As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX Prime Pinny Predictions - 2014 set now revealed!

• Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    The Tearaway pin looks the same in the images, but who knows what could happen...

I remember them saying there were only 1000 of them at East, but does that mean they printed more for Prime, or are they just leftovers?

• Options
    AyefkayAyefkay Queensland, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    And why push tearaway? They shouldve went for a Joel pin tbh, or Sackboy for LBP3

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    The Tearaway pin looks the same in the images, but who knows what could happen...

I remember them saying there were only 1000 of them at East, but does that mean they printed more for Prime, or are they just leftovers?

I will add it to the Questions list.

• Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    What is there to ask? They probably have leftovers.

And LBP3 is out in November. PAX Australia is before its release. I would look for possible LBP3 pins then.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    vidvid Hot Dog Wizard PDXRegistered User regular
    edited August 2014
    It's time for NUMBERS! (Staff Pins are being lumped in with the event they debuted at)

.:PAX East 2013:.
    East 2013 Set: 4
    Partner Pins: 1
    BOSS Pins: 2
    Total: 7 Pins

.:PAX AUS 2013:.
    AUS 2013 Set: 4
    Partner Pins: 1
    Total: 5 Pins

.:PAX Prime 2013:.
    Prime 2013 Set: 4
    Staff Set: 12
    Partner Pins: 19
    Total: 35 Pins

.:PAX East 2014:.
    East 2014 Set: 4
    10th Anniversary Pin (East): 1
    Partner Pins: 15
    BOSS Pins: 2
    Total: 22 Pins

.:PAX Prime 2014:.
    Prime 2014 Set: 4
    10th Anniversary Pin (Prime): 1
    Staff Set: 13
    Partner Pins: 24
    Total: 41

As of PAX Prime 2014, there will be 149 different Pinny Arcade pins in circulation! This doesn't include year variants or pins that are revealed but aren't yet released (Automata). Nearly one third of the total available pins will be dropping at PAX Prime 2014, and over two thirds of the total available pins will have been available exclusively at PAX events. Wow!

Edit: Whoops, forgot to add the BOSS pins for each year. Applied them to East 2013 and 2014.

vid on
    55ymlH2.png
  • Options
    darkinferodarkinfero BOP-IT Malden, MARegistered User regular
    PedroAsani wrote: »

I will add it to the Questions list.

They did say if it was limited they won't re print it. But with the other pins they're free game. I'm thinking that might be the case.

My Pin collection
    signature_zpsna6t17lm.png
    Pinny Pal since PAX Prime 2013
  • Options
    NowHiringHenchmenNowHiringHenchmen Registered User regular
    Super awesome that our Podcast Predictions actually turned out somewhat true (Sunset Overdrive, Spry Fox).

Gonna be creating a list like I did last year with all the pins and their corresponding booth numbers. Best to stay organized.

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    I will likely be buying my first core set this year, specifically to trade for staff pins.

• Options
    FitzchivalryFitzchivalry PAXAUS Cookie Brigade Coordinator Orrstrahleeeeah mate!Registered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    I will likely be buying my first core set this year, specifically to trade for staff pins.

But I'm sure they'd much prefer getting their 54226781621th Lookout pin instead!

• Options
    grgemonkeygrgemonkey Registered User regular
    @Duckie‌ Most kind :) The specs is centre the pin in a 205x205 transparent png, usually with decent padding around the sides unless the pin loses too much detail. No huge rush, Prime is still 22 days away :)

https://pinnypals.com - Be there or be your least favourite shaped pin. Pin trading and more.
    http://pinmash.info - Head-To-Head battle of pins! Choose the most desirable.
    http://pinnywise.com - iOS pin collection tracking app.
    ----
    My Delicious Pins For Trade
  • Options
    FitzchivalryFitzchivalry PAXAUS Cookie Brigade Coordinator Orrstrahleeeeah mate!Registered User regular
    grgemonkey wrote: »
    @Duckie‌ Most kind :) The specs is centre the pin in a 205x205 transparent png, usually with decent padding around the sides unless the pin loses too much detail. No huge rush, Prime is still 22 days away :)

Grge are you able to make a downloads area where we download the individual graphics en masse? Want to print some out for my display.

• Options
    Don't hate me for my ignorance......who in the what is pat rorhfuss.....?

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    QumadenQumaden World's Mightiest Mortal Registered User regular
    Patrick Rothfus, the author. His specific signifigance is that he was Viari the rogue in the Arc of the Mad Mage, Aquisitions Inc story.

• Options
    Aaaah i remember him in acq inc. never read his stuff so it didn't click... Maybe hes making a return this year?

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    FrostbyteFrostbyte Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Here's the Current rundown. Please let me know the names of things that have ??? placeholders, or are incorrect :)

PAX Prime 2014 Set ($30)
    • PAX14 Logo
    • Settle Thomas
    • 80's Gabe
    • 80's Tycho

Limited Editions ($15)
    • PAX Prime 10th Anniversary

Staff Pins 2.0 ($78 worth of Trades)
    • Skateboard (Erika)
    • Orange Cat (Levin)
    • Soccer (Brian)
    • Fencing Foil (Mike)
    • 1st Place (Kiko)
    • Corgi (Jamie)
    • Green Gummy Bear (Kenneth)
    • Dollas (Khoo)
    • Mountain (Dave)
    • Camera - (Dabe the new guy)
    • Football/12th man (Jeff)
    • Tattoo (Kristin)
    • Microphone (Josh)

Purchase pins ($80)
    • Cupcake (Behemoth) - $10
    • Honeyhug (Behemoth) - $10
    • Cthulhu Natural 47 (Kris Straub) - $15
    • Cats (Katie Rice) - $15
    • ??? (LRR) - $15
    • Panda Espresso (Scott Kurtz) - $15

Free pins!
    • Elite Tauren Chieften (Blizzard)
    • Iron Horde (Blizzard)
    • D&D Tiamat (WotC)
    • Corrupted Garuuk (WotC)
    • Age of Empires (Microsoft)
    • Sunset Overdrive (Microsoft)

Unknown
    • Order 1886 (Sony)
    • Iota (Sony)**
    • Next Level (Ubisoft)
    • Don’t Starve(Klei Ent.)
    • Transistor (Supergiant)
    • Triple Town Bear (Spry Fox)
    • Moonrise (Undead Labs)
    • Eolian Talent Pipes (Pat Rothfuss)
    • Jake (We Love Fine)
    • Fynn (We Love Fine)
    • BMO (We Love Fine)
    • I floop the pig! (We Love Fine)
    • Catbug (We Love Fine)

** Returning pin from PAX East

Frostbyte on
  • Options
    DiffusionDiffusion Pin Cushion OmahaRegistered User regular
    Frostbyte wrote: »
    Here's the Current rundown. Please let me know the names of things that have ??? placeholders, or are incorrect :)

List looks good except Sony's Order pin, think it needs to head to the unknown right now (They did sell Ellie) unless I missed something somewhere.

Everyone's favorite "Bag of Pinny", Proud member of The Pin Cushions, Prinny hat pinster.

My pins are right here!
    Feel free to send me a trade request!
  • Options
    Ayefkay wrote: »
    Aaaah i remember him in acq inc. never read his stuff so it didn't click... Maybe hes making a return this year?

I'm still waiting for them to finish the story arc with morgan webb they did at PAX East this year, but I would much rather see Patrick than her(nothing against her, I just prefer Patrick's character with the group).

• Options
    I feel welovefine pins will either be a set of 5 or put in a machine like bohemoth

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    I really wish I had split a hotel with someone. I'm going to need all the legal tender I can muster for this onslaught of pins.

• Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    Qumaden wrote: »
    I really wish I had split a hotel with someone. I'm going to need all the legal tender I can muster for this onslaught of pins.

I may be in search of a roommate if my friend bails.

• Options
    I love so many things about this set!

- Staff pins are awesome
    - 80's Gabe and Tycho are both sporting Nintendo Powergloves!
    - "Strategic Advantage" Fynn + Floop the Pig pins

My only real disappointment is with the Blizzard pins. The last two were so epic, I guess I just had higher expectations for them.

• Options
    Definitely love the 80's Gabe and Tycho pins, so badass! Staff set is also great, better than another set of faces imo. Favourite 3rd party is by far Transistor's Red. Katie Rice, Adventure time and Sunset overdrive get honorable mentions. All in all a really strong collection, couple i couldve done without or changed, like what exactly is that Ubisoft X from? And yeah, blizzard ones are ok, not as good as leeroy/hearthstone

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    Hipster Tohmas is awesome, as are G&T with their gloves. Makes me want to watch The Wizard all over again! Love the Tiamet pin.
    Thought that PRD would have had the SHIELD/Hydra logo, but I guess the tatt also works :P

As much as I love them, I think its a bit of overkill, they are pushing the full sets further and further out of the reach of the average consumer. Less is more imo.

• Options
    orthancstoneorthancstone TexasRegistered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Given that it is based on the Disney model, I think the idea of collecting a full set is considered "hardcore only."

orthancstone on
    PAX South 2018 - Jan 12-14!
    Pins!
  • Options
    Agreed, i think the more the better from a trading standpoint. People trading different pins with each other is a great way to get the community talking and working together to help each other out with their own collections. Its the 'hardcore' that go for full sets. Eventually, I believe there will be too many for any one person to rationally obtain. Until that day comes though....the squirrels call the shots, and if they tell us we NEED every pin...then im afraid we have no choice....

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    T3CHN0B4BBL3T3CHN0B4BBL3 Registered User regular
    I feel welovefine pins will either be a set of 5 or put in a machine like bohemoth

Please be a set, I can't afford to gamble away my money :s

• Options
    SerpicoBCSerpicoBC Registered User regular

Please be a set, I can't afford to gamble away my money :s

If the machines were anything like the Behemoth ones, there will be plenty of people there willing to trade in real time.

• Options
    odinson83odinson83 CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Also If you cant get what you need right then wait till the nightly trade meet up, we can trade then!

• Options
    PRD wrote: »
    My pin is the best pin.

That is all.

Your pin will be the first one I snag.... and it's not just because we all know exactly where you'll be all weekend, honest ... >.>

• Options
    darkinferodarkinfero BOP-IT Malden, MARegistered User regular
    Frostbyte wrote: »
    PRD wrote: »
    My pin is the best pin.

That is all.

Your pin will be the first one I snag.... and it's not just because we all know exactly where you'll be all weekend, honest ... >.>

She will be in the pinfobooth all weekend.

My Pin collection
    signature_zpsna6t17lm.png
    Pinny Pal since PAX Prime 2013
  • Options
    Isn't there now a time during PAX where all the staff line up in a room together so we can trade? Or do we need to still find them all?

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    Isn't there now a time during PAX where all the staff line up in a room together so we can trade? Or do we need to still find them all?

At East they did a pin trading event, where they did just that. It was amazing and super conveinient. It also seemed quite popular, so I don't see why they wouldn't. Unless they hated pins...and they don't...hate pins...do they?

• Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    Qumaden wrote: »

At East they did a pin trading event, where they did just that. It was amazing and super conveinient. It also seemed quite popular, so I don't see why they wouldn't. Unless they hated pins...and they don't...hate pins...do they?

Yea, it was extremely organized and not even jam packed like I thought it would be (I showed up a little later). I would be surprised if this didn't happen at all PAXs (until it the crowd gets way too big for it).

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    silrnsilrn Fairfax, VARegistered User regular
    I believe that they're actually going to push most of the staff trading to the event only for all upcoming and future PAX's, because some of the staff are soooo busy that they won't even be carrying their pins to discourage getting stopped while enroute to their next event.

I'd expect some staff to still be available to trade in normal circumstances, because they're in a more visible role.

• Options
    00Fayt0000Fayt00 Registered User regular
    silrn wrote: »
    I believe that they're actually going to push most of the staff trading to the event only for all upcoming and future PAX's, because some of the staff are soooo busy that they won't even be carrying their pins to discourage getting stopped while enroute to their next event.

While I can see where you are coming from, I will tell you that while busy, all the staff that I talked to said they loved trading pins…so busy or not I'm guessing the majority of them will be carrying pins around the normal show. You never know though I guess!

• Options
    cabbie98cabbie98 Registered User regular
    00Fayt00 wrote: »

While I can see where you are coming from, I will tell you that while busy, all the staff that I talked to said they loved trading pins…so busy or not I'm guessing the majority of them will be carrying pins around the normal show. You never know though I guess!

Agreed. The only time I was told to come back later was when Brian was setting up the merch booth before the first day. Which is completely understandable given the general craziness at the time.

WiiU: cabbie98
    3DS FC: 4382-1976-1645
    Pin Pals Digital Lanyard
  • Options
    00Fayt00 wrote: »

Yep. And they know to remove their lanyard if they really can't be distracted.

• Options
    NowHiringHenchmenNowHiringHenchmen Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    NowHiringHenchmen was warned for this.
    I don't know if this was mentioned anywhere, but Straub released a non-pinny arcade pin of "Cthulu Natural 47" at East 2012-2013. Unless I'm not noticing a huge difference, it's like the same pin. Might be a problem for people buying eBay pins! Make sure you make sure it's Pinny Official! Pictured below is my pin.

https://us.v-cdn.net/5018289/uploads/editor/wg/uky5k4glx2hv.jpeg

zerzhul on
  • Options
    VaanroseVaanrose Pin Cushion SeattleRegistered User regular
    There are differences, but they're very minor. An extra visible wing here, some spots on the head there. I'd wager there are probably fewer of the original pin in circulation, so it might not be that big of an issue, but it's still kind of disappointing.

Twitter: @vaanrose

My PINS

Verbosity is my charm point.
  • Options
    Regarding Kris straub, and by extension Scott kurtz, i still REALLY want a Blaminations pin from them...

8fuuo_RK.png