Options

Mario Kart 8: Animal Crossing DLC April 23rd, with 200cc coming for free!

• Options
    ConnConn Registered User regular
    Hooooly shit, close call on Mt. Wario. That would've been some irony if that'd been my first loss, considering the track.

XBL, PSN, and NNID: "ConnConnor" for all three.
  • Options
    RehabRehab Registered User regular
    Kibroman wrote: »
    1st place is pretty much untouchable besides blue shells and lightning, 2nd place is always getting blasted with stuff.

Lets give credit where credit is due though, the guy up front there has some skill.

Almost had you on your home turf too!

NNID: Rehab0
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Okay, that last minute bomb on Sunshine Airport really fucked me up.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Aww there goes the streak, race 11 on Sunshine Airport.

• Options
    KibromanKibroman Registered User regular
    I should probably go back to using inside drift next week.

WiiU: Kibroman
  • Options
    Oh I forgot to ask whose Bomb that was on Mt. Wario that got in front of me? I managed to avoid it, but I was amazed that it got there.

• Options
    Conn wrote: »
    Aww there goes the streak, race 11 on Sunshine Airport.

I'm suuuure you will have an outpouring amount of sympathy for that.

• Options
    Ok, these bombs people are leaving at the end of races is really starting to piss me off.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Tried my make my pahrana plant go away before the last item box, didn't make it.

• Options
    I like how I got Mario Karted from 1st to 10th at one point on that Sunshine Airport race, as if everyone was collectively going "Fuuuuuck yooooouuuu."

I laughed.

• Options
    Whoops! Had to plug in my GamePad.

Sorta got abruptly disconnected there.

• Options
    Downed by a backwards thrown green shell at the end of Yoshi's Valley... Damn.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Rehab wrote: »
    Whoops! Had to plug in my GamePad.

Sorta got abruptly disconnected there.

So that's where you went.

• Options
    It feels like getting caught with your zipper down while speaking publicly.

• Options
    For some reason my character will sometimes start drifting the wrong way for some reason.

• Options
    MblackwellMblackwell Registered User regular
    Worst week ever. I had 97 and Hilary had 58. Neither of us have had that many 12th place finishes since we first started. Ridiculous. "I would say shameful instead of ridiculous." -Hilary

Music: The Rejected Applications | Nintendo Network ID: Mblackwell

• Options
    Well, looks like I was able to make all my races and now I gotta go. Really great races though, no matter how frustrating!

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Kibroman wrote: »
    For some reason my character will sometimes start drifting the wrong way for some reason.

Which way you drift depends on where you're holding the analog stick when you hit the ground, not necessarily when you do the hop. Rarely, I'll try to adjust the width of my drift prematurely and wind up changing the direction I drift in midair. This may be the case for you, I don't know.

In any case, I'm gonna get a head start on highlight reels.

• Options
    MblackwellMblackwell Registered User regular
    My kart went flying off in a random direction in Donut Plains while ALSO drifting in the correct direction. Must be a combination of a weird physics bug and lag.

Music: The Rejected Applications | Nintendo Network ID: Mblackwell

• Options
    GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    Well that jaunt on Mario Circuit was going my way....

• Options
    Group Cathrine is just as good and competitive.

And were you the one that completely fucked me up with the bomb on that last race Didge? Whoever did it had exceptional aim.

• Options
    plufimplufim Dr Registered User regular
    Houn and I are in our own sub tourney.....

3DS 0302-0029-3193 NNID plufim steam plufim PSN plufim
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    Spectating the first race of the night: Ah, so Conn unloads his items backward when he gets hit by a blue shell.

Thirteenth race of the night, Moo Moo Meadows: Ha ha! Fuck you, Conn! Eat that Blue Shell!
    three seconds later
    Hit by a fucking backward-running green shell that could only have come out of the bluclear explosion.
    Arrrrrgh

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    Kupi wrote: »
    Spectating the first race of the night: Ah, so Conn unloads his items backward when he gets hit by a blue shell.

Thirteenth race of the night, Moo Moo Meadows: Ha ha! Fuck you, Conn! Eat that Blue Shell!
    three seconds later
    Hit by a fucking backward-running green shell that could only have come out of the bluclear explosion.
    Arrrrrgh

Well, otherwise, the items would get destroyed in the blast, and that would be a waste. :)

• Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Conn wrote: »
    Oh I forgot to ask whose Bomb that was on Mt. Wario that got in front of me? I managed to avoid it, but I was amazed that it got there.

That might have been mine, I'm not sure. I think it somehow bugged out - I threw it and kinda lost track of it, I didn't see it go off immediately. I think I threw it over the fence and out of bounds and it somehow reappeared much farther ahead.

Maz- on
    Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »
    Houn wrote: »
    I forgot. It's too late to join now, isn't it?

It's not too late, though we've undoubtedly got a split lobby going on.

After 5 almost everyone disappeared, leaving me to finish my races with 3-4 other latecomers. Which is what I meant; if you don't start at 4 with the group, you finish mostly alone.

Of course, there's no way I'd have gotten as high in the standings as I did if you'd all stuck around instead of leaving us to race CPUs, so, thanks I guess?

• Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    Yeah, the small lobby tends to get higher points totals cos the CPUs are generally less on the ball then actual folk.

Still, fun racing even with just a few of you, even there were unusually few blue shells, and I've never seen so many red shells bug past or under me without connecting before.

• Options
    I wonder how much of a strain all this uploading puts on YouTube every Sunday.

• Options
    GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    Of course my last race is a total embarrassment.

Thanks for the races, @cravipat‌!

• Options
    HAHA, whoa, 3rd place overall? Take that with a huuuuuuuge grain of salt, everyone.

I started using sports bikes recently, and they actually make Baby Rosalina somewhat viable... Won't have to abandon her after all.

• Options
    plufimplufim Dr Registered User regular
    I got to play because im home sick. Had my son on my lap as I played (15 months), and it was cute... until he kept touching the button to enable motion controls.

3DS 0302-0029-3193 NNID plufim steam plufim PSN plufim
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I got one more highlight reel to upload, then I'll screencap the results and post everything. AZ can show up later with all of his fancy stats and whatnot.

The upload process precludes being able to check the standings myself, so I won't be able to check the standings for myself for a bit.

• Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    Aw... I thought it started at 9pm.

Whoooops

PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    I started using sports bikes recently, and they actually make Baby Rosalina somewhat viable... Won't have to abandon her after all.

I still want something completely absurd like Black Metal Baby Dry Cat Bowser.

• Options
    Okay, the results are in!

IN FIRST PLACE: CATRINE

IN SECOND PLACE: CONN

IN THIRD PLACE: MILLY

Full results:
    zlCfzSa0z-EBHItKnI
    zlCfzSa01mYVUQgjBx

Highlight reels:

Conn survives a close finish on Mount Wario:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBdFemv_VQ8

Maz flies ahead on Sunshine Airport, and wins distantly, unthreatened by the choppy finish:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGNaqiqqvt8

Maz wins again on Yoshi Valley, as the mirrored view proves more disruptive among the split paths:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkQORYTEgbQ

Those of you from other lobbies are encouraged to post your own reels as well. See you all next sunday!

• Options
    edited September 2014
    Even more highlights:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hDyDsLXYkw

Everyone seemed a bit thrown off by Mirror Mode Toad Harbor. Conn auto corrects a bit quicker and Doug moves up in the ranks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyKFsu94X4A

Brian's Yoshi is pretty fuckin' stylish and it went unnoticed by me until this race. Also, from my point of view William finished in something like 7th place due to the Blue Shell but in reality it was only third. So yeah, that was weird. The way it actually went down is much more fair to someone who gets hit so close to the finish line!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gygLFxa0baA

And speaking of close, here is another perspective of the Mount Wario race.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UI9iKRVWTs

Yet another severely close race. I would have followed Maz on that one but if I did it failed to highlight the battle for 2nd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aOUgv1lEO4

Elsewhere, Catrine defeats the soulless and godless things that dare challenge her in nonsensical go kart races held in the sky.

Rehab on
  • Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    Rehab wrote: »
    Oh man, the finish on that one.

Sorry William! :P

You are forgiven, because I suffered so many 2nd-to-8th-or-worse indignities tonight that I cannot recall the specifics of that particular incident.

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    Big DookieBig Dookie Smells great! Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    Sorry I wasn't able to join you guys tonight, looks like you had some fun races.

Also, this just confirms the fact that, in case you didn't already realize it, Catrine is a serious force to be reckoned with!

Steam | Twitch
    Oculus: TheBigDookie | XBL: Dook | NNID: BigDookie
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Just got back in town, looks like I missed out on some great racing! Thankfully I won't miss next weekend. It's pretty late so I probably won't update the stats spreadsheet until tomorrow after work. I'll probably throw the poll up for next week's races at that time too.

<3 you guys for putting up highlight reels. Super fun to watch especially when I miss the races.

Thanks again @Conn for taking care of the results post!

AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    MiserableMirthMiserableMirth Registered User regular
    It looks like you guys have a lot of players. I've been having troubles finding a large group that consistently plays. I might join you guys next Sunday.

This discussion has been closed.