As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[League of Legends] Worlds has started, keep spoilers in tags!

• Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    Smaug6 wrote: »
    Soraka passive plus mobility boots means you run as fast as the speed of light. You are already at the low health target by the time the light hits your eyes to show you have moved.

also a good reason why to build ToA as your gold item

• Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Happy 3rd Birthday Dominion.

6259698224_55cf3f5470_z.jpg

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Akali

Twilight Shroud (W) no longer grants 10/20/30/40/50 armor or mr .
    Twilight Shroud (W) now grants 60/70/80/90/100% burst of movement speed which decays over 1 second while in shroud.

Um

This is only a PBE change so far, but that sounds like a potentially horrifying change

Burnage on
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »
    Akali

Twilight Shroud (W) now grants 60/70/80/90/100% burst of movement speed which decays over 1 second while in shroud.

Um

This is only a PBE change so far, but that sounds like a potentially horrifying change
    Really? Removing the bonus armor/MR means she's only going to die even faster inside shroud to point and click effects at skill levels where everyone knows to carry a Pink/upgraded Sweeper to deal with her in teamfights.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    I'll take it. As an Ezreal player I've resigned myself to the fact that if Akali is ever in kick range then it's burst or die time, because you sure as hell aren't disengaging. Getting rid of her resists is going to let me win a few more fights.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    Man, it's just troll after troll after troll tonight in ranked. Akali jungle, Leona jungle, Viktor Support, Janna mid.

I'm gonna take a somewhat extended ranked break I think

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Khavall wrote: »
    Man, it's just troll after troll after troll tonight in ranked. Akali jungle, Leona jungle, Viktor Support, Janna mid.

In a few days it'll start to be wonderful as the trolls are kicked down to Normal games and chat restricted. Cleaning up the ranked queues, if this works, will be a glorious thing.

spool32 on
  • Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    Vim for support is legit if they don't have a dash. Unfortunately every AD has a dash now.

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    Goumindong wrote: »
    Vim for support is legit if they don't have a dash. Unfortunately every AD has a dash now.

It was Lucian/Braum vs. Twitch/Viktor

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i actually really like that akali change because it super-emphasizes her strengths and takes away a needless point of power

the numbers might not be balanced but i like the direction

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Joe KJoe K Registered User regular
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Khavall wrote: »

To be fair... Akali has been a viable jungler in the past, Leona can jungle (very poorly - there's better people to come out of jungle with multiple strong CCs ready), and Janna mid was once a "fuck it, I'm roaming" situation.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    Hexakill feels kinda weird especially after Ascension. 6v6 on TT makes leveling kinda slow by traditional means so ganking is probably the main way to get ahead of the other team quickly.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Really curious to see which fnatic and which OMG show up today

e
    soaz is playing like shit, per usual

and why did jatt say that OMG trading their support for rekkles was a good fight for fnatic

pyromaniac221 on
    psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • Options
    pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    this game is a fucking shambles

• Options
    a glorious fucking shambles

"be sure to use hashtag worldsbigplays when you link this entire game"
    one fucking autoattack. LOL

• Options
    ExarchExarch Registered User regular
    That was so intense.

No gods or kings, only man.
    LoL: BunyipAristocrat
  • Options
    Mr.SunshineMr.Sunshine Registered User regular
  • Options
    C9 vs ALL champ select
    ok

• Options
    usa usa usa usa

• Options
    I really don't like C9's picks in this game. I just don't understand what they intend to do with the comp

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    I really don't like C9's picks in this game. I just don't understand what they intend to do with the comp

J4 ult into, Morg ult (or vice versa), with Zil bombs + Ryze AoE and Lucian doing stuff. The A of E's.

Mr.Sunshine on
  • Options
    evilthecatevilthecat Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    c9/all
    suck it, yanks!

evilthecat on
    tip.. tip.. TALLY.. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • Options
    the fatal flaw
    didnt ban rammus

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    I desperately want a Riot Sorakka skin where she has an ambulance siren that goes off whenever her passive is activated by a nearby wounded ally

• Options

J4 ult into, Morg ult (or vice versa), with Zil bombs + Ryze AoE and Lucian doing stuff. The A of E's.

It sounds good when you say it like that but you've got no actual damage and rely a lot on the other team doing nothing during this time

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    I think their entire plan was to lean on Lucian's early game to carry them to the point where Ryze with Zilean ult would just autowin teamfights while J4 engaged but Meteos seemed really uncomfortable on that champion and they just misplayed in general

Both Alliance and C9 are playing too shaky for it to seem possible for Shield to do anything but 6-0 this group

pyromaniac221 on
  • Options

It sounds good when you say it like that but you've got no actual damage and rely a lot on the other team doing nothing during this time
    C9 probably thought it was a good idea too until free farm Irealia shows up and kills everyone. Plus headbutts & taunts don't care bout J4.

• Options
    J4 is anti-win.

• Options
    MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Pixflare Registered User regular
    Alliance Alliance Alliance!

• Options
    Spectrum wrote: »
    Burnage wrote: »
    Akali

Um

Really? Removing the bonus armor/MR means she's only going to die even faster inside shroud to point and click effects at skill levels where everyone knows to carry a Pink/upgraded Sweeper to deal with her in teamfights.

I'm more scared of an Akali with extra mobility than I am pleased about an Akali who dies slightly quicker when focused, if that makes sense.

• Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    I have an IP question. I was kinda hoping to fill out my roster......but I just did the math..... 15 4800's and 19 6300's. If I do a 1 win of the day game like I usually did with bots (since I have so many other things to play), that 360 days to get all the 4800's and 599 days to get all the 6300's. It would take 3 and a quarter years. I'm honestly not sure if it's worth all that effort with the up and down nature of balancing. I don't have a consistent group of people to play with, but it's always nice when Wicked invites me for normals or Sleia or Mooman's groups do ARAM's. That old IP reduction change they made a while back really hurt in the longrun.

Doesn't seem practical to just grind with no rhyme or reason by myself, no fun in that.

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    SampsenSampsen Aggressive Berserker Registered User regular
    Yeah, you have to really enjoy the game to put the time required. Do you really need all the champions though? It doesn't really seem practical, even with the reduced releases from Riot.

Sampsen_na_104_5_logo.png
  • Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Sampsen wrote: »
    Yeah, you have to really enjoy the game to put the time required. Do you really need all the champions though? It doesn't really seem practical, even with the reduced releases from Riot.

Well when I don't have Yasuo, Nami, Zed, Lucian, etc. There are some "must haves" that I don't have yet. Then are are some that are just fun like Ziggs that I don't have. I -could- play nothing but this for months on end and get them all....but by then I'd be so sick of it I'd uninstall and never touch it again, seems counterproductive.

EDIT - Plus there is that whole East Coast instability thing going on so I don't want to even look at ranked because I'm just going to ruin the game for my team when I randomly have 300+ ping for no reason. Although it looks like 20 minute TT runs are more efficient time wise if you win most of the time. Not sure about ARAM's, might have to do a sampling since no one else has.

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    The Talon nerf has been so damn good. Killing them all day as Ezreal now.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    There aren't any "must have" champions, honestly. You're going to do better playing champions that you're comfortable with as opposed to what's hot right now, and the community consistently undervalues champions that aren't in the limelight.

Up until very recently a large chunk of the community would call Zilean and Janna utter trash, for instance.

• Options
    DraygoDraygo Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    To be fair though zil is trash in a lot of solo q games. I do like they made his effect more obvious because in some fights ive been in with effects flying around its hard to notice that hey zil ulted me and I don't need to flash out of this but should force them to kill me.

He is hurt by that quite a bit. if you can sync your team up with how zil plays then he is awesome.

Draygo on
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    I never notice Zilean ults on me. Apparently they made the icons bigger in a recent patch? I wish there were also a really loud sound effect. Basically, it needs to be more like when Kayle says UNDYING and the target is sheathed in an *enormous* amber globe. It's just hard to see the little gold Zilean particles in the middle of a busy teamfight.

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    Zilean is trash though, and whenever he is effective it has less to do with him and more to do with the champs he is reviving.

7244qyoka3pp.gif