As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[League of Legends] Worlds has started, keep spoilers in tags!

• Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Kha'zix has been so feast or famine in Worlds. Either he's so fed he can solo half a team, or he's so underfed he can't even go in without evaporating.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    I look forward to spending the next year shutting down all the EU>NA taunts with the group stage results.

PS - I'm not dead, just had a kid and thus cannot fully devote 30-40 minutes at a time to things.

• Options
    Honestly, even as an EU player, I hate Alliance so much.

I wouldn't have minded seeing fnatic go through, but they aren't playing on the same level as most of the other teams.

• Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Hopped into the shower just as the picks ended, not liking C9's lineup right now..... Talon? Really?

EDIT They played that well but those picks were godawful considering they gave away Lee, Zed, and Kass.

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    That was a pretty incredible match.
    C9 at a disadvantage the entire game. But the map play was incredible, and even when behind, they were setting the tempo for the entire second half of the game, with a real chance of winning. Most other teams would just be folding at that point.

• Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    That was one of the craziest games I've ever seen.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    programjunkieprogramjunkie Registered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »
    So is the Soraka rework actually broken or am I just meshing with it ridiculously well? I've literally won every single game I've played with her.

She just seems unstoppable to me. In lane she completely shuts down poke lanes with her W and burst lanes with her E. In teamfights she's effectively turning everyone else on her team into a tank, and good luck to the enemy team if someone else has a heal so Soraka's health can stay topped up.

I hate it. I like to be a front line buffer for my marksman and she cannot do that anymore. Also, I like how Riot very carefully designed split her heal and Q damage to stop her from being a super mage, as well as giving her a dumb passive. :frowning:

• Options
    evilthecatevilthecat Registered User regular
    Hell, eu is still being represented by tsm, what with nearly half the team being eu-ers :p

tip.. tip.. TALLY.. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • Options
    The more I think about it, I bet C9 would have had that game if they hadn't wasted wasted the Nidalee pick and got Zed instead.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    Joe KJoe K Registered User regular
    I'm not sure that Nidalee is a wasted pick, she's super strong.

• Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Joe K wrote: »
    I'm not sure that Nidalee is a wasted pick, she's super strong.

I should clarify. It was a wasted -first- pick with Zed, Lee and Kassadin available. There is a high likelyhood they could have got it as a later pick. That Talon pick bit them in the ass early game, silence nerf or no silence nerf.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    übergeek wrote: »
    The more I think about it, I bet C9 would have had that game if they hadn't wasted wasted the Nidalee pick and got Zed instead.

Nah. They needed to have a strong split to ensure that white didn't get good 5v5s which they would win. But Hai can't split because he is the shot caller, he can't skirmish and watch a 4v4 at the same time. This is why it's almost always balls doing the splitting for c9 when they do.

So picking zed is good in that it denies it to white but it doesn't do anything for c9s comp. it's better to have zed on the other team and have a contested split than split with hai or not have the split option.

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    I'm surprised the Shen comp hasn't appeared yet, is he still disabled, or has he just been nerfed that much?

• Options
    pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    Nidalee is absolutely a higher priority pick than kassadin

psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • Options
    VaregaVarega Registered User regular
    I'm surprised the Shen comp hasn't appeared yet, is he still disabled, or has he just been nerfed that much?

It's not even that he's been nerfed, just that Maokai/Rumble/Kayle all beat him. Remember, Shen doesn't really 'win' lane, he causes other lanes to win. Can't do that if you're dead.

League of Legends:Varega
  • Options
    Varega wrote: »

It's not even that he's been nerfed, just that Maokai/Rumble/Kayle all beat him. Remember, Shen doesn't really 'win' lane, he causes other lanes to win. Can't do that if you're dead.
    And jungle Shen hasn't really been a thing for years.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Spectrum wrote: »

His clear speed is much improved with the new(ish) Ancient Golem, actually.

• Options
    WhiteSharkWhiteShark Registered User regular
    Spectrum wrote: »

His clear speed is much improved with the new(ish) Ancient Golem, actually.

'much improved' and 'good' are vastly different things

also his pressure out of the jungle is not very good

• Options
    ExarchExarch Registered User regular
    Have to say the group stage was much more competitive this year. Monte is right to say the Koreans are more dominant, but the individual games and the group dynamics were much better than last season. I particularly like that there were no byes, only protected seeding. Last year I felt like C9 lost out since they didn't get to play in groups.

In the elimination stage though I think we'll see less disrespectful play and more brutal games.
    As to results, I'm disappointed that OMG made it through, I felt they were the worst or second worst team in the group, and have no chance of advancing. Tough group obviously, but still. I also think EU needs to see their failure for what it was, inconsistency and over estimation of their own play due to their shallow comparative scene.

No gods or kings, only man.
    LoL: BunyipAristocrat
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    I have 1665 RP

do i just roll random mystery skins

or buy battlecast vel koz

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SampsenSampsen Aggressive Berserker Registered User regular
    Mystery skins are fun, I sent out a few gifts last night. I tried to gift Rozz, but it says he has too many skinds and champions to be able to gift him anything. Like.. wut? Rozz, how do you have so much League stuff?

Sampsen_na_104_5_logo.png
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    I have 1665 RP

Battlecast, IMO.

Because fire ALL THE MISSILES.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    PMAvers wrote: »
    I have 1665 RP

Battlecast, IMO.

but what if i go on a massive losing streak after i buy the skin.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    it is done. battle cast. missles away

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »
    I have 1665 RP

Battlecast, IMO.

but what if i go on a massive losing streak after i buy the skin.

Win or lose, you still lazered some fools. And so you are the true winner.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Somebody made a spreadsheet listing the stats of the Group Stage.
    I think it's probably safe to say that Zilean, Lee, Mao and maybe Kha are going to get smacked around with the nerf bat something fierce once this is all over.

It also looks to me like champion diversity really is still pretty low. Eleven champions were picked or banned in over half of all the games each?

Burnage on
  • Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    Mystery skins can be a cruel mistress. First one I open is Superb Villain Veigar, which is a great skin, but I have Final Boss...third one is Curling Veigar, oh come on.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    Mystery skins can be a cruel mistress. First one I open is Superb Villain Veigar, which is a great skin, but I have Final Boss...third one is Curling Veigar, oh come on.

You are now a Veigar main. Embrace it.

• Options
    Shoutcasters doing the end of KBM/ALL

Riv still da best

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x64ZoanXDew&feature=youtu.be

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Hargaad of OmnarHargaad of Omnar New Badges? Fucking BOSS!Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    GnomeTank wrote: »

I would totally switch between Curling Veigar and Final Boss Veigar.
    I also switch between Vancouver Amumu, Almost-Prom King Amumu, and Robot Amumu.

Hargaad of Omnar on
    Star Wars (2 separate links)
    Yelling at butts will never NOT be funny. Thanks, Psy!
    Also, Abby is awesome. Keep up with TLH because it's the tits!

I love League of Legends, but seriously...screw you, Teemo.
  • Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    Little Knight Amumu forever and ever, amen.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    I guess I'll get a mystery ski.. fuck, longhorn alistar

• Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    aUnMGdA.png

That's TWO legendaries from this round of mystery skins. Got Aether Wing Kayle a few days ago. Also Blood Knight Hecarim, Vandal Jax, Mecha Malphite, Pool Party Renekton, Sultan Gangplank, Void Nocturne, Grim Reaper Karthus, Headless Hecarim, and Special Forces Gangplank. I should not be trusted with money.

• Options
    i got PROJECT: Yasuo for myself and gifted Zombie Brand, Ice Toboggan Corki, and Heartseeker Ashe. I'm pleased with mystery gifting. I also got Deadly Kennen, but I would prefer to forget that one.

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »
    Somebody made a spreadsheet listing the stats of the Group Stage.
    I think it's probably safe to say that Zilean, Lee, Mao and maybe Kha are going to get smacked around with the nerf bat something fierce once this is all over.

It also looks to me like champion diversity really is still pretty low. Eleven champions were picked or banned in over half of all the games each?
    Don't be silly, Lee doesn't get nerfed.

• Options
    I mean how do you nerf Lee in any significant way? Lower projectile speeds? Shorter ranges?

His stats aren't really a part of what makes him so good.

• Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Ugh, trying to grind the icons for teambuilder, the matchmaker in there is absolute garbage. Its consistently giving me bronze 5 teams vs gold 4 enemies.

Smite/Flash Viktor midlane, Clarity/Flash Vayne ADC

Gnome-Interruptus on
    steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    If I were to nerf Lee Sin, I'd put some delays into his abilities. He is just hard to react to

http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Sampsen wrote: »
    Mystery skins are fun, I sent out a few gifts last night. I tried to gift Rozz, but it says he has too many skinds and champions to be able to gift him anything. Like.. wut? Rozz, how do you have so much League stuff?

hahahahah

I put Riot's kids through college

Roz on