Options

[Football/Soccer] "FIFA Ethics Committee" lol

• Options
    lowlylowlycooklowlylowlycook Registered User regular
    Huh, I was going to say bring on the Women's Cup in two years, but apparently it's next year?

steam_sig.png
    (Please do not gift. My game bank is already full.)
  • Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    That was honesty more exciting than any nfl game I etched last year

Accepting that in a Bucs fan but still

How can anyone think this is a boring sport

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    g80cadbcd.jpg

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    C2BC2B SwitzerlandRegistered User regular
    Gosling wrote: »
    Well, no real argument that we got beat cleanly.

But dammit that loss hurts.

Welcome to the World Cup. Where every four years, you get your hopes up, only to see them crushed, and still you love it and wait for next time...

Not to mention its being organized by the legion of doom....

Why do we love organized sports?

• Options

You can't exactly judge football by watching this WC. It's been amazing.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    Huh, I was going to say bring on the Women's Cup in two years, but apparently it's next year?

It's in Canada!

• Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    Elki wrote: »
    And now the most painful lesson of football.

The ten minutes of hope.

Classic Bogart‌

All America needs now is to be knocked out because of a blatant injustice, perhaps a handball or a devious dive and a penalty, and that should fire up enough anger to make football a part of your hearts forever. Grudges against entire countries will be cherished, and victories over your hated foes will taste sweeter than wine.

Indeed, Bogart,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBuG7KhI41g

indeed.

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular

The ten minutes of hope.

Classic Bogart‌

All America needs now is to be knocked out because of a blatant injustice, perhaps a handball or a devious dive and a penalty, and that should fire up enough anger to make football a part of your hearts forever. Grudges against entire countries will be cherished, and victories over your hated foes will taste sweeter than wine.

already happened in 2002 actually

frings.jpg

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    Seriously, though. If the US doesn't embrace football after watching that incredible match it never will.

This is the best World Cup I've ever seen.

Indeed, the first one I actively remember was '86. This one right now? Most fun.

• Options
    quovadis13 wrote: »

It's in Canada!

Sponsors must be excited for the "warming breaks".

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    No soccer tomorrow, right? :(

XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Many sad

Such exhausted

Sigh

• Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    Seriously, though. If the US doesn't embrace football after watching that incredible match it never will.

Don't worry. The USA won't, and we'll still laugh at tea time. :bz (yes, i'm being a bit of a bastard)

• Options
    tinwhiskerstinwhiskers Registered User regular
    edited July 2014

We will forget about it in a few months once we get to watch someone get a concussion every Sat, Sun, Mon, and Thrusday. aka when football season starts.

tinwhiskers on
    6ylyzxlir2dz.png
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Americans please transfer support to Costa Rica and Columbia

• Options
    JihadJesusJihadJesus Registered User regular

Somebody missed the NFC title game. Or maybe that was just for Seahawks fans.

• Options
    nusunusu Registered User regular
    Pi-r8 wrote: »
    Preeeety mad at wondolowski right now.

Hitting those last minute poached goals at close range? Thats his thing. Thats all he ever does, and its the whole reason he was picked for the team.

So why couldnt he do it here.

The AR had the flag up, it would have been called back offside (even though Wondo was onside).

• Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »
    Many sad

Such exhausted

Sigh

Chin up, time to be proud!

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod

The ten minutes of hope.

Classic Bogart‌

Who do Americans really dislike? I can't really tell, and I think they mostly just want to win. Where I want African teams to burn Europe down.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    the next two evenings look awfully pointless right now

• Options
    nusu wrote: »

Hitting those last minute poached goals at close range? Thats his thing. Thats all he ever does, and its the whole reason he was picked for the team.

The AR had the flag up, it would have been called back offside (even though Wondo was onside).

I thought the announcers said that it was onside and the flag had to do with something else.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular

Not until 4th of July in the states. But then we get two great games with France Germany to kick it off and then Brazil Columbia to close it out.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular

The ten minutes of hope.

Classic Bogart‌

Who do Americans really dislike? I can't really tell, and I think they mostly just want to win. Where I want African teams to burn Europe down.

Based on the previous thread, they mostly hate Italy. They will even support Uruguay over Italy.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    My support is transferring to Costa Rica. :) Wish I could have watched the game. Knowing the result I might just watch the highlights.

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular

Next up are the quarter finals starting Friday

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    So It Goes wrote: »
    Americans please transfer support to Costa Rica and Columbia

BRASIL

Though ticos are good too. Support them

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    Colombia does the best dances of the 8, therefore Colombia.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options

The ten minutes of hope.

Classic Bogart‌

Maybe if LeBron could hold a press conference to declare he'll play soccer for France or something. Or advertise that Kobe is an Italy fan.

It could work.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    damn it i like the netherlands already but i also like the scrappy underdogs of costa rica

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options

Same! Though to be fair I don't watch American football and find it p boring...

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    My support is transferring to Costa Rica. :) Wish I could have watched the game. Knowing the result I might just watch the highlights.

Watch the last 40 min

And highlights for all the Howard saves before that

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    evilbob wrote: »

The ten minutes of hope.

Classic Bogart‌

Based on the previous thread, they mostly hate Italy. They will even support Uruguay over Italy.

Oh man, I totally forgot about the Elbow Bowl.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Pi-r8Pi-r8 Registered User regular
    nusu wrote: »

No way of knowing what the ref would have done. He still should have gotten it on frame though. And he waa useless for anything else, too.

• Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    No one who follows the USMNT closely would ever really want Costa Rica or Mexico to win the World Cup

I pulled for them to get out of the groups and I'd rather see the Ticos than Greece but there's no way I can forget shit like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YfA0Zn3vK4

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    oldmankenoldmanken Registered User regular
    Unfortunate to go out, but my god, what an effort. A couple of parting thoughts:

1. Yedlin and Green four years from now... tasty!
    2. Klinsmann, go dig up a striker somewhere, please! Thank you!
    3. For realz, Klinsmann was spot on with his tactics and sub's in this WC. I loved Bob Bradley, and was leery of the Klinsmann appointment, but I'm on board now, fuck the haters! (I'm looking at you Lalas and Donovan)

• Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    Elbow Bowl.

What did Luis Suarez have for breakfast this morning?

Now I'll take potent potables for 1000, Alex.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    Italians are definitely a true enemy of America. And good government, but who isn't these days?

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    You know.

Europe should be terrified if America ever does become interested in Soccer.

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    Italians are definitely a true enemy of America. And good government, but who isn't these days?

We don't like Italy because of the Amanda Knox incident.

• Options
    Balefuego wrote: »
    No one who follows the USMNT closely would ever really want Costa Rica or Mexico to win the World Cup

I pulled for them to get out of the groups and I'd rather see the Ticos than Greece but there's no way I can forget shit like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YfA0Zn3vK4

8/10 Cristianos.

smCQ5WE.jpg
This discussion has been closed.