Options

Mario Kart 8: Animal Crossing DLC April 23rd, with 200cc coming for free!

• Options
    RehabRehab Registered User regular
    The Deadly C's is what they called 'em.

Played a lot of Mario Kart they did.

NNID: Rehab0
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    I am getting frickin smoked tonight. Y'all are beasts!

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    The Absolute/Big/Rehab competition is pretty damn close!

• Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    That was embarassing. Took the shortcut on pirhana plant slide to secure 2nd place. Got stuck behind a wall. Finished 6th.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    ConnConn Registered User regular
    Jesus my lead is so vulnerable aaauuuggghhh.

XBL, PSN, and NNID: "ConnConnor" for all three.
  • Options
    That was embarassing. Took the shortcut on pirhana plant slide to secure 2nd place. Got stuck behind a wall. Finished 6th.

Saw that as I was right behind so I feel for you.

I got extremely lucky on that last turn.

• Options
    DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    I'm pretty happy with my showing tonight! Great racing everyone, this was a very fun tourney. :D

• Options
    This was probably the most nerve-wracking tourney I've been in. Two photo finishes ahead of Catrine, and a few losses by not much more space.

And then some other lady named Courtney started winning races.

• Options
    Might stop racing in a bit and do a little uploading.

And yeah, you did rather good!

• Options
    After miraculously jumping off both clock hands in rapid succession to make an awesome shortcut on Tick Tock Clock, I immediately drive off the course on the second lap. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

Ha ha, I also attempted to fly too close to the sun on Tick Tock Clock. SUCCESS and then riiiiiight off the ledge. Managed to come back to the upper middle of the pack, but that was embarrassing.

• Options
    MblackwellMblackwell Registered User regular
    I quit honestly. Don't bother counting my score. After getting a disconnect and losing a whole race, along with some lag issues causing the game to be a bit wacky (and losing placements) it just wasn't fun any more.

Music: The Rejected Applications | Nintendo Network ID: Mblackwell

• Options
    MiserableMirthMiserableMirth Registered User regular
    I'm courtney. Not a lady, haha. anyone have any races left?

• Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    Meanwhile, over in the Didge/Maz/William/Nick K/a few other players I'm sorry I can't remember your names/NPC lobby, things were sorta chill. I had a couple times where I (finally) beat Maz after getting a triple mushroom on the last lap, and got paid back in kind by Nick K on Piranha Plant Slide.

But yeah, I agree with Conn: Mushrooms Only is stressful. It's not even shells or lightning that gets you... it's that one time you clonk the side of the track and go from first to seventh.

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    I'm courtney. Not a lady, haha. anyone have any races left?

Ah, I was wondering. Masculine Mii with a lady's name. I didn't think "Courtney" was unisex.

Conn on
  • Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    In retrospect I should probably have used a different set-up for these races, my top speed was leaving me in the dust behind Courtney and Conn and various others. Ah well, close enough I guess.

• Options
    Conn wrote: »
    I didn't think "Courtney" was unisex.
    No one does.

Fun races guys!

• Options
    In retrospect I should probably have used a different set-up for these races, my top speed was leaving me in the dust behind Courtney and Conn and various others. Ah well, close enough I guess.

Didn't seem to be the case on Bowser's Castle. I couldn't figure out why I couldn't catch up. I guess if you'd had my same Time Trial build I woulda been proper boned.

• Options
    Kupi wrote: »
    But yeah, I agree with Conn: Mushrooms Only is stressful. It's not even shells or lightning that gets you... it's that one time you clonk the side of the track and go from first to seventh.

For me it was that time another racer bumped into me and then I had to deal with grass/dirt/lava/a huge boulder/a wall. :P

• Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    Ah, it was good to be playing Mario Kart again with you all. I did alright in the first half of my races, but things fell apart for me once the lobby started getting fuller. Screwed myself up far too many times with a mistimed mushroom. And the game didn't really like me on Moo Moo Farm, giving me coins when I was in 10th and 11th place, and taking its sweet time in selecting my item. Ah, well. Better luck next week, I guess!

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    Mushroom only makes GBA Mario Circuit crazy as hell.

• Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    Conn wrote: »

Didn't seem to be the case on Bowser's Castle. I couldn't figure out why I couldn't catch up. I guess if you'd had my same Time Trial build I woulda been proper boned.

That was something of an outlier yes, obviously some of it depends on grabbing coins quickly, and getting mushrooms at the right places, but I'm not certain how I got so far out front in that race. I'm gonna chalk it up to vengeful spirits I think. That's my go to explanation.

• Options
    It felt weird playing Mario Kart without the constant threat of being blasted with blue or red shells.

• Options
    Piranha Plant Slide was possibly the most hectic, insane race I've ever had in Mario Kart 8. Would have never guessed things could get so nuts and nerve wracking with Mushrooms Only.

The next few weeks will be running the normal settings poll. We will probably do something special on Week 20.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
    It felt weird playing Mario Kart without the constant threat of being blasted with blue or red shells.

A threat doesn't guarantee it will happen. In mario kart, you WILL get blasted.

Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
      Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
    • Options
      Highlights!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcdV8B2ZDos

Lots of slipstreaming and anti-gravity boosting! Nice perspective from the first ramp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-i1WgLCJr8

Close finishes in the front and lots of shifting going on throughout. Another win for Conn with Doug placing well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJQeJycTC7E

Cathrine and Courtney cross the finish line in the closest finish Mario Kart TV captured.

• Options
      I bet Rehab, A-0 and I are all gonna upload a bunch of the same races.

• Options
      edited September 2014
      I missed my ramp boost at end of Thwomp Ruins. In mushrooms only it comes down to the little things.

Rosalina's voice at the end of the clip cracks me up.

MiserableMirth on
    • Options
      That is very likely!

Here is the race just after you left though which shouldn't have so much overlap:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geFlCiitTlg

• Options
      Results post and a highlight or two incoming fairly soon. Had to take a dinner break!

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
    • Options
      Highlights abound! May be some redundancy between mine, Rehab's, and A-0's on account of being in the same lobby, but whatevs.

My first close call came on Race 7 in the Electrodrome, where I went from 9th to 1st when I botched the start:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mg1jl_pNr2M

Catrine joined our lobby in Race 9, and as you might expect the two of us had it out with no items from the peasantry to interrupt us. I won by a pixel at Grumble Volcano:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaDHNeeTSw4

My first loss came in Race 10, at the hands of Courtney:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1I9LEbQYEhA
      Courtney would later go on to win at Moo Moo Farms and Piranha Plant Pipeway (I can never remember what the fuck it's called), but he won those two so distantly they didn't make as good of highlight reels.

Catrine won a close Race 12 at Bowser's Castle:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHLDrbxQNrU

In Race 15, Catrine and I get in another pixel-width photo finish, this time with me showing off some burn-hopping at the end:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldKepJ5Cd_M

That's it from me. Well done all around!

• Options
      Penny-Arcade G&T Sunday Drivers Week 15: MUSHROOM MADNESS Results

de30iuqhihvr.png

zlCfzScXWpgBgAB6O1
      zlCfzScXTtsiUrnp9R

nagulwj48w0y.png
      dkm5p3xgajti.png
      fpcnxi8nv08p.png

You can find some more granular information at this link.

Check out some highlights from this week's action!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fauP7iinb60
      Wk 15 Highlights: Courtney wins an absolutely fierce contest at Piranha Plant Slide!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqSv3zyCumU
      Wk 15 Highlights: Catrine claims victory from the fires of Bowser's Castle!

Thanks to all who participated in today's races. See you again next SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
    • Options
      JishianJishian ◥▶◀◤ Registered User regular
      I missed it again. What time zone is this in?

• Options
      6 to 8 PM Central Time every Sunday

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
    • Options
      MblackwellMblackwell Registered User regular
      Oh, I said not to count this week since I only did half the races but that's fine I guess.

Music: The Rejected Applications | Nintendo Network ID: Mblackwell

• Options
      Huzzah! I have unlocked the Golden Glider!

After the tournament I saw that I had less than 200 coins left to unlock it, so I farmed it out the rest of the way.

Next week I will roll full gold with Wario, practicality be damned.

• Options
      4th is fine by me, I'll take that.

I haven't really got any exciting replays that haven't already been shown, none worth posting anyway, although I see my secret shame on Rainbow Road 64 is now displayed for all to see; I am terrible at avoiding those bouncing chomps.

• Options
      Whoo, top ten! Moooostly because our lobby wasn't very full, but I'll take it. I'll see if I have any good replays later tonight, after work.

• Options
      cravipatcravipat CFKPW? Registered User regular
      I feel like a cheater since I missed all the action. It was mostly just Dan and I for the second hour of the tournament. At least I got 14 races in this time.

nw1m8qQ.pngwNA4DEe.png6W3X2nk.png
      Super Mario Maker ID: DBB-1RH-JJG
    • Options
      KupiKupi Registered User regular
      Yeah, my ranking is probably way bullshit thanks to CPU point inflation. Realistically I scored a 144 or less.

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
    • Options
      TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
      17th only doing 8 races! Woo!

Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
        Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
      This discussion has been closed.