As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

LOST: Reliving The Glory Days - Tabula Rasa (begin abloobloobloo)

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    The Monkees

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Tasteticle wrote: »
    Has there ever been a TV show with better music? I really can't think of any.

Alias comes damn close at times

Also Giacchino

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I wanted to get in on this with you guys as I have never Losted before, but apparently there is no way to stream it in the UK.

Breaking Bad and OitNB briefly made me forget how bad the Netflix UK selection actually is. It's pretty shit.

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    I've been pondering picking up a box set but I can't remember if I enjoyed Lost that much.

What's the betting that it has been bought up and locked away in Sky's on demand stuff? Bloody Murdochs.

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    You just reminded me that I have access to a Sky Go account, but I just checked and Lost isn't on there either. Apparently season 1 and 2 were channel 4 so maybe if sky doesn't own the whole lot they won't put it up. Bums.

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    laaamme

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    DarricDarric Santa MonicaRegistered User regular
    Patrick just tweeted about this, but I thought I'd reiterate it, because it really is a fantastic album:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/lost-music-from-island-for/id551960444

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Patrick Klepek's first podcast episode is great

Jana I think her name is is their new watcher and she's on the ball

Wish I had been half as insightful when I watched the show first

Up to episode 5 myself and wow totally forgot what a prick Jack's dad is

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    I think the last decade or so of TV has trained people how to watch better. LOST was an early contributor to this.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    "watch better"? Do you mean like pick up on little details and clues about what will happen?

• Options
    I know at least she got deep into Breaking Bad analysis, she mentions it on the show, which could inform her of how to judge things a bit

I dunno, still haven't watched more than 4 BB episodes

• Options
    Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    i finally got around to rewatching the Pilot parts one and two.

Reminded how much i hate Shannon.

Also how great is Hurely. So great.

Damn Sawyer, why did you never play Gambit?

I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

• Options
    because josh holloway is cooler than gambit could ever hope to be

• Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    SimBen wrote: »
    The real crazy part is how fast she loses all that baby weight after she's no longer pregnant. God damned impossible for a bump that big.
    Island healing powers

I still have no clue what happened with her after season 2 or 3

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Bad-BeatBad-Beat Registered User regular
    One of my favourite dropped plot threads was:
    Desmond's imprisonment and discharge from the army. It's a cool flashback that never gets mentioned again. I don't even think they mentioned him being in the army again except some random comment about guns or something.

• Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    knitdan wrote: »
    I think the last decade or so of TV has trained people how to watch better. LOST was an early contributor to this.

I was amazed at myself for seeing through the weird pacing of early episodes, shit that went straight over my head on first watching.

Like Jack finds an intact sewing kit the second the beach explosionfest is over.
    Speaking of that, somehow the wing tipping over and falling down maybe 30 feet onto sand caused a huge explosion.
    Also I don't think Sawyer ever tells anyone his name but somehow by episode 2 or 3 everybody knows.
    Sayid announces they'll set up rain collectors at the beginning of Tabula Rasa and they seem to have a whole system going, including cut-off water bottles, in like minutes.
    Also there's no way those food trays, which are covered only by a sheet of foil, would have been intact after a plane crash. For that matter, they probably would've been in the tail section.

None of that is disbelief-suspension breaking really, it's just that after a decade of TV shows taking themselves more seriously I'm way more acute at picking that stuff up now.

SimBen on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    Smrtnik wrote: »
    The real crazy part is how fast she loses all that baby weight after she's no longer pregnant. God damned impossible for a bump that big.
    Island healing powers

I still have no clue what happened with her after season 2 or 3

(serious mega spoilers)
    The Man in Black, appearing as Christian, tells her to find Jacob, so she wanders off and finds Jacob's cabin while everyone else gets rescued and Kate brings Aaron back with her.

Then she doesn't time-skip along with everyone else, starts living in the jungle and catches Rousseau's bugeyed crazy (and becomes convinced Kate kidnapped Aaron). By the end Kate's convinced her to go back with her and be with Aaron so she leaves the island with the rest of them.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Bad-Beat wrote: »
    One of my favourite dropped plot threads was:
    Desmond's imprisonment and discharge from the army. It's a cool flashback that never gets mentioned again. I don't even think they mentioned him being in the army again except some random comment about guns or something.
    He was discharged because he started time-jumping around during drills and blacking out.

Also his sergeant was played by Dwalin from The Hobbit.

sig.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    So they spent the whole first podcast mis-stating that Lost began in 2003

then in the second one they mention how people corrected them but they mis-state the correction and say that they first said 2004 but really it's 2003 and now they're double-sure it's 2003

gaaaah Patrick

SimBen on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    I mean

You can look up when it started

Its on the web and everything

• Options
    Hey guys if you're following along with the thread you can probably skip ahead to the next two episodes, now. I would suggest you watch the next two because while Tabula Rasa is pretty good, Walkabout is one of the best episodes of the entire show and probably would make a list of best TV episodes in general, and everyone should watch it to really understand what this show is capable of at its absolute best.

• Options
    Yes I know, I'm saying they now got it wrong twice in a row, despite being corrected after the first time. They read a tweet on the podcast but somehow switch 2003 and 2004 around, now they think it really started in 2003 but they said 2004 in the first one (where in fact they've said 2003 two episodes in a row).

sig.gif
  • Options
    Oh I was more saying it isn't really something they should be constantly getting wrong

All of them constantly have their phones on them and Wikipedia is nearby in the internet

• Options
    It even becomes a plot point at a certain point that they're in 2004.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Hey guys if you're following along with the thread you can probably skip ahead to the next two episodes, now. I would suggest you watch the next two because while Tabula Rasa is pretty good, Walkabout is one of the best episodes of the entire show and probably would make a list of best TV episodes in general, and everyone should watch it to really understand what this show is capable of at its absolute best.

this is mostly for @Blankzilla‌ who I know is watching for the first time

• Options
    Don't know where Death is but yeah Podcast 2 is out so definitely at the very least watch Tabula Rasa annnnd discuss

Lostpedia Highlights coming later this evening

sig.gif
  • Options
    LOSTPEDIA HIGHLIGHTS for episode 1x03, "Tabula Rasa"
    Lostpedia wrote:
    * If "Pilot, Part 1" and "Pilot, Part 2" are counted as Jack-centric and Charlie & Kate-centric, respectively, this is the first time that a character has a second centric episode. If they are not, this distinction belongs to "All the Best Cowboys Have Daddy Issues".
    * The name of this episode - Tabula Rasa - shares titles with the 108th episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
    * When Locke returns Vincent to Michael, Walt's head changes the way it is facing, even though he is asleep.
    * Sawyer calls Kate "Freckles," Sayid "Abdul" and "Al Jazeera," and Jack "Doc" and "the hero." Hurley calls Mars "Johnny Fever." Boone calls Sawyer a "hick." (Nicknames)
    * Michael promises Walt that he will look for Vincent as soon as it stops raining; the rain then ends. (Rain)
    * Ray Mullen has a prosthetic arm. (Missing body parts)
    * The backgammon table is shown with five dice over it. One of them is white and numeric and the number 16 is displayed on top. The other two are white, with the numbers 6 and 4 displayed. The other two are black with the numbers 4 and 2 displayed. (The Numbers) (Black and white)
    * The Fugitive: Hurley walks up to Jack and, referring to Kate, asks, "So. Where's The Fugitive?" The Fugitive is an American television series that aired on ABC from 1963-1967. (Movies and TV)
    * When Sawyer and Kate are discussing the gun, he says, "Hell, there's only one bullet left. Be damn near poetic." In "The End", Kate shoots MIB with the one bullet left in the weapon. (Foreshadowing)
    * Sweet Kate is revealed to be a dangerous fugitive. (Plot twist)
    * When Jack goes into the plane to look for medicine, Sawyer is looting it. He claims Jack isn't looking at "the big picture." (Economics)

sig.gif
  • Options
    Fuckin

Lostpedia

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Sweet Kate is revealed to be a dangerous fugitive. (Plot twist)
    * When Jack goes into the plane to look for medicine, Sawyer is looting it. He claims Jack isn't looking at "the big picture." (Economics)

I love Lostpedia so much

• Options
    I'll put this behind spoiler tags because Blank hasn't yet posted in here that he's watched the episode but this is just Tabula Rasa stuff
    It is crazy that it's the third episode and 1) Sawyer has already tried to kill a guy and 2) Jack has finished the job.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    firing up Tabula Rasa right now
    I don't think I've watched a single episode of this show after its initial airing, with the exception of a couple of the season finales

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    God I missed this Sawyer banter

• Options
    Tabula Rasa stuff
    Love how Kate uses the time honored "I'm from Canada" line for Americans traveling abroad.

Also I get the feeling that the Marshal has a bit of a thing for her. Something about how he tells Jack, "Don't trust her, no matter how she makes you feel."

• Options
    Tabula Rasa stuff
    Love how Kate uses the time honored "I'm from Canada" line for Americans traveling abroad.

Also I get the feeling that the Marshal has a bit of a thing for her. Something about how he tells Jack, "Don't trust her, no matter how she makes you feel."

She even says "sorry" like a Canadian in her flashbacks.

sig.gif
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Tabula Rasa stuff

She even says "sorry" like a Canadian in her flashbacks.

Well I mean, Evangeline Lilly is Canadian...

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    By the way, here is some awesome art in the form of posters down for every single episode.

BE AWARE THEY CONTAIN SPOILERS!

The 1st & 2nd episodes from last week.
    zz615fdde1-550x850.jpg
    zz7a2317db-550x850.jpg

And the 3rd & 4th episode from this week.
    zz5adef1e2-550x850.jpg
    zz7993d182-550x850.jpg

I'll make an effort to post two of them a week.

• Options
    Who does those?

• Options
  • Options
    Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    Title and original post updated. Unfortunately I haven't even had time to join in on the fun yet. I'll have to catch up once the show really kicks off.

No I don't.
  • Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    here's another Lost poster I found while looking for something else on my computer:
    OHeiEf7.jpg
    (character spoilers from later seasons I guess)