• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    Winky wrote: »
    cB557 wrote: »
    As a rule I don't judge anyone for what they like, I judge them for how they act.
    I'd say judging someone for the reasons why they like something is probably fair game though.

Only if it has a negative influence on their behavior.
    Well I mean, if someone like Tom Kratman's books because they agree with the way he depicts the world
    I think you can probably say that they are a terrible person.

I don't really believe in terrible people, just ignorant ones and tragic ones.
    Well yes but semantics. They are nonetheless unpleasant to be around.
    Edit: overlord of page 55

cB557 on
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    instead of buying new games I notice that breach and clear has had numerous updates on ipad so I am firing it up

organichu are you ready to shoot ethnics

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    As a rule I don't judge anyone for what they like, I judge them for how they act.
    I'd say judging someone for the reasons why they like something is probably fair game though.

Well I mean, if someone like Tom Kratman's books because they agree with the way he depicts the world

They may be redeemable. But they shouldn't be allowed to make book buying decisions.

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular

I've always felt like I WANT to like bayonetta

but watching people play it, it's so visually busy that it's just overwhelming. I can hardly even see the actual baddies behind all the attacks going on, I can't decipher wtf she's doing most of the time.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    my neighbor shouted at me, as i checked the pressure on my tires, that i must not like to say hello, and she seemed really mad about it, but i didn't even see her, because of my pure concentration on checking tire pressure

i responded like the guy did in the happening after the old lady accused him of planning to murder her, but in this case my response was appropriate

You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    @‌DasUberEdward

I KNOW you are around...I SAW YOU IN HERE RECENTLY!

Get back in chat! There has been a distinct lack of Daffy Duck avs around here lately...

• Options
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    yo

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    hehe... The Crappening

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular

People can have terrible views and still be perfectly pleasant people. They may even be, on the whole, really great people. My grandparents are deeply homophobic but they're still fantastic human beings, they're just completely ignorant and have been aggressively mislead on the subject.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    Kana wrote: »

but watching people play it, it's so visually busy that it's just overwhelming. I can hardly even see the actual baddies behind all the attacks going on, I can't decipher wtf she's doing most of the time.

thats partly cos that bros a high level player so it will mostly be a clusterfuck of transformation and teleporting and HUGE SPACE PUNCHES

if u watch sum random skrublord play its way less hectic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNO4suAr_Hk

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Bayonetta is at first embarrassing as fuck.

It becomes much more tolerable when you accept the fact that she is a female drag queen.

Then everything becomes awesome.

• Options

thats partly cos that bros a high level player so it will mostly be a clusterfuck of transformation and teleporting and HUGE SPACE PUNCHES

I appreciate the effort, but those outfits all look terrible...

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    edited June 2014

People can have terrible views and still be perfectly pleasant people. They may even be, on the whole, really great people. My grandparents are deeply homophobic but they're still fantastic human beings, they're just completely ignorant and have been aggressively mislead on the subject.
    Now
    perhaps I wouldn't type this is I was dead tired
    but that does mean your grandparents are a little bit horrible. It may be balanced out somewhat by otherwise being pleasant, but your grandparents are still somewhat terrible; exact proportions of good:bad to be determined, on account of that view.

Of course, on the subject of Kratmanism
    to agree with all his beliefs is to basically be an all around terrible person, with no or very few good qualities to counteract the bad.

cB557 on
  • Options
    friggin steam sale

takin all my money

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Pony wrote: »
    friggin steam sale

takin all my money

i find the trick is to have already spent all my money on the last sale

so they've only gotten like $15 out of me so far this time

SUCKERS

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    friggin steam sale

takin all my money

I am lucky this time around, since I have no job at the moment, so I can't buy any games this time around...

...well...maybe "lucky" is the wrong word...

• Options
    Chanus wrote: »
    friggin steam sale

takin all my money

SUCKERS

S2 of Walking Dead went on 50% today

ffffffaaaaaaaack

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    Neco wrote: »

I appreciate the effort, but those outfits all look terrible...

this is racist and im going 2 sue u

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Bayonetta is at first embarrassing as fuck.

It becomes much more tolerable when you accept the fact that she is a female drag queen.

Then everything becomes awesome.

I think that's the best explanation of Bayonetta I've heard

And true

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    DWRfDGa.gif

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    ChelleYeahChelleYeah Mrs. Ludious Living it up in Cinderella's CastleRegistered User regular
    I post Makeup stuff and Schnauzers on instagram.

Ludious wrote: »
    I react like a dyslexic crash test dummy. Hit the wall then the brakes.
  • Options
    *in an arya's prayer cadence*

Bastion, Bayonetta, Dustforce, Guacamelee

You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
  • Options
    ChelleYeah wrote: »

That is because that is a gross hedgehog who can't even be bothered to be blue!

• Options
    For people watching the Steam sale, keep an eye out for Transistor! That game was SO good...

• Options

Now
    but that does mean your grandparents are a little bit horrible. It may be balanced out somewhat by otherwise being pleasant, but your grandparents are still somewhat terrible; exact proportions of good:bad to be determined, on account of that view.

By that metric we're all a little bit horrible.

History has shown us that the odds are there are probably things every one of us here fervently believes that will be recognized sixty, seventy years down the road as some ungrounded, prejudiced, or downright destructive view. People are people, they can't help what they are. Looking at one person from one set of circumstances and another person from another set of circumstances and trying to establish some ground on which to compare them or determine their worth is pointless.

What you should concern yourself with is whether they're causing harm, and what you can reasonably do to prevent or mitigate it.

It's pointless to judge who a person is.

But what a person does? That's worth concerning yourself with.

• Options

Now

false i am not horrible at all

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    So apparently my stream was laggy and i had no access to the chat because Twitch is awful.

Dunno if i'll stream again. :\

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    friggin steam sale

takin all my money

SUCKERS

Like brothers, Chanus.

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options

Now

false i am not horrible at all

Therefore the metric is proven invalid

QED

• Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    friggin steam sale

takin all my money

I am lucky this time around, since I have no job at the moment, so I can't buy any games this time around...

how goes the job hunt?

• Options
    last game i bot was transister and i played it for liek 2 hours then disapointment set in and i looked at boob gifs

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    last game i bot was transister and i played it for liek 2 hours then disapointment set in and i looked at boob gifs

u r bewb gif.

• Options
    friggin steam sale

takin all my money

how goes the job hunt?

It is going...

I had a phone interview earlier for an administrative position in a neurology office. It did not go TERRIBLY, but also not particularly well.

I just have to wait and see...

• Options
    ChelleYeahChelleYeah Mrs. Ludious Living it up in Cinderella's CastleRegistered User regular
    imgur.com/Jss4egJ

why some reddit comments are worth reading in addition to surfing the linked content:

[–]down_vote_magnet 1741 points 12 hours ago

TL;DR original story

> Employed at company for less than a month.

> With 30 people in very important meeting.

> After 4 hours, bladder about to explode.

>Trying to convince myself to just go pee; don't want to make a bad impression.

> As soon as meeting ends, run straight to the bathroom.

> Start unzipping before I get there. Already peeing 2 steps from the urinal.

> More and more people coming in, waiting for the urinal to open up.

> Don't want to stand there and pee forever.

> Tense bladder, pee as hard and as fast as possible.

> Subconsciously hold breath.

> Start to get really light headed.

> Take 2 steps back and pass out, falling straight on my back.

> mfw 10 of my coworkers saw me stumble back, fall on the floor with my dick hanging out of my pants, and then piss into the air like an angel statue in a park all over myself and the floor.

I post Makeup stuff and Schnauzers on instagram.

Ludious wrote: »
    I react like a dyslexic crash test dummy. Hit the wall then the brakes.
  • Options
    friggin steam sale

takin all my money

how goes the job hunt?

It is going...

I had a phone interview earlier for an administrative position in a neurology office. It did not go TERRIBLY, but also not particularly well.

I just have to wait and see...

Good luck! I hope they liked what they heard, and call you in for a face-to-face. :)

• Options
    JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    Hey @Pony you play Shadowrun Returns right?

• Options
    JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    Hey @Pony you play Shadowrun Returns right?

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    xZqJj7G.png?1

@ChelleYeah‌

Lady Chelle the Archmage. Suffered from irritable bowel syndrome. Literally died despite the fact that she had frozen time.

This discussion has been closed.