As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WARMACHINE & HORDES] 1+1=Cyriss is calculating... calculating... seven! And you're dead.

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    I might've missed it, but there's a actual assembly guide for the new warjacks up. It's kind of nice to see the jacks and their weapon options laid out like that.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    Have we seen any pictures of unpainted models yet (that aren't renders)?

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    I've seen a couple rough photos, a friend of mine got the Orgoth box, and it had some issues, but he sent them a message and got a replacement box in under a week iirc. The print lines are fairly tight, detail seems good. He was worried about the cure time, but it seems like they hit the sweet spot on that.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    I'm curious about fragility. In a lot of cases, printed resin has much lower durability than poured or injected resin, just due to chemistry.

Printed stuff also doesn't cut super well, so I'm curious what the conversion world will look like now...

• Options
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    And a article talking about the upcoming run of Mercenary solo's.
    Would it really be a new edition without a new Eiryss figure?

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    It's been a bit, but I finally got my preview Storm Legion box from GenCon. And I'm actually impressed so far? Mostly have focused on the Stryker, but everything so far has been pretty clean. I don't think there's anything there I would actually have to clean up.

Also some news about the launch.
    https://home.privateerpress.com/2022/10/04/mkiv-progress-report/

The new starters are being pushed back a bit, due to getting hit by *way* higher demand than they were expecting... and a big order on older models. They plan on having the beta version of the app up by the end of the month. The extra time let them do some extra poses for the Storm Legion and Sea Raider infantry units so they're all unique now.

They *did* announce that they were able to bring on a UK printer to handle production in that region, and due to it taking the load off their main facility, they plan on getting the House Dusk stuff out sooner than expected.

There's also plans for a Longest Wait event in the style of the old Longest Night, with prize support of the new Alexia miniature, to get people out and trying the new rules.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    Oh god I havn't kept up with all the news.

There's a whole bunch of timeline stuff in the post from the other day.

One of the big things is that the beta version of the app should be going up on Friday, although Match Play features won't be live until the week *after* WMWeekend because they want to do some more testing on it.

Sounds like they may have some House Dusk preview battlegroups at WMWeekend too. There's a bunch of other stuff in that article talking about production progress, so it's probably worth reading.

Winter Korps:
    They're getting new Man-o-Wars in a updated style befitting the time jump: The Suppressors. I actually missed that they're on large bases, too.
    New warcaster: Kommander Valerii Savaryn

Storm Legion:
    Stormguard Legionaires and Standard Bearer
    A bunch of stuff in this one: Character solo for Lieutenant Sara Brisbane (yes that Brisbane), Legion Sharpshooter solo, and Storm Lance Legionnaires.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    The Beta version of the App's up on mobile.

Seems to run pretty solid so far, and putting together a army was painless.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    How are the new rules?

• Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    I’m considering on downsizing by selling off my units (and maybe the jacks)

• Options
    House Dusk previews are starting.

They're also getting a preview battlegroup, which will be available at WMWeekend and a limited number will be online starting later today.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    Waiting on this until they revamp my Menoth and I see what new stuff/lore comes out for them. I know the existing lore basically has them split into two factions (not counting the ones who fled through the portal), one of which I think left Western Immoren completely. But sad not to see them in this new lineup yet.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    dang these new 3D printed figures seem really high quality looking at the shipped final product versions, far better than I expected from 3D printing.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Yeah, I've been impressed putting together my little battle group. I honestly couldn't tell the difference between these and the older plastic/metal ones once you've slapped a coat of primer on them.

Also some more Winter Korps previews: Shock Trooper Gunners and Pikemen.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    And again some more Winter Korps previews: The Battle Mechaniks and the AC-2 Bison

The latter looks to be a super-heavy 80mm “cavalry” solo. The quotes are there because… well, just look at it and then come back.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    WhelkWhelk Registered User regular
    We have tracked vehicles in our military classified as cavalry.

• Options
    edited November 2022
    I am quite into the mk4 khador models, it's tempting me to pick up this miniature painting hobby that also comes with a free game

y'all seen this? I'm not sure where it's from

image.png

e: ah yes you have, scrolled up a bit

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    CaedwyrCaedwyr Registered User regular
    Recently a neighour decided to toss out some books in a box for free and I grabbed the lot figuring I could find them good homes. I am happy to send them to people for the cost of shipping, or if you are in the Lower Mainland area and can swing by Vancouver at some point, I'm happy to hand them off in person to save on shipping. I'm based in Canada for anyone trying to figure out if it is worthwhile.

All books are lightly to moderately used. No dog-earring or musty smells.

Book list as follows, links are so you know which edition/version of the item it is. Not my sales.:

Warhammer 40k

Warmachine
    Malifaux 2E
    Kings of War
    Flames of War

If you are interested in any of these, please shoot me a PM and we can figure something out.

• Options
    https://youtu.be/wnD2RAdP63Y

That thing at the end...
    So... pirate trollbloods?

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    edited December 2022
    Were those promo boxes with the warcaster and two jacks supposed to have been sent out awhile back?

Lord_Asmodeus on
    Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    The preview boxes for cygnar, the orgoth, and khador are all shipped out by this point. I think the preview box for house kallyss went up a couple weeks ago, and is now sold out? I don't even see an entry for it on their store, unlike the other 3.
    They're supposed to be available again as an add-on box in the future.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    I know they said back at the start of the month that the International orders for the Kallyss box were starting to get shipped out first since they have the longest to travel, and then they were going to get to the domestic orders.

I expect we probably won’t see a restock on the first three, since production is mostly focused on getting the new Army Starters ready to go out the door. Especially since the jacks in them are the same ones as what’s in the starter. And yeah, the warcaster that’s in them will be able to be picked up by itself later.

I know I got my Storm legion preview box back at the start of… November, I’d like to say? Been chipping away at it slowly when I have energy.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    I am unclear on how they're planing to sell minis, will they sell individual units on their own, or aside from mercs and the one preview box warcaster will the rest will only be available from the large army boxes and their expansion box?

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    I am unclear on how they're planing to sell minis, will they sell individual units on their own, or aside from mercs and the one preview box warcaster will the rest will only be available from the large army boxes and their expansion box?

I assume they will eventually add “unit boxes” or w/e eventually, but this cuts down on the complexity for shipping/fulfillment, and also provides a good base for army building in the future.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    From what they've been saying it sounds like in mark 4 instead of having large faction buckets of models to build a list from, they will have smaller themed armies within each faction that have their own models and mostly won't share them with the other armies in the faction. I'm unclear on how broad that mostly will be though, like will it be literally nothing but mercs go between lists, or will warjacks be mostly sub-theme agnostic, or like a man-o-war themed khador army can use the man-o-wars from the winter korps list, etc.?

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    warmahordes information from the latest privateer press podcast: the storm legion and sea raiders army boxes should be trickling into game stores now, they had delays because of working out the kinks of their new workflow working with outside printing businesses, and dealing with shipping whole army boxes instead of smaller units, and the winter storms. Winter korps should be February, House Dusk by the end of April?

And then the first warlock army, who are troll pirates, the brineblood marauders, will be the next release after house dusk. They don't have any models to show for them yet though.

e: Hearing 1/13 for storm legion and sea raiders, 2/13 for winter korps

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    SvenskaSvenska Registered User regular
    Little grumps the Khador box is shipping a month behind, but whatever. Think online retailers will run into any issues fulfilling pre-orders?

Since your name means "swedish" in swedish, I just assumed you were, ya know, swedish.

eNozN1RVNTYwUDVRNVUzUjOsMVQzRCON1UyApAmYbQZRYwaRBlOqZSYA7ZUOyQ==
  • Options
    Khador was always planned to release after the first two. No idea about online stores, I assume they're equal priority with local brick and mortar but that's just a guess from my butt.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    7EOW8ZD.jpg
    contents of the dusk house kallyss starter box from somewhere, supposedly april for kallyss

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    and an updated roadmap graphic, I assume my friend is sending me these from an official discord or something. e: oh nvm it's from here https://home.privateerpress.com/2023/01/11/warmachine-mkiv-annual-update-2023/
    2023-MK4-Roadmap.jpg

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    ah ok this clears up a thing I was confused about further up the thread:

9D082759-14FC-4608-B9D4-390601DEB4AD.jpg

That is I presume a store picture for a box of just the winter korps infantry team on its own, so they will be selling individual units, not just the big army boxes. Alright then.

Also, Privateer Press released their own statement about the OGL 1.1 nonsense, since Warmachine got its start as a D&D 3E supplement under the OGL and the Iron Kingdoms RPG system might still be an OGL product?:

https://home.privateerpress.com/2023/01/13/the-future-of-the-ikrpg/

TL;DR they'll bolt from the OGL and produce their stuff without it if hasbro tries to change that shit.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    LanlaornLanlaorn Registered User regular
    So guys, old models in Mark IV question, looking at the roadmap and list of "prime legacy" armies I don't see the theme I built a force around, Cygnar's Sons of the Tempest, at all and don't see Warcasters mentioned anywhere, so pretty sure my girl Haley is cut in all three incarnations...

Am I missing something? I only had this one force I played with a few years ago but literally none of the models are getting new rules? I don't care what's tournament legal, but if Warmachine gets revived at my local club then the choices for Cygnar are buy the new Storm Legion or hope you played Storm Knights of Trenchers, everyone else fuck off?

• Options
    Not sure what their plan is for the entire old range, whether they're gonna add rules for every old model or just a smattering.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    Yeah kinda hoping those late 23 releases might have some Protectorate in them or something.

• Options
    edited January 2023
    I’m going to just assume the next three new armies that get announced will be warlock-led, just to keep symmetry.

I’m not even going to *try* to guess what factions, new or old, they’d represent. I could see a argument for a Menoth army that’s warlock-led, actually. With how much they absolutely hate arcane magic, I could see some of the folk that moved away returning with trained beasts at their command to fight the Orgoth. Like, imagine a unit of knights being flanked by some giant lions in menite-style armor…. That could be rad. It might end up being a new faction like Dusk, though.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    The next two after house dusk are confirmed to be warlock factions, first is a new trollblood pirate faction and then ???

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    https://home.privateerpress.com/2023/01/20/warmachine-mkiv-preview-defenses/

Huh, interesting, a new terrain type.

EDIT: Also the new Primecast+ talks about character 'jacks for the new armies. They mention they're coming alongside a narrative league in May, with upgrade kits giving them a new specific head/weapon loadout.

https://youtu.be/UpSC0nZZBfk

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    Maybe we'll see a Zu based Warlock faction, I've been interested in something like that since before the Grymkin were released (and I'm not a huge fan of the Grymkin personally)

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    novaspikenovaspike Registered User regular
    And Zu are where most of the good former Menites are anyway IIRC.