Options

Crisis on Infinite [Superheroes]: A Multimedia Adventure

• Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    Mike, your art is goddam fantastic, and I really genuinely hope that this portfolio works out well for you

• Options
    MikeLLMikeLL What it do NEPHEW? Registered User regular
    I've got a 15 page portfolio now, so I'm going to shove it in someone's face soon, I'll let you all know how that goes.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Is that Dr. Tracksuit OH MY GOD IT IS
    Mike I love you

• Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Is that Dr. Tracksuit OH MY GOD IT IS
    Mike I love you

it's a section of my Giant Bomb vs. Hawkeye fan fic.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    There were so many panels I ended up missing but god I'm glad I caught the Rumble

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    The UnderDraker appearing and Dr. Tracksuit unzipping his tracksuit to reveal a black one underneath and then unzipping that to reveal the RUN GFB shirt was the best thing ever.

33.media.tumblr.com/c54b6641f6cd3460f51ff874def83c70/tumblr_nb7er7jDr11s4wcdio2_500.gif

ChicoBlue on
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Lucky should be missing an eye but aside from that small detail that is fantastic. The panel of Clint & Lucky cheek to cheek is my favourite thing.

Edit: looking again, the cheek to cheek panel is the only one where he appears to have both eyes?

UnbrokenEva on
  • Options
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    Lucky should be missing an eye but aside from that small detail that is fantastic. The panel of Clint & Lucky cheek to cheek is my favourite thing.

Edit: looking again, the cheek to cheek panel is the only one where he appears to have both eyes?

didn't know he was missing an eye, I'll fix it, it was just luck that it didn't show up much.

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Yeah, Lucky went through some shit in his first appearance, because he's a big dang hero dog and stood up for Clint.

D990FAB3-255B-487E-ADE9-9253CE8608FF-759-0000010CC13CCEB1_zpsde3fa090.jpg

• Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    good dog

• Options
    best friend

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Gud dog, home now

( I'm sorry, here's a tissue)

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    I recognized Brad and Jeff immediately, and it was great.

• Options
    THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    I see what you did there MikeLL

The Doctor is in

d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    -Tal wrote: »
    Kilroy wrote: »
    I think making black widow a hydra agent would be a pretty bold move but I see how that would interfere with her future appearances

I think making the most prominent female character in the mcu into a villain would be a pretty terrible move

the solution there is to have more prominent female characters in the mcu so the few that exist are not compelled to be paragons of representation

well I mean

you can throw in as many new female characters as you want (which I highly encourage)

I would still not be pleased, exactly, with the Wasp or Scarlet Witch or She-Hulk or whatever turning out to be secretly evil, just because it's like...in a 2-hour movie you don't really get to see enough of your favorite characters anyway

making them evil means you'll get to see even less

It worked out so well for Hawkeye!

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I tried a few episodes of Young Justice but I just couldn't make myself care

It gets amazing

The cliffhanger on the finale makes me so mad we'll never get more

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    There's a 10 page preview floating around of Batgirl #35 (the new direction).

It really toes the line very close to what people would refer to as "tumblr bait". The direction is honestly a bit jarring, but it seems neat,

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    "Tumblr bait" means "more inclusive and doesn't cater exclusively to teenage boys", right?

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    no it means they use a selfie as the cover

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    selfies own so what's the prob

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Tumblr bait is basically the newest young avengers and loki

References to writing fan fiction, memes, and trying way to hard to be cute or quirky

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    Heaven forbid comics try and be relevant to the period in which they're written

• Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    Tumblr bait is basically the newest young avengers and loki

References to writing fan fiction, memes, and trying way to hard to be cute or quirky

Those comics are awesome and also totally unique in relation to what most superhero comics are like so I fail to see the problem?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    tumblrbait sounds good

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    They just really really arent for me

I am glad they are there though

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    loki is great but the most recent young avengers does not equal great

• Options
    masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular
    Young Avengers is a book that is not for me

I am completely okay with the existence of books that are not for me, as long as they aren't actively offensive.

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    They just really really arent for me

I am glad they are there though

Yeah you're not alone on this

I am super happy ms. marvel is around, but I read the first few issues and got a very very strong "juno" ish vibe from it

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    That is a much better description of the vibe those comics gave me

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    Juno is the only movie I've ever walked out of.

2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Yer crazy, Chincy. CRAZY.

• Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    Langly wrote: »
    loki is great but the most recent young avengers does not equal great

You're right.

It's actually super great.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    AtomicTofu wrote: »

CMON DOWN TO CRAZY CHINCYS DISCOUNT OPINION WAREHOUSE

WHERE I'LL TELL YOU ABOUT THE TIME I WALKED OUT OF INGLORIOUS BASTERDS CAUSE IT WAS SO DAMNED BORING

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Yeah, don't get me wrong.

The fact that this comic looks absolutely nothing like any comic DC comic out right now it's absolutely great.

It just struck me a bit as trying too hard, but that's a personal choice and only based on 10 page preview.

I'm sure it has to do with my previous notion of Barbara. This is a much younger acting/looking Barbara than she was in the previous run and it's jarring. I mean there's even a scene where someone asks her "What..are you fourteen or something?"

• Options
    AtomicTofu wrote: »

CMON DOWN TO CRAZY CHINCYS DISCOUNT OPINION WAREHOUSE

WHERE I'LL TELL YOU ABOUT THE TIME I WALKED OUT OF INGLORIOUS BASTERDS CAUSE IT WAS SO DAMNED BORING

WE HAVE A POOR BUSINESS MODEL

• Options
    14 year old girls are cooler than u

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    I don't like how coulson turned into a total dork

That's something he is around captain america, not all the time
    No, he's pretty dorky the rest of the time. In every case where we see Coulson the man, he's at least a little dorky. In every case where we see him dealing with civvies he's all business. This was also true for AoS, but most of the interaction was with other SHIELD agents.

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Juno is the only movie I've ever walked out of.

So it wasn't the cheese to your macaroni?

• Options
    FoolOnTheHillFoolOnTheHill PhiladelphiaRegistered User regular
    Dedwrekka wrote: »
    I don't like how coulson turned into a total dork

That's something he is around captain america, not all the time
    No, he's pretty dorky the rest of the time. In every case where we see Coulson the man, he's at least a little dorky. In every case where we see him dealing with civvies he's all business. This was also true for AoS, but most of the interaction was with other SHIELD agents.

That or they have him portrayed as a very capable dork, such as in IM2 when he threatens to taser Tony and watch Supernanny while Tony drools onto the carpet. The line delivery (and half of the content) is a bit dorky, but the audience and Stark totally buy that he can do it.

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Kyougu wrote: »
    Yeah, don't get me wrong.

The fact that this comic looks absolutely nothing like any comic DC comic out right now it's absolutely great.

It just struck me a bit as trying too hard, but that's a personal choice and only based on 10 page preview.

I'm sure it has to do with my previous notion of Barbara. This is a much younger acting/looking Barbara than she was in the previous run and it's jarring. I mean there's even a scene where someone asks her "What..are you fourteen or something?"

Redheads get mistaken as young teenagers all the time...

This discussion has been closed.