As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[DC Movies] Go post in the new thread

• Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    Bobble wrote: »
    I think we all just assumed, since the unspoken prefix of all DC movies seems to be Batman And/--Or--/Vs.

Batman or Superman is a hilarious idea. Minimalist trailers, just shots of everything other than the hero so the audience has to guess. Who's going to save the day? Buy your ticket now and find out!

I'd like to see it done as Waiting For Godot, but in reverse.

Bunch of guys standing around speculating about when Batman is going to finally go away. In the end, they find that Batman is still around, and won't be leaving today. They conclude that maybe he'll go away tomorrow.

fin

[DC Movies] thread: The movie

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    Sorce wrote: »
    I really doubt Goyer of all people is going to write a female Robin into this movie. He probably didn't even want Wonder Woman there.
    Didn't Affleck's approved writer take over from Goyer writing the screen play? Goyer was involved in the story process before that happened, so his credit is probably like TDK's.
    Depends on the Robin.

Dick's parents were killed as part of his origin.
    Tim's parents were killed (seperately) after he became Robin.
    Jason's parents abandoned him, but his mother never died, I think.
    Stephanie's Dad is dead, but her mother is still alive, at least Pre-Nu52. No idea how either of them shook out as a part of that.
    Carrie's parents... I have no idea.

Carrie's parents are alive, and don't care about her in the least. I'd love for the rumor that she's going to be played by Jena Malone to be true.

Harry Dresden on
  • Options
    KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    I thought Waiting for Gadot was the Wonder Woman movie.

KingofMadCows on
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    So wait, the Flash announced for JL isn't the same Flash in the TV series?

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
  • Options
    EriktheVikingGamerEriktheVikingGamer Registered User regular

Correct, because they're dumb. Someone will no doubt come along and deliver a/the WB's reasoning for it, but I'm of the firm belief that they're dumb until proven otherwise.

Steam - DailyFatigueBar
    FFXIV - Milliardo Beoulve/Sargatanas
  • Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Nope. They announced that very fact the day after (or shortly thereafter) Flash premiered, causing Stephen Amell to publicly ask wtf DC/WB was thinking.

The fact that Flash is Amazeballs does not help their position.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    I hope to fuck we get John Stewart as the GL.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    They could not have picked a better flash for the CW show though.

It's a shame he didn't get snatched up for the movie.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
  • Options
    Wonder woman and flash stood out as pretty terrible choices.

• Options
    Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    "Flash" is the worst.

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    JayrichoJayricho Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Nope. They announced that very fact the day after (or shortly thereafter) Flash premiered, causing Stephen Amell to publicly ask wtf DC/WB was thinking.

The fact that Flash is Amazeballs does not help their position.

I love how vocal Amell was about it too. Just completely "I don't care if I get in shit, this is fucking stupid WB!".

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    The fact that they picked another actor for the Flash in movies is GOOD. It's a good thing.

You don't want the people making DC movies anywhere near the Flash/Arrow TV shows.

• Options
    shryke wrote: »
    The fact that they picked another actor for the Flash in movies is GOOD. It's a good thing.

You don't want the people making DC movies anywhere near the Flash/Arrow TV shows.

That wasn't Amell's complaint, it was announcing it right after Flash's pilot was on the air - taking the wind out of the show's sails.

• Options

They could have at least picked a good actor then.

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular

That wasn't Amell's complaint, it was announcing it right after Flash's pilot was on the air - taking the wind out of the show's sails.

Oh, I totally agree with Amell's complaint. Plus if I were Grant Gustin I'd be kinda pissed I missed out on a shot at a major movie role and major movie money.

But from a fan perspective, the less WB bullshit the shows have to deal with, the better.

• Options

Oh, I totally agree with Amell's complaint. Plus if I were Grant Gustin I'd be kinda pissed I missed out on a shot at a major movie role and major movie money.

But from a fan perspective, the less WB bullshit the shows have to deal with, the better.

I feel Gustin dodged a bullet here, as cool as it would be for him to be movie Flash.

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    edited May 2015
    Lance Reddick could rock Manhunter or Green Lantern.

Or fuck it, Superman. Or Batman. The guy's awesome, get him in a movie.

Dark Raven X on
    Oh brilliant
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    I hope to fuck we get John Diggle as the GL.

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Images and video of the FRANK MILLER GODDAMMIT Batman in Suicide Squad.

...man, they're not even trying to keep secrets over there.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    I was going to say "well, it's possible the Justice League flick will still be decent as long as Snyder's not directing it" but a quick search of IMDB indicates Snyder's directing it. Wheeee!

• Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    Ugh, I really hate that "bat" symbol on that costume. It doesn't even look like a bat.

• Options
    It's probably the most realistic bat silhouette so far.

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    Why is Suicide Squad using the Dark Knight Returns style suit?

Never was a fan of it, with the stumpy ears and overly fat bat symbol on the chest.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options

Never was a fan of it, with the stumpy ears and overly fat bat symbol on the chest.

That's the DCCU's Batman in his glory.

• Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular

Yeah after you squashed one with a mallet.

• Options

Because nearly every Batman movie has been influenced by Dark Knight Returns to some extent, so of course pork-appendaged Snyder has to crank the DKR to 11.

• Options
    KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Images and video of the FRANK MILLER GODDAMMIT Batman in Suicide Squad.

...man, they're not even trying to keep secrets over there.

I'm guessing they're going to incorporate the crowds into the film. Everyone has smartphones now and they film every police chase, car accident, disaster, etc. If people saw Batman fighting Joker, they'd probably stop to record it.

• Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    That JL cast list looks mostly fine to me. The only iffy choices are Eisenberg and Gadot, and I could be convinced on either of them.

I thought the casting in MoS was pretty good, for example, so no problems there. I don't mind Bataffleck, Reddick is awesome, and I don't know a good chunk of them, so there you go.

The problems with these films are going to be helming and writing, not the actors.

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    i'm mostly just completely unafraid of Eisenberg. I don't think he could pull off any kind of luthor I would ever want to watch.

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    I like the Batman suit, he even has a top chest plate that looks like the top torso of an action figure for mobility. The ears should be a bit longer but it's fine by me.

I just wonder if he's going to have a CGI Spawn cape to boot.

• Options
    Kipling217Kipling217 Registered User regular
    I don't know about Eisenber. He has grown on me lately. Now that he has started to look grown up instead of a overripe teenager, I buy is performances more.

Heath Ledgers Joker has made me wary of judging casting in superhero movies. I know Eisenberg can give a great performance if the script is right. He has a few solid movies under his belt to back that up.

The flipside is that his Luthor is going to be compared to his Mark Zuckerberg no matter what the quality of the script is.

The sky was full of stars, every star an exploding ship. One of ours.
  • Options
    Eisenberg's the one I'm most worried about. He's a good actor, but I'm just not sure he'll have the commanding presence Luthor needs.

• Options
    GaddezGaddez Registered User regular
    I'm less worried about Eisenberg then I am Gadot (she looks like she desperately needs to eat a cheeseburger) and the guy they're getting to do Flash (because I have no idea who that is).

• Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    I'm prepared for Jason Momoa to be the guy everyone says "I wish they'd given him more to do instead of that other guy" coming out of that movie.

• Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular

Aside from the "BEEF" aspect of this batman i really like the suit and silhouette. Its seems very "oldschool" to me. Well besides the BEEF

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    i think jesse eisenberg will do a really good job

he takes acting super seriously and lets be honest live action lex luthor is always fkin awful so its not like he has a high bar to clear

my waifu jesse

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    AstaerethAstaereth In the belly of the beastRegistered User regular
    Eisenberg will be great, I have no idea where these reservations are coming from. His entire career he's been desperately trying to be more endearing than cruel, and now he gets to unleash his natural state.

ACsTqqK.jpg
This discussion has been closed.