. if they did I would probably never speak to them again

smack.png~original

tKfL2Yd.png?1
  • Options
    Satanic JesusSatanic Jesus Hi, I'm Liam! with broken glassesRegistered User regular
    Spiders
    Pineapple is nice, just please keep it off my pizza, I'll eat it later, I promise! Also any mango you may have! But not watermelon! Bleh!

my backloggery 3DS: 0533-5338-5186 steam: porcelain_cow goodreads
  • Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    PINEAPPLE
    Take it away, Wikipedia:
    The word "pineapple" in English was first recorded in 1398, when it was originally used to describe the reproductive organs of conifer trees (now termed pine cones). The term "pine cone" for the reproductive organ of conifer trees was first recorded in 1694. When European explorers discovered this tropical fruit in the Americas, they called them "pineapples" (first so referenced in 1664 due to resemblance to what is now known as the pine cone).[7][8]

In the scientific binomial Ananas comosus, ananas, the original name of the fruit, comes from the Tupi word nanas, meaning "excellent fruit",[9] as recorded by André Thevet in 1555, and comosus, "tufted", refers to the stem of the fruit. Other members of the Ananas genus are often called "pine", as well, in other languages. In Spanish, pineapples are called piña ("pine cone"), or ananá (ananás) (example, the piña colada drink).

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Fuck pineapple
    Ananas looks too much like bananas.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    I'd like fifty bucks.

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Pineapples are what we call fifty dollar notes.

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
  • Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Spiders
    It's a shame that there are only a handful of pineapple cultivars commercially available. I once had a pineapple that actually tasted like a pina colada, notes of coconut and everything. And there are some pretty tasty hybrids and cultivars too these days, but pretty hard to find usually and dang expensive to boot.

• Options
    DHSDHS Chase lizards.. ...bark at donkeys..Registered User regular
    Fuck pineapple
    It seems like it would chafe, though.

"Grip 'em up, grip 'em, grip 'em good, said the Gryphon... to the pig."
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    PINEAPPLE
    Side tip, creme brulee made with melted gummies instead of custard is not actually all that good.

I skewered leftover easter peeps and held them over the grill until the sugar turned golden brown and formed a shell. It was wonderful.

Also pineapples are a great fruit in part because having a full pineapple in your shopping cart looks funny.

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Larlar's sweet gams
    the cheat wrote: »
    Durkhanus wrote: »
    I like spiders. I got lots in and around my house.

Spiders and house centipedes all over my place. They are pretty rad.

I imagine they wage a silent war against the roaches in my house

I'm hoping they are winning since there hasn't been a roach sighting in months but I see house centipedes almost daily

what kind of maniac allows house centipedes, free fucking reign of their house?

ok, also I am never trying anchovies. I try all kinds of new food, but I draw the line at whole fish. cats don't even eat whole fish: they deepthroat that shit and pull out a perfectly clean skeleton. everyone knows this.

O_o
    The anchovies that you get in jars and pizzas etc are filleted. They are fillets of fish.

Have you ever actually looked at one?

• Options
    Fuck pineapple
    Also whitebait actually is whole fish and is delicious so yeah double wrong.

broken image link
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Larlar's sweet gams
    Oh my god you guys I had the best whitebait in Spain this one time holy shit

God I cannot deal with the angsty cognitive dissonance I have around seafood. I love it so much and eating it is so ecologically unsound.

• Options
    Larlar's sweet gams
    What's wrong with eating seafood?

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Fuck pineapple
    We're eating ALL the seafood.

• Options
    AtheraalAtheraal Registered User regular
    PINEAPPLE
    everything

but it's delicious, shh enjoy it while it lasts

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Larlar's sweet gams
    The damage to the sea is huge, no doubt.
    But the damage to the land is large as well, and it seems it'd have a harder time to recover because no way we'll ever give land back to regrow rainforest.

If you truely care about the ecology, you would probably have to stop eating fish, meat and cheese. (Chicken comes out relatively ok in this discussion, as do eggs).

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    stimtokolosstimtokolos Registered User regular
    PINEAPPLE
    Also whitebait actually is whole fish and is delicious so yeah double wrong.

We will eat Greek food when I am down for PAX.

• Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    PINEAPPLE
    Veldrin wrote: »
    What's wrong with eating seafood?

The Cliff Notes version is roughly that wild-caught fish species are basically at a crisis point due to overfishing. Farm raised fish tend to escape their cages (because they're, you know, still in the ocean) and reduce the genetic diversity of their wild cousins. Farm fisheries also are a breeding ground for disease.

I think there's more, but it is essentially that the fishing industry is managed in a wildly unsustainable way that could lead to the collapse of the whole thing in the near future.

• Options
    AtheraalAtheraal Registered User regular
    PINEAPPLE
    no, if you truly care about our ecological stability, you'd have to contribute to creating policy that discourages many people from eating fish, meat and cheese

you are a drop in a very large bucket, limiting your personal impact does little enough to be considered insignificant

• Options
    edited June 2014
    Fuck pineapple
    Atheraal wrote: »
    no, if you truly care about our ecological stability, you'd have to contribute to creating policy that discourages many people from eating fish, meat and cheese

you are a drop in a very large bucket, limiting your personal impact does little enough to be considered insignificant

I was at the beach once, and thousands, maybe tens of thousands of starfish had washed ashore, and an old man was walking along, picking them up, and throwing them back in the water.

"Why do you bother?" I said. "You couldn't possibly save them all."

"No," he replied, holding a starfish in his hand, "but I can save this one."

Mr Fuzzbutt on
    broken image link
  • Options
    Fuck pineapple
    then i told him that those starfish were an introduced species that were wreaking havoc on the local environment and he should stop saving them

broken image link
  • Options
    Larlar's sweet gams
    Oh wow

I've apparently been pretty ignorant to the overfishing issue until today.

• Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    PINEAPPLE
    I blame the pineapple haters personally

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    PINEAPPLE
    Turning their nose up at pineapple, covering their pizzas in endangered fish.

Bastards.

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    PINEAPPLE
    I had a pineapple pizza this very afternoon just to spite all the bigots in this thread

• Options
    Larlar's sweet gams
    Pooro why

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    PINEAPPLE
    It was so tasty that I found myself wondering why I don't do it on every pizza

• Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    PINEAPPLE
    I am justified.
    Let us purge the fruit fuckers.

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    PINEAPPLE
    Spite pizza is amazing.

• Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    PINEAPPLE
    Only thing about pineapple on pizza, is that it tends to not hold up in the transition into cold leftover pizza.

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    PINEAPPLE
    Man, I'm gonna find some pineapple today and eat it

Or at least maybe some pineapple juice