As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Game Grumps: Now with MORE WOLFJOB

• Options
    Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    "I'm just going to throw my face into his ass until he dies." Greatest line from the DecapAttack ep.

Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Absalon wrote: »
    Jesus wept.

Wow, fuck this game.

• Options
    Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    Although, I think Arin is the best person to play the game and beat it (maybe).

Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    This is one game in which it's not Arin's fault.
    That game is freaking evil.

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    Absalon wrote: »
    Jesus wept.

Wow, fuck this game.

Why? What's wrong with...

Oh...

OH GOD WHY?

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    From NSP's next video:

J7o3Yik.jpg

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9egYpa6zfIQ

Tibuland. Really.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GXrA108svE

The minotaur has such a default monster voice.

Absalon on
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pGuG5u-LyM

I don't know why, but when it happens in small doses I think it's hilarious when Arin goes into Focus mode.

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Taramoor wrote: »
    I don't know why, but when it happens in small doses I think it's hilarious when Arin goes into Focus mode.

What a terrible ending, haha. I feel bad that Arin suffered through all of that for absolutely no payoff.

• Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Yeah, that ending was pretty stupid.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    FirebirdFirebird Harbinger....of.....~something. Registered User regular
    The 3D was pretty neat, if utterly worthless in context to what Arin went through.

Also, was this posted yet? Because crap! XD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDiftz0ho3g

steam_sig.png

STEAM ID: Firebird
    XBOX Live: FirebirdLR
    Playstation: FirebirdXR
  • Options
    RaslinRaslin Registered User regular
    Well, I know what I'm doing for the rest of my day

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/WebVideo/GAMEGRUMPS

I cant url good so add me on steam anyways steamcommunity.com/id/Raslin

3ds friend code: 2981-6032-4118
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQ0wBSIUwqw

I feel it important that every episode of the Sierra games they play get posted.

• Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQqu6HJrJFA

A game so beautiful it has to be limited to 8 minute videos.

• Options
  • Options
    UltimanecatUltimanecat Registered User regular
    Another classic Genesis/MD game, another video of the grumps writing it off.

In some ways, Game Grumps is like those "Teenagers React To X!" videos.

SteamID : same as my PA forum name
  • Options
    ShimshaiShimshai Flush with Success! Isle of EmeraldRegistered User regular
    I've never seen it before and honestly, it doesn't look all that amazing to me.

Steam/Origin: Shimshai

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BloodySlothBloodySloth Registered User regular
    Yeah I dunno, maybe they're playing it so poorly that I can't tell, but Toejam and Earl looks pretty bad.

• Options
    It reminds me a lot of E.T. for the 2600 in terms of gameplay and plot.

• Options
    Yeah I dunno, maybe they're playing it so poorly that I can't tell, but Toejam and Earl looks pretty bad.

They are playing badly.

Each present is an item or type of item randomly associated with that type of box. The items have various effects that help you navigate the game, which is also randomly generated. They never opened any presents, nor noticed that the levels are stacked directly on top of one another.

By modern standards, it's a simplified two-player roguelike. If that description gets any part of you interested, then you'd understand how it was pretty mind-blowing in the early 90s.

It typically scored 8s and 9s in reviews back near its release.

• Options
    I at least understood the stacking levels bit from the video, and the present thing seems neat I guess, but it does seem like the core gameplay is comprised of slowly navigating a featureless wasteland, avoiding equally slow bad guys, and looking for random items.

Like, I'm sure it was pretty neat conceptually back in the day, but it doesn't exactly look like something which stands the test of time (and I'm not just talking about the aesthetic, which I actually find kind of charming).

• Options
    ...but it does seem like the core gameplay is comprised of slowly navigating a featureless wasteland, avoiding equally slow bad guys, and looking for random items.

Ha, welcome to roguelikes!

• Options
    edited July 2014
    ...but it does seem like the core gameplay is comprised of slowly navigating a featureless wasteland, avoiding equally slow bad guys, and looking for random items.

Ha, welcome to roguelikes!

I guess "slow" is the operative word there. And "featureless". I imagine I can't change religions or become blind or experience any of the other crazy complexities that are common in that genre with this game. Maybe that's where the presents come in, I guess.

BloodySloth on
  • Options
    RaslinRaslin Registered User regular
    Toe jam and earl is roguelike-ish? Well shit, I need to play it(somehow I never have).

Also, if they're playing Genesis games more regularly, I will be disappointed every day they don't play Gunstar heroes.

I cant url good so add me on steam anyways steamcommunity.com/id/Raslin

3ds friend code: 2981-6032-4118
  • Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    Toejam and Earl is an instruction manual game. It's not intuitive and doesn't have an in game tutorial. It is the worst game for Arin.

Once you get the idea of what the game is it's much more enjoyable. As a kid I rented it and couldn't figure it out, thought 2 was way better.

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    Toe Jam and Earl is a classic in couch co-op in a generation where couch co-op mostly meant bad fighting games, bad racing games or the legendary mario titles. Of course, there were beat 'em ups, too. Multiplayer wasn't as diverse back in those days.

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Toe Jam and Earl is a classic in couch co-op in a generation where couch co-op mostly meant bad fighting games, bad racing games or the legendary mario titles. Of course, there were beat 'em ups, too. Multiplayer wasn't as diverse back in those days.

Oh dude... They need to play Battletech (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MechWarrior_3050). THAT'S a freakin' co-op game of champions.

Of course, they'd probably panic, get set on fire, explode, and stop playing. But seriously, somebody send them this game.

• Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    They need to play Futurecop: LAPD for PS1.

• Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    edited July 2014
  • Options
    Mr RayMr Ray Sarcasm sphereRegistered User regular
    I really want Danny to go back to Punch Out some time soon, that series was a lot of fun, and I never actually beat everyone in title defense myself.

• Options
    edited July 2014
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymfcezM2YLU

Even the fish are beautiful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqBL8MnNU5Y

I love the depth effect in the bookstore created by the books right in the foreground.

7:41 Yaaaay!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ECTKl5F9L0&feature=youtu.be&a

I knew it.

Absalon on
  • Options
    Yesssssssssss, Shovel Knight playthrough.

• Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Didn't they play Shovel Knight before?

• Options
    Didn't they play Shovel Knight before?

That was a one-off of a demo (with Jon, at that). This is the full version.

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    For all the shit they gave Decap Attack, they totally gave it a fair shake and even admitted to having fun eventually. Honestly, that's all I'd ask for. Having played the game myself, I didn't give it more than a cursory try myself. And it seems clear that ToeJam & Earl they quit because Dan was bored. Again, fair enough. Hopefully they'll continue giving the occasional Genesis game a shot, there's plenty there.

• Options
    edited July 2014

The first thing I thought of when they brought up dragon farts was that Samurai Jack episode. You know the one.

Edit: Also, they should totally be playing this on butt mode.

Zython on
  • Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    Zython wrote: »

Edit: Also, they should totally be playing this on butt mode.

Stop the channel, hold the steam train. We have to go back and do this right.

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Just walked in the door from SGC. Told my friends I was hoping to run into Jon, and they said he was right behind me. I turn around and he's playing NFL Blitz with Smooth McGroove.

Only got to see them for a few minutes, I had arrived about 30 minutes before the Normal Boots panel, so he had to run off to get ready. Went and watched him and Jared there. A little kid walked up during the Q&A and said JonTron was way better than everyone else, and they all flipped out. Jon kept yelling, "Take it back, TAKE IT BACK!" Then the kid plugged his own channel with 45 subscribers. Pretty hilarious.

At one point someone at the mic to talk to them said he'd found a pile of Nintendo Powers in the room, and was using the mic time to ask if anyone had lost them. Everyone was half being polite that he was being considerate, and half sarcastic about it...and then Angry Joe popped up from backstage and said they were his that he'd left after his panel right before that.

There was also a trivia contest. Apparently PBG was a janitor, and came up with some of the ideas that led to his channel while working. I think he was also homecoming king. The final question was, "Who is literally the worst?" The answer was JonTron (he wrote that question).

I did get to talk to ProJared about RPGs for a bit after, that was fun. I also saw a Danielle Sexbang.

uyvfOQy.png
This discussion has been closed.