As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WARMACHINE & HORDES] 1+1=Cyriss is calculating... calculating... seven! And you're dead.

• Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I wouldn't have been surprised if they had included Reinholdt + a 2pt merc in the box, but I would have been surprised if they had excluded Junior.

• Options
    kaortikaorti Registered User regular
    Junior is sorry of faction defining. He/she's also a pretty big deal if you want to camp with Siege.

• Options
    3lwap03lwap0 Registered User regular
    kaorti wrote: »
    Junior is sorry of faction defining. He/she's also a pretty big deal if you want to camp with Siege.

Junior is an auto-include for me when I play Siege. Rienholdt is nice - but if i'm matching him with eCaine or Sloan, he'll typically go there rather than with Siege. I realize that's sub-optimal to have an in-demand merc with two casters who'd like him, but i'm not keen on letting a 1 point solo dictate what casters I bring.

• Options
    AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    Nobody wrote: »
    Huh, the Cygnar box is going to be:

Siege
    Squire
    Junior
    Stormguard box
    ATGM box
    ATGM officer
    Defender/Ironclad/Cyclone kit
    Avenger/Centurion/Hammersmith kit

That's...not bad.

I badly want to buy one of these boxes, like a primal need to collect, but not sure if I can justify Cygnar. I don't have an Avenger or Siege, I wouldn't mind having Stormguard to make a Silver Line out of, and another Defender kit would give me two sets of each arm. I really don't need a second set of ATGM or a squire...two juniors would be okay, I guess.
    Grissel Bloodsong, Fell Caller
    2xHeavy Warbeast kit
    Krielstone Bearer & Stone Scribe
    Trollkin Champions
    Trollkin Warders

I'll probably end up getting Trollbloods since I don't own Champs or Warders yet. I do have the old Mauler and Blitzer metal models but I don't have a Bomber and the Krielstone I have need stripped so maybe I'll just sell the old metal.

What a terribly uninteresting post you just read!

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    M2bh2jG.jpg

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    I can't wait to see some top tier painters get a hold of that because the PP paintjob is...bland. The stone and gators being that close in color was a very poor choice, especially since the stone pretty much looks like grey primer with a bar minimum dry brush and some OSL. I sound super critical and maybe I'm being a jerk but I expect better from the promo paint job.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Man, I need some Gatormen for my Skorne.

• Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    No, I totally agree. For $110, you'd think they'd have put more into this one. It's an underwhelming paint job that I felt seemed a bit phoned in.

• Options
    72079_BrennosTheElderhorn_WEB.jpg
    An ancient and wizened satyr grown grey and stooped by the weight of almost three centuries, Brennos the Elderhorn commands primordial magic, harnessing the eldritch natural forces of raw elemental power. For decades Brennos has been Morvahna’s most reliable sentinel. Though his youthful vigor is a fading memory, he continues to leave the bodies of those who oppose his mistress twisted and broken on the battlefield.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    All in One Army Box info from Bell of Lost Souls

Cryx
    – Warcaster Wraith Witch Deneghra (white metal)
    – Leviathan Helljack (plastic)
    – 2 Nightwretch Bonejacks (plastic)
    – Bane Riders Unit (5)(plastic)
    – Bane Thralls Unit (10)(plastic)
    – Bane Thrall Officer & Standard Unit Attachment (white metal)
    – Warwitch Siren Solo (white metal)

Circle
    - Warlock Kromac the Ravenous (white metal)
    – Warpwolf Stalker Heavy Warbeast (plastic)
    – Gnarlhorn Satyr Heavy Warbeast (plastic)
    – Gorax Light Warbeast (plastic)
    – Tharn Blood Pack Unit (6)(plastic)
    – Shifting Stones Unit (3)(white metal)
    – Stone Keeper Unit Attachment (white metal)
    – Lord of the Feast Solo (white metal)

I'm not sure if I need them but I'll be damned if I don't want them.

• Options
    So glad I'm immune from wanting the Army Boxes, since all the factions I want I already own.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    ...I am severely tempted by that Circle box, since aside from the Tharns that's pretty much a lot of the Circle stuff I want to paint and play with. Might be what finally gets me into Hordes!

• Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    I'm not a huge fan of the Circle box because of the warlock (I'd prefer Baldur or maybe Krueger) so at least it cuts down my choice to between the Legion and Skorne box if I wanted to use one of these to start Hordes.

• Options
    Huh, speaking of Circle, Wolves and Reeves are getting re-sculpted and combined into the same box.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    I've just now realized that (unless I'm wrong) the all-in-one army boxes actually can't be used as Journeyman startup.

Am I wrong?

That's kind of disappointing, for some reason

• Options
    Didn't they add those as valid starter groups for journeyman purposes, or did I just imagine that?

• Options
    Echo wrote: »
    Didn't they add those as valid starter groups for journeyman purposes, or did I just imagine that?

You imagined it. They did create another round of alternative battle boxes, but they aren't the starters.

• Options
    edited February 2015
    Keynote's getting ready to start in the next couple of minutes.
    twitch dot tv
    /privateerpress

EDIT: Holy shit, when did we start being able to embed Twitch streams?

EDIT 2: Hell, didn't realize it auto-played.
    Iron Kingdoms: Undercity. Adventure board game.
    New Colossals! Hurricane, new Cygnar colossal.
    Revelator: Menoth colossal, can see through stealth and remove stealth from stuff
    Victor, Khador colossal. Walking siege engine, siege order that has long range but inaccurate. Can create rough terrain, set things on fire hit, or reduce DEF hit.
    Cryx, didn't catch the name, mention it's a walking undead factory.
    Helios, ret Colossal. No ranged weapon that causes damage. Has a tractor beam.
    Prime Conflux, Convergence Colossal. Some sort of servitor combos it spits out, stream's acting funny.

Hordes: Wait until SmogCon in two weeks.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    The grand summary of that keynote:
    *yawn*

The kicker was getting league points for playing High Command and the RPG. Seriously? Fuck they're terrible at keeping their games out of each other ...

• Options
    NealnealNealneal Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    They did add the Two-Player Starter armies (Circle and Menoth since they were different) to the Journeyman list after the fact though, so it may be that they will with the One Box Army stuff too.

Nealneal on
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Hell, I don't even *play* a WM faction that was listed, but I thought all the new colossals shown off sound cool.
    And I need to re-watch it, but was that a hint at eDarius at the start of the WM section?

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    The grand summary of that keynote:
    *yawn*

The kicker was getting league points for playing High Command and the RPG. Seriously? Fuck they're terrible at keeping their games out of each other ...

Sometimes it feels like WM/H is PP's least favorite game.

admanb on
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Well, they sure put a lot of motion graphics into that book announcement. Maybe more than the entire colossals section? :P

ArcticLancer on
  • Options
    Well, with these kind of reactions, why would they put any more effort into it? People would just bitch about anything.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    If I'm being brutally honest, I don't think they know what their player base wants. They always seem very happy with whatever they make, regardless of reception. I still remember the room of dead silence when they announced Cephilyx last year.
    You know what WOULD get people excited? MK3.

• Options
    edited February 2015
    A new Hordes faction would do it, but that's a pretty big commitment.

New Colossals that are minor chassis variations on the existing Colossals definitely does not do it.

admanb on
  • Options
    OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    We don't need a Mk3. We really don't. Not yet, anyway. We're barely six years into it and Mk1 lasted a good eight.

makosig.jpg
  • Options
    I'm semi-curious about the Hurricane, especially since it looks like it can push other models around.

In reality though I expect it to be treated like the Avenger (it'd be good but won't see much play since the Sormwall is better).

• Options
    From a consumer perspective I don't see any reason why the new Colossals can't be sold as upgrade kits (according to QA at TempleCon they are not a multi-part kit either). This wouldn't bother me if the molds were radically different but it just looks like the same legs/body/arms with different heads and guns. The only Colossal I own is the Kraken and the new version damn sure could have been an upgrade kit. I have a feeling we'll be seeing a 3rd varient come out as part of a new multi-part kit a few books from now.

Upgrade kit would have had me excited, magnetizing a $140 model is much more enticing than having full size variants taking up space and costing me more cash.

On the plus size maybe the Mountain King variant will be worth buying. Considering the recent Troll focus on ranged weapons I envision the whelps being replaced with Pyg's aiming rifles while using the rocks as cover. Mobile trench warfare.

• Options
    If I'm being brutally honest, I don't think they know what their player base wants. They always seem very happy with whatever they make, regardless of reception. I still remember the room of dead silence when they announced Cephilyx last year.

"Faction" players being whiny because there's a major release that doesn't involve them?

This is my surprised face. I am very surprised.

That was a awesome release, and I would totally pick them up if I played more often. I think a Ceph Army Box would be the one thing that'd actually make me get one.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    PMAvers wrote: »

"Faction" players being whiny because there's a major release that doesn't involve them?

This is my surprised face. I am very surprised.

That was a awesome release, and I would totally pick them up if I played more often. I think a Ceph Army Box would be the one thing that'd actually make me get one.

What? Okie-doke then ...
    It's a yawn when their big release is to try pushing once again what they tried several years before with Morrowans and Constance. It's not interesting, and if you like them, great, but by and large it's not a big deal for the game. Why should most players be excited about that?

Bleh, whatever.

• Options
    Nobody wrote: »
    I'm semi-curious about the Hurricane, especially since it looks like it can push other models around.

In reality though I expect it to be treated like the Avenger (it'd be good but won't see much play since the Sormwall is better).

Okay just found out the Hurricane has an Arcnode...it's going to see play after all.

• Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »
    Keynote's getting ready to start in the next couple of minutes.
    twitch dot tv
    /privateerpress

EDIT: Holy shit, when did we start being able to embed Twitch streams?

EDIT 2: Hell, didn't realize it auto-played.
    Iron Kingdoms: Undercity. Adventure board game.
    New Colossals! Hurricane, new Cygnar colossal.
    Revelator: Menoth colossal, can see through stealth and remove stealth from stuff
    Victor, Khador colossal. Walking siege engine, siege order that has long range but inaccurate. Can create rough terrain, set things on fire hit, or reduce DEF hit.
    Cryx, didn't catch the name, mention it's a walking undead factory.
    Helios, ret Colossal. No ranged weapon that causes damage. Has a tractor beam.
    Prime Conflux, Convergence Colossal. Some sort of servitor combos it spits out, stream's acting funny.

Hordes: Wait until SmogCon in two weeks.

Just what Khador needs, another high cost warjack/colossal built around terrible shooting.

• Options
    Yeah, if there's one thing I'd like to see in a hypothetical Mk3 it's a rebalance of Khador's shootiness, because always missing is no fun at all.

• Options
    kaortikaorti Registered User regular
    I'm really hyped about the Hurricane. It looks like it'll bring some really interesting new abilities to the table. I wonder what its melee weapons will be like. They look different.

I also really like the way Cygnar storm tech is going. It keeps getting more super fun interactions.

Nemo3 is going to love some POW 16 boostable lightning guns with possible anti-shooting tech and an arc node. I just hope that the node has something to ease the decision of whether to run and arc, shoot, or engage in melee.

• Options
    Heh. Dem Templecon IG results. :hydra:

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    I have a box full of untouched Trollbloods, over 50 points, that I really want to start painting. My current idea is to paint Whelps yellow, Pygmys orange, Trollkin fire orange, Fullblood red, Dire dark red. Good idea? Bad idea? Meh?

• Options
    DragonPupDragonPup Registered User regular
    New Errata! http://privateerpress.com/files/WM MKII Rules Errata Feb 2015.pdf

TL;dr Shifting stones can only teleport a model once a turn. Rest is cleanup and clarification.

"I was there, I was there, the day Horus slew the Emperor." -Cpt Garviel Loken

Currently painting: Slowly [flickr]
  • Options
    warder808warder808 Registered User regular
    Ooh. Bradigus Tier Nerf?!

steam_sig.png