Options

Mario Kart 8: Animal Crossing DLC April 23rd, with 200cc coming for free!

• Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Black Yoshi rolling in that mercedes. Terrible at the actual racing part, but just looks so stylin' I don't care.

Taramoor on
  • Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    I shall see what entertaining replays I have from the small lobby if any.

As is generally the case racing with only a few people has skewed my score to an obscene level so take it with a grain of salt, I swear I am not actually some sort of Mario Kart playing robot, a MODOMK(8) if you will.

• Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Conn wrote: »
    Maz flies ahead on Sunshine Airport, and wins distantly, unthreatened by the choppy finish:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGNaqiqqvt8

I was trying to get that mushroom to achieve an extra cool finish but I guess it kinda had the opposite effect :P

Also, I tried to solve the mystery of the teleporting bob-omb on Mount Wario, but it didn't show up in the replay.

Maz- on
    Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    Tim is on the InternetTim is on the Internet On the Internet Edmonton, ABRegistered User regular
    Taramoor wrote: »
    Black Yoshi rolling in that mercedes. Terrible at the actual racing part, but just looks so stylin' I don't care.

Black Yoshi in a Mercedes doesn't give any sort of shit how he does in the race. Look at him; he's already won.

Discord: TimIsOnTheInternet#0056
    Steam: TimIsOnSteam
    Battle.net: TimIsOnBnet#1745
    Switch: SW-7012-4788-7410
    PSN: TimIsOnTheNet
  • Options
    cravipatcravipat CFKPW? Registered User regular
    Of course my last race is a total embarrassment.

Thanks for the races, @cravipat‌!

I was just glad there were some late starters still racing. I can usually only make the last 45 mins of the Sunday tournament so it's always a gamble if there is even anyone left. I guess I should just stick to the Wednesday tournament.

nw1m8qQ.pngwNA4DEe.png6W3X2nk.png
    Super Mario Maker ID: DBB-1RH-JJG
  • Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    Got the gold glider! Not blingy enough...

• Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Here are a few replays from the smaller lobby, which ranged from between 3-6 people at various points. For clarity there are two Rosalina's in some of these, Plufim is on the Sports Bike whereas I am on, uh, the comet, or whatever, the red one with the jet turbine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeaIq38nfV8
    First is everyone's favourite: Grumble Volcano, which is even more annoying in mirror mode considering all the platforms fall away on the wrong side of the track. This opens with Didge taking some serious Mario Karting but she comes back to claim 4th, so its not all bad. Meanwhile Nick. Ks red shell comes too late to stop me claiming pole position.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrtyLEjMsL0
    Next is a different Cloudtop Cruise, mostly cos it's my favourite, but this one features lightning being lightning, a sweet rebound shot rendered completely pointless by an uncannily timed red shell and an extremely fortunate last ditch slipstream boost sneaking me back into first.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3sVJ6gWUwo
    And finally the one I lost, Thwomp Ruins is a great track but I am not very good at it. I couldn't find it in the replay but during this race I somehow managed to drive right into a Thwomps face like a chump, and then got stuck there until it lifted up again.

Halos Nach Tariff on
  • Options
    DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    Rehab wrote: »
    Group Cathrine is just as good and competitive.

And were you the one that completely fucked me up with the bomb on that last race Didge? Whoever did it had exceptional aim.

I think it was me, ha ha sorry about that!

Man, I had a ROUGH night there. Hopefully better next week! And also fuckit, I'm gonna just race with Shyguy from now on. I love the little fucker, and I didn't do much better with Rosalina anyhow.

• Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    Penny-Arcade G&T Sunday Drivers Week 14 STATS UPDATE

pehdvd39nzj4.png
    ouzhnxtllohc.png
    8iufqlu9rr58.png

You can find some more granular information at this link.

Thanks to all who participated in the Week 14 races!

The poll for Week 15 race settings will be up shortly.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    TDawgTDawg Registered User regular
    I'm shocked I score as high as I do in the All Time Top 40 considering I haven't raced in well over a month...maybe two months. Things just keep coming up!

NNID: ohnoTom || 3DS: 1762-3198-2019 || Steam || Take My Good Pokemon
    Let's Plays of Japanese Games
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    Polls are now open for PA G&T SundayDrivers Week 15 tournament race settings. If you are planning to participate this Sunday, I highly encourage you to vote! I will be cutting off the votes at some arbitrary time on Friday or Saturday. Probably.

CLICK HERE TO VOTE

CLICK HERE TO SEE CURRENT RESULTS

We are doing things a little differently this week.

Check out current tournament standings and various stats here.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Me thinks this new poll is a bit skewed.

I'm not complaining though.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    skeldare wrote: »
    Me thinks this new poll is a bit skewed.

I'm not complaining though.

It will go back to normal next week. And will remain so until Week 20.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    Cathrine, that cloud top cruise where I came behind you in second was so good! Thanks for snagging that reel.

• Options
    Hah, yeah, you very, very nearly had me there were it not for that slipstream coming out of the thunder cloud.

• Options
    ConnConn Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    So I'm pretty sure 237 points means she won 15 races and got 2nd in the other.

Meaning the only way to break her one-week score is for someone to win all 16 races consecutively.

B) Challenge accepted.

Conn on
    XBL, PSN, and NNID: "ConnConnor" for all three.
  • Options
    RehabRehab Registered User regular
    Cathrine, that cloud top cruise where I came behind you in second was so good! Thanks for snagging that reel.

That was a fun one to watch.

I always like seeing how people use items differently, like the rapid-fire green shell shooting.

NNID: Rehab0
  • Options
    Mario Kart 8 has made me less terrible at Mario Kart 7. I gotta say though, 7 has some absolute bullshit AI. Characters with kart setups with lower top speed than mine blow past me when I'm at top speed. AI racers actually try to nab the item box you are driving towards. AI racers coordinate their item attacks. When the game decides you don't get to win, there's no amount of skill that's going to save you.

So glad 8 isn't horribly cheap like that.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    Probably part of why I never unlocked anyone besides Miis in that one.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    Conn wrote: »
    So I'm pretty sure 237 points means she won 15 races and got 2nd in the other.

Meaning the only way to break her one-week score is for someone to win all 16 races consecutively.

B) Challenge accepted.

That is correct, figured I'd best leave someone a chance to claim the overall highest score : p

That was a fun one to watch.

I always like seeing how people use items differently, like the rapid-fire green shell shooting.

Yeah, I often do this depending on where I am on the track; when the green shells hit a walls they generally bounce off towards the nearest racer, so on a curve like that three richocheting shells are pretty likely to ping someone in front. Although the shells slow down after you've thrown them so if you throw them all too fast two of them will hit each other and disappear.

Plus it does generally result in you inevitably smacking yourself upside the face with your own shell as you drive into your own deathtrap, but such is life in Mario Kart.

• Options
    MblackwellMblackwell Registered User regular
    The best item is three red shells since you can time your three firings to keep the people ahead of you from being able to widen their lead and it gives you a chance to actually catch up. Basically you only fire once a second (probably more like every 2 seconds) rather than rapidly.

Music: The Rejected Applications | Nintendo Network ID: Mblackwell

• Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    I think there are actually people online who intentionally slow down and stun lock people with piranha plants. It can't be lag, they are evil.

• Options
    MiserableMirthMiserableMirth Registered User regular
    I do the same thing with 3 green shells. My friends and I refer to it as the spider webbing.

I like mushrooms only. My only problem with it is that 1st place also receives a lot of mushrooms which reduces come-back chances.

• Options
    Big DookieBig Dookie Smells great! Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    edited September 2014
    REMINDER:

Mid-week tournament is happening tonight as usual from 9:00 - 11:00 PM Central. I'm currently in San Francisco without my dearest Mario Kart, but hopefully you guys will have fun karting it up in my absence.

Rules are Normal Items, 150cc, Normal CPU, etc. It'll probably stay this way for a couple more weeks until we get moved into our new house.

Have fun!

EDIT - Forgot to post the tourney code for newcomers:

1304-1276-5545

Big Dookie on
    Steam | Twitch
    Oculus: TheBigDookie | XBL: Dook | NNID: BigDookie
  • Options
    MiserableMirthMiserableMirth Registered User regular
    Where is the info for this mid-week tournament?

• Options
    My bad, I added it in. I usually post a screenshot of the current week's settings, but was unable to this week because of being away.

Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Big Dookie wrote: »
    Rules are Normal Items, 150cc, Normal CPU, etc. It'll probably stay this way for a couple more weeks until we get moved into our new house.

That's cool. Good luck with the move too!

I can post results afterward for each tournament until you return.

I like mushrooms only. My only problem with it is that 1st place also receives a lot of mushrooms which reduces come-back chances.

The balance is that first place will only ever get a single mushroom if they come up, whereas anyone placed 3rd or lower (and sometimes 2nd) has a good chance of getting three mushrooms at once.

First place also gets coins fairly frequently.

Rehab on
  • Options
    Big Dookie wrote: »

That's cool. Good luck with the move too!

I can post results afterward for each tournament until you return.

That'd be awesome, thanks!

Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    Some really entertaining and close finishes so far!

• Options
    Also, we need more people goddamnit.

• Options
    You can tell this is Normal CPU when I'm actually doing decently.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Aww, we lost Didge.

Edit: Fucking hell you guys wailed on me at the end there, geez! :P

Rehab on
  • Options
    Gah, Lakitu you placed me on top of a banana on purpose!

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    My bike seems magnetized to shells and all manner of items today.

I had no business placing in the top three there.

• Options
    My bike seems magnetized to shells and all manner of items today.

Well maybe if you would just stay out of my way... :P

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    We are doing a fine job of fucking each other over huh?

• Options
    We are doing a fine job of fucking each other over huh?

Yes... yes we are. I say this after taking a green shell...

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    I get it, its because my Mii isn't wearing a green shirt! :P

• Options
    Sorry for not sticking around. A bit tired and not enough people to really justify.

Really fun races though!

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Yeah, I had fun! Pulling some highlights now.

Found the perfect race to encapsulate the Rehab VS skeldare showdown already.

This discussion has been closed.